20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 122.
#4251 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Just put up my very nice Pinbot if anyone wants to join the club.

At $2999 I think those legs need a date with a brillo pad or a fresh set of new legs. From the pictures it looks like the front was drilled for a coin door bar and the plastic under the visor is broken. Are these old or current pictures?

#4252 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

At $2999 I think those legs need a date with a brillo pad or a fresh set of new legs. From the pictures it looks like the front was drilled for a coin door bar and the plastic under the visor is broken. Are these old or current pictures?

Have you looked at the playfield on it? It’s a very nice Pinbot. Let’s see your Pinbot man especially by the eye locks where wear occurs. I am not worried it will sell, thanks for your input though..

#4253 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Have you looked at the playfield on it? It’s a very nice Pinbot. Let’s see your Pinbot man especially by the eye locks where wear occurs. I am not worried it will sell, thanks for your input though..

I'm not knocking the playfield on your game. It does look nice. Couple minor bubbles in the Mylar but I don't think that really takes away from it. However the broken plastic, cleaning the legs (or replacing them) are pretty simple to do and for the price I'd expect those to be done. That is taking away from it. Those aren't expensive. Pictures of the inside of the back box would help. Does it have the update to add fuses on the inputs of the bridges?

Replaced that same plastic on mine and after 20 years of owning my machine treated it to a fresh set of legs, bolts, and levelers. Totally worth the investment. No complaints about my playfield. Just a liittle wear around one of the pops but it's really hard to see unless you get right on top of it. Player never sees it. Boards are super clean with no battery damage and after going over the boards it is a reliable machine. No plans on selling.

#4254 3 years ago

I'm not knocking the playfield on your game. It does look nice. Couple minor bubbles in the Mylar but I don't think that really takes away from it. However the broken plastic, cleaning the legs (or replacing them) are pretty simple to do and for the price I'd expect those to be done. That is taking away from it. Those aren't expensive. Pictures of the inside of the back box would help. Does it have the update to add fuses on the inputs of the bridges?
Replaced that same plastic on mine and after 20 years of owning my machine treated it to a fresh set of legs, bolts, and levelers. Totally worth the investment. No complaints about my playfield. Just a liittle wear around one of the pops but it's really hard to see unless you get right on top of it. Player never sees it. Boards are super clean with no battery damage and after going over the boards it is a reliable machine. No plans on selling.

I did clean the legs but that’s about it. Legs don’t make the game anyways. Now the playfield and cabinet is what most concerns me when purchasing games. The boards are clean and I’ve installed a battery pack too.. Let’s see your beautiful Pinbot that you are talking about that is so much nicer then mine..

#4255 3 years ago

Quoted from pacman11:

I did clean the legs but that’s about it. Legs don’t make the game anyways. Now the playfield and cabinet is what most concerns me when purchasing games. The boards are clean and I’ve installed a battery pack too.. Let’s see your beautiful Pinbot that you are talking about that is so much nicer then mine..

Take it to PM

#4256 3 years ago

Want to replace the speaker fabric on the front. Anyone find some that is close to original?

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from Croppie1Kenobi:

Want to replace the speaker fabric on the front. Anyone find some that is close to original?

I used this and was very happy with the appearance.

https://www.parts-express.com/mellotone-premium-black-speaker-grill-cloth-yard-64-wide--260-332

1 week later
#4259 3 years ago

Pinbot speaker panel wanted. Or advice on building a new one? Is there a source for that fabric covered perforate plastic sheeting? Thanks for your help.

1 week later
#4260 3 years ago

Fun fact (checked in L3 and L5 code only): Any player can test whether the PinBot flippers are working or not before starting a game by holding the flipper buttons during the rules display in attract mode. When the text "HIT 5 BANKS" is displayed both flippers are momentarily actuated. (To be more precise, you can hit either or both of the flipper buttons any time after "HIT 5 BANKS" has been displayed.)

I think that this is a neat and potentially useful feature. What I do not get at all is why the feature is disabled when you have German text installed...

On a different topic, I am looking for beta-testers for my experimental PEMBOT home ROM code which is nearing completion. Please shoot me a PM if you are interested.

#4261 3 years ago

Just got a routed Pinbot that was in decent shape and need some help troubleshooting the GI lights in the backbox. I've LED'ed the game and the computer controlled lights in the backbox and the flashers work fine. What I can't seem to figure out is why none of the GI lights don't work (GI and computer controlled lights on the playfield work fine). Here's what I've done so far:

Reseated the two molex connectors for the lights that goes back into the backbox proper
Reseated 1J4, 1J5, 1J6 and 1J7 on the CPU board
Checked all 4 fuses in the backbox
Jiggled the wires that go to the GI backbox lights

Anything else I should check?

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Just got a routed Pinbot that was in decent shape and need some help troubleshooting the GI lights in the backbox. I've LED'ed the game and the computer controlled lights in the backbox and the flashers work fine. What I can't seem to figure out is why none of the GI lights don't work (GI and computer controlled lights on the playfield work fine). Here's what I've done so far:
Reseated the two molex connectors for the lights that goes back into the backbox proper
Reseated 1J4, 1J5, 1J6 and 1J7 on the CPU board
Checked all 4 fuses in the backbox
Jiggled the wires that go to the GI backbox lights
Anything else I should check?

Get a cheap digital multimeter (if you don't have one) and see where you do and don't have voltage.
Did you check the fuses with a meter, or just visually?

#4263 3 years ago

I pulled all four of the fuses and checked them with my multimeter. There were all 5 amps and all but one were 250 volts. One was 32 volt and I changed it out with a 250v fuse but it didn’t fix the problem. Any particular spots I need to check voltage on the lights. It doesn’t look too clear where I should check on the power and/or CPU board.

#4264 3 years ago

What is the best ROM to install in pinbot? I’ve heard of a newer version that helps with tournament play? Is this true?

#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What is the best ROM to install in pinbot? I’ve heard of a newer version that helps with tournament play? Is this true?

I use the L-5 in mine. Just be aware that one of the ROM's is corrupt in most of the images floating around. I had a thread about it a couple years ago.

#4266 3 years ago

Yes, there are about 6 versions at last count. IPDB has the fixed solar value reset to 500k, solar advance 250k one posted.
PAPA used one in the past that capped the solar value at 100k (because you can keep collecting it in multiball).
There is one that sets the solar value to 750k.
There is one that lets you start a solar value at whatever level you like for each player, then it resets after collection to another whatever value you like. This one lets you set the energy values and tweak other values as well. (This one reports as T-6)
There's a couple more that didn't really go farther than the forum where this was discussed that I'm likely forgetting since they were just different values.

Pinbot was one of the most commonly modified games on the defunct pinhacks.com because it was so easy to find the jackpot code (High speed, as well).

As soon as my video camera memory card arrives I'll shoot a video of some of the changes in T-6 and possibly the one that idealjoker was referencing with gameplay changes as well.

#4268 3 years ago

I think I've traced the problem to the harness that plugs into the power board. The molex connector showed signs of a burnt pin. I reseated the again and got my backbox lit up. Now I'll order a new connector housing repin all the connectors and hopefully that will fix it permanently. Oh, as a side note, LED's really make a difference.

IMG_4515 (resized).JPGIMG_4515 (resized).JPG
#4269 3 years ago

Made my own pinstadiums today. Aluminum angle painted black. Two led strips and velcro.

15915627435327185821009989567407 (resized).jpg15915627435327185821009989567407 (resized).jpg

#4270 3 years ago

For those folks who installed the CPR backglass in their pinbot, how does it look?

#4271 3 years ago

For those folks who installed the CPR backglass in their pinbot, how does it look?

In my opinion, very good, I am quite happy with it, very noticeable difference over the translite.

#4272 3 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

In my opinion, very good, I am quite happy with it, very noticeable difference over the translite.

The early Whirlwind’s has some quality issues. I actually went back with the original Translite because the CPR colors seemed washed out when I put it in.

How about the mirroring? Is it noticeable when backbox lights are in? That was another area of Whirlwind that I wasn’t impressed with. There wasn’t much mirror effect to see, except at certain angles with the game off.

#4273 3 years ago

I need help. My Pinbot is being restored by another Pinsider. I'm at a loss on what to do with the legs and armor.

I'm looking for suggestions on powder-coat for the legs, rails and lock bar. One choice is Robert Stone's Mega Sparkle. A few others are at these links. Give me some suggestions!

