20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I didn't inspect my visor plastic very closely. I'll have to check that one, as well. I'd hate to have to spend $150 for two plastics, but I may need to.

I am in the same boat. I guess I'm gonna have to pony up the cash though. Lol.

I'll do one better. I have a break right in the center of the clear plastic that covers the spiral ramp. I cannot find that one anywhere. It's not in the repro set

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

The clear plastic that covers the spiral ramp is easy to remake with some clear lexan and some water slide decals. As long as you have the metal brackets.

Yeah... I have no idea how to do that. Is there a thread showing how somewhere on here?

2 weeks later
#394 9 years ago

Alright I broke down and ordered a plastic set and a new spiral ramp from PPS. Does anyone have the clear plastic spiral ramp cover or the ability to make and sell me one? It is the only piece I still need.

#401 9 years ago

Every once in awhile I end up with a bad LED. It will cause a fuse to blow which will send out a section of the GI. Not really like what you have described though.

#411 9 years ago

I haven't taken mine apart yet. I just got my plastics and vortex the other day and have it in que for the summer. That ramp switch should unhook under the playfield though and pull through.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Von_Drehle:

Exactly my thoughts too. The backglass colour detail really looks fantastic doing it like that. I prefer highlighting and accenting colours on the backglass and playfield like you have done, as opposed to flooding entire areas (usually with GI) to the blue and red colour theme I see a lot on PinBot led conversions.. I think you loose too much of the colour detail of the playfield by flooding it in one colour only. But just my personal opinion of course

I think they look good both ways. The Blue/Red theme really accents the robot, which most would argue is the focal point of the game anyways. The way that the one above is done is also beautiful and really makes the game pop. It really is totally the opinion of the owner. IMO they both look better than dirty yellow so marked improvement. But once again it is really all totally the opinion of the owner.

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

if by accents you mean completely changes the colors.

And it has begun. Of course at the bottom I did mention that it was totally the opinion of the owner just so this statement wouldn't be made but whatever. Lol

1 month later
#528 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Funny, most competitive players never have an issue with the skill shot as they don't want to go into the pops so they soft plunge and dont even want the skillshot.

I also do not play competitively, I had never even thought about this. I try for the vortex and then attempt a catch with the left flipper upon exiting the pops. But I do from time to time get a stdm or far outlane so this makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tip

#552 9 years ago

I had to double check mine last night. I have no post where the hole in the plastic is. I do have the two sided tape still on the plastic but no bracket. I would say that when I tear it down this summer I will find it.

I also had to go check the vortex ramp that I have still wrapped in plastic from PPS. The ball gets stuck in it as well. 10 seconds with heat gun and all was well once again. Thanks for the tip on looking because I would have thrown it all together this summer, fired up the first game, got the ball stuck and then subsequently punch the glass, lol.

3 weeks later
#621 8 years ago
Quoted from Tanooki:

Hey just curious but what would I be looking at to get a new plastic piece, the cover that goes over the vortex with the rocket on it that has those 3 metal brackets. (Well new or used in good shape?)
I take it that is it one piece, brackets and all right? I've been watching ebay and stuff looking at parts and noticed that one oddly doesn't seem to show up like the others for the most part kind of like the two little side ships I know can be difficult too.

I have been looking for that piece for three years. Someone mentioned making one with Lexan and water slide decals but I am not too skilled in Lexan. I guess I'll keep waiting.

1 month later
#629 8 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I've made a crazy (read: totally not crazy) tentative decision to trade my MET Pro for a Pinbot and a Shadow. REALLY excited as I love me some Pinbot (and Shadow + a little cash). I do have a question, though.
You can see that the grid has bubbling mylar. How hard is this to remove? I was contemplating redoing it if it's not impossible.
Pinbot Grid.JPG

How does the playfield look under it. The mylar will come off with computer duster. It usually just separates from the glue and then you have to remove the glue with flour and alcohol but if the field is damaged or planked really badly it can do a little damage.

2 months later
#690 8 years ago
Quoted from bobbyt:

It is working at the moment , I am getting a loud hum from the speakers and was wondering if a new power supply would help with that? I am sure it would not hurt upgrading 30 year old boards

What kind of hum. Could be interference from the displays. Or could be bad caps depending on the hum.

