20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#967 7 years ago

Had the same problem, reflowing all the head pins on the MPU fix mine, but I couldn't tell you which one exactly.

2 weeks later
#990 7 years ago

Anybody ever order red and blue bands for their pinbot? I was wanting to do this for my pinbot, but I can't seem to find anybody that has a set of red and blue bands! Ideas?

#999 7 years ago

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but I have a adjust left lane switch 10 on my pinbot. I am new to system 11, but on my system 7 Laser Cue the lane change is a leaf switch on the flipper leaf switch! This is not the case on the pin pinbot. Where is this damn switch????
1st response gets to be post 1000!!!

#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

It's on the flipper mech.

Thank you! Found the problem, diode broke off on one leg!

2 months later
#1067 7 years ago

Do any of you pinbot owners know if and where I can get red and blue rubber rings for my pinbot? I know about Titan pinball's silicone rings and they do make a kit like I am looking for, but I am not wanting to spend 280.00 plus dollars on rings, I am sure they are great and all, just not what I am wanting spend! Regular old rubber rings in red and blue is what I am looking for!

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There are no such thing as colored "regular old" rings, those regular old polyester rings only come in white and black. And you're looking at something all wrong, there's no way in hell a set of Titans for your machine will cost nowhere near even HALF of $280!! I did my whole machine using my own custom setup (including the red/blue) and I think I spent like $60-$70, and I always order 1 or 2 extra of every size!!
Make a list of what you need, fill your cart on Titan and see what you end up with, forget their "kits" section.
FYI, I just went to Titan and dumped the first Pinbot kit I saw into my cart, the total was $56.62... I dunno what the hell you were lookin at!

I apologize for my ignorance on the standard rings, I was unaware that black and white were the only colors available! Also for the mistake about the titan rings, I just rechecked the website and you are right 56.62! I don't know what happen the first time I looked, but the price listed in my cart was 283.56! I must have clicked something, (i hate this new laptop) !

#1072 7 years ago

I am betting enough kits for several pinbots!!! lol

#1074 7 years ago

Always good to have a few spare sets around!

#1085 7 years ago

Since we are talking red and blue leds and pinbot, here is mine...

IMAG0048 (resized).jpgIMAG0048 (resized).jpg

IMAG0041 (resized).jpgIMAG0041 (resized).jpg

#1087 7 years ago

Thank you! I have not done the LEDs in the chest plate yet, but planning on it soon! My skill shot is about 50-50, sometimes I plunge it all the way to the top and sometimes I can't even make it up the ramp! I can make the shot, just not every time!

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I don't believe the game is actually supplying 28v to those 1251 bulbs, my understanding is that Williams used a higher voltage bulb to reduce the brightness. When I got my machine, it had 89 incandescent's in it and they worked fine. most operators had no idea those bulbs were 1251's, they look exactly the same. I'm using Comet Red & Blue 89 8-SMD LED flashers in all those spots and they work just fine too, no modifications, nothing is burning, and they look badass alternating red-blue when the visor opens!!

That is a badass idea using red and blue LEDs in the visor! I love it!!!

#1126 7 years ago

Mine had 89's in the eye's when I got it, but they kept burning out really quick! Switched to 1251 and no problems! I am thinking the incandescent 89's could not handle the voltage, but obviously the 1251's are made for the 28 volts. Now as far a LEDs go, I have no idea how voltage affects them, I have looked for 1251 LEDs and have not been able to find any, so assuming voltage does not affect LEDs the way it affects incandescent , using 89 LEDs in place should work!

Anybody, feel free to correct me if I am wrong in my thinking.

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

Cointaker makes 28V LEDs to replace the 1251's. I have them and they work great.

I always forget about cointaker, are they plug and play or require a mod?

8 months later
#1575 6 years ago

Did mine about a year ago.

IMAG0037 (resized).jpgIMAG0037 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1731 6 years ago

Anybody that has replaced their plastics happen to have this one they would be willing to sell me?

IMAG0316 (resized).jpgIMAG0316 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1820 6 years ago

Factory default is 3 ball, I have mine set to factory default other then free play.

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Isn't there a "restore factory settings" option at the end of the options menu? If not just pull the batteries out and it will reset to factory settings. I don't think I've had a game that was set to 5 ball from the factory.

^^^ exactly^^^ restore to factory settings is the options menu. Number of balls is also in the options menu, number of credits per game, amount of time it takes drop targets to reset, there are a lot of different setting to explore! You can also put a custom message on your displays!

#1826 6 years ago

Not on mine.

IMAG0364 (resized).jpgIMAG0364 (resized).jpg

IMAG0363 (resized).jpgIMAG0363 (resized).jpg

IMAG0365 (resized).jpgIMAG0365 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1896 6 years ago

I wounder if they do a red/ blue combo for Pinbot? If they do I might have to get this!!

#1908 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I will go in on a red and blue set with you...

What are you thinking? One of us buy a red kit and one buy a blue kit and ship each other red and blue to make up the kit?

