20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmcinnes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2452 5 years ago

Hey Folks!

I’ve recently picked up my first machine (Pinbot of course!) and I’ve been trying to track down a why the top Playfield flashers are not working. Bulbs are good and replaced, sockets are good.
These lights are on the same switch as the ball trough feeder which works fine. However when I looked at the relay at the back right of the playfield that seems to run the feeder the solder job looks a bit brutal (top relay in picture, the one closer to the front of the playfield).

None of the other relay boards have a COIL connection, and it seems surprising to have GND and +28 connected! Perhaps this was a fix to route around a bad relay board? However I do hear the click when running the flasher test.

Might have to replace this. Could someone please snap a pic of what this should actually look like?

Thanks!

328C607D-679E-4AFB-9DBF-F0B62AE7E089 (resized).jpeg328C607D-679E-4AFB-9DBF-F0B62AE7E089 (resized).jpeg

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I would start with the warming boards first

Good call, I forgot to mention, all the warming boards look fine, with good connectivity.

1 week later
#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Quick question gang, the flashers in the upper left hand and the single flasher in the upper right hand back of game.. are these 12 or 24v? Mine are super dim and I think I put 24? In when I put this thing back together... is that right? Are all the flashers on the topside of the playfield 12v? I know everything in and under visor is 24

They are 13v, #89 flashers. I recently picked up a box from Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0089

2 months later
#2570 5 years ago

Hey Folks, out of curiosity what settings do you play at? Particularly the auto adjustments for things like the drop targets.
Normally I have it at set to the default 20% auto adjust but after a while it has them popping back up waaaay too fast to be any fun.

#2581 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! I think I will turn off auto adjust as well.

1 month later
#2720 5 years ago

Could also do Cliffy’s fix for the broken top bit on the red ramp. Mine’s broken at the same place, I’m temped to try this:

http://www.stevechannel.com/pinbot.htm

4 months later
#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Where does the nvram go on the pinbot board?

https://www.pinitech.com/product_images/ram_locations/ramloc_williamssys11.jpg

It replaces U25. You may need to desolder the existing chip and add a socket.

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This game is never going to be more than a player honestly and I really don’t want to go upside down on the cost. I only have the one broken plastic though and I hate to buy a whole set for the one piece. I have bought that set though for another Pinbot that I redid years ago and was pleased with it.

I have the exact same problem, I just need this piece. I’ve found it for sale here:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8963/plastic-9-for-pin-bot

Though it’s a German company and they don’t ship directly to the US. However there are companies that will forward packages so I’ve been considering it. Unfortunately that makes it rather pricey, something like $50USD, so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

That is an insane amount for shipping. I believe if it was going to cost me that much I’d spend the $150 on the new set. If my playfield was nicer I’d buy the new set anyway.
I sent pinball_gizzard a PM about his piece. It will finish mine up nice enough to make a solid players machine

No, that’s total. The piece plus shipping. Still quite a bit.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The long plastic that goes on the upper left play area is available, jmountjoy111 found one local. I'll stick em on ebay in a few weeks if no one here wants them.

I’ll take it! PM sent

#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

My visor just started opening and closing twice on it cycle. Does anyone know if that a switch position problem or other? Thanks Tim

Yeah it’s a common switch problem, I had the same issue. Reposing from another thread:

The visor motor by design sometimes goes clockwise, sometimes counterclockwise. If it runs into any resistance it reverses direction. There are two switches on the assembly — one triggered when the targets are fully up, and the other when the targets are fully down. In my case when the motor went one direction it hits the switch on the side without triggering it, but with enough force to make the motor reverse. The fix was to adjust the switch arms so they trigger on both directions the motor turns.

Hope that helps!

2 weeks later
#3301 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The guy from Warsaw that just got his Pinbot is in need of a visor carrier / motor interface bushing, the one that goes on the pin that rides in the carrier oval slot and drives it up and down. The one that gets lost if you don’t know to look for it when your taking the visor mech apart. Does anyone have a spare one not installed and can measure it or know what the dimensions are of the original so he can find a bushing close enough that will work?

Marco’s carries it, they have a diagram showing the external dimensions: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4259

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Ok I'll check my settings, not sure why it would have reset somehow to a shorter time? Mine seems more like 8-10 seconds if that right now.

There’s a setting #37 called “Drop Target Auto Adjustment” that over time modifies the drop target timer based on the skill level of the players. It’s set to 20% by default but it can be disabled (I’ve disable it on mine!) Similarly the setting for the Solar Value Auto adjust is #39.

There’s also auto adjustment settings for Energy Value and Planet Reach for special.

2 months later
#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Having a weird issue:
Once in awhile, the music isn’t on during ball 1, just sounds. However, it’ll come on for ball 2 and 3. I wait for the “bong” upon startup too.
Any ideas? Anyone have this issue? My taxi does it sometimes too.

My Pinbot has a similar problem, turned out the -12v on the power supply was low, around -10v, which can cause resets on the sound board. It needs to be higher than 10.5.
I was able to fix the problem by replacing the capacitors on the power supply as they were original and dried out.

3 months later
#3729 4 years ago

Hey Folks I'm selling my Pinbot in Portland, OR

Machine - For Sale
Pinbot Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Great player's condition Pinbot, working nearly 100%. Some typical playfield wear on the eye ejects and the upper left eject hole. Playfield cleaned, waxed with new rubber and new ...”
2019-08-13
Portland, OR
1,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 350 times

3 weeks later
#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I've had my Pin*bot for more than ten years and have made it to the sun a few times. I'm thinking that the million point shot is the bigger challenge. I set it up only once and then pooched the final plunge.

Same! Got there twice and whiffed it twice. Recently sold my game so likely not going to get another shot.

I reached the sun a few times though I had disabled the auto difficulty setting on the drop targets so I’m sure that helped.

3 weeks later
#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Unfortunately. MY visor opens, closes, then reopens, every time I complete the grid. Annoying. But not 100% sure why it does it every time. I also get airballs because of this. But rarely do they ever get stuck. Just momentarily trapped under the visor until it reopens.

I had this problem with my old Pinbot, likely your visor motor switches need adjustment. The motor runs both directions but if it encounters any resistance it will reverse direction. It will then close again then reopen closing the switch from the other side.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmcinnes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=dmcinnes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.