1 month later
#725 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

You won't likely find them...out of stock

I checked that site all the time. Bought one and a set of plastics as soon as I saw them. Then got an offer I couldn't turn down on my pinbot. Still have all of the parts but I plan on buying another one someday so it's all good

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

It would be great if you would offer the ramp cover...

People say that it is easy to make with Lexan if you have the brackets. I just glued mine though.

1 month later
#766 8 years ago

I have a bunch of pinbot parts I might sell. I sold the game but was holding them for another one. I know I have a repro vortex and decals and a full plastic set. Also a set of decals for the drop targets as well as the grid replacement decal.

2 weeks later
#777 8 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I have a bunch of pinbot parts I might sell. I sold the game but was holding them for another one. I know I have a repro vortex and decals and a full plastic set. Also a set of decals for the drop targets as well as the grid replacement decal.

Just thought I'd mention that I sold all of these parts.

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Darn, I was just getting ready to PM you. I am kicking myself for not grabbing a set of plastics when they were available. I also missed out on a nice set of used ones earlier today.
I am offering $200 if anyone still has a set. I have an ad in the market.

You did miss out. I sold everything I had for $250. Lol. I was $250 short on buying a Seawitch. You gotta do what you gotta do you know

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Thanks again, btw. Muhaaaa...

Anytime. And my Seawitch sure appreciated the cash.

1 year later
#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey guys, just joined the club!
Mine has a black spiral, I'm guessing there's probably nothing unique about this, but I thought it was interesting.
My right sling plastic is broken, does anyone have a replacement they can sell me?

I'd say I have an extra. Let me look.

I also have a basically fully populated playfield that I am using for parts on my rebuild. If you need some odd things that you are having trouble finding I might be able to help you guys out. Just PM me what you might need. It had been robbed of some part before I picked it up but it still has a ton of stuff on it

#1788 6 years ago

Before and after! This thing plays super fast.

IMG_2171 (resized).JPGIMG_2171 (resized).JPG

IMG_2172 (resized).JPGIMG_2172 (resized).JPG

IMG_2310 (resized).JPGIMG_2310 (resized).JPG

#1789 6 years ago

Speaking of pinbot. I have an issue with the voice and sounds. The music is loud but the speech and sound effects are almost nonexistent. I adjusted the pot N the board to no avail. I have a new set of ROMs on order. Anyone have any other ideas

#1796 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

My first to do, would be to replace the capacitors on the soundcard, if they are original they are way way past expiration.
if you have any sound from the voices and sound effects, the roms are good, and the 6802 that controls sound is good, if sound is not adjusting and staying quiet, but you can still make out that the game is processing sound, then look at replacing the volume pot or caps.

I re capped the sound board and the sound portion of the main board already. I didn't replace the pot because I didn't have one on hand. I'll have to pick one up.

Any other options beyond caps and pot.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Is this because you installed a RD CPU?

No it has all stock boards

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Maybe check for cold solder joints on the soundboard pins, repin the connector

I will double check the solder joints and the connectors on the soundboard tomorrow. Thanks

#1801 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Then 1 or 2 op amps have failed. It will helpful if you have a O scope for testing.

I don't have a scope are the amps hard to come by?

#1804 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I'm not suggesting that you just replace them with out some testing first. The shotgun approach is not recommended.

I understand that. I know shot gunning parts can be costly and lead to other issues. I was just curious if it were a part that would be worth just replacing anyway. I am proficient at board work and they are 10 cents a piece. I need to just buy a scope as many machines as I work on. So do you have a recommendation on an affordable oscilloscope

#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

What ROM images are you using? If you have the latest version off the IPDB or just about any site then you will have missing sound or speech since one of the ROM images is corrupt. The separate image to fix that bad chip is on the IPDB site. I have an old thread that talked about the issue.

It is running Prototype 4 ROMS. I ordered a set of sound and speech just in case.

