20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 122.
#3951 4 years ago

Went to my buddies and adjusted a few things on his pinbot I supershopped for him a while back. Visor/helmet/ramp decals are holding up well. If anyone needs a set lmk. I have a couple left and then they are gonzo.
AE66AE93-0245-4937-9938-1E53D4D8FA30 (resized).jpegAE66AE93-0245-4937-9938-1E53D4D8FA30 (resized).jpeg

438DC875-25D5-44E1-B5C7-48A6EA4E9764 (resized).jpeg438DC875-25D5-44E1-B5C7-48A6EA4E9764 (resized).jpeg
#3952 4 years ago

Finally I got a Pin Bot. It’s in its forever home. Overall pretty good shape. Has Mylar which I’ll leave. Needs a good cleaning.
6DD3D63D-5F7F-4902-8771-E7BCBF209F62 (resized).jpeg6DD3D63D-5F7F-4902-8771-E7BCBF209F62 (resized).jpeg

#3953 4 years ago

Finally got my own Pin Bot, pretty excited to say the least! Glad to give it a forever home next to Buck Rogers and future BK and Space Shuttle. Over all it's in really nice shape. Needs full cleaning, rubbers etc.
image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage0 (1) (resized).jpegimage0 (1) (resized).jpeg

IMG_3564 (resized).jpgIMG_3564 (resized).jpg
#3954 4 years ago

Looks nice!

Very easy to shop
Too.

#3955 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

Finally got my own Pin Bot, pretty excited to say the least! Glad to give it a forever home next to Buck Rogers and future BK and Space Shuttle. Over all it's in really nice shape. Needs full cleaning, rubbers etc.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you get it from Corey Hyden?

#3956 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

No from a guy in Wichita.

#3957 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Daditude I saw that one but this one came from Kansas at 1/2 that price. Got lucky.

#3958 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

daditude I saw that one but this one came from Kansas at 1/2 that price. Got lucky.

Good seller too. I would have bought it if I didnt already have one.

#3959 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Good seller too. I would have bought it if I didnt already have one.

I’m
Glad you didn’t! . Yup. Seemed like a solid dude. Happy to have it. It’s a keeper.

#3960 4 years ago

Anyone in the club trying to get out? I have a bride that needs a husband!

#3961 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Anyone in the club trying to get out? I have a bride that needs a husband!

I've seen a couple pop up recently

#3962 4 years ago

I'm having trouble resetting the high scores. All four of them are at 9,999,999 now. I've looked at the manual and it offers three options, but none are working.

Of course, I don't want to wait for 1000 plays before it automatically resets them.

The button on the door doesn't seem to work--it says to press that during the "attract" mode, but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

#3963 4 years ago
Quoted from cngizbleevng:

I'm having trouble resetting the high scores. All four of them are at 9,999,999 now. I've looked at the manual and it offers three options, but none are working.
Of course, I don't want to wait for 1000 plays before it automatically resets them.
The button on the door doesn't seem to work--it says to press that during the "attract" mode, but nothing happens.
Any ideas?

Are you running NVRAM? If not can you pull a battery and let it sit for a while? That should clear out the scores.

#3964 4 years ago

You need to hold it for 10 seconds.

#3965 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You need to hold it for 10 seconds.

You are correct. That, and the fact that the diode had somehow come unsoldered from the wiring below the button. Thanks for your help.

#3966 4 years ago

A shout out to Matts Basement Arcade for the new tournament rom chips. Much more enjoyable playing my Pinbot now.

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/

#3967 4 years ago

Hey friends - I’m just finishing up a full shop of my PB, and have a question about the rule set:

After multiball, when one ball drains, my chest target back stays down. I can still shoot and lock a ball in an eye socket, and it gets kicked out immediately. After some random period of time or unknown event, the chest target back decides to raise up again.

Is that normal? I would expect the target bank to rise up immediately after a ball drains from multiball. Game seems to work perfectly except for this seemingly weird behavior. (I get that if you have a ball locked when your 2nd one drains, the bank would have to stay down until it kicked your locked ball out, but after the kick-out the bank should rise up again immediately, right?)

