IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 122.
#3151 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Question on the shooter rod assembly. I bought parts to replace the entire rod, spring, etc. Went in to replace it and found that the plastic rod bearing I bought won't fit into the housing. Looks like there is a metal tube in there the same diameter? Is this normal or did someone stick a metal tube in there as a bearing long ago??
[quoted image]

Mine did not have a metal bearing, it was plastic.

#3152 5 years ago

There should not be a metal tube, pull it out. I believe the plastic sleeve fits in from behind.

#3153 5 years ago

Turns out it wasn't a metal tube, it was a very old plastic sleeve that the ring had long broken off of. I pulled the metal shooter rod housing and was able to push out the tube. Also gave me a good chance to wire wheel the housing and clean it up as well.

#3154 5 years ago

Turns out it wasn't a metal tube, it was a very old plastic sleeve that the ring had long broken off of. I pulled the metal shooter rod housing and was able to push out the tube. Also gave me a good chance to wire wheel the housing and clean it up as well.

Excellent!

#3155 5 years ago

I'm thinking about replacing the original score displays with new LED versions. Does anyone know what code is used so I order the proper version?

I see terms like DIS079 and it looks close to what I've got in Pinbot, but it says it's for system 7-9. Isn't Pinbot system 11A?

#3156 5 years ago

Can someone help me out and post a picture of the 89 flasher socket set up and wiring in the topper?

I have the topper but someone removed all the sockets and wiring from it. I have tons of sockets so I should be able to recreate it if one of you fine gents would do me a favor and snap me a picture. I’d greatly appreciate it.

#3158 5 years ago

I can post it later today. I have my machine in the middle of a playfield swap and my topper is off. Give me a few hours and I can help you out if no one beats me to it

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Can someone help me out and post a picture of the 89 flasher socket set up and wiring in the topper?
I have the topper but someone removed all the sockets and wiring from it. I have tons of sockets so I should be able to recreate it if one of you fine gents would do me a favor and snap me a picture. I’d greatly appreciate it.

#3159 5 years ago
Quoted from JFink8222:

I can post it later today. I have my machine in the middle of a playfield swap and my topper is off. Give me a few hours and I can help you out if no one beats me to it

Awesome. I really appreciate it. This thing had two 40w incandescent light bulbs under the topper hacked directly into the power cord when I got it. I love pinbots light show and the topper is so integral in that.

#3160 5 years ago

I’d say he was looking for the rottendog cause they are cheaper. Unfortunately RD doesn’t make a display for Pinbot. My Pinbot had a couple digits out and the first thing I checked was to see how much a replacement was lol.

#3161 5 years ago

I have these in my folder of teardown photos, hope they help.

100_5841 (resized).JPG100_5841 (resized).JPG100_7994 (resized).JPG100_7994 (resized).JPG100_7995 (resized).JPG100_7995 (resized).JPG100_7996 (resized).JPG100_7996 (resized).JPG
#3162 5 years ago

This set up was really cute don’t you think. Lol

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3163 5 years ago

This set up was really cute don’t you think. Lol
[quoted image]

Sure, if you want Pinbot to "guide your sleigh tonight".

#3164 5 years ago

Question on my rehab of a tired old Pinbot. I was missing the connector cable that goes from J1 on the sound board to IJ16 on the MPU. I was able to find some pictures of an existing board and had the cable made from those pictures as well as some info from the manual. I came home and plugged in the cable, now I get a high pitched whine/hum out of the speakers but no sound, music or anything else. I turned on the machine and no initial tone on boot up.

Any ideas where to start?

#3165 5 years ago

Here’s what I have. Maybe it’ll help. Enjoy!

24261844-C277-4CCA-8439-22D46451CFEA.jpeg24261844-C277-4CCA-8439-22D46451CFEA.jpeg25DBFF5D-14DA-4334-B999-D134E66EBCE6.jpeg25DBFF5D-14DA-4334-B999-D134E66EBCE6.jpeg
#3166 5 years ago

It’s not beautiful to look at. I didn’t have 8 sockets the same height so I staggered 4 of each. It works though so that is all that matters. Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3167 5 years ago

So it looks like XP-WMS10877 or PS-10877 are the versions available through Xpin and PinScore. Thanks.

#3168 5 years ago

Trying to figure out why I have no sound from the Pinbot I bought. Am I missing speech ROM chips? I read on a post that U4 and U19 are supposed to be populated and mine are empty??

160EFD65-AF30-4717-9F16-7DC43F5BB25C (resized).jpeg160EFD65-AF30-4717-9F16-7DC43F5BB25C (resized).jpeg
#3169 5 years ago

Trying to figure out why I have no sound from the Pinbot I bought. Am I missing speech ROM chips? I read on a post that U4 and U19 are supposed to be populated and mine are empty??
[quoted image]

This is how mine looks.

