20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 122.
#3501 5 years ago

Just messaged the Alltek website with the following note:

"I have an Eight Ball Deluxe (1984 version) that the previous owner put an Alltek MPU board in. It seems to be model number HS3-94V-0 based on what's stamped on it. There's the number 1531 stamped below the other numbers. The game dipswitches are correctly placed for this EBD game. My problem is that I can't seem to set it up for free-play. I moved the left-most switch up (on), and flipped off switch 27, but the credits display is still lit and the credits are running down. I tried switching off 16 and 20 (one at a time) and they didn't turn off the credits panel either. Is this board an earlier board that didn't support free play? Or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help you can offer."

I'll post their response if it might be useful for other players here.

#3502 5 years ago

Looking to get back into the club.

If anyone is selling within a few hours drive from Erie Pa OR Buffalo NY, let me know.

OR if anyone is coming to Pinfest with one.

WTB.

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from Metzu:

hi guys can anybody help me to see if this pinbot they are offering me has a working multiball?i have a video of it

This should not be difficult to see.
Does the game:
1. open the visor
2. lock one ball into an "eye"
3. feed the second ball into the trough for launch into play
4. lock the second ball into the other "eye"
5. release one ball and then the other for two ball multi-ball

#3504 5 years ago

Looking for this bracket. Anyone have a line on one?

Screenshot_20190403-201948_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190403-201948_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

Here? https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148

But while you're at it, you should probably get this...

https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=169

...just in case.

///Rich

#3506 5 years ago

Beware of the target carrier. It was too wide for my opening and I destroyed it trying to make it fit. My original was ok, so I was fine.

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

[quoted image]

Shapeways has one as well...little pricey but it's the same

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Shapeways has one as well...little pricey but it's the same

The shapeways one was created to fix my PINBOT...been working flawlessly for over 3 years now. I believe it was created by a talented pinsider.

#3509 5 years ago

Hi pinbot club. I'm looking for a decent picture of the cab art so I can digitize it to do a stencil

#3510 5 years ago

I remember someone redid toppers.

Are they still available?

#3511 5 years ago
Quoted from burninatorus:

Hi pinbot club. I'm looking for a decent picture of the cab art so I can digitize it to do a stencil

Jeff has a nice set here.
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=492

#3512 5 years ago

The game manual didn't show locations for the rubber parts as most manuals do. Shown below is what I came up with. I'm not saying this is correct, but it's what was on my game and it seems to work. Note the 1" ring below the center jet bumper and the 4" ring to the right on the jet bumpers. Theses rings don't have a letter designation and were not in the ring kit I bought.

rubberpartsbig (resized).jpgrubberpartsbig (resized).jpg

#3513 5 years ago

Hey all. My Newly restored PinBot is up and running, all except for my left (middle) jet bumper. I’ve tried numerous things but to no success. During the first few game plays after restoration, it became energized (possibly contacted my ground) and began to smoke. I quickly turned off my machine and removed/replaced the coil (which was now melted inside). New coil and sleeve, and even a brand new leaf switch which I ordered fully populated. Still doesn’t work. Light works in it, but no action. Says switch 48 error at start up after 5 knocks. I’ve gone over the boars, and everything looks good. Nothing burnt out. Looked at R106/107 and all is well.
Ideas? Thanks for the help. The game plays perfect otherwise, just at a loss right now

#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Hey all. My Newly restored PinBot is up and running, all except for my left (middle) jet bumper. I’ve tried numerous things but to no success. During the first few game plays after restoration, it became energized (possibly contacted my ground) and began to smoke. I quickly turned off my machine and removed/replaced the coil (which was now melted inside). New coil and sleeve, and even a brand new leaf switch which I ordered fully populated. Still doesn’t work. Light works in it, but no action. Says switch 48 error at start up after 5 knocks. I’ve gone over the boars, and everything looks good. Nothing burnt out. Looked at R106/107 and all is well.
Ideas? Thanks for the help. The game plays perfect otherwise, just at a loss right now

Switch 48 is the switch for the that jet bumper. Have you put it switch test and tried manually activating the switch?

Also, the left jet bumper is Special Solenoid 3 and you need to test Q73, which more than likely is bad and what caused the lock up in the first place.

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Switch 48 is the switch for the that jet bumper. Have you put it switch test and tried manually activating the switch?
Also, the left jet bumper is Special Solenoid 3 and you need to test Q73, which more than likely is bad and what caused the lock up in the first place.