#3968 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Hey friends - I’m just finishing up a full shop of my PB, and have a question about the rule set:
After multiball, when one ball drains, my chest target back stays down. I can still shoot and lock a ball in an eye socket, and it gets kicked out immediately. After some random period of time or unknown event, the chest target back decides to raise up again.
Is that normal? I would expect the target bank to rise up immediately after a ball drains from multiball. Game seems to work perfectly except for this seemingly weird behavior. (I get that if you have a ball locked when your 2nd one drains, the bank would have to stay down until it kicked your locked ball out, but after the kick-out the bank should rise up again immediately, right?)

Once you hit another playfield switch, (not the eye sockets) the bank will raise.

#3969 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Once you hit another playfield switch, (not the eye sockets) the bank will raise.

Thanks for the quick reply. My motor is on its way out and I have a replacement inbound from Marco, so once that’s in I’ll test it.

#3970 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

A shout out to Matts Basement Arcade for the new tournament rom chips. Much more enjoyable playing my Pinbot now.
https://mattsbasementarcade.com/

I don't see that listed on their site. What advantages does it offer?

#3971 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I don't see that listed on their site. What advantages does it offer?

One of the things that's not super great about the PB ruleset for tournament or home use is how the solar value accumulates and is collected. It accumulates from game to game until someone collects it. So, someone could walk up to a game with a huge accumulated, but uncollected solar value, and get a huge score for doing very little work on their first multiball. In a tournament, that would give the first player a huge advantage for no reason.

There are 2 alternative rulesets floating around. One is on IPDB sets the solar value at 500k for each new game, and adds 250k (I think) for each ramp shot. This is much better for home use and tournament play...the solar value is carried over from ball to ball and player to player, so it's possible to steal someone's solar value, just like stealing a lock (which you can also do in PB). There is another one from a member here that sets the base solar value at 300k and the solar advance at 50k, which I think is a better, more balanced setupas it doesn't make the solar value dominate your objective (it's still worthwhile to go after energy xfer and planet advance), and that's the one I have personally installed. Either one is good though. Matt made the EPROM for me.

Swapping out one of the socketed EPROMS is all you have to do.

Note to talented people with skills: An amazing rom hack would be to allow the solar value and advance to be configurable via the 3-button setup in the coin door!

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

One of the things that's not super great about the PB ruleset for tournament or home use is how the solar value accumulates and is collected. It accumulates from game to game until someone collects it. So, someone could walk up to a game with a huge accumulated, but uncollected solar value, and get a huge score for doing very little work on their first multiball. In a tournament, that would give the first player a huge advantage for no reason.
There are 2 alternative rulesets floating around. One is on IPDB sets the solar value at 500k for each new game, and adds 250k (I think) for each ramp shot. This is much better for home use and tournament play...the solar value is carried over from ball to ball and player to player, so it's possible to steal someone's solar value, just like stealing a lock (which you can also do in PB). There is another one from a member here that sets the base solar value at 300k and the solar advance at 50k, which I think is a better, more balanced setupas it doesn't make the solar value dominate your objective (it's still worthwhile to go after energy xfer and planet advance), and that's the one I have personally installed. Either one is good though. Matt made the EPROM for me.
Swapping out one of the socketed EPROMS (it's U22 or 23, can't remember which offhand) is all you have to do.
Note to talented people with skills: An amazing rom hack would be to allow the solar value and advance to be configurable via the 3-button setup in the coin door!

Its the 26,27 chips that you swap out. The one I got sets the solar to 300k at a start of a game and you can change the solar loop value in the settings. I have it set to add 99k per solar loop as it wont allow me to go to 100k in the settings. If your playing more than one player the solar carries between players till game is over.

#3973 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Its the 26,27 chips that you swap out. The one I got sets the solar to 300k at a start of a game and you can change the solar loop value in the settings. I have it set to add 99k per solar loop as it wont allow me to go to 100k in the settings. If your playing more than one player the solar carries between players till game is over.

...and I think it resets to 300K once it's collected.

#3974 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

...and I think it resets to 300K once it's collected.

You are correct, i forgot to mention that.

