20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3476 5 years ago

I used to be a fan of the liquid wax but not any more. They are all far to messy. Once you go Blitz you never go back. It is pricey but looks great without getting your posts all nasty.

6 months later
#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys I need to order some
White gi bulbs from comet today. I HATE the red/blue ones in there now.
Which ones look good? Frosted?

Normally I use the sunlight frosted for 90% of the game I install LEDs in. That is all except for space games. I think the cool white frosted give it a cleaner space look.

1 month later
#3895 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Has anyone installed the mirrored mini-playfield that’s on eBay? How does it look on the game? How has it held up after hundreds or thousands of plays? Is it worth the asking price?
ebay.com link[quoted image][quoted image]

I have it installed in my game with a black Jack*Bot ramp. It is a personal taste thing. These were made by CPR a couple different times and are top quality. You can get the normal issue one for about 1/2 price from their website.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/pinbotmini/

1 week later
#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, just got over to the bar…same issue with this bridge board. Same exact rectifier on this bridge board. The only thing that seems weird to me is the circled resistor on the power board was covered with a white powder. Idk how those broke resistors pop. Any more thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a "fire" resistor. They get hot and are packed in that little ceramic box for that reason. I doubt it failed. They are pretty tough plus super easy to test. Find out what the value should be from the schematic and test with your multi meter. My guess is that it is fine.

2 years later
#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from Veemonroe:

Hi folks,
I’ve just traded my Flash Gordon for a PinBot (not arrived yet), but it’s a Cirsa one with the different shaped inserts. The (MDF) playfield is in decent condition, but there’s damage to the sun insert - so, I was going to hard top it.
I wondered if anyone had any experience with either hard topping an MDF playfield, or swapping a Cirsa playfield with a Williams one?

I never go the hardtop route if a replacement playfield is available. It might cost a little more but the end result is far better and totally worth it.

#5432 1 year ago

Heck, planet chasing is the main goal of Pinbot when I play.

1 month later
#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hey guys, i'm at work wondering about the GI on pinbot.
Prior owner has the all red all blue on the sides, and i loathe it.
I want to redo it, but wondering if i have to pull the plastics on top, OR, hopefully, the sockets/bulbs can be changed from below by just unscrewing the sockets and changing.
Anyone know?

If memory serves, I think a lot of those socket are stapled in. You have to pull the plastics to get to them all.

2 weeks later
#5598 1 year ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

When I pre-bend the ROM legs so that they are vertical there is typically very little force needed to insert the chips. The attached images shows a brand new chip on the right. Inserting this into a socket is a pain because the legs on one side act as springs making it hard to align the legs on the other side. On the chip on the left I used a pair of pliers to bend the legs vertical. This chip slides into my sockets like butter.
Sometimes I change my ROMs a dozen times during a single coding session. I used to install ZIF sockets for this but now I don't even bother. With straight legs and as decent pry tool swapping is a breeze.
[quoted image]

I do this too. My method for straightening the legs is different. I just just push one side of the the IC against a hard surface and the do same to the opposite side. Takes seconds and make things much easier.

2 weeks later
#5617 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Hmm seems to me more like a cool way for the ball to return to a different flipper after hitting the ramp.

The design of that crossover ramp looks very flawed to me. First of all, there is nothing to guide it on the wire form. I think most balls would just fall to the playfield instead of riding the wires. The second problem is dropping off to the in-lane. There is nothing there preventing a fast rolling ball from just rolling across the slingshot plastic to the out-lane.

2 months later
#5770 1 year ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Does anybody else have this on on their topper?
It’s in the left-front corner. I have no idea what’s it for.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Obviously, that's a good place for a Stick Up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.