20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 122.
#3201 5 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This game is never going to be more than a player honestly and I really don’t want to go upside down on the cost. I only have the one broken plastic though and I hate to buy a whole set for the one piece. I have bought that set though for another Pinbot that I redid years ago and was pleased with it.

Any interest in this one? It’s cracked at the thinnest part by the hole and was epoxied together there for added strength.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3202 5 years ago

This game is never going to be more than a player honestly and I really don’t want to go upside down on the cost. I only have the one broken plastic though and I hate to buy a whole set for the one piece. I have bought that set though for another Pinbot that I redid years ago and was pleased with it.

I have the exact same problem, I just need this piece. I’ve found it for sale here:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8963/plastic-9-for-pin-bot

Though it’s a German company and they don’t ship directly to the US. However there are companies that will forward packages so I’ve been considering it. Unfortunately that makes it rather pricey, something like $50USD, so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

I have the exact same problem, I just need this piece. I’ve found it for sale here:
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/8963/plastic-9-for-pin-bot
Though it’s a German company and they don’t ship directly to the US. However there are companies that will forward packages so I’ve been considering it. Unfortunately that makes it rather pricey, something like $50USD, so I haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

That is an insane amount for shipping. I believe if it was going to cost me that much I’d spend the $150 on the new set. If my playfield was nicer I’d buy the new set anyway.

I sent PantherCityPins a PM about his piece. It will finish mine up nice enough to make a solid players machine

#3204 5 years ago

Hi! I'm soon getting a Pinbot, but unfortunately the Vortex Ramp decal is destroyed. Does anyone know where to get a replacement, because it seems out of stock everywhere. If anyone has a scan-file, I could also reproduce my own - Would be really nice if someone could help me out

#3205 5 years ago

I ordered a brand new plastic set from Marco. Already received. Once I repopulate my playfield I will/can list what plastics I have left and sell/ship to whoever needs what. This will be a HOU so I’m not too concerned about holding on to spare plastics. It’ll be about 2-4 weeks until I can list them for whoever is wanting plastics

#3206 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

I ordered a brand new plastic set from Marco. Already received. Once I repopulate my playfield I will/can list what plastics I have left and sell/ship to whoever needs what. This will be a HOU so I’m not too concerned about holding on to spare plastics. It’ll be about 2-4 weeks until I can list them for whoever is wanting plastics

Thanks, I have a couple broken and glued pieces I'd like to replace.

#3207 5 years ago

I have these that just came off my machine. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

B58E2953-70EC-429D-BD1E-E6CE848F998A (resized).jpegB58E2953-70EC-429D-BD1E-E6CE848F998A (resized).jpeg
#3208 5 years ago

That is an insane amount for shipping. I believe if it was going to cost me that much I’d spend the $150 on the new set. If my playfield was nicer I’d buy the new set anyway.
I sent pinball_gizzard a PM about his piece. It will finish mine up nice enough to make a solid players machine

No, that’s total. The piece plus shipping. Still quite a bit.

#3209 5 years ago

The long plastic that goes on the upper left play area is available, jmountjoy111 found one local. I'll stick em on ebay in a few weeks if no one here wants them.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The long plastic that goes on the upper left play area is available, jmountjoy111 found one local. I'll stick em on ebay in a few weeks if no one here wants them.

I’ll take it! PM sent

#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

Pinball-mods.com can order items from pinball center and greatly reduce the shipping.
Pinside user ZITT runs pinball-mods and can give details.

#3212 5 years ago

Has anyone run into the top of the moving target not being level?previous owner used black tape to level.
The frame looks intact. I haven’t investigated the bracket arm yet..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3213 5 years ago

There are two set screws underneath the bank of targets, I thought these were to level the bank? I could be wrong tho.

#3214 5 years ago

My visor just started opening and closing twice on it cycle. Does anyone know if that a switch position problem or other? Thanks Tim

#3215 5 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and post a picture of your back box hinges and how they mount? My machine is missing the hinges and I bought a set off eBay that said they were off a PinBot but the holes do not match up with what is on my back box. I'm stumped. Thanks!