#3975 4 years ago

Out with the cool bright GI, in with the warm retros from Comet

2F66ADA4-8114-44AE-BABA-E24AFA671184 (resized).jpeg2F66ADA4-8114-44AE-BABA-E24AFA671184 (resized).jpeg485E6DAA-D6AE-4147-8053-8719C9DCD702 (resized).jpeg485E6DAA-D6AE-4147-8053-8719C9DCD702 (resized).jpeg
#3976 4 years ago

With OutsideEdge releasing EightBallDelux hard top. It appears based on their previous posts that Pinbot is next in line.

Curious how many are going to pull trigger on that? I have one for my BK and really like it.

#3977 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

With OutsideEdge releasing EightBallDelux hard top. It appears based on their previous posts that Pinbot is next in line.
Curious how many are going to pull trigger on that? I have one for my BK and really like it.

Xenon is next

#3978 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Out with the cool bright GI, in with the warm retros from Comet[quoted image][quoted image]

A noticeable improvement, thanks for the pics.

I picked up some of these retros on the black Friday sale - haven't gotten to them yet.

#3979 4 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Xenon is nextBummer....I was going off their post with Pinbot listed after EBD. Sure are a lot of bare wood Xenon's out there tho.

#3980 4 years ago

Cliffys in my kick outs, chest bank, and vortex exit rollover...it’s a beautiful thing.

D4F8A987-0232-4548-AD91-101CCFC09BEB (resized).jpegD4F8A987-0232-4548-AD91-101CCFC09BEB (resized).jpeg
#3981 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Cliffys in my kick outs, chest bank, and vortex exit rollover...it’s a beautiful thing.[quoted image]

I don't see Pin•Bot listed on the Cliffy site. Where did you get your protectors?

///Rich

#3982 4 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I don't see Pin•Bot listed on the Cliffy site. Where did you get your protectors?
///Rich

I’m calling them. They have pics under the what’s new page.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from Bospins:

Cliffys in my kick outs, chest bank, and vortex exit rollover...it’s a beautiful thing.[quoted image]

Cliffy does excellent work. Plus he's just a damn good guy to boot. Those kickout saucer protectors will surely save some beat-up P*B from unexpected ejects (ball dribble LOL) and keep nicer ones from getting beat. Sucks when you shoot the eyes and the ball just falls out. I've seen it happen on some worn examples.

Richard

#3984 4 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

///Rich

I emailed him.

It was a bit of a lark...but if you dig into Cliff's site, you can see he meticulously restored a PB, so I thought he might have had patterns for it...and he did!

I had to slightly modify the chest protector one, the hole for the post was in the wrong spot and needed a little action with a dremel. I'm sure this is due to variation in how the PBs were put together from the factory over the years. But it was an easy enough mod.

If you email Cliff just be patient, he's a busy guy, but his work is awesome and I'm glad to have his stuff on my machine.

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from cshelden:

I’m calling them. They have pics under the what’s new page.

No "them" just me. Because its just me I havent had time the past couple years to make dedicated pages so I'm throwing everything up on the See Whats New page- thanks for finding that! I'm amazed how many folks cant find that banner on my homepage. I mean, thats the first page I would click on regardless of the website I'm visiting (if they have one).... right?
Thanks to Richard for posting the pic- I'l grab that for a future pin*bot page iff'n ya don't mind
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all my friends here on Pinside!
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#3986 4 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks to Richard for posting the pic- I'l grab that for a future pin*bot page iff'n ya don't mind

<PICARD>”Permission Granted.”</PICARD>

#3987 4 years ago

I have another 2019 special. Buy before end of year for the best deal.

Pinbot working 100%. I'm also including the following extras (not installed):

- Pinbot machine ($1,600 value)
- New CPR plastics
- New key decals for visor and other areas
- NOS Pinbot playfield and cleared ($1,400 value). VERY RARE.
- New ramps ($350 value)
- New mini playfield ($100 value)

$2,900 takes everything.

#3988 4 years ago

Oof. I wish I had seen that a few months ago! Seems like a smoking opportunity.

#3989 4 years ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Anyone have a link to download the custom roms?

#3990 4 years ago

Having a problem with the plate that drops to allow for multiball capture (white arrow). Over time it has gotten to the point that it's not dropping completely, which sometimes allows a ball to be trapped behind it since it isn't flush with the playfield.

