20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrispink25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1989 6 years ago

Hey All,
I'm a proud new member of the club. Picked up my pinbot a week ago. Unfortunately, I screwed up big time. I had to unhook the head to bring it downstairs. When I hooked up the wires I connected two incorrectly. I have started a thread in the tech-alphanumeric section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-goes-pop-and-lose-all-but-gi#post-4174914

Chris K

3 weeks later
#2122 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

So the waterslide decals turned out great! Here is my installation after 4 coats of glaze!

wizard_mode what kind of glaze did you use?

#2123 6 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Anybody ever have trouble with the ball ejecting into the shooter lane? Mine will keep kicking it out and it will got right back in, sometimes repeating this process 6 or more times before it will finally roll down to the shooter rod tip. Got a video, not sure how to post it,

Hey henrydwh I had this issue. Turns out the metal on the playfield side of the ejector bent out from all the ball contact over the years. I bent in in slightly by hand and the issue was resolved.

#2126 6 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

chrispink25 Thanks for the info, what metal are you referring to?

henrydwh see pic. (From my space station, but it is the same on pinbot)

3D083E0A-E3BD-4B20-9624-CF3A9E196E5D (resized).jpeg3D083E0A-E3BD-4B20-9624-CF3A9E196E5D (resized).jpeg

#2129 6 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I don't think I've seen another Pinbot with a nail like that. WTF were they thinking? You need to add those pictures to this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/worst-hackrepair-you-ever-saw

I was actually thinking about what I could add in order to keep the metal from bending over time. Was thinking maybe a screw? I’m not sure how many games can be played before the metal needs to be adjusted again.

1 month later
#2358 6 years ago

I can't find the pinbot cliffys anywhere. If anyone has a source, let me know. Thanks!

#2359 6 years ago

Answered my own question. Emailed cliffy to order the protectors.

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

$93 and includes The Flipper guides and shipping.

Yep, the full pinbot set includes 3pc lock saucers, moving target, shooter eject and 2pc flipper guide A-8108-ENH protector set $90 before shipping. He doesn't have them listed on his site, so you have to email to order. He PayPal invoices you. He did mention he's got a little backlog of orders, so delivery could take some time. I also ordered a set for my dirty Harry, which qualified me for a free cliffy shirt!

#2369 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone have pics of the full cliffys set?

I'll take a pic and post when my set comes, unless someone beats me to it.

1 month later
#2460 5 years ago

I went through all sounds with and without U19 and couldn't detect any difference when testing music and speech.

3 weeks later
#2522 5 years ago

Hey fellow pinbot owners! If you think you'd ever be interested in a hardtop playfield replacement, stop by the hardtop thread and cast your vote for pinbot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread

1 week later
#2527 5 years ago

Hey All, anyone know a source for this ballguide wire part 12-6466-6? Marco is out. Appears to be about 1.5 inches wide. If no source, ideas on how to handcraft one? Or put a post there?

DA6EC2D6-B63F-41E4-A20B-6C693251C4DA (resized).jpegDA6EC2D6-B63F-41E4-A20B-6C693251C4DA (resized).jpeg
#2533 5 years ago

Thanks chaosrooster for looking! And thanks guys for the ideas, I'm gonna get the calipers out when I get home.

#2536 5 years ago

Thanks chaosrooster pm sent! I did pull out the Calipers. The ballguide wire part 12-6466-6 is .094 inches thick

2 weeks later
#2547 5 years ago

Hey All,
Just throwing out a big thank you to Freeplay40 for the beautiful pinbot ramp and chaskett for the high quality "ADV X" sticker. Definitely worth the investment!

IMG_8492 (resized).JPGIMG_8492 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#2589 5 years ago

Rectifiers fused? I also installed fuses for all the special solenoids.

2 weeks later
#2671 5 years ago

Restore done! Removed mylar from playfield. Didn't do touch-ups, put on a playfield protector. Redid pops, flippers, etc. I have some used parts. If you are interested, send me an offer. A big thanks to GRUMPY for answer all of my questions during this rebuild!

Photo Aug 19, 1 01 32 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 01 32 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 13 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 13 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 44 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 44 PM (resized).jpg
#2675 5 years ago

Somebody thought it was a good idea to use touch-up with black spray paint without masking or removing parts, lol.

