IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1449 7 years ago

I'm having a problem with a stuck right eye, any tips appreciated!

Here's the post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-right-eye-wont-eject#post-3613172

1 year later
#2349 6 years ago

Also in the in the 'does anyone know' category, does anyone have an alphanumeric display they'd be willing to sell? My top right one isn't working right, and I could sure use another one. Used is fine as long as it works.

4 months later
#2584 5 years ago

I just pulled mine off route today after it developed some weird power issues. It was getting regular use so it's time to shop out anyway. Now that I have it in my shop, I want to bullet-proof while I clean her up and fix her innards.

What should I do now that I can tear her apart at my leisure? I have to track down the power issues as it won't stay on and many of the backglass GI's aren't working (electrical issue), and the displays are starting to get sketchy.

Oh and here's my list of upgrades so far:
Freeplay40's ramps/visor + chaskett's AdvX sticker
Statictrance's hacked rom
Full Cliffys
Pop bumpers need rebuilding, so I may add lights to the caps.
??? any other ideas ???

I already have white LED GI and color-matched insert LEDs (Comets) and Titan rubber. Playfield is marginal - some planking but no major wear, no mylar (holding out for a new CPR). Upper playfield is really nice, red ramp is in great shape. Cabinet paint is really, really bad. Backglass signed by Oursler!

#2600 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

If you are having electrical issues and want to bulletproof, the first thing besides checking the supply and recapping it if needed would be to repin the connectors. I'd choose to replace anything with power circuits with Trifurcon Molex ( http://www.pinrepair.com/connect/ )

Thanks, I'm a big fan of Molex over IDC. I probably should repin everything.

#2618 5 years ago

Any ideas why music would work in test, in attract mode, and in multiball but not when the game starts?

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just a guess, but shooter lane switch not registering?

No, the shooter switch works fine.

Also I was wrong, it looks like only some of the music is working. In attract mode sometimes I hear five short thumps where the music should play. The game over song plays, in addition to the multiball song.

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have developed a Pinduino board for System 11 games! This opens up another great era of games for interactive lighting (and other mods) controlled by the open source Pinduino platform. The first game I've developed code for is pinbot. Let me know what you think!

Perfect timing, I just ordered one!

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Now one important thing to call out is if you replace your pop bumper body at this time (and it's a good time to do it) - the ones in Pinbot have the top shaved down a bit because of the mini playfield overhead. Just requires some modification.

Hey thanks for the heads up! I’m about to rebuild all my pops.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yeah they are, it's just the reflection from the backglass.
That's a a shinny game does.

Somebody should do them though, they look beautiful

#2645 5 years ago

Any advice for chasing down lamp columns that are connected?

Each lamp on column 3 is coming on when the corresponding lamp on 4 is lit and vice versa, e.g. Uranus and Yellow 2 both coming on when either is lit.

#2646 5 years ago

I measured IJ7 and got these values:
1: 5.1v
2: 5.2v
3: 5.2v
4: 5.1v
6: 7.8v
7: 5.7v
8: 11.2v
9: 5.1v

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Here's what I was thinking for the new custom decal for the freeplay40 translucent blue/red ramps. This would be large transfer decal in glossy black vinyl. Therefore all the stars and everything white would be the blue ramp. I'd do something similar for the right which would glow red. What does everyone think?
[quoted image]

Looks good, but why not do it 4 color? It would look way better with the grey, yellow and orange bands/outlines, and white stars on the black background, and the white stripes on the planet.

#2654 5 years ago

Ah, I see. So 4 color is out.

But I've been thinking, I'm not sure black will show up very well against the dark transparent blue. Very poor contrast.

How about light/medium blue? If the surface of the planet were the deeper blue seen on the plastic to the right, you could leave the 'sky' on the upper left without a decal. The deeper blues on the decal and the NASA lettering could then be empty, too, letting the transparent blue come through beneath. Much better contrast, much truer to the original IMO.

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Don't forget that the vinyl is opaque so its more of a play between light and shadow / positive and negative space than color hues. Any vinyl color will read as black when backlit in a dim setting. I really think black is the best choice in this situation.
To get the effect you are looking for you might be better off transfering your old sticker temporarily onto a cutting surface, cutting out any blue/red areas with an exacto knife, and them transfering the sticker to the new transparent ramp.

Oh, will it be underlit? I'm working on my Pinbot right now and I can only see one GI under the ramp, and that's under an opaque plastic.

I guess I'd have to see it installed.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Does anyone else have trouble getting the blue ramp exit switch to activate consistently? The switch is clean and gapped correctly and works when I use my finger every time. I'm thinking I need to maybe adjust the wire which sticks up through the ramp. Maybe bend it out towards the outer sidewall of the ramp.

Be careful bending the wireform, it can make things worse. Speaking from experience. But yes, this can help.

2 weeks later
#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from chaosrooster:

Has anyone out there heard of this one? I've had an issue with my Pinbot from the day I've owned it where every now and then the pop bumpers going off will activate the clear lift ramp to raise for no reason. Usually when this happens hitting any other switch in the game will activate the ramp again lowering it back down. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this isn't part of the game's rules, any idea how to fix it?

Sounds like there may be a loose switch somewhere, where vibration from the pops is enough to trigger a switch. I think the ramp is raised by hitting a lit drop target? I would look there.

#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I guess a pinball noob is still going to ask you which button to press and not even notice the flashing start button.

This. Flashing start button will not solve the root cause.

I have lost count of the number of times I've seen grown adults put money in one of my pinball machines and just sit there expecting it to start. This on machines with a big flashing light on the start button and a massive animation on the DMD with a finger pushing a button saying "PUSH START." A good number of them will give up and complain that the machine 'ate' their money, never looking on the front of the machine. Newer machines allow them to start by pressing the flipper buttons for this very reason.

1 week later
#2790 5 years ago

And since variety is the spice of life, Pinballlife has them too:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4693

#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Anyone have a source for 24v bayonet LEDs to replace the 1251 incandescents at the eyes?

I bought a slew of these (the 13 LED version) and they work great:

ebay.com link: Car Lamp BA15S 1156 13 18 24 30 5050 SMD LED Light Bulb DC12V AC DC 12 24V D

#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I also bought some of those eBay 13 led. Maybe just poor quality because they wouldn't work in my pinbot, but cointakers work great.

You have to cut the ground wires on the warming circuit for them to work.

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

All ground wires are cut.

You’re positive they’re 24v? I accidentally put a normal flasher in one of my 1251 sockets and it didn’t work.

Does the socket work with an incandescent 1251?

1 month later
#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know where to get new decals like the forever sold out ones on Bay Area Amusements? (attached)[quoted image]

Try http://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=pinbot+decal?

#2903 5 years ago

So my pinbot started developing a strange problem that has since turned terminal. It started throwing switch errors on boot. Then the same areas of all the displays started dropping certain lines. Now it boots, throws multiple switch errors, reboots and crashes hard.

I recently did a ton of work on this thing - power supply recapped, zener diodes to 91v, added a bridge board and solenoid protector board, etc.

Annoyed that it’s broken again so quickly. Any ideas what the culprit could be?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens
Backbox
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=Brijam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.