IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 122.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The visor has 2 crossed arms that are connected to the target carrier and control the raising of the visor with the drop of the target bank. Look to make sure they have been put back in place, because thats the only thing that would cause the Visor NOT to open when the target carrier decends into the playfield.

Great, thanks for the info, absolutely love this game, it’s going to get a complete overhaul, new playfield, Plastics, cabinet art, CPR backglass, Xpin displays, red/blue ramps and anything else that I can replace with new parts.

#4352 3 years ago

Hello,
Does anybody have a NOS plastic set for Pinbot.
Cannot find them on the internet anymore.
Willing to pay some extra for it if somebody have 1 in stock.

Thanks

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Does anybody have a NOS plastic set for Pinbot.

I know you are looking for NOS, but if you can't find it, CPR has a nice reproduction set available.

#4354 3 years ago

Anybody ever stenciled his Pinbot?
Will do mine but still looking for a good red and yellow color code.

Could somebody help me with this please?

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I know you are looking for NOS, but if you can't find it, CPR has a nice reproduction set available.

Thanks. Ordered one from CPR.

#4356 3 years ago

I need to replace my volume potentiometer since it is scratchy - what is the acceptable replacement? I've ordered a 10k from Radio Shack before for a system 6. Same one?

#4357 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I need to replace my volume potentiometer since it is scratchy - what is the acceptable replacement? I've ordered a 10k from Radio Shack before for a system 6. Same one?

Have you tried Potentiometer cleaner? That usually works unless it is too far gone.

#4358 3 years ago

Deep breath:

Here we go.

PXL_20201010_041021319 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_041021319 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_041029626 (resized).jpgPXL_20201010_041029626 (resized).jpg
#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Deep breath:
Here we go.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck. Mine looked way worse than that when I started.

P1010103 (1) (resized).JPGP1010103 (1) (resized).JPGP1010111 (resized).JPGP1010111 (resized).JPGP1010223 (resized).JPGP1010223 (resized).JPGP1010211 (resized).JPGP1010211 (resized).JPGP1010249 (resized).JPGP1010249 (resized).JPG
#4360 3 years ago

That's the goal! I'm going to shortcut to a Hardtop. I just did a Firepower.

#4361 3 years ago

Still looking for a resource for ramp decals.
Thank you!

#4362 3 years ago

First test after restoring for weeks and hardtop installation.
Sound works, game boots without errors, flashers are permanent on.
Placed led flashers and disconnected all those heat transistors on every board under the playfield.
One or 2 insert light does not work.
Happy with this result.
Made it fire proof with does 2 extra fuses holder, replaced an external battery holder.

After those flashers it is time to replace plastics.

DSC_2774 (resized).JPGDSC_2774 (resized).JPG
#4363 3 years ago

All right!

PXL_20201013_031505682 (resized).jpgPXL_20201013_031505682 (resized).jpg
I put rivets into the mini playfield!

PXL_20201013_031526174 (resized).jpgPXL_20201013_031526174 (resized).jpg
CRAP.

1 week later
#4364 3 years ago

My first attempt at making custom rails and I am extremely satisfied with how they turned out. I think they'll look really sharp.

PXL_20201024_003331285 (resized).jpgPXL_20201024_003331285 (resized).jpg
#4365 3 years ago

I joined the club last week and fixed up a Pinbot. The only issue it has is after playing for a while the callouts disappear. For example, when you press the start button it doesn't say anything. The music all works fine.
Anyone ever see anything like that occur?

#4366 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I joined the club last week and fixed up a Pinbot. The only issue it has is after playing for a while the callouts disappear. For example, when you press the start button it doesn't say anything. The music all works fine.
Anyone ever see anything like that occur?

I’m not sure about callouts but my music goes funny during multi player. I lose sounds and others get stuck until the ball ends. This only seems to happen during multiplayer so maybe a software bug. I have new game and sound roms to install but haven’t got round to it yet. What revision roms are you on? I’m on Rev 1 sound and Rev 2 game.
D57670BE-7C9C-4C88-8AB0-0A9728F02A3B (resized).jpegD57670BE-7C9C-4C88-8AB0-0A9728F02A3B (resized).jpeg

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

I’m not sure about callouts but my music goes funny during multi player. I lose sounds and others get stuck until the ball ends. This only seems to happen during multiplayer so maybe a software bug. I have new game and sound roms to install but haven’t got round to it yet. What revision roms are you on? I’m on Rev 1 sound and Rev 2 game.
[quoted image]

Just be careful on the replacement ROM's. The main set on IPDB has a bad image that lacks some sound effects. The corrected ROM is a separate file. Ran into that issue firsthand.

