20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 9 years ago

Just putting the finishing touches on mine. A playfield restore with clearcoat and a pretty thorough cleanup.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curbfeelers-pinbot-restored

Dan

2 weeks later
#279 9 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

That loop broke. I still have it, was wondering about just using Testor's plastic model cement to glue it?

Check out Bondic plastic weld. It's UV cured and will do what you want.

#280 9 years ago

So a friend of mine just created a mod for The Walking Dead LE that lights up a shot on the game that was previously a bit dark. The thing is that shot on TWDLE is very similar to the Solar Value standup shot on Pinbot. I'm thinking of getting one of this mods and installing it on my pinbot. What do you guys think?

Mod Post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light#post-2032175

Video:

Dan

#282 9 years ago

So you'd get a glow from under the ramp when you collect the Energy Value shot

Not sure. I'll help him try several variations, and we'll see what looks best. Stay tuned.

Dan

1 week later
#292 9 years ago

That sounds worth copying

My friend is getting close on a prototype, so stay tuned. The version he's making uses a microcontroller to flash red under the made shot and then it fades away as the ball exits. I've seen it on TWDLE, and it's very cool.

A non-microcontroller version where you're just hard-wiring lamps to the inserts would of course work as well but would not have the fading effect. It would also light that area in red during the jackpot shot, which would not be the desired effect but would not be a huge deal.

At any rate, I'm not affiliated with the mod at all, just encouraging him to make it and helping with R&D using my machine. Everything I find in R&D regarding best placement of the lights, etc. will be passed on to the community, so anybody who wants a DIY version can of course make one.

Dan

2 weeks later
#310 9 years ago

Mine wasn't quite that bad in spots, worse in others. it's a lot of work, but I made mine look showroom quality. You can mask and spray anything, don't you know!

298040.jpg298040.jpg

Here's the link to my restoration if interested. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curbfeelers-pinbot-restored. I followed Vid's guide almost to the letter.

As far as the planking, in the star field I actually did a fair bit of "wiping" on mine and also some repainting the planking lines with a very fine brush, but the key thing is to use the paint that Vid recommends. It's so far superior to the craft store crappy paints they should be outlawed.

3 months later
#489 9 years ago

Hi Pinbot fans. I started a thread to document my new project. A Pinbot re-write with all new rules powered by a P-ROC. Would love to have you guys drop by. Currently I've got a couple modes that I haven't decided what the rules should be, so can always use creative feedback and assistance in any way. My project is open source, not for profit and just a labor of love.

Dan

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annoucing-pinbot-20-p-roc-edition

#505 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

if you damage it attempting to repair it yourself you might have trouble getting the supplier to replace or refund.

Did you have to buy the decal separate? I'd be asking for a refund on both...

1 week later
#527 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

Funny, most competitive players never have an issue with the skill shot as they don't want to go into the pops so they soft plunge and dont even want the skillshot.

Funny, my Pin*bot 2.0 P-ROC features an alternate skillshot to soft plunge and catch on the left flipper then to hit a chaser shot for 200K.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annoucing-pinbot-20-p-roc-edition

I have pretty much the same experience described above.

Dan

#529 9 years ago

One thing that actually happens to me quite a bit is the "re-do" where I plunge for the vortex and it goes the past 100K or 20K then rolls backwards, skips over the 5K wire, rolls out of the vortex and drains without hitting a single switch. Then I get my ball back, no harm no foul since I failed to hit a single switch!!!

#531 9 years ago

Oh sorry, didn't describe it well. It drains, usually out the left outlane. Doesn't go back into shooter lane.

#533 9 years ago

Ahh, okay remembering it wrong then. Must be a SDTM. What I am probably remembering is that when the ball doesn't register the vortex and falls onto the flippers that I am letting it drain in order to get my redo. I know I've had it happen multiple times in a row on the same ball. I think the fix is to make sure the 5K wire is bent to stop the ball from bouncing back over it, but it's not something I've ever fixed.

Dan

#536 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Actually, now that I think about it there is a small gate there too.

Ahh, I did a total restoration and clearcoat. I bet mine's put back together wrong

Glad we talked...

Dan

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from Tanooki:

Well I own it now.

