20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 9 years ago

Hi, just joined the club (again) I sold my pinbot about 4 years ago and had regretted it ever since. I have also been looking for one ever since and luckily enough got one in a trade deal.

A little more work and it will be looking and playing fantastic.

Looking for repro sling plastics, either the small ones or full size.
Everywhere is currently out of stock. 12000+ pinbots made and no one has any?
Or did everyone decide to replace them at once so they all sold out. Lol

And both 7 segment numeric displays. Tested both in another machine and they are bad.
Saw the post up higher and may just have to order some.

CAM00106-62.jpgCAM00106-62.jpg
3 weeks later
#257 9 years ago

If anyone has any 7 segment displays and/or slingshot plastics they want to sell please PM me.

Trying to restore my Pinbot back to its origional glory.

Thanks, Eric.

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

hmm One of the 330ohm resistors is laying in the bottom of my pinbot. Just noticed it today when I was doing some cleaning. it did not effect play as i have been playing it alot and all the flashers seam to be working. It came from the board next to the shooter lane. I saw something about taking these out for led? before I fix it since I am going to led the game what does that one control and should I replace it?

If you are going to LEd the flashers. Cut all the grounds off the transistor board.
Just keep the power and driver wires connected.

The only ones you really need to cut are the topper. Backbox finger flashers. And upper left blue ramp flasher and I think the two top flashers in the visor.

Those Led flashers will be locked on if you dont remove the grounds from the boards.
When you do remove or cut the wires they will work perfectly.

The warming transistors will no longer be used. So no need to replace.

I cut my grounds off and put heat shrink over the ends so nothing can get shorted.

#260 9 years ago

Yeah what he said. Resistors.

1 week later
#276 9 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Who on this group can tell me about the ROM which stops the Solar Value from carrying over game to game? When I sent my boards out, Clive updated the ROMs to "revision level 5", but I think the score still carries over. It's the one thing about the scoring I never understood...collecting the big jackpot can happen to any dummy who hits the ramp during multi ball after a bunch of people had lousy games.
Pretty sure I didn't just imagine this programming option, has anybody else heard about this?

The rom is on IPDB. Its called ...

ROM Hack (Solar Value Reset Each Game 500,000; Solar Adv. 250,000)

It replaces 2 rom chips on the mpu.(u26-u27)
As far as I can tell looking at whats in the .zip file it doesnt have a rom version #.

Here are the text notes copied from the .zip

1. Rom Checksum test as been skipped. (If you have a bad rom, the programm won't see it)
2. Factory setting is at freeplay.
3. Everytime you start a new game, the Solar value is reset to 500 000.
4. The setting for the advance solar value is now 10 000 to 990 000 (factory 250 000)

Please note that this roms has not been modified by a professional. Use at your own risk. I'm don't want to be held responsable for any damage that can be caused by this rom.

1 week later
#286 9 years ago
Quoted from Curbfeeler:

So a friend of mine just created a mod for The Walking Dead LE that lights up a shot on the game that was previously a bit dark. The thing is that shot on TWDLE is very similar to the Solar Value standup shot on Pinbot. I'm thinking of getting one of this mods and installing it on my pinbot. What do you guys think?
Mod Post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light#post-2032175
Video:
» YouTube video
Dan

I already did something similar to my Pinbot. I added a lamp socket under the ramp. And installed a superbright blue Led. That is tied to the energy value insert.
So when the energy value lights when the ramp lifts the whole thing lights up blue.

And added another socket with a ultra bright red that is tied into the solar value insert lamp.
So the clear ramp glows red.

I also added a 3 blue led strip on the left side of the visor over the blue ramp. It brightens up the back of the playfied a bit more and makes the ramp glow.

It looks great and is so easy to do.

1416450111044.jpg1416450111044.jpg 1416450213315.jpg1416450213315.jpg
#293 9 years ago

That sounds worth copying! I'm unclear on where you're mounting the bulbs. Do you have the red LED right under the metal flap and the blue one just behind it, under the blue ramp? And since they're tied to the "energy value" and "solar value" lights, do the LEDs blink as well? (kinda cool if they just glowed solid while the play field lights blinked...but either way)
I'm totally doing that. Great idea.

