Topic Stats

• 4,033 posts
  • 342 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by GRUMPY
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,108 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200117_201313 (resized).jpg
pinbot big (resized).jpg
01702618-3E2F-47B6-B66C-A4CBB09CB202.jpeg
Image (resized).png
66006A25-3E62-4F65-ACEE-18E705FE0D6B (resized).jpeg
15788538608476766192522998523739 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).JPG
788F10C4-6AD8-4697-98EF-11BDB8F942A3 (resized).jpeg
065D110C-0DFD-43FD-9B57-D0C66DA7FEF8 (resized).jpeg
6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpg
6edd9dcaaa9e2bbc96d50e435ea3d2aad54d6180 (resized).jpg
design_guide_MP_Rotator_LIT-461_dom.pdf (PDF preview)
20191228_134357 (resized).jpg
20191228_134604 (resized).jpg
D4F8A987-0232-4548-AD91-101CCFC09BEB (resized).jpeg
2F66ADA4-8114-44AE-BABA-E24AFA671184 (resized).jpeg

There are 4033 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 81.
#3601 8 months ago

Recently swapped mine into the house from garage, playing it a lot lately, now going ahead with changing it up lighting wise and with some new parts and plastics. Full shop job too. Play field is still pretty good, although happy I just snagged a new CPR one for later. Plan to post a before and after when done. What makes this game so good? Simple rules, not that easy to complete, and deadly outlanes to make you play better! Art and SFX are well done too.

#3602 8 months ago

Question: When I connect the pinbot visor motor and turn on my machine it runs continuously opening and closing. It is a project machine I am bringing back to life and I am doing initial diagnosis. All tips greatly appreciated.

#3603 8 months ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Question: When I connect the pinbot visor motor and turn on my machine it runs continuously opening and closing. It is a project machine I am bringing back to life and I am doing initial diagnosis. All tips greatly appreciated.

Switch closes on the motor are not reading? The motor does not know if it is up/down...
Go to switch test and check.

#3604 8 months ago

Got 2 balls in it?

#3605 8 months ago

New to the club. Always loved pinbot. Sold a really nice restored Jokerz at TPF then turned directly around and bought this!

Went with the red/blue LEDs and also red/blue Titan rubber.

Does anyone else's visor open up, go back down, and open back up again after filling up the grid? Mine does. Thought it was odd, but otherwise havent found any more issues.

Excited to read everyone elses experiences with it!

20190323_222833 (resized).jpg20190403_085347 (resized).jpgIMG_20190506_004907 (resized).jpg
#3606 8 months ago

My visor does the same, which I know isn't correct. It should open once after grid is completed. I know it's fix is something to do with the two switches under the mech. Just haven't had time to tinker.

SIDE NOTE: most of these system 11s have horrid ball hop from inlane to flipper. Anyone try out Cliffy's new inlane guides designed to help this issue??

#3607 8 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

New to the club. Always loved pinbot. Sold a really nice restored Jokerz at TPF then turned directly around and bought this!
Went with the red/blue LEDs and also red/blue Titan rubber.
Does anyone else's visor open up, go back down, and open back up again after filling up the grid? Mine does. Thought it was odd, but otherwise havent found any more issues.
Excited to read everyone elses experiences with it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately for me, mine does not do this, but something else .. Picked one up at pinfest, got home, had to remove the head to get it downstairs, thought I was super careful with re-attaching all the wire harnesses, and plugs. After re-assembly and power on got a 'U10 PIA' error.. Found one of cpu board wires off by 1.. UGG.. Everything I found says it could be one chip to replace (maybe not too bad), or it could basically be anything else... Will be having some fun this coming week..

#3608 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My visor does the same, which I know isn't correct. It should open once after grid is completed. I know it's fix is something to do with the two switches under the mech. Just haven't had time to tinker.
SIDE NOTE: most of these system 11s have horrid ball hop from inlane to flipper. Anyone try out Cliffy's new inlane guides designed to help this issue??

Yes, the Cliffys are a wonderful addition. Well with the price of admission. I have them in two of my machines, Pinbot and Playboy 35th, and they make the ball roll through the flipper returns lanes seemlessly.

#3609 8 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Unfortunately for me, mine does not do this, but something else .. Picked one up at pinfest, got home, had to remove the head to get it downstairs, thought I was super careful with re-attaching all the wire harnesses, and plugs. After re-assembly and power on got a 'U10 PIA' error.. Found one of cpu board wires off by 1.. UGG.. Everything I found says it could be one chip to replace (maybe not too bad), or it could basically be anything else... Will be having some fun this coming week..

For future reference.. many of the system 11 games have connectors in between the backbox and cabinet. Specifically for that purpose. I only know this because I removed the plugs and grounds from every board also. Only to find out a few days afterwards that was not necessary.

My stairs have a stupid 45° curve halfway down and the machine cant make the turn with the head on.

#3610 8 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

For future reference.. many of the system 11 games have connectors in between the backbox and cabinet. Specifically for that purpose. I only know this because I removed the plugs and grounds from every board also. Only to find out a few days afterwards that was not necessary.
My stairs have a stupid 45° curve halfway down and the machine cant make the turn with the head on.

I had noticed this after popping out a dozen of the connectors from the mb, lol.. Next move of it will be alot easier, although I plan on never letting it leave, well unless I decide I want to try to cleanup and fix the somewhat well enjoyed cabinet!

Otherwise, I am stoked now, I had known buying this the display was erratic when I bought it (but was reported to be working if you didnt mind that), had a new display shipped, showed up today. Just finished getting that all attached, turned it on to test it, pinbot claimed it could see me!! The u10 error is gone! Tommorow will see if all else is working ok... And plot to get the bride in here..

#3611 8 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

And plot to get the bride in here..

He is lonely without his bride... He was only a bachelor for 2 years when I brought her home for him. Mine have been married for 25 years. Someday the prodigal Jackbot might make it a complete family, but I am afraid Taxi might ruin those plans, along with the wife, who has swore an oath that Jackbot will never grace these halls or walls while she lives here... she will not give up the space for a duplicate playfield, when we already have it in Pinbot, because that space belongs to the next remake of TAF... when CGC gets to it.

#3612 8 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

but I am afraid Taxi might ruin those plans,

Cant go wrong with Taxi though!

#3613 8 months ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Does anyone else's visor open up, go back down, and open back up again after filling up the grid? Mine does.

In my case, the issue was that the actuator arm of one of the visor switches was bent and blocked travel of the visor mech in one direction. This type of motor starts in an arbitrary direction and simply changes direction when travel in one sense is blocked. So whenever the motor started in the "good" direction, everything worked as it should, i.e. the visor opened and stopped. When the motor started in the opposite direction, on the other hand, the bent actuator eventually blocked travel (when the visor was open), which made the motor change direction, first closing the visor and then opening it.

Bending the actuator arm of the switch was all I had to do to fix the problem. It took me several attempts to get the mech to work reliably, but I have not had a single issue with the visor since.

#3614 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes they work great. Well worth the investment, IMO.

#3615 8 months ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

In my case, the issue was that the actuator arm of one of the visor switches was bent and blocked travel of the visor mech in one direction. This type of motor starts in an arbitrary direction and simply changes direction when travel in one sense is blocked. So whenever the motor started in the "good" direction, everything worked as it should, i.e. the visor opened and stopped. When the motor started in the opposite direction, on the other hand, the bent actuator eventually blocked travel (when the visor was open), which made the motor change direction, first closing the visor and then opening it.
Bending the actuator arm of the switch was all I had to do to fix the problem. It took me several attempts to get the mech to work reliably, but I have not had a single issue with the visor since.

Nice explanation as I'm dealing with this now. Someone (maybe you?) had posted a video on here showing the nob of the spinning motor hitting the switch actuator arm, stopping, and going the other direction. I'm assuming the motor is very touchy?

Anyway, I'm guessing you just bent that activator arm up just a tad so the motor could run under it and activate it?

#3616 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'm assuming the motor is very touchy?

Not really. Simple AC motors like these are very sturdy I think. It's the switch arms that bend easily.

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyway, I'm guessing you just bent that activator arm up just a tad so the motor could run under it and activate it?

The attached image (from the operator's manual) shows how the actuator arms should look like.

PB Visor Mech Drawing (resized).png
#3617 8 months ago

Thanks.

I unscrewed my motor assembly last night and watched it work. The switches are perfect (unbent and aligned) and they test fine. However, the visor will still open more than once unnecessarily.

Somewhat stuck.

