20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1697 6 years ago

Hey guys, I'll be getting my Jackbot soon, are the Jackbot and Pinbot plastics the same just different art? If so a new set is being made by these guys https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack%e2%80%a2bot-plastics-set-complete-needed-as-loaner so you might want to ask them if they would make a Pinbot plastic set too.

#1709 6 years ago
Quoted from hailrazer:

Just an FYI for those of you with a Pinbot.
I changed all the insert lamps to Comet non-ghosting led's.
Then I installed a chest decal. Put it on using the "wet" method. It went on nice and looked great. Left it on for about a week.
Next I bought and installed a Playfield Protector. Went on smooth and looked and played great.
Left Pinbot running all night.
Woke up the next day and the decal was ruined. All wrinkled and "melted" looking.
After doing a lot of detective work this is what I found out happened. Apparently the transformer is almost directly under the "chest" area. And it puts off a surprising amount of heat. Well that heat rises and gets stuck in those 25 chest inserts. Apparently that is why a lot of wear is in the chest area. All that heat plus the heat of the incandescent bulbs would soften the paint and when the ball rolled over it, the paint would wear off.
So since I have led's installed now there is less heat. And the chest decal by itself was fine. But when I added the Playfield Protector it then acted to "trap" the heat from the transformer.
The solution? I ordered a new decal and replaced the ruined one. Then I added a PC fan underneath blowing across the chest area. Re-installed the Playfield Protector and left Pinbot on all night.
No problems and all is fine now.
Just an FYI for others.

Thanks for the info, the same would be true for Jack Bot then.

1 month later
#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Anyone have a NEW spare mini-playfield for sale? Please PM!
Thanks.

Try making one, I did for my Jackbot, took about 3 hours and is 99.99% accurate. No printing on it though.

IMGA0292 (resized).JPGIMGA0292 (resized).JPG

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

You could scan the art off the original, print it on glossy photo paper, cut it out and adhere it to the underside using optically clear adhesive film.

Yeah I could if I could get the mini posts off, their glued on and won't come off. I'm gonna see how I like being able to see the ball and pf art work around the pops and I'll buy a new mini pf when they come out in a few weeks. I LOVE seeing and hearing pop bumper action.

#1775 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey guys, just joined the club!
Mine has a black spiral, I'm guessing there's probably nothing unique about this, but I thought it was interesting.
My right sling plastic is broken, does anyone have a replacement they can sell me?

The black spiral ramp is from Jack Bot, I just bought 2 new ones, with decals for $12.......but shipping was $40.

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Wanted - one score display, left lift ramp plastic, left lift ramp metal flap between blue ramp and lift.
Thanks!

If your lift ramp and flap are still there you could copy them and make your own. The hardest part would be doing the rivets.

3 weeks later
#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from Knine:

Thanks! Honestly, I'm trying to identify it myself. He wasn't sure so I think maybe he got it when he bought it. He threw in a plastic protector set and a crap ton of led's and odds and end in plastic cliffy protectors too.
I just heard back from one guy that he might have a plastic set stashed but won't be able to dig for it until next week. Inventory is being shipped for an expo but my name is on it if he finds it. Until then the search continues.
I am thinking of getting a CPR back glass.. $249.. but plastics come first, my glass is in good shape. Here is a pic I just took of the playfield.
Thanks for your input!

You might want to contact Pinsider Outsidedge for plastics, he's reproducing plastics for Jackbot so doing a set for Pinbot might be on his radar.

2 weeks later
#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Knine:

Haven't been back on here for a while but have been talking about how I needed to. So I have been collecting parts.. rubber kit, posts metal and stars.. and the Mac daddy of them all.. brace yourselves.. after weeks of emailing every company I could find from all sorts of countries.. even using translators to communicate.. Larry from starship fantasy.. dug and found he had 1 full CPR plastic set! Yes.. I about had a heart attack!
I think I will take it and make vector artwork from them. I think I will try and make a duplicate plastic set for practice, I have done extensive research and have waterside decal paper coming and an HP flatbed scanner otw plus I have a 24"x24" sheet of lexan poly-carbonate sheeting. I doubt I'll ever see a new full plastic set again for sale.
Next on my list is a cpr back glass, then led's and legs.
Having any issue my friend was helping me with today with the right side GI's not working. Blowing a fuse so I know it is shorted somewhere. Going to bring my meter home tomorrow and trace it out. Also I have music and sounds but no voice. Kind of hums I spots where he normally speaks. Maybe board issues?

You may want to contact Pinsider Outsidedge before you start on that plastic set, he just reproduced plastic sets for Jackbot so he might have plans of doing Pinbot.