20190124_221603 (resized).jpg20190124_221603 (resized).jpg
#3170 5 years ago

LOL, yeah, so that one chip that has the Pinbot label on it? That one is missing.

Might just be why I get no sound or music from my machine! I have ordered a set of ROMs now...

Too funny! Why would someone pull the ROM chip from the board? Maybe they were trying to fix it and then never got back to it? Or maybe the sound board went bad, they put another board in there and never got around to installing the ROM? Who knows...

#3171 5 years ago

Look through the pictures of this thread and you will find several pictures of the topper wiring harness and a drawing showing the exact wiring needed. I created mine using those pictures.

#3172 5 years ago

Why would someone pull the ROM chip from the board?

I picked up a 'been in house since 1998' SF2 awhile back and there was one sound rom chip installed upside down. It caused no sound or voice - removing it restored half the sounds... replacing it made it 100%, no board work required... Who installed it upside down? Did they buy it that way? I gave myself a headache trying to figure out what genius did that (The owner's didn't know how to open it, so it wasn't them).

#3173 5 years ago

I’m just glad someone one here told me to go check the EPROMs on it to make sure they were all seated. That’s what made me go check my boards vs a pic from here. The weird thing is the main board sound ROMs are still there. I’m hoping replacing all of them gets me sound. I guess even if the board is still bad I need the ROMs eventually anyways.

#3174 5 years ago

I’m just glad someone one here told me to go check the EPROMs on it to make sure they were all seated. That’s what made me go check my boards vs a pic from here. The weird thing is the main board sound ROMs are still there. I’m hoping replacing all of them gets me sound. I guess even if the board is still bad I need the ROMs eventually anyways.

While you are at it, you should also replace the caps on that board. Cheap insurance as the originals are clearly marginal at this point. ///Rich

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Lastly I noticed here are just “extra” wires tied up around the drop target wire harness. Is this normal?

Yes!!!! Pinbot's wiring harness was prewired for new opto drop target assemblies
that were under development at the time.
However, the game went into production before the final
opto drop target assemblies could be tested/designed.

#3176 5 years ago

With the problems I've had with the original 100V power supply and score displays going black, if I were to replace them with new LED displays and board, would that bypass the problem. I have someone coming out to replace the power supply, but I figured maybe now would be a good time to simply upgrade.

#3177 5 years ago

Sanded the back side of the old playfield so I could place it on top of the new one as a template. Worked out perfect. New playfield top drilled and waxed with carnuba. Now time to populate the under side, swap out all bulbs for LED’s, and secure everything in place. More images coming soon. Hoping for an “easy” swap! Lol

B29B546D-D18F-40D3-8E1C-BD5E1A96CAF1.jpegB29B546D-D18F-40D3-8E1C-BD5E1A96CAF1.jpegD8EE598E-AB7C-4111-9777-BEC25349EFF2.jpegD8EE598E-AB7C-4111-9777-BEC25349EFF2.jpeg
#3178 5 years ago

Here is a little break from the restore threads.....A music video where Pinbot is the star....

#3179 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Here is a little break from the restore threads.....A music video where Pinbot is the star....

Thanks! Good video Also shared it on Pinball Mayhem's Facebook page and added it to our (Pinball Mayhem) YouTube "videos from other creators" playlist.
-Jeremy

#3180 5 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Yes!!!! Pinbot's wiring harness was prewired for new opto drop target assemblies
that were under development at the time.
However, the game went into production before the final
opto drop target assemblies could be tested/designed.

Cool history! Thanks!

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That was fun. Thanks.

#3182 5 years ago

Question on the shooter lane gate. Mine seems to be slowing the ball down a lot when it goes through it. I am wondering if there are supposed to be washers underneath it to raise it up a little more or do I bend the wire gate somehow to lessen the tension??

#3183 5 years ago

Where does the nvram go on the pinbot board?

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Where does the nvram go on the pinbot board?

https://www.pinitech.com/product_images/ram_locations/ramloc_williamssys11.jpg

It replaces U25. You may need to desolder the existing chip and add a socket.

#3185 5 years ago

Question on the shooter lane gate. Mine seems to be slowing the ball down a lot when it goes through it. I am wondering if there are supposed to be washers underneath it to raise it up a little more or do I bend the wire gate somehow to lessen the tension??

Move the ball through it by hand. Is the wire not going high enough? (something else?)- take some photos from different angles and let us know where the issue is.

#3186 5 years ago

That's how I have it setup. No washer underneath. Make sure the wire form opens enough, bend the leg as needed.

7d8fd11a2ab5eb82ba5d1cf775bef26cc3c4f09b.jpg7d8fd11a2ab5eb82ba5d1cf775bef26cc3c4f09b.jpg
#3187 5 years ago

has anyone put the Cliffy's on their pinbot? looks like it protects the raise/lower target pretty well..