1 week later
#1822 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for the reply (and also to the others) but can you please explain how you know the factory default is 3 ball? I have searched online and can't find any evidence of a default number of balls being mentioned. I don't doubt that you are correct, but it would be nice to have more info to pass on to my friend other than Henry on pinside said it was 3

Isn't there a "restore factory settings" option at the end of the options menu? If not just pull the batteries out and it will reset to factory settings. I don't think I've had a game that was set to 5 ball from the factory.

4 weeks later
#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Hey guys. I'm picking up a pinbot today and looking forward to fixing it up. Does anyone have a link to a thread or website where someone documented repairing the grid area with a decal? I've searched and searched and can't find anything. I've read vids guide for water slide decals but I'm trying to determine whether I need to clear the playfield before applying the decal. Thanks

I put that decal on using the wet method. Went on perfectly. Just research the wet method for decals. I used soapy water and not windex. I didn’t clear coat

B15AFAE6-FE93-4C52-9E71-30A8CE3D7165 (resized).jpegB15AFAE6-FE93-4C52-9E71-30A8CE3D7165 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#1912 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You guys could always make your own for about $5 for both buttons. Just sayin.

And probably power off the coin door lights without having to run a line to the backbox

1 week later
#1921 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I basically came up with my own concept art, using clues dropped by Python (PinBot's Taxi cameo, primarily) to figure out what PinBot's "base" might have looked like, to fill the blank space in the panel (like I did with my Shuttle panel on the left). Going a step further, I slipped some colored paper behind the W's to keep that motif going as well.
Right now there is one panel available. I'm waiting on confirmation on another, if that falls through there will be a second available.

That looks very nice

2 weeks later
#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I recently ordered a new face plastic from MAD Amusements: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1971
I'm happy with the quality of it. Of course, it is MAD Amusements, so read up on their lack of international customer service (I ordered from EBay and didn't realize it was MAD).

Ehhhhh I would order from mad amusements within the US without any worry. I have never had a problem with him. I hear bad things about the international shipping and customer service but I and several others I know have had great success ordering from mad

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I think these are a good choice for the 1251.
https://cointaker.com/products/1251

While I agree with you. He is trying to avoid paying the $30 intl shipping rate from cointaker

4 weeks later
#2002 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I wish it was paper, its actually several years worth of plastic stickers stacked on top of each other.
The bottom one has a 1987 date and it is practically melted to the original decal.
I do not see these coming off without damage.

If they are plastic can you freeze them with canned air? If it’s going to damage it anyway it’s worth a shot right

#2008 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Topper flashers question: when I put in the middle four flashers, they stay on continuously. Put the incandescent back in, and they work properly. Any ideas why? The outer two on each side work perfect with all LED flashers.
I switched around different flasher and same issues no matter what I put in

If you have LED flashers you will have to remove the 330 (I believe it is 330 lol) resistor from the resistor boards. The topper one is in the backbox right in the center. Four long cement resistors. I remove one leg of each of the outside ones I believe it was. Look up LED flashers and pinbot and there will be threads on how to do it

3 weeks later
#2191 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

You'll still need to use flour and alcohol to remove the glue after you froze and pulled off the mylar. It's a 2 steps process.

I believe he was referring to the orange 909 as opposed to the flour and alcohol. I had to read it twice lol

I always use flour and goo gone. Honestly I think every playfield is a little different. My pinbot glue came off in less than an hour. High speed?? Took me three days to get it all off. Same method

11 months later
#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Here are leftovers from my restoration, does anyone need any of these?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent. I need basically everyone of those. Lol. My Pinbot is going to be a player at best once I drop a ton of man hours into it and I really don’t want to buy a brand new full set for it.

#3156 5 years ago

Can someone help me out and post a picture of the 89 flasher socket set up and wiring in the topper?

I have the topper but someone removed all the sockets and wiring from it. I have tons of sockets so I should be able to recreate it if one of you fine gents would do me a favor and snap me a picture. I’d greatly appreciate it.

#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

I can post it later today. I have my machine in the middle of a playfield swap and my topper is off. Give me a few hours and I can help you out if no one beats me to it

Awesome. I really appreciate it. This thing had two 40w incandescent light bulbs under the topper hacked directly into the power cord when I got it. I love pinbots light show and the topper is so integral in that.