#3216 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

My visor just started opening and closing twice on it cycle. Does anyone know if that a switch position problem or other? Thanks Tim

Yeah it’s a common switch problem, I had the same issue. Reposing from another thread:

The visor motor by design sometimes goes clockwise, sometimes counterclockwise. If it runs into any resistance it reverses direction. There are two switches on the assembly — one triggered when the targets are fully up, and the other when the targets are fully down. In my case when the motor went one direction it hits the switch on the side without triggering it, but with enough force to make the motor reverse. The fix was to adjust the switch arms so they trigger on both directions the motor turns.

Hope that helps!

#3217 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

Yeah it’s a common switch problem, I had the same issue. Reposing from another thread:
The visor motor by design sometimes goes clockwise, sometimes counterclockwise. If it runs into any resistance it reverses direction. There are two switches on the assembly — one triggered when the targets are fully up, and the other when the targets are fully down. In my case when the motor went one direction it hits the switch on the side without triggering it, but with enough force to make the motor reverse. The fix was to adjust the switch arms so they trigger on both directions the motor turns.
Hope that helps!

Ya helps lots thanks.

#3218 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilight1:

Ya helps lots thanks.

Ha! I thought it was supposed to do that.

#3219 5 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and post a picture of your back box hinges and how they mount? My machine is missing the hinges and I bought a set off eBay that said they were off a PinBot but the holes do not match up with what is on my back box. I'm stumped. Thanks!

Hope it helps.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3220 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Has anyone run into the top of the moving target not being level?previous owner used black tape to level.
The frame looks intact. I haven’t investigated the bracket arm yet..[quoted image]

Make sure you have this piece and adjust the screws underneath on each side. Mine was missing the bracket and I had to chase it down.

As a side note, a previous owner also glued a shim on top of the target bank to level it off...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Make sure you have this piece and adjust the screws underneath on each side. Mine was missing the bracket and I had to chase it down.
As a side note, a previous owner also glued a shim on top of the target bank to level it off...
[quoted image]

thankyou!
I do have that bracket..will take a look

#3222 5 years ago

My target bank is being held on by a block of plastic and a piece of carpet transition metal... does that count? hahaha. (it's on the to do list...)

#3223 5 years ago

My Pinbot has finally gotten to the point of being somewhat playable after a serious cleaning and refurb after I bought it. I was testing it out tonight and noticed that my bank targets are registering too many hits or registering hits on incorrect colors. Any ideas on where to start with this? I have not taken the bank apart to clean it yet. Is that the next step or is this a software issue?

#3224 5 years ago

My Pinbot has finally gotten to the point of being somewhat playable after a serious cleaning and refurb after I bought it. I was testing it out tonight and noticed that my bank targets are registering too many hits or registering hits on incorrect colors. Any ideas on where to start with this? I have not taken the bank apart to clean it yet. Is that the next step or is this a software issue?

Well the switches do take quite a beating, a visual inspection is a good place to start.

#3225 5 years ago

So I pulled the main bank of targets out, everything looked ok. I took each target off the plastic (without removing any wires) and cleaned the contacts of the switches. Reinstalled everything and from testing it looks like every hit on any target in the bank (both vertical and horizontal) is making two chest lights light up. I tried resetting to factory with no change. I tried setting it on hard mode without any change.

The fact that all the targets are having the same behavior makes me think it is a setting issue?

#3226 5 years ago

Reinstalled everything and from testing it looks like every hit on any target in the bank (both vertical and horizontal) is making two chest lights light up. I tried resetting to factory with no change. I tried setting it on hard mode without any change.
The fact that all the targets are having the same behavior makes me think it is a setting issue?

Mine lights up two lights also. Actually always thought this was the way it was supposed to be. I'm on factory setting except free play. We have one in our league that has the tournament roms in it and that one only lights up 1 light at a time.
Does it say in the manual how many lights per shot?

#3227 5 years ago

Ok, I think I figured it out.

