20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

'Bout time!

#21 10 years ago

Saved my pinbot from going to the dump. Repaired the flash lamp boards (classic case of resistors all over the bottom of cab), new drop target lift bracket, chest panel work, etc. Turned out great and I LOVE it.

5t.JPG5t.JPG 9oui.JPG9oui.JPG 45ytg.JPG45ytg.JPG rty.JPGrty.JPG ghjyt.JPGghjyt.JPG dfg.JPGdfg.JPG
#30 10 years ago

I removed mylar on mine without issue. Freeze spray and goo gone.. and elbow grease.

5 years later
#3482 5 years ago
Quoted from FelixTCat:

Why do I have a black vortex ?
[quoted image]

Holy shit!! That’s a Proto pinbot!!!

Rare, rare find. Think Willy Wonka and golden ticket.

#3494 5 years ago

Anyone looking to leave the club? (Temporarily) of course. Been in twice and looking to get back.

Pinbot seem to be the one pin that is hard enough and punishing enough to draw you back. It’s brilliant in design.

Looking to buy.

#3502 5 years ago

Looking to get back into the club.

If anyone is selling within a few hours drive from Erie Pa OR Buffalo NY, let me know.

OR if anyone is coming to Pinfest with one.

WTB.

#3510 5 years ago

I remember someone redid toppers.

Are they still available?

#3535 5 years ago

Guys:

I’ve run across a pinbot with what seems to be a vent in the backbox and I’m not sure if it’s factory or not. My old pinbot didn’t have it.

Has anyone’s pinbot have this vent as well?

4ECB7678-ED49-4659-9116-0F5A16DBB72F (resized).jpeg4ECB7678-ED49-4659-9116-0F5A16DBB72F (resized).jpeg
#3547 5 years ago

Anyone looking to get outta the club? I'm looking for a decent pinbot!

Gonna be at pinfest..

2 weeks later
#3600 4 years ago

Back in the club finally!!

48380125-BC14-42F8-BA0C-9296875E2CCD (resized).jpeg48380125-BC14-42F8-BA0C-9296875E2CCD (resized).jpeg52C0E82B-7A47-4CEE-B4B5-17B39BFBD5CD (resized).jpeg52C0E82B-7A47-4CEE-B4B5-17B39BFBD5CD (resized).jpegBD641595-0243-4F4F-82CE-B41F040A820A (resized).jpegBD641595-0243-4F4F-82CE-B41F040A820A (resized).jpeg
#3606 4 years ago

My visor does the same, which I know isn't correct. It should open once after grid is completed. I know it's fix is something to do with the two switches under the mech. Just haven't had time to tinker.

SIDE NOTE: most of these system 11s have horrid ball hop from inlane to flipper. Anyone try out Cliffy's new inlane guides designed to help this issue??

#3615 4 years ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

In my case, the issue was that the actuator arm of one of the visor switches was bent and blocked travel of the visor mech in one direction. This type of motor starts in an arbitrary direction and simply changes direction when travel in one sense is blocked. So whenever the motor started in the "good" direction, everything worked as it should, i.e. the visor opened and stopped. When the motor started in the opposite direction, on the other hand, the bent actuator eventually blocked travel (when the visor was open), which made the motor change direction, first closing the visor and then opening it.
Bending the actuator arm of the switch was all I had to do to fix the problem. It took me several attempts to get the mech to work reliably, but I have not had a single issue with the visor since.

Nice explanation as I'm dealing with this now. Someone (maybe you?) had posted a video on here showing the nob of the spinning motor hitting the switch actuator arm, stopping, and going the other direction. I'm assuming the motor is very touchy?

Anyway, I'm guessing you just bent that activator arm up just a tad so the motor could run under it and activate it?

#3617 4 years ago

Thanks.

I unscrewed my motor assembly last night and watched it work. The switches are perfect (unbent and aligned) and they test fine. However, the visor will still open more than once unnecessarily.

Somewhat stuck.

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

You tested the switches manually ? Can you tell if the assembly is worn or depresses the arms on the switches far enough to close the contacts inside ?

I did test them manually. They look and act perfect.

The only thing I noticed, and wondering now if it may be the issue, is one of the yellow motor wires is worn down a bit. Wonder if this would cause this specific issue?