1 week later
#2696 5 years ago

Robotworkshop I do think Pinbot high score is good, however, space station is way better. Check it out:

#2699 5 years ago

ranman2001 I have a used ramp that still has top piece intact. I did remove the metal flap to use on new eBay one. I posted a picture a little ways back in here. I also have waterslide helmet and ramp decals I didn't use. I tried to spray them with clear coat and they got foggy, so i used the standard set. Maybe more clear would fix the fog?

#2738 5 years ago

I have the extra eProm in mine. No extra phrase when I collect solar value.

#2760 5 years ago

Visor open and close is normal. Ramp doesn't do anything on mine until in game.

#2764 5 years ago

Could also install a blinking LED. Comet has several, I believe.

#2781 5 years ago

I have the CPR mirrored backglass and I think it is far superior to the translite.

2 weeks later
#2794 5 years ago

I get my 1251s from Cointaker

#2796 5 years ago

Yes! They are a little more than the normal bulb, but I like the ease of install.

#2799 5 years ago

I also bought some of those eBay 13 led. Maybe just poor quality because they wouldn't work in my pinbot, but cointakers work great.

#2802 5 years ago

All ground wires are cut.

#2804 5 years ago

Pretty sure. I wanted to get my Pinbot back together, so I put in 1251 whites and finished up putting all back together. I may try them again in the future.

3 weeks later
#2827 5 years ago

It’s just a spring! Sorry wizard_mode just checked and all out! Just got a Marco order today too, doh!

1 month later
#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know where to get new decals like the forever sold out ones on Bay Area Amusements? (attached)[quoted image]

wizard_mode made these as waterslide decals a while back. Ping him, maybe he has some left or can print you some.

3 weeks later
#2949 5 years ago

I went all LED. The 1251s from cointaker are great for the eyes. I just unsoldered the ground wire from all the flasher boards and put some heat shrink on the ends.

#2956 5 years ago

I have LEDs in all locations and they work great. You do need to remove the warming resistors from the flash boards, or remove the ground wire. I removed the ground wire. Regular flash bulbs will still work with the ground wire and or warming resistors removed.

#2959 5 years ago

Just remove the ground wires from the flash boards. If there are two wires, remove them from the board and reconnect them before heat shrink wrapping them.

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Just clean with Novus 1 & 2. When you install comet natural white bulbs, all the yellowing of clear stuff and yellowed white on the playfield isn't noticeable. It all looks bright white again!

I used novus on the spiral cover ramp and it didn’t remove much of the yellowing. But I agree it is barely noticeable under glass.

#2968 5 years ago

Yeah, I bet that would work. I didn’t try to hard because I couldn’t think of a way to get a new sticker on it under the riveted brackets.

#2986 5 years ago

Caps are not normal height. Need to buy a slightly smaller pop bumper body for pinbot. I know this because I bought the wrong ones first. Can you get measurements from the guy?

#2990 5 years ago

Thanks jibmums for the clarification. I guess I’ll use the first set on my BTTF.

1 week later
#3076 5 years ago

Did you reseat all cables to the displays?

#3099 5 years ago

I got mine on eBay. A little more money at $39.99 with free shipping. The listing is out there.

#3103 5 years ago

Doh, sorry!

#3112 5 years ago
Quoted from cngizbleevng:

Is there a way to adjust it? I've rotated the plunger and didn't notice any asymmetry.

Check left to right and the vertical. Needs to be hitting ball right in the center. May need to move the shooter housing and or raise or lower playfield. In my case I had to remove some wood to lower my shooter rod housing.

#3118 5 years ago

topkat they are either 89s or 1251s check the manual. I used 1251 leds from coin taker and love them. PantherCityPins yes, two pins and two screws hold the visor.

#3137 5 years ago

This help?

Photo Apr 14, 5 07 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Apr 14, 5 07 18 PM (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3189 5 years ago

I tried to put the cliffy on that protects the target bank. The holes didn't line up, which can be expected. Then, when screwing down posts, i could not get it to stay down. Edges would come up. I do not recommend it. I ended up throwing it away.

#3199 5 years ago

CPR does sell the plastic set for PinBot. It is the whole set, so a little pricey.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/pinbot-4/

1 week later
#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Sorry it didnt work for you Chris- I would have refunded you.

Thanks Cliffy ! I wasn't expecting a refund. Your protectors are the best.

1 week later
#3278 5 years ago

Extra decals if anyone is in need.