Looking under the playfield, the plate doesn't appear to drop all the way down to the screws below, particularly on the right side (red arrow)--I'm assuming these screws are there to stop the plate at the proper height. I'm wondering if the fix is to use some lubricant like PB Blaster along the guide on each side of the plate (blue arrow).

Your suggestions are really appreciated.

20191228_134604 (resized).jpg20191228_134604 (resized).jpg20191228_134357 (resized).jpg20191228_134357 (resized).jpg
#3991 4 years ago

Mine is getting to be a problem too. My (untested) theory is that the switches that tell the game where the visor is need to be adjusted. Does your motor turn freely? (Don’t force it, I believe you should be able to turn it by hand in one direction.)

Please keep us posted!

#3992 4 years ago

Are any wires hanging it up?

#3993 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I have another 2019 special. Buy before end of year for the best deal.
Pinbot working 100%. I'm also including the following extras (not installed):
- Pinbot machine ($1,600 value)
- New CPR plastics
- New key decals for visor and other areas
- NOS Pinbot playfield and cleared ($1,400 value). VERY RARE.
- New ramps ($350 value)
- New mini playfield ($100 value)
$2,900 takes everything.

Damn.. This could be a fun project.

#3994 4 years ago
Quoted from cngizbleevng:

Having a problem with the plate that drops to allow for multiball capture (white arrow). Over time it has gotten to the point that it's not dropping completely, which sometimes allows a ball to be trapped behind it since it isn't flush with the playfield.
Looking under the playfield, the plate doesn't appear to drop all the way down to the screws below, particularly on the right side (red arrow)--I'm assuming these screws are there to stop the plate at the proper height. I'm wondering if the fix is to use some lubricant like PB Blaster along the guide on each side of the plate (blue arrow).
Your suggestions are really appreciated.[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't use any lubricant. It should be free and smooth and if you put any lubricant in there, once it is worn away, you'll be back at square one. And not only will the ball get stuck behind it but if the target is not all the way down, the ball will launch when it hits it and get stuck in the visor.

As luck would have it I took mine apart this afternoon as mine was going up and down crooked. It's been like that for a while and I bought a bunch of parts but over Christmas the grandkids got frustrated that the ball got stuck and having frustrated grand kids is something I avoid at all costs.

Turns out on mine the Target Guide was broken. But if yours is not, you should take it apart and clean it all so it goes up and down smoothy. You'll see how it works when you get it out in that the motor has a bushing that goes into the carrier and will, if everything is free, bring the targets down to the stops.

Fortunately I had the guide and carrier but since it's apart now, I ordered two new #5647-10529-00 switches from Marco just because. And I'll clean up the contacts and put new foam pads behind the targets. And at some point decide if I should change the motor too as I have a new one in the parts box.

Keep us posted.

///Rich

#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I ordered two new #5647-10529-00

I am needing one of these switches as well. One of the actuator arms on my two are plastic and therefore I can't adjust the arm on it to stop the motor a little later.

At first glance that part number at Marco looks like the arm is a bit shorter than the metal one on my machine. Report back or PM me if it works/doesn't.

#3996 4 years ago

Hello fellow Pinbot owners!

Any leads on where I can pick up this one plastic? I only need the one,not a whole new set.

Thanks,

Bill

6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpg6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpgdesign_guide_MP_Rotator_LIT-461_dom.pdfdesign_guide_MP_Rotator_LIT-461_dom.pdf
#3997 4 years ago

Hello fellow Pinbot owners!

Any leads on where I can pick up this one plastic? I only need the one,not a whole new set.

Thanks,

Bill

6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpg6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpg
#3998 4 years ago

Bay Area Amusements has the single plastic for Bride of Pinbot. It might need a little modification in the clear area, but works I'm told. Mine is apart and waiting for Cliffy's and I'll know for sure.

#3999 4 years ago

I used one for a jack-bot, had to do a little modification to make it work.

#4000 4 years ago

Is this a DPO hack aka I only have wood screws so I’ll use them instead of machine? Or is it what Williams used with metal standoff posts in Pin*Bot? May have to stick with it.

065D110C-0DFD-43FD-9B57-D0C66DA7FEF8 (resized).jpeg065D110C-0DFD-43FD-9B57-D0C66DA7FEF8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/80?hl=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.