Quoted from calico1997:

If you ask Pinball Life, they can get you a special order red-blue set. But there will be a week or two lead time.

This would save the cost of shipping to each other!

1 week later
#1919 6 years ago

I emailed Terry @ pinball life and he said it was no problem making a red and blue kit. He actually emailed a few day later and said he had my kit ready, so I pulled the trigger on it! Very happy with the results! As far as buy a red kit and a blue kit to make your own, it's doable but you would have to unsolder and resolder one of the LEDs and I was trying to avoid soldering and cutting of wires! Very quick and clean installation! Love it!

IMAG0441 (resized).jpgIMAG0441 (resized).jpg

IMAG0440 (resized).jpgIMAG0440 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2105 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'm pretty sure Pinbot is supposed to use the blue spring, part #10-148-3. IIRC the red spring is the strongest one, maybe that's how your ramp got broken.

I believe you are right.

#2113 6 years ago

Anybody ever have trouble with the ball ejecting into the shooter lane? Mine will keep kicking it out and it will got right back in, sometimes repeating this process 6 or more times before it will finally roll down to the shooter rod tip. Got a video, not sure how to post it,

#2125 6 years ago

ChrisPINk25 Thanks for the info, what metal are you referring to?

#2127 6 years ago

ChrisPINk25 Pretty sure that nail is not factory! I can't believe I never noticed that before! But this is the first time I have had the apron off. Bent the metal in a little seems to have cured the problem. Thanks for your help!!!

IMAG0550 (resized).jpgIMAG0550 (resized).jpg
IMAG0549 (resized).jpgIMAG0549 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#2237 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Did I read correctly that the blue shooter spring is
reccomended for pinbot? I put one in and the ball barley makes it to 5k.

Yes blue spring is correct, did you replace the sleeve? With a stronger spring you risk breaking the vortex.

#2253 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Thanks. I did not replace the sleeve. I'll do that.Should that give the spring a bit more power? The Vortex is already broken but I have a new one for when I swap the playfield. I don't want to bust that one.

It will help the shooter rod slide better.

1 month later
#2383 6 years ago

Looks like it cleaned up real nice!

2 weeks later
#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Last night I broke a screw into the post in the picture. I should have sprayed it.
I don't see any in stock anywhere. Do you think I can drill it out?

If I remember correctly there is a tee nut that the post screws into, you can replace the tee nut from the underside of the playfield. I am pretty sure that is the way mine was setup, I had the same broken post when I got mine. I am at work so I can't check.

Edit: I just noticed your blue arrow pointing to the post, I thought you were talking about the one missing by the visor.

3 months later
#2571 5 years ago

Got mine set to factory defaults. But now I am curious what others are doing too!

#2575 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Of course you have to set the planet to URANUS so the score reads "REACH URANUS FOR SPECIAL" because its too damn funny.

I can't believe I never thought of this!!! I will have to change that!

3 weeks later
#2680 5 years ago

Less then 500.00 is a steal!!!!!

3 months later
#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I just discovered that Pinbot has tones for coining up - I've always had it set for free play, so I never heard them. Granddaughter put a quarter in, and it made noise, so we kept pumping quarters in just hear the sounds. Cool!

Now I have to go home and try this!

1 month later
#3083 5 years ago

Judging by the warranty stickers they are original, I would say it's your high voltage on your power supply. I am no expert by any means! I am sure somebody that knows about this will chime in shortly!

2 weeks later
#3195 5 years ago

I’m taking an obvious long shot as I doubt anyone has one but I need the long blue plastic around the eject hole. To be honest I’d even be interested in a broken one that was better than this one. Just let me know if you have something and we can work it out. Thanks
[quoted image]

You can buy the one for the jack-bot with a little modification it will work! Did it on mine.

#3198 5 years ago

I thought the artwork was different. I had a jackbot once but didn’t keep it long. I’ll look into it thanks.

I have LED's installed, I don't think you notice the difference when it's powered on.

IMAG0366 (resized).jpgIMAG0366 (resized).jpgIMAG0367 (resized).jpgIMAG0367 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3250 5 years ago

How about VERY carefully heating the acrylic and bending it up a 1/16 to a 1/8 of a inch?

#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, you could pull it out of the machine and heat it very patiently and just give it a slight upward bend.

Great minds think alike!

6 months later
#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Q: do you guys have it get in a perpetual, back and forth, at times on the top pop bumper against the rubber to the left? It starts and I nudge it so it comes out to not cause damage.

I didn't notice mine doing this until I put the Titan silicone rings on it.

2 months later
#3898 4 years ago

Have you tried re-seating the ribbon cable on that display? Mine was acting up the other and doing that corrected the problem.

1 month later
#3999 4 years ago

I used one for a jack-bot, had to do a little modification to make it work.

10 months later
#4429 3 years ago

Drop a ball in the shooter and and see if the game plays.