#3624 4 years ago

Guys just installed Cliffys inlane guides. They’re kick ass!

Eliminated the ball hop from inlane to flipper.

Recommended!!

#3627 4 years ago

They look like the originals but a few millimeters thicker.

Recommend if you have annoying ball hop.

#3629 4 years ago

I see your issue. I'll check mine at home.

Did you remedy it in any way?

#3632 4 years ago

My cliffy doesn’t do that plutonium

#3637 4 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Do you have the enhanced version?

Must be. I think the packaging said that.

These are a must have I believe.

#3639 4 years ago

Having a weird issue:

Once in awhile, the music isn’t on during ball 1, just sounds. However, it’ll come on for ball 2 and 3. I wait for the “bong” upon startup too.

Any ideas? Anyone have this issue? My taxi does it sometimes too.

#3645 4 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

My Pinbot has a similar problem, turned out the -12v on the power supply was low, around -10v, which can cause resets on the sound board. It needs to be higher than 10.5.
I was able to fix the problem by replacing the capacitors on the power supply as they were original and dried out.

Thanks.

Wonder if I can swap
My taxi power supply to test.

#3661 4 years ago

Send cpu out for repair. Coin op cauldron.

3 weeks later
#3672 4 years ago

Anyone ever have issue with the ball triggering the second switch on the ramp? (The one right before the ball enters the bagatelle)

When it doesn’t hit this switch, you don’t get the jackpot!

I tried adjusting it, but it’s the type you can’t really adjust bc both ends of the switch are under the ramp.

Any thoughts?

#3674 4 years ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

You need to remove the ramp...

Annnnnd? Cmon. You’re teasing me.

1 week later
#3680 4 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Hey guys, got a question. I'm looking at a possible pinbot purchase. Sadly its sight unseen from overseas as part of a container buy. No pictures, description says "topper broken to the half , cabinet ruined one side . playfield ok . Not work , to check , boards seems good but was stopped a lot of years"
Price is going to be around $1000 with shipping.
Seems kind of high for a sight-unseen pinbot that probably won't work but on the other hand pins are getting tough to find. What do you think?

There are sooo many pinbots out there.

I'd CERTAINLY pass.

2 weeks later
#3688 4 years ago
0FF93855-7EFF-40A9-83A8-7A5AFD42C789 (resized).jpeg0FF93855-7EFF-40A9-83A8-7A5AFD42C789 (resized).jpegD5B22B4E-7F8F-4D1A-B668-47A16D0E7ED7 (resized).jpegD5B22B4E-7F8F-4D1A-B668-47A16D0E7ED7 (resized).jpeg
#3691 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

This is your A/C relay, not a GI relay.

Blackbeard has a snubber relay in place of the A/C relay, the lower pic is the GI relay.

Is there something wrong w this?

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

No, not a problem if the cap is installed reversed. But the cap and resistor are not needed.

I’m all belts and suspenders over here Grumpy.

1 week later
#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

???
If it was me I would just cut off the cap. It's not needed in this case.

Does it do any damage? Only thing I could think of is leakage>

#3700 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The leakage is just as bad as battery leakage.

Any idea why someone would put that on here if it's not factory??

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Because they didn't have an A/C relay and they know a snubber relay will work. Snubber relays were more prevalent on some machines like F-14.

Would there be any benefit to me switching it out for an ac?

1 month later
#3750 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Has anyone actually gotten to the sun with the game setup normally (tilt, pitch, 3 balls) and all? Seems like an epic feat.

Not once. Hard as hell.

2 weeks later
#3781 4 years ago

Guys: i purchased big daddy's power supply cap kit to rebuild power supply.

I have the caps, but no info on what cap goes where. The manual is a bit difficult to figure out which caps go where.

Is there a listing of what cap (ex. C10) goes with what size capacitor?

#3786 4 years ago

Grumpy: it looks like some
Of the caps on my ps are new. Is there a way to test them? I’d rather not replace them if not needed.

#3795 4 years ago

Guys, after work I'm going to rebuild the ps board with new caps.

As I'm using pinscore displays, I'd rather NOT replace the caps associated with the displays.

Which caps are these? Where on the ps are they?