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-6820/shimmer-glass
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-6631/diamond-pearl-clear
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-4246/misty-blue
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PMB-4042/diamond-blue
A54CF428-CEDB-42A1-B2FB-875DBAB858F8 (resized).jpegA54CF428-CEDB-42A1-B2FB-875DBAB858F8 (resized).jpeg

19BCC3E7-B937-4322-B597-F6A7B42E61C0 (resized).jpeg19BCC3E7-B937-4322-B597-F6A7B42E61C0 (resized).jpeg7703635D-A62C-4476-91CC-10BB2C737B3B (resized).jpeg7703635D-A62C-4476-91CC-10BB2C737B3B (resized).jpegA4540694-36C1-4326-8F90-45192E672283 (resized).jpegA4540694-36C1-4326-8F90-45192E672283 (resized).jpegBC3DDF57-6279-40FD-BBDA-ACB14BC2B243 (resized).jpegBC3DDF57-6279-40FD-BBDA-ACB14BC2B243 (resized).jpeg
#4274 3 years ago

Diamond pearl
Clear.

I don’t
Color on legs.

#4275 3 years ago

The Olathe Gardens

F9679F8F-6CDE-40B5-8CFE-FE145906E155 (resized).jpegF9679F8F-6CDE-40B5-8CFE-FE145906E155 (resized).jpeg
#4276 3 years ago

List of options in pinbot L-6 tournament rom

#4277 3 years ago

Gameplay/description of the PEMBOT mod described by idealjoker

Gameplay starts at 6:30
Description at beginning

#4278 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Gameplay/description of the PEMBOT mod described by idealjoker
Gameplay starts at 6:30
Description at beginning

Than is very interesting! Where would one find this ROM and is it still being worked on?

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Than is very interesting! Where would one find this ROM and is it still being worked on?

The code is called "PEMBOT (no relation)" and is currently in beta testing. Near the end of the video you can see a bug. I just spent the last fun-filled 15 minutes implementing a fix, and hope to test it over the next few days. I am sure there are other bugs to iron out. Once the code is stable, I would like to provide a patch for the PinBot L5 code.

#4280 3 years ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

The code is called "PEMBOT (no relation)" and is currently in beta testing. Near the end of the video you can see a bug. I just spent the last fun-filled 15 minutes implementing a fix, and hope to test it over the next few days. I am sure there are other bugs to iron out. Once the code is stable, I would like to provide a patch for the PinBot L5 code.

Sounds great! Can you post a link to the changelog or whatever the proper term is?

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can you post a link to the changelog or whatever the proper term is?

Let's move discussion of PEMBOT to a separate topic. I posted not a full change log, but a description of the most important changes here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pembot-no-relation#post-5696133

#4282 3 years ago

I bought a bunch of parts from a guy that was active in the late 90s, but hadn’t done anything in 20 years.
A ton of NOS parts.
What’s the name of this part ? I’m trying to figure out if it’s available anywhere and what it’s worth.
Thanks for any help
**update - found it - part C-11159 or another place said C-11158 Visor Rivet Assy. Don’t see it listed for sale. Saw there was one for sale in Aus but it’s out of stock.

6778FEA6-4869-47CE-90E9-29934B8374AB (resized).jpeg6778FEA6-4869-47CE-90E9-29934B8374AB (resized).jpeg83A19913-006E-43B3-9B79-05F3FD50AEBA (resized).jpeg83A19913-006E-43B3-9B79-05F3FD50AEBA (resized).jpeg

#4283 3 years ago

Also have this moving target assembly still in the shrink wrap - Marco site says this works in both Pin and Jack*bot.
They don’t list a price. I don’t see it at Planetary.
Ideas on where to find one to get a value?
Thanks for any help.

3DEC2C24-5000-42FB-A442-23345088E1CB (resized).jpeg3DEC2C24-5000-42FB-A442-23345088E1CB (resized).jpegDD85E9C2-3133-4B3C-9AE3-3B78217AB069 (resized).jpegDD85E9C2-3133-4B3C-9AE3-3B78217AB069 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4284 3 years ago

Just need some clarification - My Pinbot looks like it has had all of the goody extracted from it - mylar worn thru, bare spots on the playfield arch area, and lots of repairs that made it work so the quarters would keep flowing. I am starting to rebuild it, and I have a question about the pop bumpers - from what I see, they were originally using #44 bulbs, and body # 03-7443-5. However, currently, the pops have #555 bulb holders in them. Can the 555 bulbs and holders be used in the original body? If not, what body do I need? I have to replace all three, since they are all broken. Thanks

#4285 3 years ago

Apart from originality the 555 bulb holders should work just fine.

