IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

7,400,000 is my highest score. Mine is set to 'Install Hard'. PinBot when it was in the arcades always kicked my butt. Today it will still kick my butt. I have only reached the 'Sun' 4 times in the past 2 years. It is a real fun game.

2 weeks later
#61 10 years ago

In a quick shot to the left ramp, the only time the ball will hit the glass is when the left ramp is lifting at the time the ball meets the ramp. I have had this happen a few times.
Give this a try. By hand shoot the ball up the ramp, the roll over should not cause the ball to bounce off the ramp. The roll over may be loose and is jambing up. The ball maybe forcing the roll over wire to one side, and this is making the ball bounce. Pushing it the roll over switch with your finger may not be the same action that the ball rolling over it. If you can replicate the issue, great.

#71 10 years ago

On my Pin*Bot. The rebound off the visor will create an air ball. I have had the ball bounce up between the cover and the lower plastic. Also a few times over the visor cover then it rolls off. Also a wierd shot once up through the pop bumpers, up the red spiral ramp, landing in the 5000 point hole.

3 months later
#90 10 years ago

Today I finally made a remote battery holder. The batteries are now safely sitting in the bottom of the back box. With some wire, a battery holder from The Source(Radio Shack). I think Vid1900 would be proud. I have always checked the batteries and replaced them regularly, but now it was time to get them off the board. Nothing fancy but it seems to be working. Note to self: When soldering, pay attention, do not reach for the soldering iron and look up the TV at the same time.

2 months later
#156 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Just setup pinbot after returning from pin-a-go-go. 489 plays total. That's a new game every 3.9 minutes!
Every body loved the blue/red displays. The displays caught their attention and got them playing.

Sometimes you will not even use the left flipper. LOL.

5 months later
#268 9 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Testor's plastic model cement to glue it? Testor's melt/welds parts together

Plastic models are made from polystyrene, the Testers will not hold. As Jibmums has written a small metal brace should be added under that glued connection. This will give the adhesive more area to grip.

#269 9 years ago

Various things happen. Sometimes it smacks nastily into the post to the left of the ramp entry. Sometimes it ricochets into the pops. Sometimes a full plunge has enough backspin that the ball can only just make it to 5,000. And sometimes it shoot smoothly and tightly up the vortex, just like it's supposed to.
I've moved the plunger assembly around, but it's easy to tell when it's situated correctly - not too far up or down and aligned with the slot the ball rests over. One variable I haven't explored is changing the spring. It's always had a red spring, what kind are the rest of you guys using? Considering getting the next step down and see if that helps at all.
I love the concept of the skill shot, and not being able to use it dependably in competitive play is just what makes me the craziest. It's so cool when it works! But mine mostly doesn't, and it really diminishes the game.

Marco lists 4 different springs. With the strongest spring you will risk breaking the top of the Red Spiral. Some one with a parts manual may have the right part number for the correct spring. A I was looking through the Game Manual it does not even have the plunger assembly broken down.

1 week later
#287 9 years ago

Here's a question for you all: in stripping down the play field, I saw for the first time that there are 2 bulbs underneath Pinbot's inner "face" plastic. Mine were completely absent; are they supposed to be #89s or are these #1251s? The manual is pretty cryptic on this.

There are 2 in there, and if I remember it correctly they are #89's. These only light up when the visor is open.

2 weeks later
#301 9 years ago

From the manual, on page 37. Power Supply.
F1 is 1/4 Amp 250v SB. F2 is 4 Amp 250v SB. as written,

2 months later
#397 9 years ago

On playing Pin*Bot does it seem to you that the upper red lamp is usually the last one to hit, to open the Visor? It always seems to be the last light not lit, on my pin.

3 weeks later
#472 9 years ago

^^^^ I've had a Pin*Bot for 4 to 5 years, and have only 'Ruled the Universe' twice. Quite the light and sound show when it is completed.

2 weeks later
#486 8 years ago
Quoted from chipleader:

That goes over the ramp lift mechanism.

Ramp.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Definitely missing on my Pin*Bot. It could actually have two functions. Supporting that blue plastic, at its thinnest area. Also protecting the ramp lift mechanism from ball strikes. Any replacement plastics do not have that part installed.

This falls under the heading, "Learned something new today".

1 week later
#522 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Huh, really? That's just weird to me, because the skill shot is the way to massive points, almost more so than the Solar Value. Not making the skill shot almost guarantees that I won't be able to roll it over.

