20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5521 1 year ago

I just put comet non ghosting LED into my Pinbot feature lamps. Yet still the amount of flicker is insane. Do you guys just deal with the flicker? I can't even buy an LED OCD board. Sold out.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't really have that much flicker on mine. Maybe go incandescent if it bothers you.

Are you using non ghosting LED or regular LED?

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Which lamps are the "feature" lamps? under playfield or above?
I'm looking to do LED conversion on my recently acquired PINBOT, it has LEDs above playfield (except the flashers) and on back box (except flashers here too), but I want to add LEDs to underplayfield, flashers and topper flashers...been reading up on this (I know I would need to disconnect warming resistors for LED flashers)....but I'm not sure if I should be using LEDs with bulb top or flexible type for under playfield particularly for replacing the horizontal mounted lamps.

Don't do LED flashers on this game, & maybe all system 11. They don't work right without certain modifications that probably aren't worth it. I've LED's system 11 before but its been a while & I do recall that I used LED OCD to smooth out the flicker. Looks great with that but they are out of stock. Feature lights are the computer controlled lights, the ones that are mostly (sometimes completely) under the playfield to light up the inserts. I always use flex LED for horizontal. On pinbot there are only 3 (the drop target lights). The LED's will flicker. I'm preparing this game for somebody else but if it were mine I would likely find it unacceptable. I'm just going to tell my guy if this bothers him that we'll wait for led ocd to be in stock. Those are worth it for these system 11/data east era games.

#5534 1 year ago

I'm trying to set pinbot for free play. Adjustment 23. However, there is no YES or NO displayed on the lower displays. Very strange & nothing happens when I press start. In fact, most of the adjustments up until like 30 have no options for me to change. However when I get higher up I'm able to change some things like score thresholds, drop target timer & other things. I'm at a loss. Please help!

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Are all of your score displays working?

Yes. Even if it was a display issue nothing happens when I press start on these settings. No noise or anything. Yet some settings do have a display on the lower displays and I can change those settings. Very confusing.

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

That is weird. If you go into switch test, is your start button switch working well and not registering other switch closures?

Yeah start switch is fine and it does what it should on the settings that I am able to change

Quoted from slochar:

Do an install factory to clear everything out.

Tried this. Same issue. Also all the displays are good.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robx46.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=robx46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.