B62778DA-30E9-46AB-9D24-A36CEAC10457 (resized).jpegB62778DA-30E9-46AB-9D24-A36CEAC10457 (resized).jpeg
#3280 5 years ago

All spoken for. Very quick! Thanks Guys.

#3281 5 years ago

RichWolfson you want chaskett Adv X sticker, it is awesome!

#3287 5 years ago

JFink8222 using the manual find the impacted row/column then focus on that. Could be a wire not making contact in the idc connector at the board, a bad diode, etc. I have had both of these issues. After basic troubleshooting, including continuity testing it gets more advanced and needs the troubleshooting skills of a guy like GRUMPY

3 weeks later
#3414 5 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

I've wanted to get one of these units for my F-14 and Pin-bot but just wish the wiring instructions were better. I am no slouch when it comes to working with wiring diagrams and schematics and the instructions on the site just confuse me.

Have you seen this?:

http://home.kpn.nl/p.koch3/FirePower.htm

#3427 5 years ago
Quoted from CoitusMysterioso:

Fine then nobody can EVER say i didn't give into peer pressure!! LOL
Where is everyone buying the Inkochnito Bridge Board now?? Marcos is out of stock.

Big Daddy. $49!

https://www.bigdaddy-enterprises.com/boards/boards-index.htm

3 weeks later
#3506 5 years ago

Beware of the target carrier. It was too wide for my opening and I destroyed it trying to make it fit. My original was ok, so I was fine.

#3516 5 years ago

@jfink8222 make sure to properly gap the pop bumper switch. The prepopulated ones are not pre gapped

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That's only for system 3-7. Pinbot is a system 11

Works fine on system 11, label is just incorrect. I printed a small grid with correct labeling and mounted in close to the board.

3 weeks later
#3598 4 years ago

SantaEatsCheese too bad you aren’t closer to Minnesota, my cab is really beat up. I’d love a donor one.

#3621 4 years ago

It is B and C on the power supply.

5 months later
#3869 4 years ago

I get these, since they can be used in a lot of places. You could also get the 1N4004.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/1N4007

2 weeks later
#3882 4 years ago

You’re welcome! I learned from the pro, GRUMPY

1 month later
#3992 4 years ago

Are any wires hanging it up?

2 weeks later
#4006 4 years ago

They look to be the stock ones to me. Very toasty EOS switches there. Definitely time for a rebuild.

3 months later
#4240 4 years ago

Playball!

5 months later
#4335 3 years ago

MANTO1975 Reach out to this guy:

Hello,
I made a new Pin*Bot topper for myself since my original melted and decided to make a few more for you folks on Pinside. Here's my ad on Pinside;
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/98819

1 month later
2 months later
#4499 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

For anyone who has installed the CPR mirrored backglass, where did you get the lift channel, etc from?

I used the one on my original translite. I think planetary sells them.

2 weeks later
#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from Croppie1Kenobi:

Got kind of a strange problem. The right backbox flashers don't flash. They are on like they should be just don't flash during the "lightning and thunder" sound. checked the resistor board on the backbox door and seems ok. Maybe a relay problem. MPU is new from Vic Tan and is perfect. Thoughts?

Are you using LED flashers? If yes, need to remove the ground or warming resistor from the board that is on the back board.

#4556 3 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

I notice when my visor opens about 1/2 of the way, it seems to stick and then 'pop' up suddenly the rest of the way, almost like there is some resistance somewhere. When the visor closes it is very smooth and not jumpy at all. Is this a common issue? any easy fixes?

Mine hits the rubber on the right side.

2 months later
#4692 2 years ago
Quoted from toebes:

As I continue working with my Pinbot, I'm down to a couple of issues that I'm not sure are normal so I figured I would just ask...
1) The ramp occasionally twitches up/down (but never stays in the wrong position for more than a moment). I've noticed that it sometimes correlates to when the pop bumpers under the mini-playfield activate, but I have seen it do it when the ball is just rolling on the field.
2) After shooting a ball onto the lift ramp when it exits the ramp onto the mini-playfield, pretty frequently (perhaps 20% of the time) it exits the top left of the ramp and drops onto the visor (the yellow line in the image shows the path that it takes).
Thanks!
[quoted image]

I’ve never had that happen is there a stand off missing or rubber on wrong post? Is the machine level?