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

has anyone put the Cliffy's on their pinbot? looks like it protects the raise/lower target pretty well..

no need for it

#3189 5 years ago

I tried to put the cliffy on that protects the target bank. The holes didn't line up, which can be expected. Then, when screwing down posts, i could not get it to stay down. Edges would come up. I do not recommend it. I ended up throwing it away.

#3190 5 years ago

Ok so the ball gate on my machine has a wireform gate and then there is a strip of metal that provides the spring to the wire gate. I can't seem to adjust the tension on this spring because it is riveted into the gate itself. Any ideas here? The ball is still getting significantly hung up going through that gate. This is the gate I am talking about:

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
#3191 5 years ago

Ok so the ball gate on my machine has a wireform gate and then there is a strip of metal that provides the spring to the wire gate. I can't seem to adjust the tension on this spring because it is riveted into the gate itself. Any ideas here? The ball is still getting significantly hung up going through that gate. This is the gate I am talking about:[quoted image]

Have you tried one of those slotted tools used for bending leaf switch blades in a tight spot? Something like this:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-SWK

#3192 5 years ago

Tonight I decided to dive into why the protective post that sits next to the yellow visor target was so loose on my playfield. The post didn’t look like a stock post and it would not turn. I could not see a way to remove it. There was a decent sized hole in the playfield that looked like the post had been wiggling back and forth as it was hit. I removed enough of the visor target assembly to get a look at it from the back side of the playfield and it appears to me that a prior “fix” had been put in place when a tee nut broke or was lost. It looks like they welded or riveted the post to a piece of metal and then screwed that metal into the playfield. Interesting solution.

I took a new tee nut, cut off one side so the visor targets would clear, threaded a new post and washer though and secured the nut. After checking again for visor post clearance I put a small amount of epoxy on the outside edge of the tee nut to hold it in place so the post can be removed as usual in the future. Hopefully this will be a better solution to the problem and stop the wear on the playfield hole.

2E9A7CD9-EC22-4E5A-8A4D-A3BCDBAD1D21 (resized).jpeg2E9A7CD9-EC22-4E5A-8A4D-A3BCDBAD1D21 (resized).jpeg63F8B507-3C0F-41C6-8CA4-DDB392499C53 (resized).jpeg63F8B507-3C0F-41C6-8CA4-DDB392499C53 (resized).jpeg

#3193 5 years ago

It has begun! Lol.

E71C3766-6E31-4963-A6E6-63D53C1B5345 (resized).jpegE71C3766-6E31-4963-A6E6-63D53C1B5345 (resized).jpegF76F52B7-E0B9-4B4B-B375-615F7F025F6F (resized).jpegF76F52B7-E0B9-4B4B-B375-615F7F025F6F (resized).jpeg
#3194 5 years ago

I’m taking an obvious long shot as I doubt anyone has one but I need the long blue plastic around the eject hole. To be honest I’d even be interested in a broken one that was better than this one. Just let me know if you have something and we can work it out. Thanks

631BE867-B48F-4A4C-AF05-BD3D1C73EDB5 (resized).jpeg631BE867-B48F-4A4C-AF05-BD3D1C73EDB5 (resized).jpeg
#3195 5 years ago

I’m taking an obvious long shot as I doubt anyone has one but I need the long blue plastic around the eject hole. To be honest I’d even be interested in a broken one that was better than this one. Just let me know if you have something and we can work it out. Thanks
[quoted image]

You can buy the one for the jack-bot with a little modification it will work! Did it on mine.

#3196 5 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

You can buy the one for the jack-bot with a little modification it will work! Did it on mine.

I thought the artwork was different. I had a jackbot once but didn’t keep it long. I’ll look into it thanks.

#3197 5 years ago

Ok so the ball gate on my machine has a wireform gate and then there is a strip of metal that provides the spring to the wire gate. I can't seem to adjust the tension on this spring because it is riveted into the gate itself. Any ideas here? The ball is still getting significantly hung up going through that gate. This is the gate I am talking about:[quoted image]

Try raising it up with a couple washers on each screw.

#3198 5 years ago

I thought the artwork was different. I had a jackbot once but didn’t keep it long. I’ll look into it thanks.

I have LED's installed, I don't think you notice the difference when it's powered on.

IMAG0366 (resized).jpgIMAG0366 (resized).jpgIMAG0367 (resized).jpgIMAG0367 (resized).jpg
#3199 5 years ago

CPR does sell the plastic set for PinBot. It is the whole set, so a little pricey.

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/pinbot-4/

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

CPR does sell the plastic set for PinBot. It is the whole set, so a little pricey.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/pinbot-4/

This game is never going to be more than a player honestly and I really don’t want to go upside down on the cost. I only have the one broken plastic though and I hate to buy a whole set for the one piece. I have bought that set though for another Pinbot that I redid years ago and was pleased with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/64?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.