20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 122.
#2901 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to get new decals like the forever sold out ones on Bay Area Amusements? (attached)

GS-PB98L (resized).jpgGS-PB98L (resized).jpg
#2902 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know where to get new decals like the forever sold out ones on Bay Area Amusements? (attached)[quoted image]

Try http://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=pinbot+decal?

#2903 5 years ago

So my pinbot started developing a strange problem that has since turned terminal. It started throwing switch errors on boot. Then the same areas of all the displays started dropping certain lines. Now it boots, throws multiple switch errors, reboots and crashes hard.

I recently did a ton of work on this thing - power supply recapped, zener diodes to 91v, added a bridge board and solenoid protector board, etc.

Annoyed that it’s broken again so quickly. Any ideas what the culprit could be?

#2904 5 years ago

Any battery damage to the MPU board?

#2906 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does anyone know where to get new decals like the forever sold out ones on Bay Area Amusements? (attached)[quoted image]

wizard_mode made these as waterslide decals a while back. Ping him, maybe he has some left or can print you some.

#2907 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Got my revised decals yesterday. Did some color and size correction. Hope they fit!

[quoted image]

I had these printed here in town.

02d7e7658987285f74a7bdcf07b58669bd99a68d (resized).jpg02d7e7658987285f74a7bdcf07b58669bd99a68d (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2908 5 years ago

Looking for a post 02-4195, for the Pinbot/Jackbot mini-playfield, anyone have one they could spare? Looks like Marco is sold out.

post (resized).jpgpost (resized).jpg
#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Looking for a post 02-4195, for the Pinbot/Jackbot mini-playfield, anyone have one they could spare? Looks like Marco is sold out.
[quoted image]

I've got one. I'll PM you...

#2910 5 years ago

I had these printed here in town.[quoted image]

Those look nice! wizard_mode hit me up in the PM and I will jump on those once I am in the middle of the restore.

#2911 5 years ago

I had these printed here in town.[quoted image]

I'd be keen on getting a pair of ramp decals to go on @Freeplay's nice new ramp! I have the others but didn't know where to get those!

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

I'd be keen on getting a pair of ramp decals to go on Freeplay's nice new ramp! I have the others but didn't know where to get those!

I have the ADV X Decal for his lift ramp and am working on some updated decals to show off the transparency.

#2913 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I have the ADV X Decal for his lift ramp and am working on some updated decals to show off the transparency.

I would like one of them. Two I suppose for next time in 10 years. <G>

///Rich

#2914 5 years ago

I got my lift ramp from @freeplay40, and it’s a beautiful job! Especially next to the cobbled-together fix it’s replacing!

B6EE414C-22B0-4A4B-8D21-49A9A4BFFD6A (resized).jpegB6EE414C-22B0-4A4B-8D21-49A9A4BFFD6A (resized).jpeg
#2915 5 years ago
Quoted from Larrymc:

I got my lift ramp from freeplay40, and it’s a beautiful job! Especially next to the cobbled-together fix it’s replacing!
[quoted image]

Does Freeplay40 sell the completed ramp like that? If so, sign me up!

#2916 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does freeplay40 sell the completed ramp like that? If so, sign me up!

Yup...$65 plus $10 for shipping. Send me a pm if you want one.

#2917 5 years ago

Ok, so I'm a late bloomer!
I only recently discovered that Pinbot is a great game...
-mof

in-da-club...

20181205_in-the-car (resized).jpg20181205_in-the-car (resized).jpg
#2918 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I only recently discovered that Pinbot is a great game

yes sir!

#2919 5 years ago

I just discovered that Pinbot has tones for coining up - I've always had it set for free play, so I never heard them. Granddaughter put a quarter in, and it made noise, so we kept pumping quarters in just hear the sounds. Cool!

#2920 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

I just discovered that Pinbot has tones for coining up - I've always had it set for free play, so I never heard them. Granddaughter put a quarter in, and it made noise, so we kept pumping quarters in just hear the sounds. Cool!

and thats the reason why you keep coin mechs in home games.

#2921 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Now I have to go home and try this!

#2922 5 years ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

I would like one of them. Two I suppose for next time in 10 years. &lt;G&gt;
///Rich

RichWolfson , I sent you a message via Pinsidemail. Thanks for the interest in the ADV X decal.

ramp (resized).jpgramp (resized).jpg
#2923 5 years ago

A friend just installed the Pinduino LED kit DIY kit from lyonsden for my Pinbot and it looks fantastic how many others here have this kit?