#4709 2 years ago
Quoted from alyssa:

There is some phantom scoring and test mode indicates a 10pt switch issue. I've tried to adjust two of the 10pt rubber bumpers (left of the visor, and underneath the 3 pop bumpers) but that did not resolve the issue. Any other

Go into switch test and see which switches phantom score and look in the manual for location. If hitting the playfield causes scoring, it should be fixed. I agree with others that there are no magnets. With that said, ninja balls magnetize very easily. I learned the hard way in my Dirty Harry.

#4711 2 years ago
Quoted from alyssa:

Thank you gutz koji ChrisPINk25! Upon further inspection, it seems to be raised inserts (such as the green multipliers) as you suspected. I also adjusted the leg levelers to make sure that wasn't the issue.
I actually think the BOP plastic (second level after blue ramp) is warped with a slight downward slope or screwed too tightly. That is causing the ball to "stick" in that corner as seen on video... I'll have to see what I can do.

Gentle heat could help if BOP is warped slightly. They do make a repo too, but it’s not cheap. Great job on the video!

2 weeks later
#4736 2 years ago
Quoted from DuffysArcade:

Mylar removed successfully from under the mini-playfield. No paint was lifted at all. A few small areas of paint wear around the pops to touch up, unrelated to the mylar.
Now do I dare do the whole thing??
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The labels on the inserts will lift.

1 week later
#4742 2 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

During attract mode on my pinbot only the right eye visor lamp flashes. The left one does not. During gameplay they both work fine. Is this how the attract mode is supposed to be or is there something wrong with my machine? Is there a bulb back there that I am missing that only goes on during attract mode and not during gameplay for the left eye?
[quoted image]

I think the left one is on its own fuse.

1 month later
#4810 2 years ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

Hi all,
Just wondering if someone can clarify this for me. Under each flipper bat there is a roll pin sticking out of the playfield on the back side..
I don’t see any function to them, except for maybe supporting the flipper bat when it’s in resting position on the topside of the playfield??
I removed them from my old playfield and I can’t recall if the roll pins are actually meant to go trough the full playfield to stick out on the front (art) side of the playfield. The pics I took are not really clear on that either[quoted image]

Mine stick out slightly. They are used to align the flippers when tightening them down. You really don’t need them.

2 weeks later
#4828 2 years ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

Anyone, please?

Since the pop bumper lights are always on with the GI, I don't think it matters what wires you use as long as it is a GI string.

3 months later
#5007 2 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I smoked a buck on the way to work the other day, so I have been a bit busy.
[quoted image]

Oh no! Fix it up, or get a new one?

3 weeks later
#5031 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can someone confirm if 89’s are the bulbs needed for topper- plan to place an order if Marco has them - thanks!

Yes, 89s

#5040 2 years ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Picked up a Pinbot a few weeks ago and I am loving it. My 3 year old loves it too lol! I enjoyed reading through this entire thread. It’s helped me troubleshoot a few minor issues with my machine. So much helpful stuff in here.
A few questions. Where can I get the decal that goes on top of the target bank? The one with the stripes to match the playfield when the bank is down?
Where can I get the “advance X” decal?
Has anyone thought to backlight the two plastics that float above the playfield near the front of the machine? The 2 plastics of the control pods with the astronauts? I think these would look really cool if they were back lit. I just ordered a bunch of led bulbs from Comet. I also ordered some small lighting strips and I am going to try and get them under these particular pieces.

I got my advance X from Freeplay40 with the new ramp I purchased.

1 month later
#5115 2 years ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

Just checking if this is normal or not…
I previously before restoring it, have not played my Pinbot enough to notice this, but now I have.
The sound effects don’t always play. Example:
Going up the blue ramp, the effect created by the first switch and the explosion effects then hitting the mini playfield are not always heard.
Same goes for other effects like the one you hear when hitting the colored targets. They all work 99% of the time, but sometimes one of these effects is not heard when hitting that target.
It doesn’t bother me at all, but I was just wondering if this is normal. It’s almost as if there is too much happening at once for the sound effects to keep up with the action.
I got a new CPU btw, so that’s not a issue. All diagnostics show the game is working fine.

Check the switches on the blue ramp. My second switch was bent in a way where the ball missed it often, especially when hit hard. Missing the second switch means no increase in X or solar value and no explosion sound.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrispink25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=chrispink25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.