#4286 3 years ago

I had to put 555 holders in mine as I used bright mods pop bumper lights.

#4287 3 years ago

This question has been asked before, and I don't believe Chris got an answer. Does anyone have a ring chart/map for the game?

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

Also have this moving target assembly still in the shrink wrap - Marco site says this works in both Pin and Jack*bot.

If anybody is looking for NOS parts, I listed my 2 Pinbot items and some other parts yesterday.

Here’s a link to what I have listed right now (MM, SS, AFM, Pinbot,TOM)

ebay.com link: 711 53200 19255 0

#4289 3 years ago

Rings for Pinbot:

Never got an answer on a map and the sizes of the rings, so here's what was on my machine. Note your mileage may vary, and that the sizes and numbers do not match the Wms. parts catalog. If I change rings again, I'll draw a map.

4 - Yellow Post Covers
2 - Flipper rubbers
5 - 5/16" rings
2 - 3" rings
1 - 3 1/2" ring
1 - 5" ring
1 - 1 1/4" ring
2 - 2 1/2" rings
1 - 2" ring
1 - 1 1/2" ring
2 - 1 1/4" rings
35 - 27/64" rings (30 on upper playfield, 5 on main playfield)
1 - Tapered bumper, Wms Part # 23-6579

#4290 3 years ago

Has anyone installed Pinsound on their Pinbot? I got a new Rottendog MPU in my Pinbot because I kept having board issues. We all know the sound isn't the same as the original board. The explosions when you go up the ramp are not as booming and the speech isn't as good.

I wonder if a pinsound install would fix it?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#4292 3 years ago

I just purchased a pinbot! It needs new red and green stationary rectangle targets for the chest. I can only find yellow on Marco and it’s out of stock. Pinball life doesn’t have then either... any leads?

Thank you!

1 week later
#4293 3 years ago

Just acquired a PinBot and have an issue I didn’t noticed before buying the game. The grid lights in the back box are all out and never light. I haven’t worked on many WMS machines so I’m not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#4294 3 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

Just acquired a PinBot and have an issue I didn’t noticed before buying the game. The grid lights in the back box are all out and never light. I haven’t worked on many WMS machines so I’m not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Do you mean that all the controlled lights in the backbox are out?
Have you checked fuses and connectors yet?

#4295 3 years ago

Just the five that correlate with the grid.

EF7AB41B-5146-499C-A791-FC8A05780748 (resized).jpegEF7AB41B-5146-499C-A791-FC8A05780748 (resized).jpeg
#4296 3 years ago

Just aquired a pinbot spiral ramp used in great shape (sold), also top dome cover if anyone needs.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Added over 4 years ago:

(Dome sold)

#4297 3 years ago

Tomorrow I become a member of this club.
Seen on the picture that there are bubbles under the mylar.
How is it possible to solve this?

Option to remove mylar from playfield without damaging it?

#4298 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Tomorrow I become a member of this club.
Seen on the picture that there are bubbles under the mylar.
How is it possible to solve this?
Option to remove mylar from playfield without damaging it?

Whenever I consider removing the mylar on a game, I go back and read this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mylar-remove-or-not-help#post-2514602

My advice is to play it for at least a month and then ask yourself if its bothering you still before making any sort of decision.

#4299 3 years ago

In the club.
Bubbles under mylar and some inserts not leveled with playfield.
Cabinet art is very bad, cracked every where.

DSC_2367 (resized).JPGDSC_2367 (resized).JPGDSC_2363 (resized).JPGDSC_2363 (resized).JPGDSC_2364 (resized).JPGDSC_2364 (resized).JPGDSC_2365 (resized).JPGDSC_2365 (resized).JPGDSC_2366 (resized).JPGDSC_2366 (resized).JPGDSC_2368 (resized).JPGDSC_2368 (resized).JPGDSC_2369 (resized).JPGDSC_2369 (resized).JPGDSC_2370 (resized).JPGDSC_2370 (resized).JPGDSC_2371 (resized).JPGDSC_2371 (resized).JPG
#4300 3 years ago

The grid is where it all counts. Yours looks pretty nice under the mylar. Nice project pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/86?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.