20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 122.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Well, you could pull it out of the machine and heat it very patiently and just give it a slight upward bend.

Great minds think alike!

#3252 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

How about VERY carefully heating the acrylic and bending it up a 1/16 to a 1/8 of a inch?

I have considered this, what would you use to heat it with? I’m concerned about scorching it or ruining the decal.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

what would you use to heat it with?

Heat gun, just keep it moving.

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Heat gun, just keep it moving.

It takes time for the heat to fully penetrate the plastic, so as GRUMPY says, keep it moving then pull it away so the heat you just put on it can "sink" in....then just keep repeating. You want to slowly bring the plastic up to the temp where you can bend it. Once you get it where you want it, keep it there until the plastic cools....or you can use a wet cloth to cool it.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Great minds think alike!

Had a nice chuckle when I saw both posts.

#3256 5 years ago

Need a little advice. The fourth metal bracket on my space shuttle spiral vortex cover was missing, the plastic was broken where it used to be. I trimmed the end of the piece with my dremel but it is still drooping a little and the ball is brushing it on the way past up the vortex. Short of finding another plastic somewhere any other ideas to make this functional? I’d rather not cut it off before the shuttle decal if possible. I thought about using a dremel to take off some thickness on the underside so maybe it would clear? I dunno, I’m stuck.
[quoted image]

If you can figure out a way to make the brackets, I’m getting ready to cut a new plastic.

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

If you can figure out a way to make the brackets, I’m getting ready to cut a new plastic.

I may be interested in grabbing a new plastic from you if you do just to have an extra in case the bending solution doesn’t work. Let me know.

#3258 5 years ago

Some magic eraser and elbow grease. And just a little bit of touch up. Check out this before and after! My pinbot is coming along nicely! Bottom almost completely populated. Almost time to flip to the top

077A703B-A34D-4647-8413-89E339F6723A.jpeg077A703B-A34D-4647-8413-89E339F6723A.jpeg712A8D49-792A-4E0C-A51E-CDEFDF4283ED.jpeg712A8D49-792A-4E0C-A51E-CDEFDF4283ED.jpeg
#3259 5 years ago

Nicely done!

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

It takes time for the heat to fully penetrate the plastic, so as GRUMPY says, keep it moving then pull it away so the heat you just put on it can "sink" in....then just keep repeating. You want to slowly bring the plastic up to the temp where you can bend it. Once you get it where you want it, keep it there until the plastic cools....or you can use a wet cloth to cool it.

Wow, that worked like a charm! Bent it up about 1/4 inch and no more issue! Thanks guys!

#3261 5 years ago

Hi, I'm still concidering buying the PINBOT. One guy told me that I would be bored playing it quickly. Do you think the rules are not complicated enough and I would really have small hours of fun?

#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi, I'm still concidering buying the PINBOT. One guy told me that I would be bored playing it quickly. Do you think the rules are not complicated enough and I would really have small hours of fun?

I've had mine for 20 years and it still sees a lot of use. It is a fun game. Sound, music, and lighting fit perfectly together. I've found that games don't need to be overly complicated or have a huge depth of rules to be fun. They just need to play well and this particular game does.

I'd recommend playing one in person if you can and assuming it is a good working example a few games to get a feel for it, Best not to judge a game on one that isn't adjusted or working right since that can make a huge difference.

There should be plenty of YouTube videos you can view and checkout reviews on pinside and on ipdb.org to help you decide.

Ultimately it is up to you and what you like.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

I have a friend who has a Williams Indiana Jones and 3 other dmd pins and he still wants to come play Pinbot all the time. Pinbot is a well rounded pin.

#3264 5 years ago

Bottom populated. Playfield set in. Now time to repopulate the top! The end is near!

5B0D9051-5102-4ED7-8941-D0768E72E98D.jpeg5B0D9051-5102-4ED7-8941-D0768E72E98D.jpeg8CE6DF2E-44BB-49F2-A609-3C94D31AD069.jpeg8CE6DF2E-44BB-49F2-A609-3C94D31AD069.jpeg
#3265 5 years ago

Anyone have this bracket laying around? I'm finally tackling my janky visor mech and realize though I have all new plastic parts - that one on the left literally is an honest to god carpet transition in mine. If not, I'll buy a piece of metal and make one custom - but figured with all the tear down and rebuilds in here someone would have it.

Pinbot bracket needed (resized).jpgPinbot bracket needed (resized).jpg
#3266 5 years ago

Can you disable planet carry over in settings?

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Bottom populated. Playfield set in. Now time to repopulate the top! The end is near!
[quoted image][quoted image]

New pop bodies would been nice! Still, looks clean man!

#3268 5 years ago

Does anyone know what kind of lock you use in the back box? I tried one of these, but the cam lock shaft thing isn't long enough to block the back glass from popping up.

Furthermore, there is quite a lot of space around my back glass. I find I need to slide it as far as I can to the left so that I can actually read all of the numbers on the score board. Is this normal?