#3808 4 years ago

So I changed out the caps on the power supply I could. I got that large one in the middle, and a couple smaller ones. C10 and C8 I believe I got.

One or two of the caps on the board already had NO + or - signs on them, AND the board itself didn't as well. One of the caps was even marked on the board with both sides as + !!

SO I left those two alone.

Played a few games without issue. My issues prior were on occasion the sound would hang on a note, and once in awhile there would be a reset. I think changing out that large C10, along with C8 helped smooth out the 5v line, which may have corrected the issue I was having.

Time will tell. Thanks to Grumpy for the help!

#3811 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Picture please.

Second pic: two pos symbols on both front and back of board.

First pic: no symbols on cap (silver cap, upper right in pic) or board.
5300DA05-DD3E-4D6D-8B41-432C2D279361 (resized).png5300DA05-DD3E-4D6D-8B41-432C2D279361 (resized).pngE4103FF8-0019-4EE5-9231-5B2C11C08642 (resized).pngE4103FF8-0019-4EE5-9231-5B2C11C08642 (resized).png

#3812 4 years ago

Clearly, one the cap with the 2 pos. markings, I could've just looked at the cap already installed and follow it. But I figured I'd just leave it as it didn't look ancient. Weird though with 2 pos markings on board sides of board.

#3815 4 years ago

GRUMPY:

No, in the first pic, I am talking about the little silver cap. NOT the high voltage ones.

The silver cap had no markings on it, nor did the board.

#3816 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Once that silver cap is removed, you will see the + or - marks.

It does look old.

Any idea what would be malfunctioning if it were failing?

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

This for the 5 volts and should be replaced. You will see the plus mark when removed, and it is also marked on the other side of the board.

Defintely isn't marked on the back of board.

I'll remove the cap and hopefully the symbols are under it.

Thanks guys!

#3821 4 years ago

The marking must be under it then.

I looked very carefully ON and all around the cap, and nothing. And def nothing on the back of the board.

#3824 4 years ago

Dude you should start a Resto thread. Love those!!

#3836 4 years ago

Where’s the visor available at?

#3840 4 years ago

Rules question:

I’m noticing that my skill shot isn’t multiplying by whatever ball number I’m on.

Ex. On ball 3, shouldn’t skill shot be multiplied by 3?

Mine isnt doing this. Or maybe I’m wrong and it isn’t multiplied by which ball is in play?

#3842 4 years ago

Thanks Jeff

So looks like all is fine.

#3847 4 years ago

Guys I need to order some
White gi bulbs from comet today. I HATE the red/blue ones in there now.

Which ones look good? Frosted?

4 weeks later
#3885 4 years ago

Pretty clever if you ask me

#3888 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Suggestions on this would be appreciated

How’s your ps cap situation?

#3891 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Ps? power source?

Yes. Likely needs rebuild. Post pic.

1 week later
#3914 4 years ago

Grumpy = The Man.

Following this repair and the one in space station thread.

1 week later
#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Is it normal for the game to fire the knocker several times when announcing problems (“check switch xyz” etc.) at boot?

Yes.

1 week later
#3954 4 years ago

Looks nice!

Very easy to shop
Too.

2 months later
#4141 4 years ago

Anyone see the recent pinbot listed? Absurd pricing.

Look at coin door and bonus multiplier decals.

Some people are crazzzzy....

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

If it’s towards the top it’s been re listed. I saw it the first time several weeks ago when it was posted and thought to myself, wow it does look good. But there’s not a Pinbot in existence that’s going to fetch near that much.

You gotta zoom in on the pics. The bonus multiplier decals are all messed up. And theres wear all over.

For that price you'd think you'd at least have a repro pf.

What a joke.

SIDE NOTE: how you liking that taxi? LOVE mine.

#4149 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is incredibly nice

I disagree.

If you look at the pf up close you’ll see wear. And those multiplier decals. Ugh

It’s a 2500 pinbot tops.

1 month later
#4215 4 years ago
Quoted from phalcon_2600:

Has anyone ever changed out all the mini posts on the mini playfeild to metal? How did you like it? Got any pics?

Not sure why you’d want to.

#4224 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'm thinking that it wouldn't suck to join the club...I've rarely seen projects.
What are the game-specific things to look out for on this pin?