I found an old thread where someone had the same question and they came to the conclusion that the rules for PinBot say that two lights will light per target hit for the first time you open the visor. After that it is one light per hit. I played PinBot on Visual Pinball and the same thing happens so it is apparently the way it is supposed to be. Oh well, at least I cleaned my visor targets and know how to remove that bank now!

#3228 5 years ago

Ok, I think I figured it out.
I found an old thread where someone had the same question and they came to the conclusion that the rules for PinBot say that two lights will light per target hit for the first time you open the visor. After that it is one light per hit. I played PinBot on Visual Pinball and the same thing happens so it is apparently the way it is supposed to be. Oh well, at least I cleaned my visor targets and know how to remove that bank now!

That’s what I thought. And the tournament roms make it only one light the first time.

#3229 5 years ago

My little man and I putting Pinbot back together. New playfield and plastics. Complete rebuild of all other components. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!

2CAF398F-B553-46B0-B2D8-3542913001D5.jpeg2CAF398F-B553-46B0-B2D8-3542913001D5.jpeg
#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

My little man and I putting Pinbot back together. New playfield and plastics. Complete rebuild of all other components. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer!
[quoted image]

Great pic!....not just because of pinball, but because of family.

#3231 5 years ago

Got my Pinbot up and running today, it played ok with no errors for a couple hours, then popped up with three switch errors the next time I turned it on. Says switch 12 (left outlane), 22 (20k Vortex) and 23 (100k Vortex) need to be checked.

I did notice that the 100k switch is registering as 5K even when the ball goes through that hole. I checked the switches themselves and they seem to be ok, gaps look reasonable to me. All wires appear to be intact with no breaks.

Any ideas?

#3232 5 years ago

So now the weird gets weirder. I replaced the power cord on my machine because the one it came with had the ground prong removed from the plug. Soldered in the new wire, same configuration as the old one. Powered back on the machine, now it is giving me a switch 45 check (energy transfer) and the really strange thing is most of the coils are no longer firing. Went to coil test and the pops fire and the slings fire but nothing else.

I'm wondering if there was an issue with the machine before that someone patched by removing the ground prong? Is that even possible? I'm kinda out of my depth now.

#3233 5 years ago

So now the weird gets weirder. I replaced the power cord on my machine because the one it came with had the ground prong removed from the plug. Soldered in the new wire, same configuration as the old one. Powered back on the machine, now it is giving me a switch 45 check (energy transfer) and the really strange thing is most of the coils are no longer firing. Went to coil test and the pops fire and the slings fire but nothing else.
I'm wondering if there was an issue with the machine before that someone patched by removing the ground prong? Is that even possible? I'm kinda out of my depth now.

Don't know. But one way to find out is put the old wire back on. See what happens.

#3234 5 years ago

I got it, blown fuse at the bottom position of the power supply board. The schematic says this is an F2 which is supposed to be a 4A 250 V I believe. The fuse that came out of it was 3 amp 250 V. I will have to see if the new fuse blows in short order as well though. Still getting the switch 45 check code but the coils are now firing.

#3235 5 years ago

Hi guys, I'm considering to buy the PINBOT pinball because the price and quality seems to be OK. The problem is that I've never played this machine. Do you think that I would enjoy plaing it? I know the answer is not so easy (you do not know me) but please try advise me a bit.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys, I'm considering to buy the PINBOT pinball because the price and quality seems to be OK. The problem is that I've never played this machine. Do you think that I would enjoy plaing it? I know the answer is not so easy (you do not know me) but please try advise me a bit.

As long as everything is working properly, Pinbot is a very fun game. On also has one of the best soundtracks and light shows for this era of Pinball. The rules are evenly spaced between too easy and too complicated....like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, these rules are just right. You can focus on individual tasks and shots such as locking balls and getting multiball or obtaining all the planets. In most cases this game is a long term keeper. It was difficult for me to let go, and if I could have kept them all this is one that I would still have. I say go for it, everyone should own a Pinbot if even for just a little while.

