IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 122.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Has anyone actually gotten to the sun with the game setup normally (tilt, pitch, 3 balls) and all? Seems like an epic feat.

Made it a fair few times (I play this game a hell of a lot),.. though you just have to be dialled in to the game on a good day. Best I've EVER made was getting to the sun, and getting multiball on the 1st ball. Never been close to that again. Frankly getting to the sun is what brings me back again and again,... just as I think it is time to let Pinbot go,.. boom,.. a rare top game occurs, and he's staying with me for another 6 months.

#3752 4 years ago

I've had my Pin*bot for more than ten years and have made it to the sun a few times. I'm thinking that the million point shot is the bigger challenge. I set it up only once and then pooched the final plunge.

#3753 4 years ago

I've got to the sun probably around 6 times in the 6 years I have had mine. Have got the million plunge three times and missed it a couple. That is harder as you only get one chance.
Have clocked it a few times but not often enough to make it less fun
I use the Rom hack that resets Solar Value each game as IMO that makes it more balanced for home use.

#3754 4 years ago

I didn't even know about the million plunge.

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Has anyone actually gotten to the sun with the game setup normally

No, I don't even try..

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Has anyone actually gotten to the sun with the game setup normally (tilt, pitch, 3 balls) and all? Seems like an epic feat.

We control the universe.

#3757 4 years ago

I hit the million plunge for the first time the other day. Still haven't made it to the sun. Always lots of fun.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Going through my parts stock and cleaning some stuff out.
Pinbot roms (u26 & u27 rev 3) that I no longer need.
I also have what I think is a motor cover and adjustment plate for the chest target bank.
Also a brand new (still has plastic protective film on both sides) visor plastic.
PM me with offers if you want any of this stuff.
[quoted image]

Bracket and motor cover sold. Roms and visor plastic still available.

#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I've had my Pin*bot for more than ten years and have made it to the sun a few times. I'm thinking that the million point shot is the bigger challenge. I set it up only once and then pooched the final plunge.

Same! Got there twice and whiffed it twice. Recently sold my game so likely not going to get another shot.

I reached the sun a few times though I had disabled the auto difficulty setting on the drop targets so I’m sure that helped.

#3760 4 years ago

Hello guys,
Recently the problem referred to the display occurred. The last digits on the right side displays sometimes work properly, sometimes not. Can you give me some advice how to start looking for the solution of this problem?

IMG_20190902_182133 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_182133 (resized).jpg
#3761 4 years ago

So how exactly do you get the million plunge?

#3762 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So how exactly do you get the million plunge?

Score the 100000 point skill shot on the 10th. ball plunge of the same ball.

#3763 4 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Score the 100000 point skill shot on the 10th. ball plunge of the same ball.

Wow! 10 on the same ball! Doubt I will see that anytime soon. I got half way to the sun the other night which was a mile stone for me.

#3764 4 years ago

Starting the upgrades....

ACEF8748-F55C-4EF1-9FEA-5A5ABE2B4C63 (resized).jpegACEF8748-F55C-4EF1-9FEA-5A5ABE2B4C63 (resized).jpeg2B6508F0-7505-4896-AA72-44B8608B526F (resized).jpeg2B6508F0-7505-4896-AA72-44B8608B526F (resized).jpeg88AD1EC4-4F51-4A05-A9C1-E09C6ED6262B (resized).jpeg88AD1EC4-4F51-4A05-A9C1-E09C6ED6262B (resized).jpeg
#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wow! 10 on the same ball! Doubt I will see that anytime soon. I got half way to the sun the other night which was a mile stone for me.

Extra balls count as the same ball for the plunge so if you get a couple of extra balls in a row it makes it more achievable.

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It seems to me, it kind of depends on how much time you have to knock down the 3 drops. Isn‘t the default around 15 seconds ? At that I‘ve gotten there maybe twice. When I first got the game, it was shorter and completely impossible to get more than a few planets.

Anybody know what qualifies the target on the right side of the playfield which spots a planet?

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It seems to me, it kind of depends on how much time you have to knock down the 3 drops. Isn‘t the default around 15 seconds ? At that I‘ve gotten there maybe twice. When I first got the game, it was shorter and completely impossible to get more than a few planets.
Anybody know what qualifies the target on the right side of the playfield which spots a planet?