#4433 3 years ago

Remove your back glass and check the fuse on the power supply.

20201123_175425 (resized).jpg20201123_175425 (resized).jpg20201123_175434 (resized).jpg20201123_175434 (resized).jpg
#4451 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Where did you find this fuse?
From the picture it is hard to tell (for me) where it is located.
If I know where, I can add it to my Tech Chart for Pin•Bot.
Peter

Judging from that picture, I would say it is under the play field by the visor motor. I can double check tonight and report back.

#4453 3 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Judging from that picture, I would say it is under the play field by the visor motor. I can double check tonight and report back.

Yep, here are pictures of location.

20201125_183845 (resized).jpg20201125_183845 (resized).jpg20201125_183851 (resized).jpg20201125_183851 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4542 3 years ago

Was just playing a game and noticed that my drop targets when all dropped do not advance the planets. Anybody ever experience problem.
Drop targets all seem to work fine, just don't register that all 3 have dropped to advance the planets.

Thanks in advance!

#4543 3 years ago

Crisis adverted, found a diode had broke off, couldn't tell it was broke off by looking had to get in there and poke and prod around!

1 week later
#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looking for some displays for my Pinbot if you have any older ones laying around let me know.. Thanks!

Which ones are you needing?

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

All of them, what do you have?

It's been a while, but if I remember right my player 2 and player 3 didn't work, but the others did.

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

PM me if you have some for sale.. Thanks!

I will dig them out and let you know!

3 months later
#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I am not sure what you mean by the upper left plastic? Do you mean the "U" one that surrounds the kick out?
///Rich

Bought one for a Jackbot,can barely tell the difference. There is some slight modification that needs to be done.

4 months later
#4930 2 years ago
Quoted from JCO25:

Aniraf Thanks for that. Will look at after dinner.
Also, is that what the message "Give Me Sight, Lock My Eyes" mean? It has said that a few times.

When the visor is up you shot a pinball into each eye socket, which will trigger the release of both ball for a shot at the bonus.
Here is a video showing the game play I found.

#4937 2 years ago
Quoted from JCO25:

henrydwh
Understood. My problem is that when I booted up the game, the visor was already open and the game won't even start, even after I loaded the two balls.
The visor just doesn't close all the way. What could I do to fix this? Anything else that could cause the game to not start up?

My apologies, I thought you were asking about game play.

Quoted from FLASHBALL:

If the visor motor switches don't register showing the visor up and visor down the game will not start. Something is likely wrong with one or both of these switches.
Go into switch test and try to toggle both of the visor motor switches by hand and make sure they are working properly.

Yes, when you first power on the game the visor needs to complete an open and close cycle.

2 months later
#5109 2 years ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Love my PinBot and did the red/blue theme with the LEDs. So far it has been running great but today I turned it on and got the Switch 40 error. I lifted it up and looked around the ramp solenoid. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. Everything moves okay. What should I be looking for? The switch 40 is the micro switch behind the fixture that the ramp’s crossbar pushes when the ramp is up.

PinBot and I assume other system 11 games throw up switch errors if that switch has not been activated in a while. Might try hitting the switch manually and see if it clears.

1 month later
#5149 2 years ago

Quick question, had my game on last night during the Super Bowl and out of the blue I heard a loud clicking noise and went to find my Pin-Bot playfield dark and my displays all garbled. I immediately turn it off waited a few minutes and turned it back on and got an IRQ error, so I powered it back off pulled the back glass and checked all the connections didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Turn it back on and everything worked again???? Is this something to be concerned about or just a random fluke thing???

#5151 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Original power supply?

Looks to be original to me,I have never had to do anything with it in the 6 years I've had the machine.
Had the main board gone through and acid damage repaired when I first got it, but that's it.

#5155 2 years ago

I asked this on the last page, but didn't really get an answer, kciaccio asked about the power supply, but the comments ended there. Anybody care to point me in the right direction?

Quoted from henrydwh:

Quick question, had my game on last night during the Super Bowl and out of the blue I heard a loud clicking noise and went to find my Pin-Bot playfield dark and my displays all garbled. I immediately turn it off waited a few minutes and turned it back on and got an IRQ error, so I powered it back off pulled the back glass and checked all the connections didn't find anything out of the ordinary. Turn it back on and everything worked again???? Is this something to be concerned about or just a random fluke thing???

#5157 2 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

The power supply is worth looking into, especially if it’s original and has not had the capacitors replaced and checked for cold solder joints.
When you checked the connectors, you could have wiggled one enough to where it’s making a connection again and let the game boot again like normal.
Of course that’s just a guess. Perhaps a picture of your power supply would be a good start.

20220217_193017 (resized).jpg20220217_193017 (resized).jpg
#5159 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

That power supply should be completely rebuilt to rule it out from being the issue.

Thanks GRUMPY I will start there and let you know!

3 months later
#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anybody else have this rubber with a screw on the ramp?
[quoted image]

Mine has it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=henrydwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.