20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2455 5 years ago

Working on a dead Pinbot. So far I have it up and running. My last issue is with the sound test. I have background music and the music test works. How many sounds are in the sound test and is there a voice on the game?

#2459 5 years ago

Another question is, My sound board doesn't have a chip in the U19. After looking at many different pictures on the net I see some have this chip and some don't. Any info on it?

#2462 5 years ago

A better list of the what it is doing and not doing.
1:When game boots up it doesn't make a tone sound.
2:When pressing the SW1 on the CPU board it doesn't make a tone sound there.
3: When entering "sound" test in the test menu it doesn't make any sounds.
4: doesn't have the U19 rom on the sound board.

What it does do is:
1: When entering "music" test in the test menu. It does play music.
2: when playing the game it does play background music.
3: Just for the heck of it. I through the U21 and U22 "sound roms in my Cyclone. When entering the sound test they do play sounds in that game. So at least I know the roms are good.

All roms are original.

7 months later
#2980 5 years ago

Flasher LED question. If I want to run LEDS in the playfield flashers. Do I need to remove any of the resistors in the lamp boards?
Have a pinbot that has LED flashers. The two on the left stay on but do flash brighter at times.

pinbot flash (resized).jpgpinbot flash (resized).jpg
#2981 5 years ago

Solved: Removed the warming resistor and all good.

#2994 5 years ago

Getting down and dirty with the Pinbot. Did a deep clean on the playfield. Fixed several flasher issues, adjusted a couple switches, tweaked the eye kick outs so they drop right to the flippers and not SDTM. Rebuilt and upgraded flipper mechs to WPC style springs. Added apron light, shooter gauge light and GI lights behind the visor. Also added fuses to the bridges.

63DA5F7C-BB3F-4E95-8875-BBF65B910368 (resized).jpeg63DA5F7C-BB3F-4E95-8875-BBF65B910368 (resized).jpegE364D04E-38F1-47B6-A2A5-09A2E15E1071 (resized).jpegE364D04E-38F1-47B6-A2A5-09A2E15E1071 (resized).jpegECF54F66-EA69-4B9D-B732-B8103EE4805C (resized).jpegECF54F66-EA69-4B9D-B732-B8103EE4805C (resized).jpeg
#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Is there a adjustment for this? Or just bend the kicker a bit ?
Mine has an odd kick out for the right eye - comes pretty close down the middle.
Thx.

Changed sleeves, cleaned and still had to bend kicker a little.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Are you using 1251 bubs in the face? Sound like you may be using 89 flashers incorrectly there.

When I bought mine. It had 1251's in every flasher including the topper.

4 weeks later
#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Reinstalled everything and from testing it looks like every hit on any target in the bank (both vertical and horizontal) is making two chest lights light up. I tried resetting to factory with no change. I tried setting it on hard mode without any change.
The fact that all the targets are having the same behavior makes me think it is a setting issue?

Mine lights up two lights also. Actually always thought this was the way it was supposed to be. I'm on factory setting except free play. We have one in our league that has the tournament roms in it and that one only lights up 1 light at a time.
Does it say in the manual how many lights per shot?

#3228 5 years ago

Ok, I think I figured it out.
I found an old thread where someone had the same question and they came to the conclusion that the rules for PinBot say that two lights will light per target hit for the first time you open the visor. After that it is one light per hit. I played PinBot on Visual Pinball and the same thing happens so it is apparently the way it is supposed to be. Oh well, at least I cleaned my visor targets and know how to remove that bank now!

That’s what I thought. And the tournament roms make it only one light the first time.

#3233 5 years ago

So now the weird gets weirder. I replaced the power cord on my machine because the one it came with had the ground prong removed from the plug. Soldered in the new wire, same configuration as the old one. Powered back on the machine, now it is giving me a switch 45 check (energy transfer) and the really strange thing is most of the coils are no longer firing. Went to coil test and the pops fire and the slings fire but nothing else.
I'm wondering if there was an issue with the machine before that someone patched by removing the ground prong? Is that even possible? I'm kinda out of my depth now.

Don't know. But one way to find out is put the old wire back on. See what happens.

#3238 5 years ago

Had mine for over 15 years and it’s going nowhere.

1 week later
#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Aside from that, I imagine tournament roms don't carry over unearned jackpot (solar value) to the next game for opponents to collect? I'm curious what other differences there are (if any) with tournament roms?

There is a read me file in the download for the roms at IPDB. It gives a list of what all is different.

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

A bad display can also cause issues on other displays. Hook them up one by one and see how if the problem changes.

If I remember correctly a internally shorted display will cause a bright segment and flickering in other displays. I would try just testing each display one at a time to see if one causes the issue. If it does then that one is bad.

1 week later
#3364 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I want to take a minute to say f*ck this POS vortex ramp and the horse it road in on!!! I just spent 3 hours trying to line it up. I moved the ramp, I moved the shooter, I shimmed the shooter, I took off rubbers, I put on smaller rubbers, I changed shooter springs to every color they make! It is impossible! I am so pissed off! There has to be a way to fix this. Were these just garbage coming from the factory?

What problem are you having?

#3371 5 years ago

I had to bend the two tabs on the shooter gauge back a little so the ball sets closer to the tip of the shooter rod. And center the rod to hit dead center on the ball. It still gives some rattle but makes it to the top all the time if you pull full.

1 month later
#3557 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

The previous owner of the pinbot had apparently problem to replace the old leg screws I tried hard to remove them but it's not so easy - there's a big resistance. Can you advise me how to unbolt them?
[quoted image]

If worse comes to worse. You can just cut off the head and replace the whole leg bracket.

#3564 5 years ago

Sadly after 15 years of ownership I'm out of the club. Sold my Pinbot yesterday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.