3 weeks later
#1911 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Was thinking maybe shipping from me/you or you/me would be cheaper that shipping from pinball life. He charges flat rate $8 or whatever. This is really a sub $3 shipment if it is inter US... I am up for it if you are (sorry maybe this should be a PM. But then again maybe others can do this too and benefit from this discussion).

You guys could always make your own for about $5 for both buttons. Just sayin.

#1913 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

And probably power off the coin door lights without having to run a line to the backbox

Yup, that's what I've done to all my games. Use a 2 head flex and they are nice and bright for cheap $.

#1915 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Can you just shine the LED at the threaded barrel portion of the button from inside the cab?

Yup, get the leds as close to or even touching the threaded outer barrel. The 555 sockets work a little better because they are slimmer. If you do all 6 of your games you'll save a ton of money.

1 month later
#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Any source for this decal?
The tax sticker is not coming off without damage.
Thanks.

Is the tax sticker paper? If it is let it soak in water till it softens.

#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I wish it was paper, its actually several years worth of plastic stickers stacked on top of each other.
The bottom one has a 1987 date and it is practically melted to the original decal.
I do not see these coming off without damage.

Oh crap, how about warming them.

#2016 6 years ago

I bought 2 of them for my Jack Bot with decals on ebay from a guy in Australia, $20 for the pair and $50 to ship.

1 week later
#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Impzilla & Grumpy ,Ya'll are the bee knees. Red eject holes and a 10w 5ohm resistor ordered from Marco.

Now all you have to do is light them up with a 555 sockets and 2 flex head Comet leds and your in business.

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

wayout440 , I swear by it. That Locktite PROFESSIONAL LIQUID Super Glue is some strong stuff ($8 at Michael's). Make sure it is the PROFESSIONAL LIQUID type. My sunglasses broke in half 6 months ago at the nose bridge and I used this stuff. I use the sunglasses daily and they don't budge. It drys clear and you can sand it down if needed.
Several years ago I read something about it on a pinball forum and have used it on the underside of cracked plastics that can't be replaced. I also used it on my cracked in half red Pin* Bot topper. Within 10 minutes I could hold either side of the 2' long topper with no sag. the stuff is like concrete!
On the vortex, I've done several layers to build it up. Apply, wait several hours, Apply, wait several hours... etc. You also have to prop it at the right angle and watch it to make sure the glue is pooling, and not slowly moving to drip off the edge.
Here's an explanation of how this glue works:
https://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/tools-and-supplies/184-super-glue
...and a video of a suspended 5.2 ton truck being held with 8 drops of the glue
» YouTube video

Is that a liquid or a gel? Have you looked on ebay to get it cheaper?

#2101 6 years ago

Did you guys know that covering a spot of super glue with baking soda hardens it instantly and it's actually stronger then if you let it harden naturally.

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Interesting... Does it discolor the glue if the glue dries clear?

Oh I forgot, it turns white.

1 week later
#2196 6 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

but the inserts...dear god, the inserts...

The inserts have baked on glue that's hard as a rock right? That and some are all scuffed to shit.

#2200 6 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

"The inserts have baked on glue that's hard as a rock right? That and some are all scuffed to shit."

That was the case with my BOP pf when I pulled the mylar, that and the inserts were clearly scuffed on the tops of the inserts from ball travel.

1 week later
#2246 6 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

Just finished repopulating the mini playfield. What a pain in the ass!

Ha, if you think that's a pain try making one.

IMGA0292 (resized).JPGIMGA0292 (resized).JPG

#2248 6 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

I'll take a pass on that challenge.

Actually it's not that hard, took me about 3 hours and was really fun to make.

#2267 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I had noticed my visor 5 bank drop target was uneven and when I touched it, it wobbled quite a bit. I pulled the whole visor motor assembly and found the two black plastic pieces have been broken and glued back together several times. I've glued the whole thing back together with Locktite Professional Super Glue (which is amazing, by the way, and you should own some) for now, but have created some 3D models of the two pieces to recreate the unobtanium parts with a 3D printer. I'll let you all know how it turns out...

Is this the same assembly as in Jackbot?

#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Here are some pics of my PinBot with Comet Matrix post leds. The Blue is white leds, the Red is Red leds. I actually prefer the white for the posts,... as the Red is a bit bleached out. I have these on ALL the posts that are visible. Did White under Blue posts on BoP and that came out nicely as well. As I say, not something everyone will like, but it has jazzed up the Red/Blue theme somewhat. The mirror blades show you the theme across the playfield. iPhone doesn't take the best of pics unfortunately. The mod hasn't helped my game play ability one little bit though!!

Are those from that German company, I forgot their name. I like those cuz they fit inside the post so they don't raise the post.

#2282 6 years ago

I know Comet sells the ones that the post sit on top of them, I don't care for those but the price is waaaay better.

#2287 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Ooh! Where did you get the mirror blades or how did you make them?

pinballsidemirrors.com has them for $79.95 but I don't think they are the thin ones.

