20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4242 4 years ago

I had the issue where the machine would intermittently reset when the visor would open or close. I never was able to pinpoint the issue. The motor switches worked fine. All my voltages were good. I went with the prevailing wisdom and pulled the power board, reflowed all the header pins and replaced all the caps.

Now several dozen plays in with no resets!

Thought I would post for anyone with a similar problem down the road.

#4243 4 years ago

Has anyone successfully installed side mirrors in a Pinbot?

My cabinet has very little room between the cabinet and playfield. I’m not certain I could fit them even if I decided to try.

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

OK, so I've switched my PinBot over to LED flashers, and they are pretty kickass. The sling domes are really punchy now, and the sun insert is SUPER bright, which I'm really liking. Only problem is, now when the visor opens, it's kind of anticlimactic. I have some ideas about how to make it more thrilling, but it sure would be easier if the bulbs in there weren't those stupid 1251s, running at 24v. Poking around, I found this tidbit:
"To replace these #1251 lamps by 12V-LED flashers I used several 7812 voltage regulators under the playfield and behind the insert board to lower the SOL.B+ to 12V for the LED flashers. (Instead of that you may add a matching resistor to form a voltage divider)"
Sounds great! But I don't understand where you'd wire them in. It can't be all that hard, and it's a $2 Radio Shack run to boot.
Here's my vision: put ultraviolet bulbs in there, and run a small strip of UV LEDs under the visor plastic, maybe with a plastic shield so that it isn't glaring the player right in the face. Have the whole interior flooded with blacklight (red + blue = purple, get it?). All those things can be had in 12V, but it's diffifcult/impossible to find them in 24V. I've only found one source for 1251 LEDs, and nothing for 24V strips which aren't sold in large, expensive rolls.
How do we add those voltage regulators?

Here was my idea.

For each side I re-wired the two visor flashers in series with an added star post flasher, also in series. These 3 flashers were wired in parallel with the original saucer flasher with allowed me to leave the flasher resistor boards unmolested. So 8 flashers total, 4 for each side. I am quite pleased with the result.

#4246 3 years ago

I hooked up a Polk 10 external sub to Pinbot and I can confidently say that if you are as big a fan of Pinbot’s sound and music as I am, you will be very pleased.

#4247 3 years ago

I added some under-cabinet LED strips to jazz up the lighting a bit. I tied in to the topper flashers to make it dynamic.

1 month later
#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Gameplay/description of the PEMBOT mod described by idealjoker
Gameplay starts at 6:30
Description at beginning

Than is very interesting! Where would one find this ROM and is it still being worked on?

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

The code is called "PEMBOT (no relation)" and is currently in beta testing. Near the end of the video you can see a bug. I just spent the last fun-filled 15 minutes implementing a fix, and hope to test it over the next few days. I am sure there are other bugs to iron out. Once the code is stable, I would like to provide a patch for the PinBot L5 code.

Sounds great! Can you post a link to the changelog or whatever the proper term is?

5 months later
#4436 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The pinbot i bought has this set up. Red/blue on each side. I hate it.
When i eventually shop it, i'll go back to white in the gi. I feel like with the red/blue its too dark.

Pinbot such a dark playfield that it benefits from white G.I. Adding lighted star posts does help as well as accent the red/blue theme.

E5B70BCC-1BC8-42F5-91BC-0CA53B430EB6 (resized).jpegE5B70BCC-1BC8-42F5-91BC-0CA53B430EB6 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from imadork8:

Got it all fixed! The switch underneath was just bent out a little too far and not making contact. Just slighly bent it back closer and all is good!
Thanks again.
One final question, I'm kind of afraid to ask... Has anyone experience the game just stoppping and restarting mid-play? This has happened a handful of times to me, during a long round. Can't pinpoint excatly when all of them would happen, but this last time it restarted after getting the helmet/visor open for a seond time in one round and getting the ball into one side. Game goes black, and spits the ball out and is back at the start up phase.

Mine would intermittently reset whenever the visor would open or close. I looked and looked for a short or some specific issue but ultimately gave in and re-capped the power supply board and all was well.

11 months later
#5032 2 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Have the topper domes ever been reproduced or any for sale? Been looking for a long time with no luck.

Yes. A guy on here was selling them recently.

#5033 2 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Have the topper domes ever been reproduced or any for sale? Been looking for a long time with no luck.

Found it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/98819

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.