I think the biggest thing for me is a blown out light grid. Although, there is a pretty nice decal available.

Make sure the visor functions properly. Other than that, not much to it. Check ramp flap works as it should.

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Game: Pinbot
Trouble: The ball will not eject into the shooter lane
Was playing fine started new game and it would not eject into the shooter lane.
All balls accounted for, I then performed a Switch Edge check, all check fine with the exception of Trough #2, which does not register. All other in that area do.
Checked switch and it works properly with DVM, I checked the diode it's operational.
Backbox, confirmed all connections in good order. Q44 for this switch is within spec.
I'm stumped.

Did you test q44?

1 month later
#4274 3 years ago

Diamond pearl
Clear.

I don’t
Color on legs.

3 months later
#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Power supply is original

Have the caps been changed out?

#4325 3 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

If those caps are original then they are 35 years old at this point. Caps and the high voltage section are easy to do and you should consider it as if there is any wavering of the voltages you get where you are.
I am no expert but I do know capacitors can't be good after 35 years.
///Rich

Get a big daddy power supply cap kit. Takes literally a half hour to change them all out. There’s only like 8 or so.

1 month later
#4369 3 years ago

Pinbot is the one game that seems finicky with sound and call outs.

It’s a complex system using both the sound board and the cpu

I rebuilt both the power supply and sound board w new caps and so far so good.

4 weeks later
#4425 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yes, for the PF I was just going to replace the white GI with Red/Blue.

The pinbot i bought has this set up. Red/blue on each side. I hate it.

When i eventually shop it, i'll go back to white in the gi. I feel like with the red/blue its too dark.

1 year later
#5479 1 year ago

I've owned this ass-kicker twice, over the span of like 10 years.

Still haven't reached the Sun.

#5487 1 year ago

I just wanna reach the Sun to being able to say i've done so. And here the cool music and light show.

#5509 1 year ago

Hmmm I’ll check the timer. Boards are currently at coin op cauldron fixing music and sound issues.

3 weeks later
#5555 1 year ago

Hey guys, i'm at work wondering about the GI on pinbot.

Prior owner has the all red all blue on the sides, and i loathe it.

I want to redo it, but wondering if i have to pull the plastics on top, OR, hopefully, the sockets/bulbs can be changed from below by just unscrewing the sockets and changing.

Anyone know?

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from jibmums:

My playfield just happens to be up, so I thought I'd take a look. Appears that most/all of the GI sockets are the kind that staple to the underside of the pf, so yeah, you're shit outta luck, gonna have to pull the plastics.

Kinda thought so. Blah.

Thanks for checking!

2 weeks later
#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Hello All...im trying to remove my ROMs to install PEMBOT ROMs... I tried to remove my current ROM circuit boards and they're not budging...im worried I might crack or damage something...any recommendations or suggestions to remove the circuit boards?
Thanks in advance

I like to use a tiny watch screwdriver flat head for these. Pry one side, then the other.
NOTE: make sure your screwdriver is under the rom and NOT also the socket.

Hmmm. Is that maybe your issue? You’re trying to pry off the chip but you’re prying under the socket accidentally? The rom chip is inserted into a socket. They pancake each other.

#5582 1 year ago

They’re usually really tight.

Just pry one side up a bit then the other

#5593 1 year ago

I sent both my cpu and sound board to Clive.

Pinbot is notorious for sound/music issues. And they’re difficult to track down.

1 month later
#5698 1 year ago

Debating the red/blue translucent ramp if it’s still available.

Can anyone tell me the hardware that needs to be switched over? Like any riveting?

3 weeks later
#5741 1 year ago

Rules question:

Been playing pinbot a lot lately and wondering if the bonus multiplier will apply to the jackpot if won?

Anyone know?

#5743 1 year ago

Darn.

Be cool if it applied to jackpots.

4 months later
#5896 8 months ago

Weird pinbot issue:

When i open the coin door, the ball trough kicker repeatedly fires. Odd thing is, that even when i push closed the white security button for the door (with door still open), the kicker still goes off until the door is actually shut.

Anyone?

#5903 8 months ago

Can someone give me the correct fuse values for the power supply? Manual is confusing and not so clear.