#4368 3 years ago
Quoted from Sciddleybop1980:

[quoted image]

I'm not sure. I will have to check. The callouts will all work and then they just disappear. They only come back when I restart the game.

#4369 3 years ago

Pinbot is the one game that seems finicky with sound and call outs.

It’s a complex system using both the sound board and the cpu

I rebuilt both the power supply and sound board w new caps and so far so good.

#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm not sure. I will have to check. The callouts will all work and then they just disappear. They only come back when I restart the game.

If they are all there and drop out it may be something else. Mine would lose sounds and had to replace a DAC and audio amp on the MPU board.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

If they are all there and drop out it may be something else. Mine would lose sounds and had to replace a DAC and audio amp on the MPU board.

Yes, they are there and after about 20-30 minutes they stop. A quick restart of the machine and they are back.

#4372 3 years ago

I believe that L5 is the last released version. All versions have bugs, but there are fewer in L5. The most annoying bug in L2 that I am aware of is that the single eject does not work correctly when you set it on a timer.

#4373 3 years ago

When a guy locks one eye ball, the PinBot says something. My buddy thinks he says “Paco Cinco”. I can’t make out what he says. Does anyone know what PinBot says when the first ball is locked?

#4374 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

When a guy locks one eye ball, the PinBot says something. My buddy thinks he says “Paco Cinco”. I can’t make out what he says. Does anyone know what PinBot says when the first ball is locked?

Paco Cinco is spanish for partial link-up.

#4375 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

First test after restoring for weeks and hardtop installation.
Sound works, game boots without errors, flashers are permanent on.
Placed led flashers and disconnected all those heat transistors on every board under the playfield.
One or 2 insert light does not work.
Happy with this result.
Made it fire proof with does 2 extra fuses holder, replaced an external battery holder.
After those flashers it is time to replace plastics. [quoted image]

I'm considering a hard top on mine..,ive had it for years ...love the game.
How was the hard top instal ?

#4376 3 years ago

Just be careful on the replacement ROM's. The main set on IPDB has a bad image that lacks some sound effects. The corrected ROM is a separate file. Ran into that issue firsthand.

Which set is bad?
There are 7 files available....

#4377 3 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Which set is bad?
There are 7 files available....

In the L5 set U22 image is bad. IPDB has a separate U22 image that is correct. I you just use all the L5 images only you'll lose sounds. I ran into that first hand and had to make another U22 to fix it.

#4378 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I'm considering a hard top on mine..,ive had it for years ...love the game.
How was the hard top instal ?

This is my second hardtop after my Taxi.
Little more tweaks but still no issues here.
Sanded whole playfield and used clear on the inserts and shooter lane.
Still busy with cabinet now.
Ordered new plastics and ready to build playfield back up.

#4379 3 years ago

In the L5 set U22 image is bad. IPDB has a separate U22 image that is correct. I you just use all the L5 images only you'll lose sounds. I ran into that first hand and had to make another U22 to fix it.

Well, I've checked both files and they are the same.
I also compared with the file I have verified for PinMame.
All the files have the same CRC.
Maybe you had a bad burn....

Pinbot (resized).jpgPinbot (resized).jpg
#4380 3 years ago

Ok...here’s the million dollar pinbot question:

Where can a guy get one of these plastics?

0E8E6CB8-5BF1-4CD5-B6CD-A1BC64817942 (resized).jpeg0E8E6CB8-5BF1-4CD5-B6CD-A1BC64817942 (resized).jpeg
#4381 3 years ago

I’ve been bugging Planetary Pinball about this. Thru several communications, it sounds like they have all the parts, but for some reason, they don’t feel the urge to sell them. The last communication said they were like a fine wine. Problem is, I am a Boone’s Farm wine person, so I am getting impatient, too.

I will say you’re not the only one seeking this. Work around is to find a black ramp on EBay, and sniff around for a decal set. I think someone in Germany prints them. I would not be surprised if he starts making the ramps, too.

#4382 3 years ago

Where can a guy get one of these plastics?[quoted image]

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B-11407&Category_Code=GS-1796

#4383 3 years ago

Read the post too quickly. I thought OP was referring to the ramp. My bad.

#4384 3 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Read the post too quickly. I thought OP was referring to the ramp. My bad.