Congrats. Would love to see pics. There are several restore threads that I'd recommend you reading. They are a nice chance to see under the covers of the game and give you ideas how far to take your cleaning.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-refurb-time (defog)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/curbfeelers-pinbot-restored (mine)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-my-attempt-at-restoring-a-machine-and-a-community (NJGecko, really like this one)

I'd encourage you to take before and after pics and post in your own thread as well. Many nice people on here will help when needed and give encouragement.

Dan

PS: Welcome to the club!

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from Tanooki:

The plunger will not get the ball to the top of the vortex, it stops going up along the back side across from where 100K is which I'll need to investigate. Either the plunger coil is weak, or there's enough crap in there is just needs a good cleaning/polishing

There are many posts about this. Most of us have this issue at one point or another.

Quoted from Tanooki:

The two eyeball lights are out

These are actually specialty bulbs. They are likely out because somebody put in a #89 which works...until it doesn't.

2 months later
#659 8 years ago

I'm re-writing Pinbot's rules with a P-ROC and using a 4-ball trough. I need to get a video up soon of the crazy multiballs! It's kind of nuts.

Dan

EDIT: This video shows the concept, but I mean a video of knocking 4 balls around. It's crazy!

3 months later
#753 8 years ago

Hi guys. Been a while since I've posted in here about progress on Pinbot 2.0, P-ROC Edition. It's coming along very nicely. I've got my 4-ball multiball working, and it's pretty insane in gameplay.

I have a couple posts showing off the 4-ball multiball here. The second one shows live gameplay...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annoucing-pinbot-20-p-roc-edition/page/2#post-2760499
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/annoucing-pinbot-20-p-roc-edition/page/2#post-2765733

I'm definitely having fun with it, and I'd say it's 75% complete, maybe more. I was hoping at this point I might be able to poll a few fellow pinbot lovers for your thoughts. Most of the rules I've written seem like they are placeholders to an extent. They are what came to mind early on in development, not anything I'm in love with. Multiball is a perfect example. Currently I allow you to lock up to 3 balls for a 4 ball multiball. After that, I start flashing the green standup target as a way to open the jackpot. Once you open the jackpot, a left ramp make is the jackpot shot.

So, opinions on this? Should I do an under the ramp/over the ramp combo instead? Should I make you lock one/two balls back in the eyes? What do you guys think? One of the problems with programming a custom game like this is that the sky really is the limit. That can make it tough to decide what is the best choice.

Appreciate any help I can get.
Dan

1 month later
#787 8 years ago

All those spot targets seem full of potential to me...

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I agree those targets are nice ones. I have a mode (Uranus, the blue-green planet) where you have to hit all the blue-green horizontals and all the blue-green verticals, which essentially makes a tic-tac-toe pattern on the chest. I think you have 60 seconds or so to do this.

I can probably think of some other challenges to put before the player using these. Suggestions welcome.

The latest bit of fun I've been able to have is a sound upgrade for the old Pinbot. Never sounded so good!

20151107_200352-600x1067(1).jpg20151107_200352-600x1067(1).jpg

More info here on the build process of this speaker panel... http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1619.0

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I remember an interview with Barry Orsler saying they wanted to do some alpha letters using the chest lamp matrix but ran out of memory... Which was really expensive back then to justify adding another ROM just to do neat visuals on the chest matrix. But P-roc based Pinbot has no limitations... So my recommendation is use it to do mode call outs by scrolling mode names across it or do count down timers for mode start, or end of hurry-up count downs... Notice you can do a 10-
X XXX
X X_X
X X_X
X X_X
X XXX
So a count to a blast off, seeing as Pinbot is a space theme would be cool to start a mode or start the game. Also would be good for doing High score initial entry or scrolling the initials across. Lots of ways to use chest lamps. Make an arrow sign pointing to different shots via animation to direct player actions... Hit the left Targets <- or hit the right targets -> or use them to direct shots into eye sockets... Tons of stuff to do with them. It's a 5x5 DMD so you could do simple video modes like jump the planets where a single dot on the left has to jump over scrolling dots coming from the right... Imagination is the key to anything so let yours run free...
BH

Thanks so much for this. It's exactly the kind of suggestion I was hoping to get. Indeed, I can do this pretty easily and it will be great for my modes when I count down the last 10 seconds. Can't wait to implement this.

Dan

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Curbfeeler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=Curbfeeler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.