20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JCO25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4926 2 years ago

Howdy!

I just got my Pinbot today! Everything lights up, tested out coils. Only problem is the visor won't lock up, even after the coil test made it go up and down.
Any advice on how to fix this? Really wanted to play it tonight.
Thanks!

#4929 2 years ago

Aniraf Thanks for that. Will look at after dinner.

Also, is that what the message "Give Me Sight, Lock My Eyes" mean? It has said that a few times.

#4933 2 years ago

henrydwh

Understood. My problem is that when I booted up the game, the visor was already open and the game won't even start, even after I loaded the two balls.
The visor just doesn't close all the way. What could I do to fix this? Anything else that could cause the game to not start up?

#4935 2 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

If the visor motor switches don't register showing the visor up and visor down the game will not start. Something is likely wrong with one or both of these switches.

Go into switch test and try to toggle both of the visor motor switches by hand and make sure they are working properly.

Thank you for the help. I will try this out and keep you guys updated.

#4954 2 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

My apologies, I thought you were asking about game play.

Yes, when you first power on the game the visor needs to complete an open and close cycle.

Update: So Pinbot is working now. One of the problems was no continuity between the ball tilt switch and a blue switch. This caused trough switch 2 not to read. A tech and I looked it over. Now this is odd: when I start the game, drop targets act fine. But when I start another game, the drop targets continue to reset without going all the way up. Could this be a coil issue now or something else?

#4956 2 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Start with the simple stuff first. I've seen some seriously hacked drop target assemblies including one with a raggedy homemade reset plate... I've also seen plungers and coil sleeves lubricated, which is a big no-no. Be sure the coil sleeve is in good condition and clean, coil isn't melted internally from locking on, that the plunger moves freely by hand. Look for lube on the drop target slides; IIRC there is an "official" Williams drop target lubricant, but it's possible it has gummed up over the years, or someone has applied an incorrect lubricant. I'd also wonder if maybe springs had broken and been replaced with some that are a little too strong.
Richard

Thank you Richard. I will look into these things and update you guys.

#4974 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

JCO25

I agree with Richard, check the little stuff. One thing I would add is if you have had it apart a few times, the motor bearing sleeve may have come off, got stuck in the slot next to the shaft or is sticky with old greasy stuff.
[quoted image]

Thank you guys very much. I looked over the coil sleeve for that and the drop targets too. When I turned the game on, it said adjust switch 40, the raising and lowering of the ramp. Spring looks good, coil sleeves ok. Thank you someotherguy and thetylander for your help! I will update if anything odd happens.

#4988 2 years ago

Update: I think this is a CPU thing. The drop targets near the ramp of Pinbot: Once you complete a cycle, they continually go up and down without resetting properly. I tested them last night and when I turned on the game (first 2-3 times) drop targets were acting fine. Second time I turn game on, the drop targets continually go up and down. Is this a CPU thing?

#5010 2 years ago

Update: So the drop targets are now working. Turns out they needed to get lubed up. Pinbot should be working 100% now

#5014 2 years ago

Mrg50 @flashball: The tech used something called dry-slick. Not a lube, but some fluid to help the drop targets. He did that and since then, they have been playing normally. He said you can find it on Marco.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JCO25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=JCO25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.