#3270 5 years ago

I'm looking for that home-made decal that goes over the target bank that drops. I PM'd the dude that made them, but no response.
-mof

#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Furthermore, there is quite a lot of space around my back glass. I find I need to slide it as far as I can to the left so that I can actually read all of the numbers on the score board. Is this normal?

Mine is like that. Far to the left. I added black electrical tape to the back edge (clear area) of the exposed edge to keep light from shining through, made a big difference. Also shimmed the translite in back with foam tape to keep it from rattling around.

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm looking for that home-made decal that goes over the target bank that drops. I PM'd the dude that made them, but no response.
-mof

Marcos had them in stock…unless you are talking about something I’m not familiar with.

#3273 5 years ago

Hi Guys again! In a few days I'm going to go, test Pinbot and I hope buy it... At the moment the only one photo I have you can see below. Maybe it's possible to notice something bad on it? If yes please let me know. Anyway I'll be testing and watchnig it myself...

Pinbot forum (resized).jpgPinbot forum (resized).jpg
#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

That’s what I thought. And the tournament roms make it only one light the first time.

Aside from that, I imagine tournament roms don't carry over unearned jackpot (solar value) to the next game for opponents to collect? I'm curious what other differences there are (if any) with tournament roms?

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi Guys again! In a few days I'm going to go, test Pinbot and I hope buy it... At the moment the only one photo I have you can see below. Maybe it's possible to notice something bad on it? If yes please let me know. Anyway I'll be testing and watchnig it myself...
[quoted image]

Looks like everything is there to me. Not a fan of the black rubbers and flipper bats but that’s just me! Vortex looks intact, I don’t see any plastics missing.

Make sure you do the usual evaluation, check the boards!!

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

[quoted image]

Broken plastic to the right of the lift ramp & the 'ADV X' sticker is missing from the lift ramp. Looks like the top of the spiral ramp is good!

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from MoSeS_1592:

Aside from that, I imagine tournament roms don't carry over unearned jackpot (solar value) to the next game for opponents to collect? I'm curious what other differences there are (if any) with tournament roms?

There is a read me file in the download for the roms at IPDB. It gives a list of what all is different.

#3278 5 years ago

Extra decals if anyone is in need.

B62778DA-30E9-46AB-9D24-A36CEAC10457 (resized).jpegB62778DA-30E9-46AB-9D24-A36CEAC10457 (resized).jpeg
#3279 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Extra decals if anyone is in need.
[quoted image]

I would like the Adv X if no one asked first.

///Rich

#3280 5 years ago

All spoken for. Very quick! Thanks Guys.

#3281 5 years ago

RichWolfson you want chaskett Adv X sticker, it is awesome!

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

richwolfson you want chaskett Adv X sticker, it is awesome!

Yes. I just sent him payment for 2. Thanks for the reminder.

///Rich

#3283 5 years ago

Any progress on the back ramp decals? I know you were experimenting with a few options. chaskett

#3284 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

Yes. I just sent him payment for 2. Thanks for the reminder.
///Rich

Thanks ChrisPINk25 and @richwolfson. I gotcha covered, Rich! Will send them out after presidents day.

#3285 5 years ago

Need help here! Restored my machine and all was working. Haven’t finished the plastics yet. Now the blue top ramp switches aren’t working, the right bank hits are not registering and the top left scoop hole isn’t registering. I feel like they are all connected. Replaced every fuse and traced wires. All seem to be ok. Wire in question seems to be the green & black one. Suggestions? Only thing I did in between all this working and not working was put LED lights in the topper. Don’t think it’s related. But stuck

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Anyone have this bracket laying around? I'm finally tackling my janky visor mech and realize though I have all new plastic parts - that one on the left literally is an honest to god carpet transition in mine. If not, I'll buy a piece of metal and make one custom - but figured with all the tear down and rebuilds in here someone would have it.
[quoted image]

last call on that bracket above - Anyone have it for the visor? If not, I'm going to fashion a home made one.

#3287 5 years ago

JFink8222 using the manual find the impacted row/column then focus on that. Could be a wire not making contact in the idc connector at the board, a bad diode, etc. I have had both of these issues. After basic troubleshooting, including continuity testing it gets more advanced and needs the troubleshooting skills of a guy like GRUMPY

#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

last call on that bracket above - Anyone have it for the visor? If not, I'm going to fashion a home made one.

I am afraid I am going to need a pair too. Is there a better picture of the piece anywhere? Part number? Is the one on the left the same as the one on the right?

These?

I don't want to take mine apart before I know what I am going to need.

///Rich

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3289 5 years ago

Hopefully these photos will help

D78E5622-7CCA-4AC4-A58F-1D4A0756AB4B.jpegD78E5622-7CCA-4AC4-A58F-1D4A0756AB4B.jpegDBE663AB-E55E-4A3F-9CDF-32AFF42B3920.jpegDBE663AB-E55E-4A3F-9CDF-32AFF42B3920.jpeg
#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

Hopefully these photos will help

OK. Are those factory? It seems that the left and right are the same but flipped. Is there a part number for these or do we simply have to make them if when we take apart the Visor mechanism and find they are broken?