Yes. I was thinking it was Q73. My next option is to replace it and go from there. Thx for input. Just trying to get everything working. Seems like when I fix one issue another pops up. So frustrating. But it’s coming along thanks to all my fellow pinsiders

#3516 5 years ago

@jfink8222 make sure to properly gap the pop bumper switch. The prepopulated ones are not pre gapped

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

@jfink8222 make sure to properly gap the pop bumper switch. The prepopulated ones are not pre gapped

+1

#3518 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Yes. I was thinking it was Q73. My next option is to replace it and go from there. Thx for input. Just trying to get everything working. Seems like when I fix one issue another pops up. So frustrating. But it’s coming along thanks to all my fellow pinsiders

Also, sounds like it's time for that Special Solenoid Saver board.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-saver-board-for-wms-3-7

20 minute install and great for peace of mind!

///Rich

#3519 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

Also, sounds like it's time for that Special Solenoid Saver board.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/special-solenoid-saver-board-for-wms-3-7
20 minute install and great for peace of mind!
///Rich

That's only for system 3-7. Pinbot is a system 11

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

That's only for system 3-7. Pinbot is a system 11

Works fine on system 11, label is just incorrect. I printed a small grid with correct labeling and mounted in close to the board.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Works fine on system 11, label is just incorrect. I printed a small grid with correct labeling and mounted in close to the board.

Excellent!

#3522 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

This. I installed it and the fuse mod for piece of mind. Thus far no issues

#3523 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will get me one of those boards and get it installed. I have ordered the transistor replacement and will hopefully get a chance to fix this weekend.

#3524 5 years ago

Here's the install in my Pinbot. I also went for the Inkochnito Bridge Board to get rid of the old large cap and add the rectifier fuses.

///Rich

P1000227 (resized).jpgP1000227 (resized).jpgP1000208 (resized).jpgP1000208 (resized).jpgP1000209 (resized).jpgP1000209 (resized).jpg
#3525 5 years ago

Hello Guys,
I own my first pinball machine (Pinbot ’86) and I’m not experienced in it. In order to avoid any mistakes and defects I must ask you a few questions how to clean the surface of the playfield. Can I use classic cleaning supplies dedicated to furniture? The same question is referred to wax.
Is there any reason that I must use the cleaning supplies and waxes dedicated to pinball machines (they are more expensive)?

#3526 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hello Guys,
I own my first pinball machine (Pinbot ’86) and I’m not experienced in it. In order to avoid any mistakes and defects I must ask you a few questions how to clean the surface of the playfield. Can I use classic cleaning supplies dedicated to furniture? The same question is referred to wax.
Is there any reason that I must use the cleaning supplies and waxes dedicated to pinball machines (they are more expensive)?

I would look at VID's Guide to Cleaning and Waxing Pinball Machines - a good place to start.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#3527 5 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I would look at VID's Guide to Cleaning and Waxing Pinball Machines - a good place to start.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

Thank you very much!

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Thank you very much!

As a quick rundown - do not use anything that is meant for furniture cleaning on a playfield. Your playfield also should have a lacquer finish so harsh chemicals can cause serious damage. Don't use anything water based either. I have had excellent luck using naphtha (basically lighter fluid) on tables for cleaning. Vid's guide linked above goes into this in excellent detail.

#3529 5 years ago

Hey guys. Got the solonoid saver kit. What plug does it go into on Pinbot? Instructions show 2J12 but there is not a 2J12.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Hey guys. Got the solonoid saver kit. What plug does it go into on Pinbot? Instructions show 2J12 but there is not a 2J12.

1J19

///Rich

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

1J19
///Rich[quoted image]

Rock on Rich. Thanks so much

#3532 5 years ago

Today I pulled out the visor motor assembly to clean it up, and the bushing on the cam was stuck fast to the stud with dried gunk. A little warming with a hair dryer and I was able to remove it, and now that it and the stud are cleaned up it turns freely again. Is this part supposed to be lubed at all? If so I'll add a touch of Super Lube, but my guess is it's supposed to remain dry.

bushing (resized).jpgbushing (resized).jpg
#3533 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Today I pulled out the visor motor assembly to clean it up, and the bushing on the cam was stuck fast to the stud with dried gunk. A little warming with a hair dryer and I was able to remove it, and now that it and the stud are cleaned up it turns freely again. Is this part supposed to be lubed at all? If so I'll add a touch of Super Lube, but my guess is it's supposed to remain dry.
[quoted image]

I've recently used just a little bit of lubricant because it didn't turn freely. Anyway you should know that on my device there's a sticker like this:

Lubricant (resized).jpgLubricant (resized).jpg
#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

I've recently used just a little bit of lubricant because it didn't turn freely. Anyway you should know that on my device there's a sticker like this:[quoted image]

I've never seen that sticker before. Since it mentions destroying the plastic of the target assembly, I bet it refers to the sides of the switch carrier & plastic retainers that it slides up & down on.

#3535 5 years ago

Guys:

I’ve run across a pinbot with what seems to be a vent in the backbox and I’m not sure if it’s factory or not. My old pinbot didn’t have it.

Has anyone’s pinbot have this vent as well?

