20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#73 10 years ago

Years ago I had a similar problem with my Cyclone which was my first pin and my first flipper rebuild. The cause was a misadjusted EOS switch. I adjusted EOS switch so the coil received full power for a shorter length of time. That fixed the problem.

My Pin*bot is setup such that only clean, well-aimed shots make it all the way around the ramp. There’s not a whole lot of velocity by the time the ball reaches the top and sloppy shots won’t make it. I like this setup. It emphasizes skill and doesn’t beat up on the parts.

4 months later
#137 10 years ago

Random ebay listing...

ebay.com link: itm

Is this the precursor to Pinbot's skillshot?

1 year later
#870 8 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

Does anyone have a pic or can someone tell me what hardware is used to fasten the top red plastic (with the flasher cap) in this pic? Specifically there is a large opening (upper left hand corner) that is way bigger than a screw head.
On my game, there is a white plastic post beneath. A long screw goes through it but I have a clear washer on top to secure this plastic. Just wondering what the original hardware was.
Thanks.

On my game that hole corresponds with the left hole on the shooter lane one-way gate. The plastic is under the one-way gate so the one-way gate acts as the "washer". Also, my game has a metal post, not plastic.

9 months later
#1217 7 years ago

I had an original set of decals which I loaded to Planetary Pinball for scanning. Don't know if they ever followed through with it, but I assume the potential is there. I also loaded them a set of Bad Cats decals which I believe they did eventually produce.

decal-02 (resized).jpgdecal-02 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1349 7 years ago

I have no idea how to get a decent picture of a backglass. But I tried to do some comparing between my old translite and the CPR backglass... What's gray on my translite (top pic) is blue on the backglass (bottom pic). What's red on my translite is more orange on the backglass. There's little difference between red and orange on the backglass. What's red looks orange. What's orange looks orange/yellow. The mirroring is neat, but there's not much of it. The backglass might be a consideration for someone with a translite in poor condition. My translite was decent. If I had to buy the backglass again... well... I might not.

backglass-01 (resized).jpgbackglass-01 (resized).jpg

backglass-02 (resized).jpgbackglass-02 (resized).jpg

Big side-by-side comparison...

backglass-03 (resized).jpgbackglass-03 (resized).jpg

#1355 7 years ago

As I alluded to in my previous post, I think it's all relative. Some people weren't happy with CPR's Elvira backglass. I was happy since my Elvira translite was poor. In this case the backglass was very much an improvement although not exactly colored like the original translite. Many years ago I bought a Cyclone Backglass (not CPR). I held it up to my translite, couldn't tell the difference and ended up just hanging the glass on the wall. So I guess my advice would be to not just buy a backglass for the sake of buying a backglass. First evaluate what you already have.

2 months later
#1440 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Can anyone confirm if you are supposed to be able to backhand the ramp from the left flipper?

I would have said no, but I just went and did it (barely). Seems like a really tight shot though. I don't think I'm good enough to make it with any consistency.

3 weeks later
#1476 7 years ago

Mine has a little metal post. I don't recall that the ball has ever been stuck.

0090 (resized).jpg0090 (resized).jpg

#1477 7 years ago

Wait, never mind. That's a really old pic. Looks like I moved the post at some point. Here's how it looks now. The ball can get stuck, but again, I don't remember that is ever has.

DSCN9289[1] (resized).JPGDSCN9289[1] (resized).JPG

EDIT: My setup looks correct compared to the game flyer. Interesting...

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1796&picno=4530&zoom=1

8 months later
#1930 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Can anyone comment on the CPR mirrored backglasses for Pinbot? Are they good? Recommended upgrade?

Click...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/27#post-3493647

3 months later
#2343 6 years ago

My game has one ring around two posts. From least rare to most rare my balls go...

to the jet bumpers

to the inlane

to the shooter lane

directly to the playfield

0020 (resized).jpg0020 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2497 5 years ago

I splice in a couple of fuses and keep everything else as is...

fuses-01 (resized).jpgfuses-01 (resized).jpg

fuse-02 (resized).jpgfuse-02 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#3318 5 years ago

Adding fuses is cheap and easy and keeps the backbox looking a bit more original. Replacing discrete rectifiers and capacitors is also cheap and easy. IMO it's satisfying to keep these games running on their original circuit configurations.

fuses-01 (resized).jpgfuses-01 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3384 5 years ago

My vortex works well, but in 12 years I have never made the million point shot.
I set it up once and missed the final plunge.

#3403 5 years ago

I just had this problem myself. In my case the issue was a too-short coil sleeve (from a previous owner). A longer sleeve keeps the plunger straighter for less friction. Check the manual, it's something like over 2 inches long.

100 (resized).jpg100 (resized).jpg

#3431 5 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

FYI
I did a quick write up on removing the visor/motor on a Pin*bot. It's here if anyone needs the help:
https://troxelrepair.com/2019/03/visor/

Thanks for the pictures. I just started taking my playfield apart for a cleaning.

1 week later
#3463 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

What size rubber are you guys using here? This is actually a question for a Jackbot, whose manual specifies a 1" rubber, the posts are the same as Pinbot and a 1" is way too tight. The Pinbot manual has a rubber list but there's no "map" to where they're used, the only comparable sizes mentioned are 1¼" and 1½", so it's got to be one of those. The one on my Pinbot is an "ABC" brand, which doesn't show a size on it, plus it's all stretched out and dried up.
[quoted image]

1 1/4"

I'm not saying that's the correct answer. It's what was on my game and it worked. I'm currently cleaning a Pin*bot and I'm filling in the "map" as I go. I'll post my full results when I'm done.

2 weeks later
#3512 5 years ago

The game manual didn't show locations for the rubber parts as most manuals do. Shown below is what I came up with. I'm not saying this is correct, but it's what was on my game and it seems to work. Note the 1" ring below the center jet bumper and the 4" ring to the right on the jet bumpers. Theses rings don't have a letter designation and were not in the ring kit I bought.

rubberpartsbig (resized).jpgrubberpartsbig (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3685 4 years ago

I've had my Pin*bot since 2006. It was clean and working to start with and I never had a need to do much to it. But I recently shopped the game and my notes can be seen at...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/pinbot/repair/repair.html

004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg

shop-22 (resized).jpgshop-22 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3730 4 years ago

Having recently shopped my Pin*bot, I used some of the old parts to make a 3D wall sculpture...

2019-08-14-04 (2) (resized).JPG2019-08-14-04 (2) (resized).JPG

2019-08-14-05 (2) (resized).JPG2019-08-14-05 (2) (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#3752 4 years ago

I've had my Pin*bot for more than ten years and have made it to the sun a few times. I'm thinking that the million point shot is the bigger challenge. I set it up only once and then pooched the final plunge.

3 weeks later
3 months later
#4023 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Would it be better to buy a ruined playfield and sell this one to someone who would like to restore it?

Yes. Once the playfield's originality is destroyed, it's gone forever. Don't kill the patient just so you can say you revived it.

2 years later
#5504 1 year ago

I haven't tried this on all my system 11 games, but I believe you don't have to hit the start button after selecting your third initial. That way you get your initials and still enjoy the full sound/light show.

3 weeks later
#5563 1 year ago

It's a one way gate so the ball doesn't skip backwards over the hole.

#5566 1 year ago

Here's mine. Looks like you still have all the curves so you could use your old one as a pattern.

shop-07 (resized).jpgshop-07 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffzee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=jeffzee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.