20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaosrooster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2508 5 years ago

my ramp has seen better days but pretty sure this is what you were looking for

adv x 1 (resized).jpgadv x 1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, just to say (as i'm not behind the pin)
Pinbot showned a "check vortex switch 22" when powered on, and as i leveled the back legs at max since day 1, we never hit the upper hole anymore (20.000 pts), than should be an alert because that switch was not hit since X balls/games !? correct ? or of course the switch is faulty...
next time i'll go to my sister house, it will takes 1 minute to check
now, can we set off that system checking the switches ?
of course, the best way to resolve that is, if its possible, to set up better the shooter to give ball more speed to climb all the vortex

Yes, I think you are correct with this assumption. The switch hasn't been activated in a while so the game will show an error when booting. Try using a more powerful shooter rod spring or lowering the back legs like you mentioned.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

other ask : the moving wall target is not going perfectly to the PF level...
a tip to resolve this (because sometimes a ball remain blocked behind the wall, there're are 1 or 2 mm difference there) ?
of course, screws setup under PF are OK, as if i push with my finger, wall go down for few millimeters and than perfectly match the PF
than what to make the course a bit longer ?
tanx in advance

For the visor chest target bank, I had the same problem. If you search around the internet, you will find this is a very common issue with Pinbot that I don't think will always need the same solution. For me, I had to replace the visor motor. Now when the visor opens, it is nearly even with the play field and the ball has not gotten stuck since. Also, I would check to see if the visor chest target switches have some foam behind them to protect them from breaking. After 30+ years of getting slammed by a pinball the foam will decay. It's a pain in the ass removing the target bank and replacing the foam but it's well worth it in the long run imo.

1 week later
#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Hey All, anyone know a source for this ballguide wire part 12-6466-6? Marco is out. Appears to be about 1.5 inches wide. If no source, ideas on how to handcraft one? Or put a post there?

Funny mine was missing the same one in the same exact place. I scored some on eBay a while back from a parted out Pinbot that being sold as a lot. I believe it was all the wire guides for the game. I'll dig them up later on tonight and see if I have an extra one for you.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Thanks chaosrooster for looking! And thanks guys for the ideas, I'm gonna get the calipers out when I get home.

Yes, I do indeed have an extra one. Shoot me a PM if you still want it.

2 months later
#2753 5 years ago

Has anyone out there heard of this one? I've had an issue with my Pinbot from the day I've owned it where every now and then the pop bumpers going off will activate the clear lift ramp to raise for no reason. Usually when this happens hitting any other switch in the game will activate the ramp again lowering it back down. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this isn't part of the game's rules, any idea how to fix it?

Quoted from mrWol64:

I can’t claim 9 solar values ,.. BUT, recently and finally, I managed to get a solar value and all planets and the special on ball #1,.. I am still making my way after 2 years of battling those drains, with my mediocre pinball skills. Unhappily I am still yet to roll the score over 9,999,999 ,.. been close

Last night I finally managed to reach the sun and hit the special. I'd never done it before, what an awesome feeling! Rolling over the score seems like a distant dream lol. My top score is 5.6 mil.

#2759 5 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone. To clarify, the energy value is not being scored, its just the lift ramp that is behaving badly. I inspected and cleaned the energy target switch for good measure but found nothing suspicious. I also checked for loose connections on the ramp and pops but didn't see anything.

Some more info: the left pop bumper will sometimes stop working and won't react to the ball. I rebuilt the pops a while back but it didn't fix it. The left bumper is in the same switch column as ramp down. I don't see ramp up anywhere on the matrix so I'm assuming it's the same as ramp down? Also, I removed the mini pf today so I could drop a ball into the pops while in game. The lift ramp will still raise up even if the left bumper temporarily stops working.

One more thing, when I power the machine on, the lift ramp will raise up (if it wasn't up already)and stays open. The visor will also open and close. This is normal behavior correct? I've always assumed it was just wanted to confirm.

#2761 5 years ago

Ok thanks I'll go through the switch column and check for a short.

3 weeks later
#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Damn. Just put in my order at cointaker which is selling them for 2x the amount.

I have the cointaker ones. They were a little pricey but work great you will like them.

4 weeks later
#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaRyanFresh:

I inherited a Pinbot in May, and with moving from IN to VA, I'm just now able to get it running smoothly. I have experience working on electronics, which is helpful. This weekend I fixed a few of the easy problems and only really have a couple issues to iron out. My Left Eye Reject tends to stick and think there is a ball still in place, and my Top Jet Bumper only engages intermittently. Other than that its all cosmetic! Where is the best place to order parts for these machines?
I am already loving his addiction!
[quoted image]

Congrats on getting the ol 'Bot set up!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/ and https://www.pinballlife.com/ are great for parts. Also, check out http://www.bayareaamusements.com/

You can source new plastics and back glass at https://classicplayfields.com/

Freeplay40 makes some great ramps if you need them. not sure if they're still available but chaskett made a nice lift ramp decal as well.

I also search eBay on occasion as you can find some hard to find game specific parts if you time it right. Hope that helps.

#2865 5 years ago

PapaRyanFresh bookmark this page, it is great reference for system 11 games.

https://hansbalk.home.xs4all.nl/rep/sys11/index.html

I am a novice with the electronics side of pinball but it's helped me a lot. With your background, you will probably get a lot more out of it than I did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chaosrooster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=chaosrooster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.