#3160 5 years ago

I’d say he was looking for the rottendog cause they are cheaper. Unfortunately RD doesn’t make a display for Pinbot. My Pinbot had a couple digits out and the first thing I checked was to see how much a replacement was lol.

#3162 5 years ago

This set up was really cute don’t you think. Lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3166 5 years ago

It’s not beautiful to look at. I didn’t have 8 sockets the same height so I staggered 4 of each. It works though so that is all that matters. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3193 5 years ago

It has begun! Lol.

E71C3766-6E31-4963-A6E6-63D53C1B5345 (resized).jpegE71C3766-6E31-4963-A6E6-63D53C1B5345 (resized).jpegF76F52B7-E0B9-4B4B-B375-615F7F025F6F (resized).jpegF76F52B7-E0B9-4B4B-B375-615F7F025F6F (resized).jpeg
#3194 5 years ago

I’m taking an obvious long shot as I doubt anyone has one but I need the long blue plastic around the eject hole. To be honest I’d even be interested in a broken one that was better than this one. Just let me know if you have something and we can work it out. Thanks

631BE867-B48F-4A4C-AF05-BD3D1C73EDB5 (resized).jpeg631BE867-B48F-4A4C-AF05-BD3D1C73EDB5 (resized).jpeg
#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

You can buy the one for the jack-bot with a little modification it will work! Did it on mine.

I thought the artwork was different. I had a jackbot once but didn’t keep it long. I’ll look into it thanks.

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

CPR does sell the plastic set for PinBot. It is the whole set, so a little pricey.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/pinbot-4/

This game is never going to be more than a player honestly and I really don’t want to go upside down on the cost. I only have the one broken plastic though and I hate to buy a whole set for the one piece. I have bought that set though for another Pinbot that I redid years ago and was pleased with it.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

I have the exact same problem, I just need this piece. I’ve found it for sale here:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8963/plastic-9-for-pin-bot
Though it’s a German company and they don’t ship directly to the US. However there are companies that will forward packages so I’ve been considering it. Unfortunately that makes it rather pricey, something like $50USD, so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

That is an insane amount for shipping. I believe if it was going to cost me that much I’d spend the $150 on the new set. If my playfield was nicer I’d buy the new set anyway.

I sent PantherCityPins a PM about his piece. It will finish mine up nice enough to make a solid players machine

4 weeks later
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from doublerunner:

Hi. I came into a pinbot by accident.. I was looking to buy a NO Fear and a Cyclone. Upon arriving at the sellers house, he had 5 pinball machines and he could not get the Cyclone to work properly. The pinbot caught my eye and we made a deal. That was 2 months ago and I absolutely love this machine. We play this all the time and very rarely use the No Fear game
I do have a question and I apologize if this has been covered before. At startup it displays that I need to adjust the left and right outlanes, #12 and 15. What happens is, when the extra ball is lit up in these outlanes, it does not register if the ball goes out there. I have had the cabinet open and looked at the areas and everything appears complete and normal, but I can not get them to work properly
Any suggestions?

Underneath the playfield where those two switches are you’ll see the leaf switch. There are two contacts on it and they probably need cleaned. Sometimes just alcohol on a q tip will do it. Sometimes I touch it with an Emory board a bit.

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I want to take a minute to say f*ck this POS vortex ramp and the horse it road in on!!! I just spent 3 hours trying to line it up. I moved the ramp, I moved the shooter, I shimmed the shooter, I took off rubbers, I put on smaller rubbers, I changed shooter springs to every color they make! It is impossible! I am so pissed off! There has to be a way to fix this. Were these just garbage coming from the factory?

I am not insinuating you haven’t done this but try adjusting the level of the machine. Sometimes if you adjust the level just a little bit it will make it hit smoothly. I’ve had a ton of pins like that. Demo man and fish tales were the worst but my first Pinbot was a pain to get level

#3372 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I believe it is perfectly level. I’ve leveled everything from the playfield to the cabinet. Hell I even started checking the back box.