Hi. Yeah they are both under the metal flap. Standard 555 sockets will screw right under it no problem.

They are wired to the bulbs under the inserts. So they flash in attract mode. But while playing only light up when the insert is lit.

Green and purple look nice under there too.

Too bad my phone photos leds so crappy.

CAM00157.jpgCAM00157.jpg
2 months later
#388 9 years ago

My pinbot all LED lit up.
New plastics on the way.

CAM00235.jpgCAM00235.jpg

3 weeks later
#404 9 years ago

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a tech issue.

When you press the sound test button on the mpu what is the tone/tones on a working pinbot?
I get what sounds like a scratch and explosion.
Not sure if thats one tone or two

Either its working properly or I have a U23 ram error.

The speech stops working after the machine has been on for about 2 hours.
If i switch it off and back on it works again for about another 2 hours.

Its driving me crazy sourcing this intermittent problem out.

Any help would be appreciated.

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I get the same, almost like a swipe/record scratch. I can shoot a vid if you would like.

Thanks. Thats what I get too. I guess that it is working correctly.
Its hard to tell if its one tone or two. As the "scratch" sound kind of booms at the end.

I wil do the above tests when it fails.

I picked up a new u23 ram today just in case.
I also picked up all new caps for the power supply.
They all seem good but Im going ti shotgun that as they look like origional components/caps.

#409 9 years ago

One thing I found today when checking the transformer is I only have 10.5 volts on the grey/green lead.
But all other test points on the game test good?

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I think you checked the wrong points. Across the transformer secondary gray to gray/green will give you the correct measurement. It sounds like you measured from ground, or center tap - which is giving you half of the measurement you should be seeing.

trans.jpg 45 KB

Thanks, thats what I did. Got the correct voltage now. All is good.

Speech still cuts out after being on about 2 hours.
What has been done so far.
Replaced all caps on mpu,soundboard and rebuilt power supply board.
Replaced the main cpu chip on soundboard.

Still no change. Only it takes longer to cut out than when I started.

2 weeks later
#455 9 years ago

I started a thread about what are the correct test tones on the mpu.
The repair guide contradicts itself.

So I wanted owners to pool their info.
What is correct
1 tone after pushing sound test mpu button or two.

Guide says 1 tone ram error
2 tones rom error
2 tones gane working properly.

What does your pinbot do?
Link and poll

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-correct-sound-tones-with-cpu-test#post-2296625

10 months later
#866 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all,
My poor Pinbot has some tricky sound problems. I'm no expert but it even has my expert pinball repair guy stumped.
At first boot usually sounds are fine. All sounds accounted for. After a while of idling or playing, sounds will start to drop out. Music, sound effects, definitely voice. It's hard to pinpoint any particular pattern.
We replaced the sound board with a used one claiming to be fully working. Didn't seem to alter the situation at all.
I've read a lot of other forum posts but can't get to anything that definitely sounds like my situation.
Is there a silver bullet solution? Another board or two that would knock it out 100%? I'd really like to sew this issue up because otherwise Pinbot is a real gem. New cpr playfield and plastics, etc.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cvsd chip on the mpu. Not the sound board.
I had the same issue with my pinbot. While you are at it replace the caps too. Top left of the mpu. U3. Chip with #55536 on it.

Here is a pic from my f14 but pinbot is the same.

Here is the thread with the same issue you are describing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-help-needed-any-ideas#post-2242384

IMG_20160113_201056499_(resized).jpgIMG_20160113_201056499_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#914 8 years ago

No offence to anyone in this post. When putting Leds in pinbot. Why do most people put all red and all blue? The part that bugs me the most is the slingshot white flipper fingers.
Personally they should be white.

You still get the red/blue but with proper light and the white flipper fingers on the plastics stand out.

Here's my pinbot Led scheme. Some added under the command plastics and a added spotlight. But otherwise mostly red /blue.

Same goes with the backglass.