#5905 8 months ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

There should b a instruction decal above the power board, telling you what fuses to use.
Also loot at this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tq=Power+supply+fuse&tu=

Thanks. I'll go with the card above the power supply. I seemed to have lost power to all coils except special solenoids.

Oh, and when i open my coin door realllly wide, it triggers the vortex ramp's 5,000 points! What the hell?!

#5907 8 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

Vortex 5k and high score reset (on the test switch bracket) are on the same switch row. Something is shorting out/rubbing/touching on the coin door possibly.

Bingo.

The prior owner installed lighted flipper buttons which were tied into the 5v gi in that area.

Looks like those wires (for the flipped button lights) are tied up tight with zip ties together with other wiring. But I can manually trigger that 5000pt switch by just pressing in that area.

And you’re correct. I keep losing my high scores.

#5918 8 months ago

My upper left flasher is out.

I tried twisting off the transparent cover, but it doesn't spin.

Please tell me i don't have to remove a bunch of plastics to change this bulb...

#5920 8 months ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

We wont
The left flashers don't sync with the other flashers. They are independent, I think tied with the drops and or the target under the ramp.

Hmm. Maybe it's not burned out. I just noticed in attract it seemed out.

I'll check diagnostics.

1 week later
#5939 7 months ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The more I raise the target, the worse the ball stuckedness gets. Maybe it's because of the wear?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe you need to incline it more. Less flat means less chance of hang up.

#5957 7 months ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Ok in business. For the record, the pinballlife spring is worthless, it's 1/2 the tension or spring life it needs. So I used the old one.
[quoted image]

Sure you have the correct shooter rod? That definitely doesn't look correct. And that's likely why the spring isn't working as intended.

#5959 7 months ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Whats correct? I bought a new shooter rod.
yeah and now I know that there are varying spring levels of spring.
It barely makes it to 100,000 hole at launch. Once I level the machine it may make it easier.

The shooter rod is different. Did you measure the length and make sure it’s same as the correct one?

Too long or too short will affect the spring and the vortex.

3 weeks later
#5981 6 months ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I got mine a few years ago but they're available now from Comet Pinball.
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/led-ocd-boards

Can you explain what it does? Curious.
Edit: Nevermind I checked the website

#5993 6 months ago

Run and extension cord and plug it into another outlet on a different circuit.
Wondering if your power is wonky.

3 months later
#6026 3 months ago

Guys looking to redo my gi in the pf. Currently it has that hideous blue/red gi scheme.

Looking at white for gi, but cool? Or sunlight?

#6028 3 months ago
Quoted from Skidave:

I used Comet cool. Looked the best under the whites in plastics. Now I did also include some red and blue tastefully around the playfield too.

Thanks. The issue is that there are warm colors and cool colors on the pf. Reds and blues.

LIkely cool leds would work best..

#6030 3 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Natural white everywhere.
People should do whatever looks best to them, but in my experience the natural white bulbs allow the playfield colors and plastics colors to pop the best (pure white means full spectrum reflection, after all.)
I get where people like the “traditional” look (and particularly the slow fade vs. blinking if you do t shell out for an LED OCD board), but there was a while where I had a row of pins all of which had natural white LEDS except TOTAN, which still had incandescent bulbs, and it really looked kinda sad alongside all these bright, attractive machines. The classic Sterns and sys11s looked more inviting than Arabian Nights, which is the IT game for so many people!
Personally I also think space themed games just look “right” with natural bulbs. Other themes I can see the case for warm a bit more. But also in a row of machines, to my eye I’d rather they all have the same color temperature for their lighting. Just personal opinion; that’s the nice thing, it can always be changed to suit one’s preference!

When you say "natural white" do you mean incandescents?

Or are you meaning cool white leds?

1 month later
#6045 37 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Get the Pembot roms. You will thank me later.

Man. I love the original ruleset though.

Is there a link to how the code is different?

2 weeks later
#6052 22 days ago

Guys my slingshots are weak. They need rebuilt a bit.

I’ve scoured the manual but it only lists part number for the scoring switches and coils.

Anyone know the other parts numbers, like coil sleeves, switch to activate coil or armature?

A part diagram would be great !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blackbeard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club?tu=Blackbeard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.