I already want to tweak the code, I'm noticing that some of the slower more subtle effects that I see watching the attract mode are not often seen during gameplay, I would like to tweak it to see more of those if I can. I had a quick look at the code to see what triggers are available, I would really like to add a slow "runway" effect for when the Solar Value is light. I can't see a trigger for that but maybe it ties in with one of the backbox light triggers or something?
Has anyone here tweaked the code for Pin-bot in the Pinduino? I'm sure I will learn how to do it all in time just getting excited

Also does anyone know where I can buy red / blue #1251 bulbs for my visor eyes or coloured covers for them? I would even use a DIY coloured cover if anyone has ideas for that as long as it doesn't get too hot and catch on fire? Not really sure if I would like them coloured better than the clear original, has anyone done this and got a video to show?

#2924 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Also does anyone know where I can buy red / blue #1251 bulbs for my visor eyes

I have only seen them in white or warm white. You can add a resistor or rewire the 3 bulbs in series and then use colored #89 led bulbs.

#2925 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

A friend just installed the Pinduino LED kit DIY kit from lyonsden for my Pinbot and it looks fantastic how many others here have this kit?
I already want to tweak the code, I'm noticing that some of the slower more subtle effects that I see watching the attract mode are not often seen during gameplay, I would like to tweak it to see more of those if I can. I had a quick look at the code to see what triggers are available, I would really like to add a slow "runway" effect for when the Solar Value is light. I can't see a trigger for that but maybe it ties in with one of the backbox light triggers or something?
Has anyone here tweaked the code for Pin-bot in the Pinduino? I'm sure I will learn how to do it all in time just getting excited
Also does anyone know where I can buy red / blue #1251 bulbs for my visor eyes or coloured covers for them? I would even use a DIY coloured cover if anyone has ideas for that as long as it doesn't get too hot and catch on fire? Not really sure if I would like them coloured better than the clear original, has anyone done this and got a video to show?

Here's a similar thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1251-color-led-bulbs-anyone-carry-these

I bought the 1251 LEDs from Cointaker and they look great in the back box. Haven't gotten into the playfield yet, but was only planning to replace the eyes above the playfield and leave the ones below the red kickouts alone (cause those little suckers are expensive).

#2926 5 years ago

Thanks, I might try the truck light LEDs linked to in that thread.

#2927 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Ok, so I'm a late bloomer!
I only recently discovered that Pinbot is a great game...
-mof
in-da-club...
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club

#2928 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

jfc, stop with the colored lights it looks like ass.

#2929 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

and thats the reason why you keep coin mechs in home games.

Or do a simple rig on the coin mech to attach the credit switch to it so you can push the coin return and it coins up the game. Easily reversible, allows you to keep the coin door locked, "coin play" instead of free play, but needs no actual coins. You can even just solder jumper wires to a new switch so you don't have to affect the regular coin operation of the original mech or cut any wires. Old style mech shown here but idea is easily adaptable to pretty much any coin mech. This mod is stupid easy and y'all can thank me later.

Quoted from Marvin:

I'm with you...people will say, well it's their game they can do what they like, at least it's easily reversible, blah blah. But yeah. It looks like ass. Sorry fellas. downvote the post if you like, but only because you're salty about the truth.

Richard

mech_rig (resized).jpgmech_rig (resized).jpg
#2930 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Quoted from someotherguy:

I'm with you...people will say, well it's their game they can do what they like, at least it's easily reversible, blah blah. But yeah. It looks like ass. Sorry fellas. downvote the post if you like, but only because you're salty about the truth.
Richard
[quoted image]

Yeah thanks I do like the LED pop bumper caps that I have put on that also have a white light underneath and brighten up that dark area of the game and my new Pinduino on the ramp looks cool but I'm already looking at the code to slow it down and make the show less frequent because sometimes less is better.

You are right it's easy to go overboard and I was starting to head in that direction, I have incandescent in the backbox and original flashers everywhere because I didn't want it to look like like a clown on acid had vomited on it, thanks for stopping me

#2931 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yes. I have it in my pinbot and it looks awesome. The stock code doesn't work well because literally every event on the table triggers the same chase pattern and it literally just goes on constantly during game play and doesn't seem interactive at all. I tweaked the code a lot so that less playfield events trigger lighting functions and also trigger different ones. I also tweaked the stock functions a bit to make them slower and less 'in your face'. It makes a HUGE difference. I'd be happy to share it with you.

If you watch the serial monitor on the arduino during gameplay you notice that it's not consistent. The pinduino works perfect and by no means is the original code flawed. I think the issueis noise on the input pins that the pinduino Inputs read as false HIGH's. I went through one by one and weeded out the playfield events that give consistent values in the serial monitor (there are I think four). If only these functions in the code are used to trigger lighting events then it works almost flawlessly.

#2932 5 years ago

Awesome thanks for that I have sent you a PM with my email address.

#2933 5 years ago

I'll post a full resto thread soon, but I'm only about 15 hours into this pinbot, and it's playing 95% as good as it's ever gonna play. Flipper rebuild and a couple more low impact rubbers when possible, and we're good to go. I really lucked out on this pick-up.

-mof

before (note the black ball swirl leading up to the eyes, the edges worn on both sides of the gap)
20181214_pb-eyes-before-close-up (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-before-close-up (resized).jpg
after (from dull to shiny with just mylar, and a lower playfield mylar polish/wax!)
20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar (resized).jpg20181214_pb-eyes-touched-up-w-mylar (resized).jpg

#2934 5 years ago

And doing that "eye section restore took about $10 in oil-based pens, magic eraser, mylar, wax paper, naptha, 3m pad for the graining, and about 2 hours. It was really easy. Even removing the ramp and head bracket pins was easy peasy compared to a Taxi, Diner, or Whirlwind...

Oh, and I forgot to mention... GREAT game. (yeah I'm in the honeymoon, but the more I tighten this up and play it, the fewer flaws I'm noticing, and really rejoicing the speed, solidness, and the great programming.) I'm hitting solar value once per game now, so there's no score inflation (until I get the roms switched out)

-mof

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

And doing that "eye section restore took about $10 in oil-based pens, magic eraser, mylar, wax paper, naptha, 3m pad for the graining, and about 2 hours. It was really easy. Even removing the ramp and head bracket pins was easy peasy compared to a Taxi, Diner, or Whirlwind...
Oh, and I forgot to mention... GREAT game. (yeah I'm in the honeymoon, but the more I tighten this up and play it, the fewer flaws I'm noticing, and really rejoicing the speed, solidness, and the great programming.) I'm hitting solar value once per game now, so there's no score inflation (until I get the roms switched out)
-mof

Looks great! Personally I like the extra bounce from the original yellow rubber posts sleeves vs the newer style sleeves you have installed. But your setup looks better

Back on track - Pinbot is my desert island pin and daily driver. I'm always up for a quick game. Sometimes for fun I go just for the planets. It's so satisfying to sweep the drops (doesn't happen all that often). For something different - when you are playing focus on the music and sounds - it's amazing the variety that's there.

Jeremy

#2936 5 years ago

Anyone in need of the three bank drop set?

PM me

AC26F641-F354-4175-9503-A89C4C8F3849 (resized).jpegAC26F641-F354-4175-9503-A89C4C8F3849 (resized).jpeg3F5D876B-805D-42AC-89D0-1ABCE4B1A327 (resized).jpeg3F5D876B-805D-42AC-89D0-1ABCE4B1A327 (resized).jpeg
Added over 5 years ago:

Sold to a pinsider!!

#2937 5 years ago

Getting closer to a final design of modded decals for FreePlay40's blue/red transparent pinbot ramps... white areas will be the transparent blue. Staying true to the original, but was thinking about adding transparent planets in the black or something to make it more original. Thoughts?

Left Draft 3 (resized).JPGLeft Draft 3 (resized).JPG
#2938 5 years ago

I think that would look fantastic with the colored ramps.

#2939 5 years ago

Please make me one of those decals!

#2940 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Getting closer to a final design of modded decals for FreePlay40's blue/red transparent pinbot ramps... white areas will be the transparent blue. Staying true to the original, but was thinking about adding transparent planets in the black or something to make it more original. Thoughts?[quoted image]

I'm interested in a set.

#2941 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Getting closer to a final design of modded decals for FreePlay40's blue/red transparent pinbot ramps... white areas will be the transparent blue. Staying true to the original, but was thinking about adding transparent planets in the black or something to make it more original. Thoughts?[quoted image]

I'm in

#2942 5 years ago

I’m looking for the wire form exit ramp on the mini playfield and the 2 connecting pins (part #02-4265) for the visor. PM me if someone is willing to sell.

#2943 5 years ago

So I finally started tearing down my machine for restoration…oh my god in heaven his thing is insanity! Who designed this mess? To say there are layers would be an understatement, this thing has stories! Screws you cannot get to without unscrewing other screws or bolts, topside items you can’t remove without bottomside unhooking. This game is 10x more complicated than my Circus Voltaire.

That said, I need some help understanding what I am seeing. First, I’ll start by askin how to do LEDs in this machine. From what I can tell, there is a ton of stuff designed around some large voltage bulbs. When you run LEDs do you cut out all of those boards with those rectangular ceramic things (I don’t know what these are called)?

I would also like to know if having a cracked relay cover is dangerous? I have that situation going on.

Lastly I noticed here are just “extra” wires tied up around the drop target wire harness. Is this normal?

5ACCC029-590C-4415-8F45-9738E7ED7027 (resized).jpeg5ACCC029-590C-4415-8F45-9738E7ED7027 (resized).jpeg72CB8E8D-786F-42D2-92F1-7BEF98A9A8EB (resized).jpeg72CB8E8D-786F-42D2-92F1-7BEF98A9A8EB (resized).jpeg
#2944 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

. When you run LEDs do you cut out all of those boards with those rectangular ceramic things (I don’t know what these are called)?

No, but there are specific rectangular ceramic things to remove (they are called cement resistors or wirewound resistors usually) The ones that would be removed are the warming resistors. Or just don;t change flashers to LED - they are plenty bright. Do some reading before committing yourself to LED flashers
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-led-flashers-to-system-11-games

Quoted from Aniraf:

I would also like to know if having a cracked relay cover is dangerous? I have that situation going on.

No, nothing dangerous. You can still play it. Just be careful when working around it. The cover is to protect the delicate mechanisms inside from dirt or things falling inside. Make a note to replace it, but it does not have to be a high priority.

Quoted from Aniraf:

Lastly I noticed here are just “extra” wires tied up around the drop target wire harness. Is this normal?

These wires, or at least one of them, correspond to the wire color for a playfield insert flasher solenoid. Its common for some games to have had wiring problems where a defective wire is left in the harness if it has been bypassed by another wire, rather than cut the whole harness apart to remove it. Run your solenoid diagnostics, if flasher 04C works there is a good chance that this was the case.

#2945 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

So I finally started tearing down my machine for restoration…oh my god in heaven his thing is insanity! Who designed this mess? To say there are layers would be an understatement, this thing has stories! Screws you cannot get to without unscrewing other screws or bolts, topside items you can’t remove without bottomside unhooking. This game is 10x more complicated than my Circus Voltaire.

Lastly I noticed here are just “extra” wires tied up around the drop target wire harness. Is this normal?[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol pinbot is a breeze to tear into.
As stated the are a few warming resistors that need to be removed. It's been covered many times. Search it.
Those extra wires are not errors or for inserts. Optos were planned but not used for the drops. Those wires were not removed. Whether this change was for reliability or cost who knows.

#2946 5 years ago

You guys are awesome! Thank you!

Do you guys typically leave the flashers? I’m not concerned with the brightness, rather the heat and lifespan of the incandescent bulbs.

#2947 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

You guys are awesome! Thank you!
Do you guys typically leave the flashers? I’m not concerned with the brightness, rather the heat and lifespan of the incandescent bulbs.

I wouldn't put LED flash lamps in a PinBot. They are bright as is and if you sell it later without putting the warming resistors back on, many buyers will see that as something else to do to fix it. Also, there are a few (I think 4) 1251 lamps under the playfield near the visor and eyes. These are the same size as 89 flash lamps but are NOT. Don't put 89s in there.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't put LED flash lamps in a PinBot. They are bright as is and if you sell it later without putting the warming resistors back on, many buyers will see that as something else to do to fix it. Also, there are a few (I think 4) 1251 lamps under the playfield near the visor and eyes. These are the same size as 89 flash lamps but are NOT. Don't put 89s in there.

Cointaker 1251 LEDs can be added to eyes without modification.

#2949 5 years ago

I went all LED. The 1251s from cointaker are great for the eyes. I just unsoldered the ground wire from all the flasher boards and put some heat shrink on the ends.

#2950 5 years ago

and make sure you clean the underside of the inserts really good before screwing the bulb holders back in. I use Comet white clear dome 2 smd bulbs in all my games, after cleaning the facets of the inserts just sparkle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/59?hl=mr-jupiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.