14596482277281520900650_(resized).jpg14596482277281520900650_(resized).jpg

1459648719843-266600597_(resized).jpg1459648719843-266600597_(resized).jpg

#917 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

"Personally" is about the answer. For some people, the thought of even putting in LEDs is preposterous. Of those that do, some of them abhor the red/blue scheme. Those that do the red/blue scheme like myself have not created it on their own, they've seen it somewhere else and copied it. I did not think to use white in that spot because I wanted the two colors to be contiguous from the top to the bottom of the playfield, and I'm not planning to run right out and change it because of your suggestion. I have a color changer behind a planet and in another secret spot on the backbox. There's only hundreds of ways to alter the lighting on these games.
All my inserts are incandescent. I feel the LEDs look too strong there, and this is backasswards from the "norm" which is many folks LEDs the inserts and leave the GI regular incans. So what - it's my personal preference.

I'm not calling out your choice or anyone elses. There are 100's of pics of pinbot on the internet with the all red and blue color scheme.

It's all personal preference. I just don't want to see people buy a bunch of red and blue LEDs and put them in and think that's as good as their game can look with Leds. Red and blue make an already dark game even darker.

As far as the Inserts go. I would change them to Leds. Pinbot are notorious for the mylar bubbling. And incandescent bulbs heat are the reason this happens.
Pinbot it's one of the most iconic Pinball machines out there. It's a work of art as well as fun to play.

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from cyris69:

So is it safe to say as my inserts all have some bubbling, nothing crazy, but I can just replace with a 5500Kish white and it will keep the color or should it be matched to the color of the insert? I'm not trying to replace the look as I think it awesome with regular bulbs. My thought is just heat and efficiency mostly.
I really love your layout erak

If you have insert bubbling, color match the Inserts. The bubbles will be less noticeable. But on yellow inserts always use white. Yellow leds are too dark and look bad.

2 months later
#963 7 years ago

I'll talk to him, thanks.
The flasher issue was weird, though it seems fine now (played a bunch last night). I clipped the ground to the first warming resistor board when I switched to LED; when the game was acting weird, the SUN flashers were always on, and the slingshot flashers would blink very slightly when flippers were activated. No other flashers worked. But then it was fine after another game or two. Don't remember if I turned the game off and back on, probably did. The CPU board was serviced by Clive from Coin Op Cauldron a year and a half ago, so i would assume the socket was OK, but one can never be sure I suppose.

Do a factory reset after swapping Roms. Stuff stored in the nvram will cause wierd issues. It needs a complete factory reset to clear any old stored settings/data, highscore etc. Also because there are conflicts with the new Roms settings and adjusts menu.

2 months later
#1075 7 years ago

If you are going to do red and blue rubbers. Just remember that the flipper rubbers need to be red. Look at the plastics and pinbots fingers on the playfield and backglass. Otherwise it will look weird.

1 week later
#1128 7 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Mine had 89's in the eye's when I got it, but they kept burning out really quick! Switched to 1251 and no problems! I am thinking the incandescent 89's could not handle the voltage, but obviously the 1251's are made for the 28 volts. Now as far a LEDs go, I have no idea how voltage affects them, I have looked for 1251 LEDs and have not been able to find any, so assuming voltage does not affect LEDs the way it affects incandescent , using 89 LEDs in place should work!
Anybody, feel free to correct me if I am wrong in my thinking.

There are 1251 leds. But if you want to do a bit of modding to your machine and want to use the more common (cheaper) #89 leds.

You can use #89 Led flashers instead, if you solider a 1 watt 350ohm resistor across each 1251 flasher socket.

Also cut all the ground leads off the warming resistor boards under the playfield and in the backbox. Otherwise the#89 led bulbs will stay lit because of the warming circuit for the #89 incandescents.

My pinbot has been running that way for over 7 years. Not a burned out led flasher bulb yet.

1 year later
#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Working on a dead Pinbot. So far I have it up and running. My last issue is with the sound test. I have background music and the music test works. How many sounds are in the sound test and is there a voice on the game?

May possibly be the 55536 Cvsd chip. I think it's located at U3. But check the schematic. Common problem on pinbot. Search Google or pinside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider erak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.