///Rich

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I am afraid I am going to need a pair too. Is there a better picture of the piece anywhere? Part number? Is the one on the left the same as the one on the right?
These?
I don't want to take mine apart before I know what I am going to need.
///Rich[quoted image]

So a couple years ago a friend needed a new target bank and found one at pinballspareparts.com.au . The pinbot and jackbot parts are the same here and that's what he got. I'd reach out to those guys and see what they have.

Also look at Black Knight 2000 and Attack from mars as those banks are probably similar

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

OK. Are those factory? It seems that the left and right are the same but flipped. Is there a part number for these or do we simply have to make them if when we take apart the Visor mechanism and find they are broken?
///Rich

The "support bracket" is part #01-8494. Three bucks each at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=01-8494

The rectangle of plastic right behind it, "target carrier retainer", #03-8028 is also at Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8028

Check the Jackbot manual for part numbers if you can't find them in the Pinbot manual, sometimes parts are the same.

#3293 5 years ago

Hi Guys! 2 days ago I bought the Pinbot pinball machine and I hope it won’t turn out the worst decision in my life 
During watching and testing the machine I was so excited and nervous that I didn’t notice obvious defects of the machine. I noticed them at home 
Next time I’d like to take some photos of those defects and put them to this site, would it be OK for you? Can you judge if there’s a hope to repair them all (I’m an absolutely pinball beginner)?

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

During watching and testing the machine I was so excited and nervous that I didn’t notice obvious defects of the machine. I noticed them at home 
Next time I’d like to take some photos of those defects and put them to this site, would it be OK for you? Can you judge if there’s a hope to repair them all (I’m an absolutely pinball beginner)?

It's easy to get excited when looking at a new game. Really common to miss things.
Yes, please ask for help with your issues. One of the best things about this site is great folks willing to help.
You can start a new thread asking for assistance, or post in here.
Maybe start a new thread, and put a post in here linking to that.
Welcome to the club, and good luck!

#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Maybe start a new thread, and put a post in here linking to that.

Thanks!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-ve-just-bought-the-pinbot-pinball-machine#post-4848584

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi Guys! 2 days ago I bought the Pinbot pinball machine and I hope it won’t turn out the worst decision in my life 

Do not despair or give up before you get started. PinBot is a great machine. This forum is the place to get the information you will need to get it working nicely. And of course, post the pictures and your questions.

As for the "worst decision in your life"? My guess is that it will not turn out to be so.

///Rich

#3297 5 years ago

Ok little help sorting out a display issue. My displays have been having some flickering and ghosting and such. I had a pinball repair guy come look at it and he felt it was an issue with the board. So I got a used board off eBay that was said to be 100% working and tested on a Pinbot. I installed it and it looks worse if anything. There seems to be some association with the flicker and the hum that is coming out of the speakers. I'm wondering if this could be a power issue? Any ideas?

Here are some shots of the displays although it’s tough to get one with the flickering all there:

519F601D-DCB2-4100-8D03-5D69DC989786 (resized).jpeg519F601D-DCB2-4100-8D03-5D69DC989786 (resized).jpegB2579F0E-C40A-4178-A304-3D0BA7338681 (resized).jpegB2579F0E-C40A-4178-A304-3D0BA7338681 (resized).jpeg
#3298 5 years ago

Ok little help sorting out a display issue. My displays have been having some flickering and ghosting and such. I had a pinball repair guy come look at it and he felt it was an issue with the board. So I got a used board off eBay that was said to be 100% working and tested on a Pinbot. I installed it and it looks worse if anything. There seems to be some association with the flicker and the hum that is coming out of the speakers. I'm wondering if this could be a power issue? Any ideas?
Here are some shots of the displays although it’s tough to get one with the flickering all there:[quoted image][quoted image]

I would suspect a bad ribbon cable(s). Flip them end for end to see if the problem changes. Main one from mpu to display pcb, then the five to the individual displays.

A bad display can also cause issues on other displays. Hook them up one by one and see how if the problem changes.

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

A bad display can also cause issues on other displays. Hook them up one by one and see how if the problem changes.

If I remember correctly a internally shorted display will cause a bright segment and flickering in other displays. I would try just testing each display one at a time to see if one causes the issue. If it does then that one is bad.

#3300 5 years ago

The guy from Warsaw that just got his Pinbot is in need of a visor carrier / motor interface bushing, the one that goes on the pin that rides in the carrier oval slot and drives it up and down. The one that gets lost if you don’t know to look for it when your taking the visor mech apart. Does anyone have a spare one not installed and can measure it or know what the dimensions are of the original so he can find a bushing close enough that will work?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.