#2300 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Hey all! Thought this might be of interest to some... that big blue plastic in the back corner that is always broken is being re manufactured by Planetary Pinball for JackBot. Based on the scan I have for pinbot, it looks like it will work, but may need some modification. Also as the back area is clear, it will probably brighten up the ramp and that dark corner. In looking at my game, I don't think missing the rest of the blue is going to matter. Anyways, for $12 I'm willing to be the guinea pig.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2313-4

They have had that plastic and the complete set for Jackbot available for about 2 months now. I have both.

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

May even be cheeky enough to ask why he designed those drains to be so evil .. it must be on purpose, coz it surely can't be me

Well the game was designed to make money after all.

#2332 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

United States Space Robot (U.S.S.R.)

I like the looks of those 2 plastics on Pinbot, I wish they would have done the same thing on Jackbot.

4 weeks later
#2393 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

No. I'd prefer to make money for my efforts to support my pinball habit.

Rightly so.

1 week later
#2414 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Mine came Red and Blue and I un-did it. Went for Sunlight 2 SMD from Comet (in-between Natural and Warm white). The overall artwork come off way nicer imho.
I know I already posted but it cannot get better than this I think.

That looks perfect.

2 months later
#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Hey All,
Just throwing out a big thank you to freeplay40 for the beautiful pinbot ramp and chaskett for the high quality "ADV X" sticker. Definitely worth the investment!

I'd like one of those for my Jackbot. Is it the same?

3 weeks later
#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ramp update... I'm having a local sheet metal company make me a larger stainless steel vat so that I can dye the larger ramps. I've been wanting to try a multi-color ramp for some time so while I'm waiting for the new vat I decided to try it with Pinbot just for fun. Pinbot has a blue side and a red side theme to the playfield so I took a new ramp and dyed the left side blue and the right side red. I will likely offer this theme to the owner of the machine I have on loan (that I've had waaayyy too long!) if he wants it. Not sure if there would be any demand for it.
The blue on the left side demonstrates the color I will be using for the blue ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great Mark. I'd like one like that for my Jackbot. It doesn't have a flasher on the blue side so it looks like it would work perfect. You should post the ramp in the Jackbot club.

1 week later
#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Hey thanks for the heads up! I’m about to rebuild all my pops.

Give Zitt a shout he has colored transparent or clear bodies and skirts.

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Looks good, but why not do it 4 color? It would look way better with the grey, yellow and orange bands/outlines, and white stars on the black background, and the white stripes on the planet.

Not the effect he's looking for and registration of the colors might be a problem.

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Restore done! Removed mylar from playfield. Didn't do touch-ups, put on a playfield protector. Redid pops, flippers, etc. I have some used parts. If you are interested, send me an offer. A big thanks to grumpy for answer all of my questions during this rebuild!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done.

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Wow, that is one dirty start button. Looking good now!

It sure is, I've never seen one that bad.

2 weeks later
#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I would just clean that area up with water/vinegar.

Wouldn't the guy repairing it want it uncleaned to better see what needs repairing?

3 months later
#2950 5 years ago

and make sure you clean the underside of the inserts really good before screwing the bulb holders back in. I use Comet white clear dome 2 smd bulbs in all my games, after cleaning the facets of the inserts just sparkle.

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Just cut a new one out of Lexan. Use the old one as a guide, cut it with a router and a template bit.

and a oscillating drum sander works great for fine tuning the curves. You tape the old one on top of the new one that's been roughly cut out. then you get real close to the piece so you can see that your not taking any material off the old one. I did that when I made a new mini pf for my Jackbot. Turned out perfect.

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I thought about that, but I didn’t know where to buy lexan like that, or how to cut it cleanly.

Menards or Home Depot has lexan, just ask for it and I just used a jig saw to roughly cut within about 1/4 inch from the line drawn then taped the original on and then got real close so I could see that I wasn't hitting the original as I used the drum sander. Then I used 1000 sand paper to polish all the edges. It's real easy. This is the sander I bought on ebay, ebay.com link: WEN 6510T 3 5 Amp 1 2 HP Oscillating Spindle Sander Wood Working Bench Tool Works great.

2 weeks later
#3056 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

also noticed occasionally the ball hits something with the red spring and deflects before making it to the ramp.

Jackbot does the same thing.

2 weeks later
#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Here is a little break from the restore threads.....A music video where Pinbot is the star....

That was fun. Thanks.

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ok so the ball gate on my machine has a wireform gate and then there is a strip of metal that provides the spring to the wire gate. I can't seem to adjust the tension on this spring because it is riveted into the gate itself. Any ideas here? The ball is still getting significantly hung up going through that gate. This is the gate I am talking about:[quoted image]

Try raising it up with a couple washers on each screw.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.