#3237 5 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

As long as everything is working properly, Pinbot is a very fun game. On also has one of the best soundtracks and light shows for this era of Pinball. The rules are evenly spaced between too easy and too complicated....like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, these rules are just right. You can focus on individual tasks and shots such as locking balls and getting multiball or obtaining all the planets. In most cases this game is a long term keeper. It was difficult for me to let go, and if I could have kept them all this is one that I would still have. I say go for it, everyone should own a Pinbot if even for just a little while.

Agreed! For me Pinbot is my "desert island" pin. They made a ton of them.

#3238 5 years ago

Had mine for over 15 years and it’s going nowhere.

#3239 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

[...] Pinbot is my "desert island" pin. They made a ton of them.

Excuse me, I need to ask you somethning I've never heard the sentence like this, is it a slang? What is the meaning: negative or positive?

"They made a ton of them" - a lot of machines was made because they were excellent, and Williams could sell a lot of machines?
"desert island" - the place where you can be alone and rest, far away form family and you boss?

I think it's used in a good way but I want to be sure

#3240 5 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Excuse me, I need to ask you somethning I've never heard the sentence like this, is it a slang? What is the meaning: negative or positive?
"They made a ton of them" - a lot of machines was made because they were excellent, and Williams could sell a lot of machines?
"desert island" - the place where you can be alone and rest, far away form family and you boss?
I think it's used in a good way but I want to be sure

Yep, all positive.

Yes they made a lot of them because they sold many - indicating a few things - they earned well, people played them quite a bit when on location, and operators saw the earning potential and ordered accordingly.

"desert island" - if you were stranded on a desert island (with power of course) - what one pinball machine would you most want to have with you? For me it's Pinbot

#3241 5 years ago

I have been struggling on adjusting my visor. Any suggestions would be welcomed. The visor goes up with no problems, but pulls to the left about the 1 inch from bottom when lowering. If I push in the metal bracket to the right a little bit, it will go all the way down. I cleaned the unit and made sure the bushing is on the peg of the motor.

#3242 5 years ago
Quoted from troxel:

I have been struggling on adjusting my visor. Any suggestions would be welcomed. The visor goes up with no problems, but pulls to the left about the 1 inch from bottom when lowering. If I push in the metal bracket to the right a little bit, it will go all the way down. I cleaned the unit and made sure the bushing is on the peg of the motor.

Have you tried loosening up the two guides of plastic? One on each side held by two screws?

#3243 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Yep, all positive.

Wausau advising Warsaw

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Have you tried loosening up the two guides of plastic? One on each side held by two screws?

Sounds like there may be a gear in the tranny that is missing a few teeth.

#3245 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I tried to put the cliffy on that protects the target bank. The holes didn't line up, which can be expected. Then, when screwing down posts, i could not get it to stay down. Edges would come up. I do not recommend it. I ended up throwing it away.

Sorry it didnt work for you Chris- I would have refunded you.

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Sorry it didnt work for you Chris- I would have refunded you.

Thanks Cliffy ! I wasn't expecting a refund. Your protectors are the best.

#3247 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I will double check this. I know I tightened them, but will try to make them looser and see if that helps.

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Sounds like there may be a gear in the tranny that is missing a few teeth.

If this is true, then it's time for a new motor? Or, is the gear something that can be replaced?

Thanks for help on this!

#3248 5 years ago

Need a little advice. The fourth metal bracket on my space shuttle spiral vortex cover was missing, the plastic was broken where it used to be. I trimmed the end of the piece with my dremel but it is still drooping a little and the ball is brushing it on the way past up the vortex. Short of finding another plastic somewhere any other ideas to make this functional? I’d rather not cut it off before the shuttle decal if possible. I thought about using a dremel to take off some thickness on the underside so maybe it would clear? I dunno, I’m stuck.

D2482BE4-B905-41ED-8C6A-66BCCFCAAF78 (resized).jpegD2482BE4-B905-41ED-8C6A-66BCCFCAAF78 (resized).jpeg

#3249 5 years ago

Well, you could pull it out of the machine and heat it very patiently and just give it a slight upward bend.

#3250 5 years ago

How about VERY carefully heating the acrylic and bending it up a 1/16 to a 1/8 of a inch?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/65?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.