20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 122.
#3102 5 years ago

I understand the motor. I need the assembly

73C50C9B-A878-4D9F-8861-8EAED14CC274.png73C50C9B-A878-4D9F-8861-8EAED14CC274.png
#3103 5 years ago

Doh, sorry!

#3104 5 years ago

It’s all good. If anyone has a pinbot and can access a part, can you send me some measurements. I might have to try and fabricate a part that will work.

#3105 5 years ago

Could get it 3D printed if you get the measurements.

#3106 5 years ago

I'm running into a problem where the skill shot at the start is messed up because the ball almost always hits something before or as it gets to the spiral ramp. It's all going too fast for me to see where it's hitting.

I suppose this is a somewhat common problem because I seem to remember that happening back in the '80s when I originally played Pinbot. What's the most likely culprit and is there a fix?

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from cngizbleevng:

I'm running into a problem where the skill shot at the start is messed up because the ball almost always hits something before or as it gets to the spiral ramp. It's all going too fast for me to see where it's hitting.
I suppose this is a somewhat common problem because I seem to remember that happening back in the '80s when I originally played Pinbot. What's the most likely culprit and is there a fix?

Make sure the plunger tip is hitting the ball squarely on center.

#3108 5 years ago

I’ve tried everything and can’t find the sweetspot after a play field swap. Very frustrating. I hope you figure it out and report back!

#3109 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Make sure the plunger tip is hitting the ball squarely on center.

Is there a way to adjust it? I've rotated the plunger and didn't notice any asymmetry.

#3110 5 years ago

While that visor motor cam is on everyone's minds, what parts of it, if any, need to be lubricated? I was figuring on a tiny bit of teflon Super Lube between the stud and the sleeve that slides over it, since there's metal-to-metal contact, but not the sleeve and the plastic housing for the five standup targets, right?

#3111 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

While that visor motor cam is on everyone's minds, what parts of it, if any, need to be lubricated? I was figuring on a tiny bit of teflon Super Lube between the stud and the sleeve that slides over it, since there's metal-to-metal contact, but not the sleeve and the plastic housing for the five standup targets, right?

No, lube nothing

#3112 5 years ago

Is there a way to adjust it? I've rotated the plunger and didn't notice any asymmetry.

Check left to right and the vertical. Needs to be hitting ball right in the center. May need to move the shooter housing and or raise or lower playfield. In my case I had to remove some wood to lower my shooter rod housing.

#3113 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Here are leftovers from my restoration, does anyone need any of these?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Pm sent. I need basically everyone of those. Lol. My Pinbot is going to be a player at best once I drop a ton of man hours into it and I really don’t want to buy a brand new full set for it.

#3114 5 years ago

Are there any issues putting leds through the pf? For example the ones behind the visor?

F88930D4-CD84-44E6-A107-1675C2F9699A (resized).jpegF88930D4-CD84-44E6-A107-1675C2F9699A (resized).jpeg
#3115 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Are there any issues putting leds through the pf? For example the ones behind the visor? [quoted image]

Those may be 24v bulbs. So choose wisely

#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Those may be 24v bulbs. So choose wisely

What is safest for those as far as led ? Or better to leave as is

#3117 5 years ago

Quick question. I recently acquired a pretty dirty/neglected Pinbot and am in the process of trying to get it to playable condition.

I was cleaning around the vortex today and found that the space shuttle clear plastic is broken where it connects to the bottom metal support. Can I just epoxy this back together and move on or should I hunt for another?

Also, is removing the visor a matter of removing those retainer pins and lifting it off? I need to get to the face plastic to replace it and clean back there.

#3118 5 years ago

topkat they are either 89s or 1251s check the manual. I used 1251 leds from coin taker and love them. PantherCityPins yes, two pins and two screws hold the visor.

#3119 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

topkat they are either 89s or 1251s check the manual. I used 1251 leds from coin taker and love them. pinball_gizzard yes, two pins and two screws hold the visor.

They are 1251s behind the eyes.

#3120 5 years ago

Thansk. That’s what I will order

#3121 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Thansk. That’s what I will order

I got he cointaker LEDs and they work great!