I’d take a new ramp, too! More rare than hen’s teeth

#4385 3 years ago

Not if you bought your Pinbot almost 30 years ago... when I thought to myself, I am keeping him till I die, maybe I might want to pick up a few extra "spare" parts... So I have a Orange NOS ramp, a Black NOS Jackbot ramp, a used orange ramp, a NOS Visor, NOS target carrier, all the colored standups, a factory second NOS playfield, NOS plastics set, a complete set of gas displays, a NOS translite (signed by Barry O.), and one moving violation. (Ten bucks to whoever gets that movie reference)

Over the years between '86 and '91, I saw a LOT of Pinbots on routes and locations with the busted orange ramp, various missing "teeth" on the target carrier or broken standups, I had seen target carriers with major busted edges, and of course the never present "missing" slingshot plastics due to well being a slingshot plastic. So I went on the hunt for all the NOS I could find since then and was able to amass quite the collection of "spare" parts. I had collected all this before I bought my BOP, which is the ultimate Pinbot accessory.

These days, with all the repro stuff by PPS and Marco and all the other licensed merch available, the quest for all this NOS stuff was kind of for naught, but I saw no fathonable reason for any of this stuff to ever be reproduced, so I was investing in an insurance policy that has actually paid off in the long run. in HUO usage, these machines NEVER face the brutality of being on site, so the wear and damage are mere fractions of what routing a machine does to a pin. To that end, once I shopped and restored my machine when I bought it, all these spare parts have brought me is peace of mind and storage nightmares, because I have broken NONE of these parts after owning and playing him at home for the last 28 years.

Note to owners: DO NOT REPLACE THE UNDER VISOR PLASTIC!!!! If it is in ANY decent shape at all, just DON'T DO IT! Of the plastics that will get broken the most often, the under visor plastic is notoriously the most replaced plastic in the machine other than slings. If you put a brand new one in, it will get busted within the next 200 games. When I went looking for an NOS set of plastics, I could find partial sets only back in the day, and all the ops and distributors I called looking for a replacement told me the same thing... forget about it. Don't replace it, it is only cosmetic and the busted corners will just get busted off again. So I never replaced mine, although I did find a complete plastics set eventually, I left the busted corner plastic in there and never had an issue with it.

Moral of the story- get your parts for your machine early, during the production run if possible, but take it from a someone who has had a HUO machine for nearly 30 years, you are probably not going to need them, but in the off chance you do, you got it covered.

#4386 3 years ago

I got one last year but it wasn't cheap. It was 100ish on ebay. I have seen them since as well. Someone remade them.

#4387 3 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I got one last year but it wasn't cheap. It was 100ish on ebay. I have seen them since as well. Someone remade them.

I believe your right I got one to.

#4388 3 years ago

Where can a guy get one of these plastics?[quoted image]

And when installing, contrary to several reviews, I had zero issues with the $13 rivet gun I got to attach the ramp cover to the brackets. Also FYI, I got 1/8" (gap length) rivets and that just did enough to hold it all together including the rivet washer with lots of head room for the ball to travel. I know you didn't ask, but there it is

#4389 3 years ago

One just sold on eBay for $130. I believe the listing said he makes them in small batches.

Also saw that planetary was planning a run soon but don’t know when that will actually happen.

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Also saw that planetary was planning a run soon but don’t know when that will actually happen.

We are on at least year three of that status update.

#4391 3 years ago

Seeking some guidance on wiring for chest targets. Pulled apart and lost pics I had showing wiring/diode placement. Anyone got a pic to help? Thank you!

#4392 3 years ago

You mean the 5 raised target bank? You need a pic of that?

#4393 3 years ago

Yes, the 5 raised target bank

#4394 3 years ago

Here you go.

DSCF0377 (resized).JPGDSCF0377 (resized).JPG
#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

.....and one moving violation. (Ten bucks to whoever gets that movie reference)

You're in the wrong thread for that reference. That belongs in the "Sternnnnn!!!" thread.

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

You're in the wrong thread for that reference. That belongs in the "Sternnnnn!!!" thread.

We have a winner!

#4397 3 years ago

Hello,

I'm looking for one of those metal posts to hold the mini playfield. The one with the bumper post on top snapped.

Thanks for you help.

_20201103_004518 (resized).JPG_20201103_004518 (resized).JPG
#4398 3 years ago

Does anyone have a line on the rectangular yellow and clear(ish) blue targets?

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Does anyone have a line on the rectangular yellow and clear(ish) blue targets?

I looked all over for the clear blue target face for my Jackbot, with no luck. Used a solid blue one from Marco, and I like it a lot better as it matches the round blue standup target nearby. I always wondered what was the point of the single clear target when all the others are opaque.

targets (resized).jpgtargets (resized).jpg
#4400 3 years ago

Yeah, I am good with getting an opaque blue but that yellow one seems unobtainable?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.