Topic Stats

• 3,731 posts
  • 321 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Tomass
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,018 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190817-043054_Gallery (resized).jpg
20190812_191915 (resized).jpg
2019-08-14-05 (2) (resized).JPG
2019-08-14-04 (2) (resized).JPG
A6A33818-3948-48FB-9AAE-453C87C05D10 (resized).jpeg
9411BF97-FF38-404B-9DA7-A7B5ADF0C6DB (resized).jpeg
B4C934A0-B6CA-4B53-97AC-545C5EB0A643 (resized).jpeg
D5B22B4E-7F8F-4D1A-B668-47A16D0E7ED7 (resized).jpeg
0FF93855-7EFF-40A9-83A8-7A5AFD42C789 (resized).jpeg
20190706_224537 (resized).jpg
20190706_224523 (resized).jpg
shop-22 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
board (resized).jpg
Solenoid Table (resized).png
Solenoid Note (resized).png

There are 3731 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.
#3701 34 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Any idea why someone would put that on here if it's not factory??

Because they didn't have an A/C relay and they know a snubber relay will work. Snubber relays were more prevalent on some machines like F-14.

#3702 34 days ago

I didn't know this club forum existed. I just posted a tech question relating to my Pinbot in the "Early SS Tech" section.

#3703 32 days ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Because they didn't have an A/C relay and they know a snubber relay will work. Snubber relays were more prevalent on some machines like F-14.

Would there be any benefit to me switching it out for an ac?

#3704 32 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Would there be any benefit to me switching it out for an ac?

No.

1 week later
#3705 20 days ago

Has anyone had an issue with the PinBot visor plastic hitting the rubber rings from inside of the eye sockets? This is an old picture, but basically I have new silicone runners on there and they stop it from closing all of the way.

It doesn’t seem like there is enough space to bend the plastic, it is a super tight fit. All I could think would be to attempt to sheer off some of the rubber.

B4C934A0-B6CA-4B53-97AC-545C5EB0A643 (resized).jpeg
#3706 20 days ago

Is anyone selling/trading a pinbot or have a lead on one?

#3707 20 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I do. Massachusetts though.

#3708 20 days ago

Question for the group. My shooter lane gate keeps coming loose at the side where it attaches on the playfield side (through the plastic). I’m not sure the hardware is correct, the game came to me with a metal spacer tube and a long screw to hold that side of the gate down. This screw keeps backing out and coming loose after some play.

Can anyone tell me what the correct hardware is at that location and/or how to keep the shooter lane gate attached well?

#3709 19 days ago

Could worn EOS switches be responsible for blowing the flipper fuse? Users are blowing that 4Amp fuse by holding the flippers. I think these need replaced, but I don’t know if this is a possible root cause.

9411BF97-FF38-404B-9DA7-A7B5ADF0C6DB (resized).jpeg
#3710 19 days ago

Does the switch open when the flipper is up?

#3711 19 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Good question, going to test.

#3712 19 days ago

I realize it's a picture angle, but make sure the 2 switch stack screws aren't touching the solenoid...

#3713 19 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Could worn EOS switches be responsible for blowing the flipper fuse? Users are blowing that 4Amp fuse by holding the flippers. I think these need replaced, but I don’t know if this is a possible root cause.[quoted image]

Yes.

#3714 19 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Well.... I’ve seen a few in philly area. But if you wanna come to Phoenix I have one. Of course, you would have to pry it outta my sons hands tho. Fully restored. Playfield swapped with NOS fully clear coated. New rubbers. New plastics all around. Game plays amazing like off the line. But honestly, I wouldn’t let it go under $3k. So if you want an amazing one lemme know. Otherwise, good luck. They are out there! Great game!

#3715 19 days ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well.... I’ve seen a few in philly area. But if you wanna come to Phoenix I have one. Of course, you would have to pry it outta my sons hands tho. Fully restored. Playfield swapped with NOS fully clear coated. New rubbers. New plastics all around. Game plays amazing like off the line. But honestly, I wouldn’t let it go under $3k. So if you want an amazing one lemme know. Otherwise, good luck. They are out there! Great game!

They made a ton of them, so they certainly aren't rare...but I keep having pinbot deals fall through unfortunately.

#3716 19 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone had an issue with the PinBot visor plastic hitting the rubber rings from inside of the eye sockets? This is an old picture, but basically I have new silicone runners on there and they stop it from closing all of the way.
It doesn’t seem like there is enough space to bend the plastic, it is a super tight fit. All I could think would be to attempt to sheer off some of the rubber.[quoted image]

I had that same issue with mine. The edges of the visor plastic was warped a little. I just ended up removing the rubber from those two posts. Not a perfect fix but it works

#3717 19 days ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Your diagnostic path was correct, the end of that EOS switch broke off such that it never actually opened because it could no longer be impacted by the flipper bracket.