#3618 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks.
I unscrewed my motor assembly last night and watched it work. The switches are perfect (unbent and aligned) and they test fine. However, the visor will still open more than once unnecessarily.
Somewhat stuck.

You tested the switches manually ? Can you tell if the assembly is worn or depresses the arms on the switches far enough to close the contacts inside ?

#3619 8 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

You tested the switches manually ? Can you tell if the assembly is worn or depresses the arms on the switches far enough to close the contacts inside ?

I did test them manually. They look and act perfect.

The only thing I noticed, and wondering now if it may be the issue, is one of the yellow motor wires is worn down a bit. Wonder if this would cause this specific issue?

#3620 8 months ago

BLUF: Which of these board connections controls right side G.I. lighting?

I'm backing up in the troubleshooting of my project Pinbot and am trying to fix the simpler things first. I'm changing over to LEDs but the right side GI lighting is out (and has been out since I have had it). I am looking through the manual and found a couple of culprits it could be and will begin with checking the connections on the boards themselves. There are also a couple of severed wires I will be hunting down.

In any case, I think I have found the right portion of the manual and wanted to know if anybody knew defenitivly which of these connections actually control the GI lighting. I think it's nothing on the CPU board, and only controlled by the power board but wanted to check. Any and all help
appreciated.

If it's on the board I'm thinking it is most likely connection A,B, or C but wouldn't know which wires within.

Thanks!

PSB (resized).pngCPU (resized).pngLamp Matrix (resized).png
#3621 8 months ago

It is B and C on the power supply.

#3622 8 months ago

C is GI power in, B is GI power out. Only those two connections. There is also a bank of fuses for the GI mounted in the backbox, double check those are all 5A slow blow and remove them to test if they're good. On connector B, each GI string has a solid color wire and white wire with a matching stripe pair (ex: green and white/green), look under the playfield at the non working GI sockets for the correct color wires. Keeping in mind that those wires might only be connected to one lamp socket, and jumper wires might be used to go to the other lamps in the string (typically yellow).

#3623 8 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

C is GI power in, B is GI power out. Only those two connections. There is also a bank of fuses for the GI mounted in the backbox, double check those are all 5A slow blow and remove them to test if they're good. On connector B, each GI string has a solid color wire and white wire with a matching stripe pair (ex: green and white/green), look under the playfield at the non working GI sockets for the correct color wires. Keeping in mind that those wires might only be connected to one lamp socket, and jumper wires might be used to go to the other lamps in the string (typically yellow).

Thanks guys! I'll give it a shot when I get home!

#3624 8 months ago

Guys just installed Cliffys inlane guides. They’re kick ass!

Eliminated the ball hop from inlane to flipper.

Recommended!!

#3625 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys just installed Cliffys inlane guides. They’re kick ass!
Eliminated the ball hop from inlane to flipper.
Recommended!!

Pictures?

#3626 8 months ago

I thought it would be worth asking once more time. Anyone happen to have a pair of the plastic retainers to hold in the coin mechs? I believe they are specific to the WICO door used on Pinbot. I need two in order to install my coin mechs. I'd like to buy a pair but would be willing to trade parts or repair work for them.

If you have some please send me a PM.

#3627 8 months ago

They look like the originals but a few millimeters thicker.

Recommend if you have annoying ball hop.

#3628 8 months ago

This.

Problem with mine though, on the left side , the guide sticks too far left and the ball cannot go UP the inlane up to the switch because it's hitting the wireform dividing the left outlane/inlane. See picture.

A bit annoying but hey...

And old guide mashed up
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).png
#3629 8 months ago

I see your issue. I'll check mine at home.

Did you remedy it in any way?

#3630 8 months ago

I’m struggling trying to save my Pinbot. Any help would be much appreciated. Here is the link. Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-solenoid-issues-the-game-is-going-crazy-and-so-am-i-lol#post-4986931

#3631 8 months ago

Can you take two more photos?

1. directly above the frame and the flipper "hinge" so we can see that the frame is just above the height of the flipper
2. ball guide centered with frame end in bottom part of pic, so we can see how far away the guide is from lining up with the end of the frame

I'll go look at mine to compare.

For great Williams pinball ball action, it is essential that the ball can moonwalk easily, which requires:
A. alignment (your problem)
B. switch height being just right

#3632 8 months ago

My cliffy doesn’t do that plutonium

#3633 8 months ago

Is anyone making these decals? I have a new set for the spiral ramp but am looking the visor decal, upper helmet, and blue ramp decals. Everyone seems to be sold out.