If i hit it just right on mine I can almost sweep the drops. It’s never a clean sweep like on whirlwind but it’s drops them all nonetheless. I’ve had Pinbot in my collection for about 6 years total (three different machine over the course of a long time) and I’ve made it to the sun probably seven or eight times. I have never made the million point plunge with the game set up correctly. My first Pinbot had broken vortex ramp and a spring that was way too strong. At full plunge it would hit the glass and go in the 100000 hole everytime. That being said, I don’t count that one. Once I changed it I never hit that shot again lol. Of course I suck at pinball so that might be part of the reason.

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Left inlane. But that shot is nearly impossible from the flipper. The only time I hit it is by accident.

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Extra balls count as the same ball for the plunge so if you get a couple of extra balls in a row it makes it more achievable.

Oh nice, yeah that helps.

#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Starting the upgrades....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Taking that RED VS. BLUE theme to another level

#3771 4 years ago

I will be selling a REALLY nice pinbot in the next day or two. If anyone is interested, PM me and I will send pics and info.

#3772 4 years ago

I own a Jack*Bot so this is Pinbot-related... I found this pic of a JB playfield and to me it looks like the target bank has a steel flap on top (to keep balls from getting hung up at the seam when the bank is down?) Like it has two rivets on it. Can’t find any other pics like it.

AF7B368A-3C18-4F41-A15A-BA2CC8FAFB77 (resized).jpegAF7B368A-3C18-4F41-A15A-BA2CC8FAFB77 (resized).jpeg
#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

I own a Jack*Bot so this is Pinbot-related... I found this pic of a JB playfield and to me it looks like the target bank has a steel flap on top (to keep balls from getting hung up at the seam when the bank is down?) Like it has two rivets on it. Can’t find any other pics like it.[quoted image]

Tiny picture, but looks like an operator hack/repair to fix a busted up target bank that probably got broken by being poorly adjusted.

Richard

#3774 4 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Tiny picture, but looks like an operator hack/repair to fix a busted up target bank that probably got broken by being poorly adjusted.
Richard

Yeah I guess if the bank got stuck halfway up, a chunk could eventually get knocked out of the top ledge by the ball and this was a ‘fix’. Or was more like a ‘Cliffy guard’ to protect that ledge. That’s the highest rez pic of that section I found, wish it was clearer.

#3775 4 years ago

I have been having a problem where Pinbot and need a hint on what to check.

On start will report a U10 PIA failure.

When I first got the machine it had this issue, and I socketed/replaced the U10 chip, and the system ran well for a while (couple of months, but probably at least a dozen different times it was powered up and played), then it failed again / replaced and lasted about the same amount of time.. It has since failed again twice after just 1-2 sessions.. And none of the times was game play affected, and only reported an issue when powering up. Perhaps switching the system on or off caused this..

Any best guess what I should look for next ?

#3776 4 years ago

Hey guys just joined the club a few weeks back. Pinbot was always on my want list and I lucked out finding this one exactly one mile from home for a cool $700. Everything was dirty but in really good condition overall. It had been well loved by its family for 15 years with little to no maintenance until it broke a couple years ago. When I picked it up only the flippers, slings and pops were working. I got it home and quickly found the power for everything not working ended at one of the relays under the playfield. As soon as I removed it from its standoffs everything came to life and worked great. I played it on and off for a week while I waited for all the shop goodies to arrive and everything played great. I removed everything topside, cleaned, waxed, new rubber and bulbs and now when I fired it back up that same problem relay continually clicks once a game is started and the drop targets don't reset. I'm still learning on the electrical side of things, is there something specific that would make a relay act this way?

FB_IMG_1567395741755 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1567395741755 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1567395753109 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1567395753109 (resized).jpg

#3777 4 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

is there something specific that would make a relay act this way?

The video is marked as private, cant view it.

#3778 4 years ago

Link fixed. Thanks @impzilla

#3779 4 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

Link fixed. Thanks impzilla

Look on the back side of the relay board for cracked solder joints.

#3780 4 years ago

Has anyone come up with a fix for when the ball gets stuck in the perfectly cut out holes of the robot mask? All I can think is to tape it, but I don’t really want to tape my plastics :/.

A5A2ECD0-603E-42F6-A8FD-078147863008 (resized).jpegA5A2ECD0-603E-42F6-A8FD-078147863008 (resized).jpeg
#3781 4 years ago

Guys: i purchased big daddy's power supply cap kit to rebuild power supply.

I have the caps, but no info on what cap goes where. The manual is a bit difficult to figure out which caps go where.