#3718 19 days ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I had that same issue with mine. The edges of the visor plastic was warped a little. I just ended up removing the rubber from those two posts. Not a perfect fix but it works

Thanks for the reply. That kind of sucks. Maybe they weren’t designed to have rubbers on them?

#3719 18 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Thanks for the reply. That kind of sucks. Maybe they weren’t designed to have rubbers on them?

My other two both had rubber with no problem. The edges of the visor plastic curve in ever so slightly on this one which causes it to rub. I just didn’t want to fool with trying to heat it and bend it so I took the simplest fix and just removed those rubbers

1 week later
#3720 11 days ago

I guys! I'm thinking about cleaning the playfield of my PINBOT. I've read Vid's Guide referred to this topic and I found out that the best cleaner for it is VM&P Naphta manufactured by Klean Strip.

I my country there's not possible to buy the procucts of this supplier that's why I need to ask you for advice.
In my country I'm able to buy product called "Nafta" which is used for cleaning tools, for traditional lamps (it's flammable) etc. It is petroleum product and smells terrebly. Do you think this is the same product and it's safe for my playfield?

#3721 11 days ago
Quoted from lecter:

I guys! I'm thinking about cleaning the playfield of my PINBOT. I've read Vid's Guide referred to this topic and I found out that the best cleaner for it is VM&P Naphta manufactured by Klean Strip.
I my country there's not possible to buy the procucts of this supplier that's why I need to ask you for advice.
In my country I'm able to buy product called "Nafta" which is used for cleaning tools, for traditional lamps (it's flammable) etc. It is petroleum product and smells terrebly. Do you think this is the same product and it's safe for my playfield?

Manufactures guide states :
What is the difference between naphtha and VM&P naphtha?
Essentially, this chemical is a petroleum solvent that is going to be somewhat comparable to paint thinner. However, the big difference is that VM&P Naphtha is going to be more volatile and it also dries much faster. It is going to produce a more sweeter smell than most would be accustom to.

#3722 11 days ago

Helping a friend with a restoration. We had some decals printed up and got a few extra sets if anyone needs them. I want to get it all mounted and make sure its perfect before letting any go though.
A6A33818-3948-48FB-9AAE-453C87C05D10 (resized).jpeg

#3723 10 days ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Helping a friend with a restoration. We had some decals printed up and got a few extra sets if anyone needs them. I want to get it all mounted and make sure its perfect before letting any go though.
[quoted image]

Those look good, I would be interested in a set for my Pinbot. My helmet decal is peeling away from the plastic

#3724 10 days ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

I'd be in for a set also. Looking for visor and helmet. Let me know. Thanks

#3725 8 days ago

After 25 years of collecting a Pinbot made its way to me.Bought 3 games,T2,judge Dredd and what I thought was a lonely Pinbot.Wow,after replacing the power supply and some general fixes,I realized the beauty of this game.Ruleset is sweet ,giving you several ways to play the field.T2 is now gone and hopefully the nice Judge Dredd is next.Keeping the dark horse pin that is in really nice condition.Mylared plafield,and a near perfect Cabinet that was clear coated way back in the days.This game is impressive in its all around playability.So,can I join this Club and enjoy Pinbot.One hella of a pin.

#3726 8 days ago
Quoted from locksmith:

After 25 years of collecting a Pinbot made its way to me.Bought 3 games,T2,judge Dredd and what I thought was a lonely Pinbot.Wow,after replacing the power supply and some general fixes,I realized the beauty of this game.Ruleset is sweet ,giving you several ways to play the field.T2 is now gone and hopefully the nice Judge Dredd is next.Keeping the dark horse pin that is in really nice condition.Mylared plafield,and a near perfect Cabinet that was clear coated way back in the days.This game is impressive in its all around playability.So,can I join this Club and enjoy Pinbot.One hella of a pin.

Good write up and welcome to the club.

#3727 7 days ago

Just posted my Bride of Pinbot if anyone is interested

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Nice Bride of Pinbot. It has a brand new center ramp, new posts, LEDs, etc. Please review all pictures to determine condition. If you need more detailed pictures let me know. ...”
10 days ago
Kearsley , MI
3,999 (Firm)

#3728 6 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have one in Nebraska

#3729 6 days ago

Hey Folks I'm selling my Pinbot in Portland, OR

Archived after 4 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
Pinbot Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Great player's condition Pinbot, working nearly 100%. Some typical playfield wear on the eye ejects and the upper left eject hole. Playfield cleaned, waxed with new rubber and new ...”
2019-08-13
Portland, OR
1,800 (Firm)

#3730 4 days ago

Having recently shopped my Pin*bot, I used some of the old parts to make a 3D wall sculpture...

2019-08-14-04 (2) (resized).JPG

2019-08-14-05 (2) (resized).JPG

#3731 2 days ago

Played a terrible game with my wife and thought it was cool that my score was exactly double hers.

20190812_191915 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190817-043054_Gallery (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,695 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brantford, ON
$ 50.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 3731 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 75.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside