20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiatsRUs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1192 7 years ago

I just acquired a Pinbot and I am in the process of bringing it back to life. Does anyone have (or is willing to make) a drawing of their playfield and the locations and colors of the various LEDs they installed?

#1207 7 years ago

Does anyone know a source for Pinbot decals? I need a helmet decal (the large piece at the very top of the playfield, not the visor) and the decals for the blue ramp. I was able to contact Jeff at Classic Arcades and he said maybe, but he has not responded to phone calls, emails or texts for a week since then. I can't seem to find a source in searching the internet.

#1210 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yes please, if someone as a file I'll print my own.
Please PM. Thanks!

I need that sticker also. Please PM if you have a file and I'll make a waterslide decal.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Does anyone know a source for Pinbot decals? I need a helmet decal (the large piece at the very top of the playfield, not the visor) and the decals for the blue ramp. I was able to contact Jeff at Classic Arcades and he said maybe, but he has not responded to phone calls, emails or texts for a week since then. I can't seem to find a source in searching the internet.

I found a place called "Collectible Heaven" that has some listed but they don't have a phone number or a way to email them (that actually works). Does anyone have a phone number or an email address for them?

Here is the link to their site (collectibleheaven.com does not work and emailing to [email protected] fails):

http://home.myfairpoint.net/vze4wvk3/id12.html

PINBOT DECALS

#31-1402-VORTEX PINBOT (Williams)
Vortex ramp decals
$19.99

31-1402-1 HEAD PINBOT (Williams)
Playfield Head decals
$29.99

#31-1401 PINBOT (Williams)
target decals
$4.99

Cabinet Stencil Set
PIN-BOT $125.00

Head Stencil Set
PIN-BOT $54.99

Backglass Translite
PINBOT $59.99

#1213 7 years ago

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:I need that same big decal but have not been able to find one online anywhere. It has been recommended that I contact Jeff at Classic Arcades but I haven't - glad to hear that you are trying. I'll do the same this afternoon and report back.

I just got ahold of Jeff at Classic Arcades. I will let you know what I find out about the helmet decal and I am also looking to get the ramp decals.

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I just got ahold of Jeff at Classic Arcades. I will let you know what I find out about the helmet decal and I am also looking to get the ramp decals.

I sent pictures to Jeff of the decals I needed. I still haven't heard back from him so I'll keep trying!

Cliffy restored a Pinbot and used a decal from Jeff, so there appears to be hope ("Jeff McAfee's great helmet decal" is at the bottom of the page per this link): http://www.passionforpinball.com/pinbot4.htm

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I tried twice today. No answer and he hasn't responded to texts or email. Maybe somebody else can get through...........

3 weeks later
#1299 7 years ago

Does someone have a factory manual from which they'd be willing to scan the schematics from for the sound board? I have the one from IPDB and it's not of very good quality. PM me and I'll send you an e-mail address. Thanks in advance.

Regarding the sound board, I have the voice with my Pinbot but no music. I have swapped in a good MPU from a Jokerz so that does not seem to be the issue. This is my first experience with a Pinbot so I don't even know what the music is supposed to sound like. The sound board has been recapped and I have a new sound ROM for U4 on order. Where do I start trouble-shooting the board? I have a probe and a digital-multimeter.

#1303 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I can scan that for you, sent me your Email. Have you checked the +5, +12 and -12 volts. The board wont work without all three voltages.

I checked the voltages and they are all good at J3. There is activity on the board (when using the probe), but I don't have a clue as to what chips to check or what the probe should read.

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You have an O scope for testing? Check for an audio signal at C-3.

No scope. Can I check it with a probe?

#1311 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Now just because you rebuilt the transistor portion of CPU doesn't mean you have fixed your problem. You should have a logic probe to test this further.

Grumpy is right! I had a similar problem with a project Pinbot that I purchased and I wish I had read his advice before I started trying to fix it.

I had a short at Q9 (it runs the three 1251s for the right eye on the playfield). I incorrectly assumed a bad transistor since I could find no short in the circuit. I replaced Q9 and Q5, and I turned the machine back on. Q9 quickly smoked and burned, and I was back where I started.

I ran Leon's test chip on the MPU and discovered that the PIA at U10 was bad. I replaced it and the 7408 at U18 since it is in the circuit with Q5 and Q9. I put the MPU back in and wired a 2 amp fuse in the circuit at J12-2 (the wire from Q9 on the MPU to the 1251 bulbs for the right eye). I turned on the game and the fuse blew the first time the 1251 lights were to be turned on. The fuse saved all of my work from melting once again.

I went back to investigating the 1251 circuit and discovered that the previous owner had unknowingly dropped a screw into one of the 1251 sockets and then forced a bulb on top of it. That triggered a dead short only when the transistor at Q9 "closed" and the resulting short probably ruined all of the MPU components in the circuit (Q9, Q5, U18 and U10) before the special solenoid fuse on the power supply blew. I removed the offending screw and everything now works fine.

As a side note, I (not knowing any better) used a 74LS08 at U18 and it works fine. Should I replace it with a 74HCT08?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiatsRUs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=FiatsRUs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.