Soft plunge missing the pop bumpers. Catch the ball with the flippers. With the first shot hit the Visor Target that is lit. Opens Visor. Lock ball right away.

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Isn't the highest scoring opportunity building the vortex shot up and repeatedy collecting it, up to 100k x 10x x 2x (if in multiball) for 2M points. Once you've collected the solar value it's reset, right? To me it seems like soft plunge misses the opportunity to get the building of the vortex multiplier rolling, but I don't play tournaments so what do I know?

There is a PAPA video and this his how he started the game. I am a mediocre player at the best. So I to go for the Vortex Shot. The blue ramp shot to the shooter lane, will help in getting the ball up the Vortex later in the game.

4 months later
#685 8 years ago

Had the most pathetic game in a while, on PIN*BOT, 189,000 points. Tried to photograph it but could not time it right. It is a game that can kick your butt in no time. 3 balls launched 3 balls drained. Frustratingly Fun!

1 year later
#1054 7 years ago

Also, I tell people at every opportunity, if you back out wood screws, remember to "find" the original thread cut by turning them back until you feel the screw click into place - you should be able to easily start it back into the wood by hand. Otherwise you're cross-threading into the plywood, which you don't want.

Best Advice I've seen on Pinside for quite some time.

4 weeks later
#1146 7 years ago

This is why I have a love hate relationship with Pin*Bot. This morning, played 1 game, and then quickly reached down, and turned it off.
20161003_075410_001 (resized).jpg20161003_075410_001 (resized).jpg

That is 72,050 points with all 3 balls! However it did give me the Match Score.

3 months later
#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Interesting (and ugly) addition to Pinbot. I guess the previous owner was having ball hang ups here.
Hopefully it will come off without damaging the plastic.

That metal piece is correct. It deflects balls from the arm of the lifting ramp. It was originally held down with 2 sided tape. The adhesive is under those 2 tabs on the metal part. Not like in your pin with what looks like hot glue.

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

I hunted back through this thread and saw that this part is missing on many Pinbots, so lots of photos without the piece

There is a great photo on this Thread, post #484 by Chipleader. This metal part falls off easily as the adhesive they used originally, dries out and fails. Some Pinsiders have also suggested that the part has a second function of helping to strengthen that blue playfield plastic.

I can remember seeing one in the bottom of my PinBot, but at that time I was not sure what it was for. Hopefully I never tossed it out, and just put it a storage bin.

2 months later
#1481 7 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Ah HA thanks JeffZee that seems to be whats missing on mine. I see whatcha mean that it can still get stuck, but as mine is now it rolls down and gets stuck no matter where it lands on that plastic. With the post it looks like it would have to fly up and land between the post and flasher to get caught... Thanks again!

If needed, you could put a small rubber ring or cut down a rubber collar. Slip it onto the post. On my PinBot the post is just metal and looks like the other ones photographed above.

7 months later
#1871 6 years ago

That shot that hits the 3 drop targets is very satisfying indeed. Hitting 2 drops, then the ball continues up, bounces off the post, rolls down to strike the lower, still standing target, is a fun shot to make.

3 months later
#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Have not tried warming them, I may get the heat gun out and try it.

Suggest using the heat gun. Use it on a medium setting, and ever so carefully try to peel off the old stickers. Carefully!!

#2029 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Are there red lamps in place of the 1251s? This is kinda cool.

That shiny bracket that is stuck to your large blue playfield plastic, is usually missing on most PinBots. It protects the ramp lift from air balls.

1 month later
#2336 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Pretty solid 1st ball. Never played a game like that in my life!

If that score is 10,008,250. Then ya great ball! If that is 8,250 points, that is a lot like the 3 ball games on my Pin*Bot. 3 balls played, not even getting to use the left flipper.

9 months later
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Can someone tell me if this little cover for the ramp lift arm is stock? As you can see, someone crudely screwed and glued the one on my PinBot together. I don’t know if this is needed.
This was covering the lift arm on that movable ramp to the left of the playfield.
[quoted image]

That metal bar is stock. But it was just attached with thin double sided tape. It has the purpose of protecting the lift arm from ball strikes. Also it might stiffen up the long blue playfield plastic, at its weakest point. On most PinBots that bar has fallen off long ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=Darcy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.