Is there a listing of what cap (ex. C10) goes with what size capacitor?

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: i purchased big daddy's power supply cap kit to rebuild power supply.
I have the caps, but no info on what cap goes where. The manual is a bit difficult to figure out which caps go where.
Is there a listing of what cap (ex. C10) goes with what size capacitor?

I look at what was on the original board and go from there.

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I have the caps, but no info on what cap goes where.

Remove one cap/replace one cap, and so on and so on. Don't forget the diodes too.

#3784 4 years ago

Hello again! Recently the problem referred to the 5x5 grid has occurred. One of LED's lights stopped shining on the playfield. I checked the LED lamp and found everything is fine with it (I mounted it in other place on the grid and it works correctly).
Do you guys have any idea how to start looking for the reason of the problem and solve it?

#3785 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Do you guys have any idea how to start looking for the reason of the problem and solve it?

Check the diode for this lamp.

#3786 4 years ago

Grumpy: it looks like some
Of the caps on my ps are new. Is there a way to test them? I’d rather not replace them if not needed.

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Grumpy: it looks like some
Of the caps on my ps are new. Is there a way to test them? I’d rather not replace them if not needed.

You can buy a capacitor tester for 150.00 or a set of caps for 16.00. I think it's best to just replace the whole set and not have any worries.

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Starting the upgrades....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, do you hit your knees on those pincups? I thought they were supposed to go on the outside of the game

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone come up with a fix for when the ball gets stuck in the perfectly cut out holes of the robot mask? All I can think is to tape it, but I don’t really want to tape my plastics :/.[quoted image]

Where are your airballs coming from? Address that instead. I can't say I've ever had a ball land there in nearly 2 decades of owning the game.

Richard

#3790 4 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Where are your airballs coming from? Address that instead. I can't say I've ever had a ball land there in nearly 2 decades of owning the game.
Richard

It typically happens when the visor is opening or closing and someone takes a shot that skips off the top of it. In all of the “stop” positions, it is fine. Unfortunately the game allows for multiple times where you can take shots at the thing during transitions.

#3791 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

It typically happens when the visor is opening or closing and someone takes a shot that skips off the top of it. In all of the “stop” positions, it is fine. Unfortunately the game allows for multiple times where you can take shots at the thing during transitions.

Unfortunately. MY visor opens, closes, then reopens, every time I complete the grid. Annoying. But not 100% sure why it does it every time. I also get airballs because of this. But rarely do they ever get stuck. Just momentarily trapped under the visor until it reopens.

#3792 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Unfortunately. MY visor opens, closes, then reopens, every time I complete the grid. Annoying. But not 100% sure why it does it every time. I also get airballs because of this. But rarely do they ever get stuck. Just momentarily trapped under the visor until it reopens.

Does it stay open after the second time?

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Does it stay open after the second time?

Yes. Every time.

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

OK, I gotcha. Strange that I haven't had the ball land on the mask, ever. Maybe cut a clear protector to put on top so there's no cut-out hole for the ball to land in, but the artwork is still 100% visible?

Richard

#3795 4 years ago

Guys, after work I'm going to rebuild the ps board with new caps.

As I'm using pinscore displays, I'd rather NOT replace the caps associated with the displays.

Which caps are these? Where on the ps are they?

#3796 4 years ago

The high voltage caps are C-1 and C-3, both are the same 100 uf 160 volts.
Also remove the high voltage fuse, F-1.

14 (resized).PNG14 (resized).PNG
#3797 4 years ago

I am trying to put coin mechs in my pinbot but I think I am missing some pieces. Anyone have a picture of the inside of the coindoor that has coin mechs?

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

I had this problem with my old Pinbot, likely your visor motor switches need adjustment. The motor runs both directions but if it encounters any resistance it will reverse direction. It will then close again then reopen closing the switch from the other side.

#3799 4 years ago

What am I missing to lock these coin mechs in?

A15BB998-8866-4BA5-A922-FE749D44F9D6 (resized).jpegA15BB998-8866-4BA5-A922-FE749D44F9D6 (resized).jpegBCC00F58-6F93-465B-8C7F-AF1EF8696F95 (resized).jpegBCC00F58-6F93-465B-8C7F-AF1EF8696F95 (resized).jpeg
#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

What am I missing to lock these coin mechs in?[quoted image][quoted image]

Here you go.
100_7891 (resized).JPG100_7891 (resized).JPG

100_7911 (resized).JPG100_7911 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.