20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Has anyone actually gotten to the sun with the game setup normally (tilt, pitch, 3 balls) and all? Seems like an epic feat.

It seems to me, it kind of depends on how much time you have to knock down the 3 drops. Isn‘t the default around 15 seconds ? At that I‘ve gotten there maybe twice. When I first got the game, it was shorter and completely impossible to get more than a few planets.

Anybody know what qualifies the target on the right side of the playfield which spots a planet?

1 year later
#4815 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I don't think you're supposed to move or tap them at all. From what I've read, you insert a thin dowel or toothpick into them from topside, and your flippers rest against them as you tighten from beneath. See how in Vin-bot's photo a toothpick would rest right against the edge of the rubber. That's how I've always done it and it's always worked perfectly.

I‘ve never been real happy with the toothpick method. It seems to me the toothpicks have too much wiggle room so the flippers usually are not aligned well enough when I only use this method. I don’t stick anything in the holes and just use them as a guide to setting the flipper angle and visually make sure the two flippers line up. That being said I’ve never been sure if the holes are for lining up the flippers with or without rubber. I have never tried tapping these pieces up and down - might have to try that, but depending on how high up one taps them they would be touching the plastic flipper or the rubber.

5 months later
#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from DanielM:

Dear Pinbot club,
Today I worked on Pinbot to see why the two lights located in the vortex are not working. I tried simply replacing the bulb with another that I know was working, the bulbs still failed to light. I popped the hood and located the two bulbs from underneath. There I found a yellow wire that was hanging loose, it appears to come from the bulbs that are not functioning. Is there anyone who can help identify where/what this wire gets soldered to? Perhaps a picture of the bottom of your playing field? Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you

“in the vortex” suggests that you are refering to gi lamps. check if the nonfunctioning lamps each have at least one wire attached to both leads of the lamp sockets.
A. If yes, check if these connections if they have continuity with other functioning gi lamps.
a1. If yes, then probably the yellow wire is unrelated, maybe the sockets are defective
a2. If no, then go to the next line
B. If no check if the yellow wire has continuity with other functioning gi lamps
b1. If yes, then probably the yellow wire is the one you need - check what this wire is connected to and if it has voltage (check for ac for gi)
b2 If no, then you’ll need to fix a broken connection elsewhere

1 week later
#5079 2 years ago
Quoted from PatWoodrailLVR:

can anyone with a manual also list the fuse values from top to bottom for me? I ordered a manual but it won't be here for a week or so.

The manuals for Williams games should all be available at the International Pinball Database ipdb.org

1 year later
#5711 1 year ago

I’ve used leds in the gi, but left the inserts mostly incandescent - except the blue planets which always seemed kind of dark with incandescents. I kind of like the slow smooth light show on the matrix in front of the visor - I’m guessing with leds this doesn’t look as nice.

2 months later
#5837 11 months ago

I had a cool shot today - ball hit the remaining drop target to get another planet then on to lock itself in the visor - one of the joys of pinball, those random unexpected shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.