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Quick question. I recently acquired a pretty dirty/neglected Pinbot and am in the process of trying to get it to playable condition.
I was cleaning around the vortex today and found that the space shuttle clear plastic is broken where it connects to the bottom metal support. Can I just epoxy this back together and move on or should I hunt for another?
Also, is removing the visor a matter of removing those retainer pins and lifting it off? I need to get to the face plastic to replace it and clean back there.

The retainer pins on either side hold the visor to the metal framework that lifts it. If you need to remove it entirely, you will also need to tilt the visor back and unscrew the hinge that attaches it to the playfield, but I don't think that's necessary just to replace the face plastic.

AFA the shuttle plastic, glue is your best option for now as you're likely not going to find one of these for sale.

#3123 5 years ago

Here's a great step by step:

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/2014/10/17/pinbot-restoration-visor/#more-1320

#3124 5 years ago

Thanks! I also realized from
Looking at pictures of other machines that the front metal support for the shuttle plastic is also broken and missing. So the shuttle plastic has three metals supports and the upper end is unsupported. I am thinking of just shortening this upper piece a little to minimize risk of it drooping and hitting the ball and installing it. I was able to epoxy the lower bracket back on so that is now solid. Thoughts?

68156BFD-4940-4E61-9700-D002399DDF9E (resized).jpeg68156BFD-4940-4E61-9700-D002399DDF9E (resized).jpeg
#3125 5 years ago

Thanks! I also realized from
Looking at pictures of other machines that the front metal support for the shuttle plastic is also broken and missing. I looked inside the cabinet as well for the bracket, no dice. So the shuttle plastic has three metal supports and the upper end is unsupported. I am thinking of just shortening this upper piece a little to minimize risk of it drooping and hitting the ball and installing it. I was able to epoxy the lower bracket back on so that is now solid. Thoughts?

#3126 5 years ago

Does anyone know what post that is in the picture that I am missing I went through the manual and swear they don’t label that post. The one I ordered is too large a screw for that space ?
If someone has extra I’d buy it even used
Thanks

F0669534-67FF-4E27-9EF3-C87729353C87 (resized).jpegF0669534-67FF-4E27-9EF3-C87729353C87 (resized).jpeg0DCF3995-342D-41BF-9FF7-8ECCDE9A1BC5 (resized).jpeg0DCF3995-342D-41BF-9FF7-8ECCDE9A1BC5 (resized).jpeg
#3127 5 years ago

Does anyone know why my advance x ramp would be “pulsing” when I start the game? It can clearly lock in the upright position when I run the coil test, it just does this little jumping thing I can’t explain.

#3128 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

“pulsing” when I start the game?

When you start a game or is it when you first turn on the machine?

#3129 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Does anyone know what post that is in the picture that I am missing I went through the manual and swear they don’t label that post. The one I ordered is too large a screw for that space ?
If someone has extra I’d buy it even used
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

6-32, https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4195

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-restoration-underway/page/3#post-3927245

#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know why my advance x ramp would be “pulsing” when I start the game? It can clearly lock in the upright position when I run the coil test, it just does this little jumping thing I can’t explain.

On my first attempt to reproduce this ramp, I used spring steel where it bridges to the ramp that was too thick (.008"). The result of this was that the ramp would not fall to the lowered position under it's own weight and as you are experiencing, it pulsed up an down because it would not fall completely down. When I redid the ramp with .005" spring Steel, the ramp easily fell under its own weight. So question for you is....In the down position, is the ramp all the way down to the playfield?

#3131 5 years ago
#3132 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Guess I orderd the wrong one again.
Any idea if this is a part that does come back in stock?

May be check other suppliers.

#3133 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

May be check other suppliers.

Found one somewhere else. Bought a few to try to justify shipping
Thanks

#3134 5 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Found one somewhere else. Bought a few to try to justify shipping
Thanks

I was going to suggest checking what size t-nut you had underneath. In case someone at some point replaced the 6-32 by a 8-32.

I think it was originally a 6-32 t-nut because it was so close from the edge of the playfield visor gap.

#3135 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

On my first attempt to reproduce this ramp, I used spring steel where it bridges to the ramp that was too thick (.008"). The result of this was that the ramp would not fall to the lowered position under it's own weight and as you are experiencing, it pulsed up an down because it would not fall completely down. When I redid the ramp with .005" spring Steel, the ramp easily fell under its own weight. So question for you is....In the down position, is the ramp all the way down to the playfield?

I realized the target under the ramp wasn’t working either. I traced the line and found that it it was hanging by a thread at the switch which governs the up/down of the target bank. I fixed that and it seems good.

#3136 5 years ago

Could someone please post a picture of the connection between the visor motor and the wire bundle where it connects to. During my rebuild I need to order a new motor since there isn’t one in my game. I have a connection from the wire bundle that has 2 black wires with a female 3-prong plastic adapter. Is this where the motor plugs in to? I see the new motor has 2 yellow wires coming out with no connector attached. Thanks everyone.

#3137 5 years ago

This help?

Photo Apr 14, 5 07 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Apr 14, 5 07 18 PM (resized).jpg
#3138 5 years ago

Exactly what I needed!!! Rock on!

#3139 5 years ago

Hey guys, need a little help here. I am in the process of trying to get my Pinbot into somewhat playable condition. The post circled below from a reference photo is missing on my machine. I know I need the red star plastic piece but I have no idea what metal post goes there. The post looks like it supports the lower left side of the upper playfield. Can someone clue me in on what part I need to order??

I am also missing the wireform tunnel that leads from the upper playfield to the right flipper. Any ideas on where to source one of those?

Much thanks.
8fbfadaffa29ac5186408aa863d3e05655eb4a79 (resized).jpg8fbfadaffa29ac5186408aa863d3e05655eb4a79 (resized).jpg

#3140 5 years ago

Hah, got lucky and found a wire ramp locally from a used arcade parts store, whew! I was afraid I was stuck.

Still need to figure out what that post is, is it the same as the upper post on the same (left side)? Looks like a post with a double female hex spacer and then a metal mini post?

#3141 5 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:Hah, got lucky and found a wire ramp locally from a used arcade parts store, whew! I was afraid I was stuck.
Still need to figure out what that post is, is it the same as the upper post on the same (left side)? Looks like a post with a double female hex spacer and then a metal mini post?

This is it I believe

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3142 5 years ago

Hey guys, need a little help here. I am in the process of trying to get my Pinbot into somewhat playable condition. The post circled below from a reference photo is missing on my machine. I know I need the red star plastic piece but I have no idea what metal post goes there. The post looks like it supports the lower left side of the upper playfield. Can someone clue me in on what part I need to order??
I am also missing the wireform tunnel that leads from the upper playfield to the right flipper. Any ideas on where to source one of those?
Much thanks.
[quoted image]

I have this setup for the post you are looking for.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3143 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I have this setup for the post you are looking for.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

strange..so mine had a different one it appears

#3144 5 years ago

I really like those colored post sleeves in the visor mech - I'm putting those sleeves on the list for my next stock up purchase... Might wait until I get a replacement playfield before I go there though (my chest is very worn and the solar system is significantly planked). If they ever remake these, I'll be first in line.

#3145 5 years ago

That’s a fantastic photo for me to use as a reference, thanks so much!

#3146 5 years ago

That’s a fantastic photo for me to use as a reference, thanks so much!

You got it buddy.

#3147 5 years ago

Simple question, the translite on my Pinbot seems to be adhered to the glass at the bottom. Was this glued from the factory or is it stuck there from years of gunk? Should I try to separate it or just clean it as best I can and move on?

#3148 5 years ago

Simple question, the translite on my Pinbot seems to be adhered to the glass at the bottom. Was this glued from the factory or is it stuck there from years of gunk? Should I try to separate it or just clean it as best I can and move on?

I believe they used something like a butyl tape or perhaps hockey tape. If it is stuck just on the very bottom a razor blade should help separate it. Up to you how far you want to risk it. I pulled mine all apart and it was worth it because I could really clean the glass and translite fully.

#3149 5 years ago

My PinBot is missing the cable that goes from J1 on the soundboard to IJ16 on the MPU. I have a guy who said he can make me a new cable but he needs to know what to make. Can anyone let me know what that cable is called or is there anywhere that sells them on the internet?

#3150 5 years ago

Question on the shooter rod assembly. I bought parts to replace the entire rod, spring, etc. Went in to replace it and found that the plastic rod bearing I bought won't fit into the housing. Looks like there is a metal tube in there the same diameter? Is this normal or did someone stick a metal tube in there as a bearing long ago??

image1 (2) (resized).jpegimage1 (2) (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/63?hl=impzilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.