4ECB7678-ED49-4659-9116-0F5A16DBB72F (resized).jpeg4ECB7678-ED49-4659-9116-0F5A16DBB72F (resized).jpeg
#3536 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’m not sure if it’s factory or not.

Its not, but someone did a nice clean job.
Now install some fuses on the bridge rectifiers and recap the power supply.

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Its not, but someone did a nice clean job.
Now install some fuses on the bridge rectifiers and recap the power supply.

Agreed, not original. And although that vent is just passive...it reminds me of the Major Havoc conversion kits for Tempest, Space Duel, etc. The color vector monitors ran stupid hot so Atari wised up and included a pretty good sized fan to mount in the cabinet near the monitor's deflection board and the chassis-mount deflection transistors, and a punched metal grille for the back door. IIRC the dedicated cabinet already had a fan but it was mounted down low in the pedestal.

Richard

#3538 5 years ago

Well, Q73 was the culprit! Now she is fully functional and my 5yr old loves it! Thanks for the help everyone!!

4D084C08-F86F-4702-A4B6-42146D1351C8.jpeg4D084C08-F86F-4702-A4B6-42146D1351C8.jpeg
#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Well, Q73 was the culprit! Now she is fully functional and my 5yr old loves it! Thanks for the help everyone!!
[quoted image]

It looks nice!!! Good work!

I could be wrong but it appears that all your LED flashers are locked on. There is a way to get them to act normally, if this is in fact the case, by removing the grounds from the resistor boards.

#3540 5 years ago

3D printing

Someone has the 3D model files for both light baffles in Pinbot backbox? The mask and the 5 lights.

Thanks for sharing!

#3541 5 years ago

Finally acquired a Pinbot last week! This is my first System 11 and I’m confused why the capacitors for the flippers are mounted this way. I assume this is a hack. How is it supposed to look? I have a system 11 flipper rebuild kit from Marco but it doesn’t have the capacitors.

13760EE7-0E79-459B-847A-2BAB851A3E82 (resized).jpeg13760EE7-0E79-459B-847A-2BAB851A3E82 (resized).jpeg56B475BA-6FD1-48A8-90D6-E8A17E56FEE5 (resized).jpeg56B475BA-6FD1-48A8-90D6-E8A17E56FEE5 (resized).jpegA2BD1716-96C1-4D12-974B-3C86AE3F8F2C (resized).jpegA2BD1716-96C1-4D12-974B-3C86AE3F8F2C (resized).jpeg
#3542 5 years ago

I don't believe it's supposed to have caps, later System 11 machines do have them.

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

This is my first System 11 and I’m confused why the capacitors for the flippers are mounted this way. I assume this is a hack. How is it supposed to look?

Pinbot came with series wound flipper coils. Series wound coils use one diode and no capacitor. Someone upgraded the flippers to parallel coils which have 2 diodes and need capacitors to help with EOS switch arcing. Normally the flipper base brackets for parallel flippers have a taller EOS switch bracket and the cap is mounted on this bracket. The person doing the coil upgrade used the original flipper base brackets which have no place to mount the caps so they remote mounted them. Is it a hack? I wouldn't call it a hack. Its reversible if you want to.

#3544 5 years ago

Thanks Grumpy. I couldn’t understand why they hadn’t mounted the capacitors to the EOS brackets but now I see the original brackets are too small.
You are right, not a hack. More of a resourceful solution.

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from Vandy89:

I see the original brackets are too small.

You can replace the base brackets with a later version like this.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-staked-flipper-base-sub-assembly.html

flip (resized).jpgflip (resized).jpg
#3546 5 years ago

Marcos sells just the bracket. You can drill out the spot welds on the original bracket and tap the holes and install the new brackets.

https://www.marcospecialties.com//images/products/01-9375/medium.jpg

medium (1) (resized).jpgmedium (1) (resized).jpg
#3547 5 years ago

Anyone looking to get outta the club? I'm looking for a decent pinbot!

Gonna be at pinfest..

#3548 4 years ago

I’m in the club! Almost finished shopping out my pinbot. But I can’t get my energy flashers to work? New bulbs installed My lower ramp is working. So my board seems good ? Also my robot face is stays lit always? Should it?

#3549 4 years ago

Could you judge if I chosed good leds for Visor 5x5 grid (I also chosed the orange one)? Would they be fine?

#555 (resized).JPG#555 (resized).JPG
#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Could you judge if I chosed good leds for Visor 5x5 grid (I also chosed the orange one)? Would they be fine?
[quoted image]

A lot of folks, including myself, have been disappointed with yellow leds. They just don't project well. The color inserts on the pinbot 5x5 grid are so nice you can't go wrong with doing all white leds. The color levels will be equal and vibrant.

Leds are always a manner of personal taste

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/71?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.