I assumed you had it perfectly level. I’m saying that sometimes they work better when the level is just a tad off. Seems like you’ve tried everything else to no avail. May as well give it a shot. I’ve had three different pinbots and they all played a bit different.

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Looking for anyone who might have an extra face plastic under the visor or know where to find one.[quoted image]

They are available on eBay. Or were last week. Probably classic arcades but better than nothing.

#3409 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My recommendation for the 3 machine series is, if you need 1 pin from the series, get a Jackbot. Way deeper than the other two. Shoots better than Bride.

Everybody is a little different. I have owned all three and I rank them in the exact opposite order. I think Pinbot is timeless classic. The bride is a beautiful game but super easy and the billion point shot is just ehhh.... I hated jackbot. It played just fine but the theme was not my cup of tea. but that’s just me and what the heck do I know lol

1 week later
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is factory tilt? The bob not attached? That is how it comes.

I set all of mine at factory tilt then . 3 ball, super steep, everything rebuilt and snappy...the first two Pinbots I had I played without the center post but I’m keeping it in this one. I must suck at pinball cause I have never turned it over

1 week later
#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I use this. It wipes off very clean, does not dry off like other was I used and smells delicious![quoted image]

I also use that kind but in the paste form and not the liquid.... and I too love the smell lol. That’s funny you said that.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Small sample size I know, but mine has one that looks factory as can be...as did the previous one I owned, and one I picked up for a friend.
The manual doesn't mention anything about it during game assembly but it could be a simple omission since the hinged backbox and latch were relatively new things to Williams pinball machines.
Richard

That is interesting. I have owned 3 Pinbots and none of them have had the latch. They were all fairly early production so maybe the later production ones may have had a latch?

1 week later
#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well, Q73 was the culprit! Now she is fully functional and my 5yr old loves it! Thanks for the help everyone!!
[quoted image]

It looks nice!!! Good work!

I could be wrong but it appears that all your LED flashers are locked on. There is a way to get them to act normally, if this is in fact the case, by removing the grounds from the resistor boards.

1 week later
#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from DesertPinGuy:

The color inserts on the pinbot 5x5 grid are so nice you can't go wrong with doing all white leds.

I added color to each of the three Pinbot machines I have owned. I use white led for the yellow and color match the rest. For me, the real deciding factor is the amount of fade to the blue inserts. It seems like a lot of the blue inserts on pinbots I’ve had were washed out or faded. The color led really made them pop again. But with perfect inserts, I do not disagree with your opinion that all white led will be nice.

2 weeks later
#3630 4 years ago

I’m struggling trying to save my Pinbot. Any help would be much appreciated. Here is the link. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-solenoid-issues-the-game-is-going-crazy-and-so-am-i-lol#post-4986931

#3658 4 years ago

Are you saying you are running a Rottendog replacement system 11 board and having problems with that? I thought those weren't recommended for Pinbot. Or, do you have a real Williams board and an aftermarket power board?
If you are having problems with a Rottendog MPU then best to contact them.

Why are rottendog boards not suggested for Pinbot? I’m just curious. Is that the old 11 or the new 9-11 or is it just for both? I know there are sound issues with some of the boards but I had not heard they didn’t work with a specific game

#3660 4 years ago

There were sound issues that I heard about and there may have been other issues as well. At one point when I was looking for a replacement I looked at them and was told they didn't recommend it for Pinbot. That was a couple years ago so perhaps they have changed their stance on that.
Luckily I was able to find an original board for mine without battery damage that I was able to rebuild. If original boards are available I'd prefer to rebuild those vs installing any after market board unless I can't avoid it.

I see what you’re saying. Replacement boards aren’t always the best choice. I haven’t heard them say that the new 9-11 board was not suitable for Pinbot. I hadn’t heard that about the older version either. I was well aware of the sound issues though. Of course an original board is always preferred. A ton of those 11 boards are completely destroyed. I have had a few that the battery damage had covered close to half the board

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My biggest advise to newly infected pinball zombies from space... now there's a title for ya, is to learn to do your own board repair, basic soldering, replacing transistors, resistors, diodes, IC’s and capacitors, learn how to use a meter to check for shorts and grounds and diodes, how to use heat shrink the right way (put it on BEFORE you solder...), how to troubleshoot a simple electronic circuit using half splitting and simple continuity checks, how to read a schematic, how to manufacture simple brackets and mounts, how to re-rubber , relamp, and wax a playfield, how to rebuild flipper mechs, how to read resistor markings, how to troubleshoot lamp and switch matrices. How to sand, buff, polish, flame polish, chem polish, sand blast, wire wheel, grind, hammer, screw, unscrew, bend, twist, cuss, and spit. That and how to tear a machine down, move it, and set it up again, level it and make sure it is working, use the service menu, make adjustments to game parameters, clear audits, factory reset, change the custom message, set it on free play, how and when to change batteries, how to open the lock bar, how to turn a machine on and off (Gottlieb tap anyone?), how to raise the playfield (please pull the shooter back), how to remove the backglass (where the fuck are the backbox keys? Bueller?), how to clean and clear coin mechs, what that handy tray full of dead rubber, burnt out lamps, and fried coils really is (the coin box you dolt!), how to remove a top hat insert, re-level it, and redecal it, how to remove mylar glue quickly and safely, how to touch up your fuckups from slipped screwdrivers and dropped tools on the playfield. Did I miss any? Edit- yes I forgot applying decals to cabinets/backbox and sourcing replacement parts, and how to adjust all switches- EOS, jets, slings, flippers, rollovers, drop targets, standups, limit, and spinners.

You are so right. I always try to fix my own boards. I actually enjoy the work and have repaired a ton of them (most with the help of several here on pinside). There is always someone who enters a repair/tech thread I start and suggests sending the board off for repair. I always appreciate the insight from anyone but honestly if I wanted to send it off I’d have done so already and wouldn’t have a tech thread going. On top of the enjoyment of working on the board and the personal satisfaction I gain from the accomplishment of fixing it, I learn something new with each repair thread. Maybe it’s just me. As for the rest of the post, I tear machines to nothing and go through every part on them. I am on ultrasonic cleaner number 3 at the moment. I may have more fun refurbishing a Machine than playing it at this point in the hobby. Seeing it play as it did when new is a treat for me. All the things you mentioned that need to be learned I also consider essential

1 month later
#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

but in todays market, a $1000 pinbot that is in reasonable shape is a decent purchase, if it is mostly complete.

I’m not sure you can get a reasonably shaped nonworking Pinbot in today’s market for that. There are a ton of them that is for sure but I don’t see them that low anymore.

1 month later
#3716 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue with the PinBot visor plastic hitting the rubber rings from inside of the eye sockets? This is an old picture, but basically I have new silicone runners on there and they stop it from closing all of the way.
It doesn’t seem like there is enough space to bend the plastic, it is a super tight fit. All I could think would be to attempt to sheer off some of the rubber.[quoted image]

I had that same issue with mine. The edges of the visor plastic was warped a little. I just ended up removing the rubber from those two posts. Not a perfect fix but it works

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thanks for the reply. That kind of sucks. Maybe they weren’t designed to have rubbers on them?

My other two both had rubber with no problem. The edges of the visor plastic curve in ever so slightly on this one which causes it to rub. I just didn’t want to fool with trying to heat it and bend it so I took the simplest fix and just removed those rubbers

1 month later
#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It seems to me, it kind of depends on how much time you have to knock down the 3 drops. Isn‘t the default around 15 seconds ? At that I‘ve gotten there maybe twice. When I first got the game, it was shorter and completely impossible to get more than a few planets.
Anybody know what qualifies the target on the right side of the playfield which spots a planet?

If i hit it just right on mine I can almost sweep the drops. It’s never a clean sweep like on whirlwind but it’s drops them all nonetheless. I’ve had Pinbot in my collection for about 6 years total (three different machine over the course of a long time) and I’ve made it to the sun probably seven or eight times. I have never made the million point plunge with the game set up correctly. My first Pinbot had broken vortex ramp and a spring that was way too strong. At full plunge it would hit the glass and go in the 100000 hole everytime. That being said, I don’t count that one. Once I changed it I never hit that shot again lol. Of course I suck at pinball so that might be part of the reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.