2932FFAC-A84C-4F25-927B-D4771DF7952A (resized).jpeg
#3634 8 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Is anyone making these decals? I have a new set for the spiral ramp but am looking the visor decal, upper helmet, and blue ramp decals. Everyone seems to be sold out.
[quoted image]

I asked a few months ago. There are some waterslide versions out there, but I would prefer actual stickers. Let me know if you find them.

#3635 8 months ago
Quoted from mof:

Can you take two more photos?
1. directly above the frame and the flipper "hinge" so we can see that the frame is just above the height of the flipper
2. ball guide centered with frame end in bottom part of pic, so we can see how far away the guide is from lining up with the end of the frame
I'll go look at mine to compare.
For great Williams pinball ball action, it is essential that the ball can moonwalk easily, which requires:
A. alignment (your problem)
B. switch height being just right

Ill try to get pictures.

Both frames are identical so I doubt Cliffy sent me the wrong thing. It was not doing that prior to by restoration tough...

#3636 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My cliffy doesn’t do that plutonium

Do you have the enhanced version?

#3637 8 months ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Do you have the enhanced version?

Must be. I think the packaging said that.

These are a must have I believe.

#3638 8 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

You can get the visor decal at Planetary...Just look under Jackbot...Same decal.

#3639 8 months ago

Having a weird issue:

Once in awhile, the music isn’t on during ball 1, just sounds. However, it’ll come on for ball 2 and 3. I wait for the “bong” upon startup too.

Any ideas? Anyone have this issue? My taxi does it sometimes too.

#3640 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Having a weird issue:
Once in awhile, the music isn’t on during ball 1, just sounds. However, it’ll come on for ball 2 and 3. I wait for the “bong” upon startup too.

Not on my pinbot, but my Johnny Mnemonic does that, after turning it on, half or more of the time, first ball will be silent, then 2nd ball has voice and music, and sometime (much more rare) just sounds for a single ball.. Anyways, never really looked into why it is, since it so far has always worked within a few minutes..

#3641 8 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

You can get the visor decal at Planetary...Just look under Jackbot...Same decal.

Unfortunately, there are differences.

#3642 8 months ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

[quoted image]

http://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=pinbot

#3643 8 months ago
Quoted from wombat:

Unfortunately, there are differences.

Noted...There is a difference in blue shade and a slight difference in the red shade but otherwise perfect fit.

#3644 8 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Having a weird issue:

My Pinbot has a similar problem, turned out the -12v on the power supply was low, around -10v, which can cause resets on the sound board. It needs to be higher than 10.5.
I was able to fix the problem by replacing the capacitors on the power supply as they were original and dried out.

#3645 8 months ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

My Pinbot has a similar problem, turned out the -12v on the power supply was low, around -10v, which can cause resets on the sound board. It needs to be higher than 10.5.
I was able to fix the problem by replacing the capacitors on the power supply as they were original and dried out.

Thanks.

Wonder if I can swap
My taxi power supply to test.

#3646 8 months ago

Question on the power supply board. I have two spots where a wire appears to have been ripped off or something missing. Do yours look like this? I have circled the areas in question. If you do have something here, can I see a photo?

20190514_195714 (resized).jpg
#3647 8 months ago

Question on the power supply board. I have two spots where a wire appears to have been ripped off or something missing. Do yours look like this? I have circled the areas in question. If you do have something here, can I see a photo?
[quoted image]

You are alright there is different capacitor on yours..

20190514_201012 (resized).jpg
#3648 8 months ago

I have a q of my own, when looking through the game there are several small boards like these. Just resisters that mention lamp / driver.. On mine all of the ground wires are cut.. Everything appears to be working, not sure why this was done..

cut1 (resized).jpgcut2 (resized).jpg
#3649 8 months ago

Do you have LED flashers installed? That would be req’d if you do as these warming resistors send a small amount of juice to the lamp which is enough to light an LED.

#3650 8 months ago
Quoted from Completist:

Do you have LED flashers installed? That would be req’d if you do as these warming resistors send a small amount of juice to the lamp which is enough to light an LED.

I do, that explains that Thanks..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Waxahachie, TX
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
There are 4033 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 81.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside