IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 122.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I also bought some of those eBay 13 led. Maybe just poor quality because they wouldn't work in my pinbot, but cointakers work great.

You have to cut the ground wires on the warming circuit for them to work.

#2802 5 years ago

All ground wires are cut.

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

All ground wires are cut.

You’re positive they’re 24v? I accidentally put a normal flasher in one of my 1251 sockets and it didn’t work.

Does the socket work with an incandescent 1251?

#2804 5 years ago

Pretty sure. I wanted to get my Pinbot back together, so I put in 1251 whites and finished up putting all back together. I may try them again in the future.

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Damn. Just put in my order at cointaker which is selling them for 2x the amount.

I have the cointaker ones. They were a little pricey but work great you will like them.

#2806 5 years ago

Hello, can anyone give me an estimate for buying a coin door for a Pinbot? I want to have an idea before posting a want ad. Something in need of resto is fine. Posting is sys 11 club too.

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Hello, can anyone give me an estimate for buying a coin door for a Pinbot? I want to have an idea before posting a want ad. Something in need of resto is fine. Posting is sys 11 club too.

If you end up getting an extra I need the two plastic retaining clips for the coin mechs.

#2808 5 years ago

Is it odd that my Pinbot mpu has 1j15 installed? Just has an empty connector holding it's spot. In reading, I thought this should be unpopulated and could be added to convert to 11 nothing board?

20181005_064709 (resized).jpg20181005_064709 (resized).jpg
#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Is it odd that my Pinbot mpu has 1j15 installed?

No. Things at Williams were changing very fast at this time. They corrected it by the next couple of games.

1 week later
#2810 5 years ago

Is anyone making reproduction spiral ramps?

Also, I just picked up a 2nd Pinbot and the background music is from Space Station. Could anyone help me as to what ROM I need to switch out? I see there's 2 on the MPU but they're labeled Pinbot and I do get the Pinbot vocal sounds/etc. It's just the background music.

#2811 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Also, I just picked up a 2nd Pinbot and the background music is from Space Station. Could anyone help me as to what ROM I need to switch out? I see there's 2 on the MPU but they're labeled Pinbot and I do get the Pinbot vocal sounds/etc. It's just the background music.

Check Ebay. From time to time there is a red spiral ramp for pinbot. Seller posts them regularly. They come with the stickers and steel ramp flaps as well.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Can you post pictures of the ROM's on your MPU board and also the sound card?

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Can you post pictures of the ROM's on your MPU board and also the sound card?

It seems the 2 on the MPU are correct (are labelled correct and make the correct sounds). I'm guessing it's just 1 on the sound card that's wrong?

IMG_3711 (resized).JPGIMG_3711 (resized).JPGIMG_3712 (resized).JPGIMG_3712 (resized).JPG
#2814 5 years ago

I am still repairing battery damage but here is the ROM side of my board if that helps.

20181014_181742 (resized).jpg20181014_181742 (resized).jpg
#2815 5 years ago

I have the same problem @mhkohne had with removing the backbox glass from my #Pinbot. It just won’t go up another 2mm that I need to get it out. I’ve tried everything short of breaking it, including pressing on the glass from the back through the vent holes while lifting it, and trying it while the backbox is folded down. It just won’t budge. Is there another trick, or is it just a matter getting it to clear the wood inside the top of the box as mhkohne suggested? Thanks!

#2816 5 years ago

Anyone need a full tree bank drop target mech? In quite nice shape. PM me. Make a reasonable offer. I can ship for free in Canada on Tuesday if the Canada post website isn’t locked up.

7D8A08DF-96A3-4275-9FB0-B9C00DD53214 (resized).jpeg7D8A08DF-96A3-4275-9FB0-B9C00DD53214 (resized).jpeg

#2817 5 years ago
Quoted from Larrymc:

I have the same problem @mhkohne had with removing the backbox glass from my #Pinbot. It just won’t go up another 2mm that I need to get it out. I’ve tried everything short of breaking it, including pressing on the glass from the back through the vent holes while lifting it, and trying it while the backbox is folded down. It just won’t budge. Is there another trick, or is it just a matter getting it to clear the wood inside the top of the box as mhkohne suggested? Thanks!

Have you tried -gently- pushing upwards on the top front edge of the backbox, while trying to lift the glass at the same time? The backboxes sag over time; pushing upwards on it should spread it enough that you can get the glass out. Many of my older pins have been this way, not just P*B. I will say though that P*B's somewhat unique backbox lock setup seems a bit more problematic than others, so don't rule out the possibility that it's just not completely unlocked.

Richard

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from Larrymc:

If nothing else works, drill out the lock with a large diameter metal bit (1/4") using oil to lubricate and keep the bit from over heating and breaking.

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from Larrymc:

Mine had this issue too. It was catching at the bottom instead of at the top so it was counterintuitive to figure out. From the bottom tab, try pulling it towards you (bow it out) as you lift.

The plastic edge on the inside was catching on a foam bulb shade. Permanent fix was to trim the plastic. Maybe yours is doing the same thing.

#2820 5 years ago
0BF2149D-FFB0-4ED2-9DEF-04ACAE052020 (resized).jpeg0BF2149D-FFB0-4ED2-9DEF-04ACAE052020 (resized).jpeg648AC41A-1E2E-4257-A5F3-49E6AF033D9C (resized).jpeg648AC41A-1E2E-4257-A5F3-49E6AF033D9C (resized).jpeg
#2821 5 years ago

From the looks of that photo, I'd guess that your light panel is too far forward; I have this to a lesser degree on some of my Williamses. Try moving the two catch brackets on the inside right of the backbox further in 1/8" - 1/4" or so.

#2822 5 years ago

Thanks for all the tips! I finally muscled it out. I still have no idea exactly what it was hanging up on. Towards the end, I was using an L bracket to pull the glass forward, both at the bottom and top on the right side which seemed to be hanging more than the left, and eventually I managed to get it up high enough to clear. Whew! Never spent an hour getting a backglass out before!

PS Is top trim normal on P*B? Maybe that was the problem. Actually, it fell off when the glass came out, and I never noticed if it was actually attached to the glass the whole time. I wonder if it had come off and was actually what was jamming things up.

#2823 5 years ago

In the club! This is my 3rd System 11. Love this game so far.

85AC144C-89B9-4A9E-AD9B-C855FD5562E8 (resized).jpeg85AC144C-89B9-4A9E-AD9B-C855FD5562E8 (resized).jpeg
#2824 5 years ago

Does anyone have a spare 10-128 ramp lift mech spring they will sell to me shipped to 48348? Thinking maybe just drop into an envelope with a forever stamp on it?

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Does anyone have a spare 10-128 ramp lift mech spring they will sell to me shipped to 48348? Thinking maybe just drop into an envelope with a forever stamp on it?

I have the ramp but the stainless ramp price is broken. I would basically give it away if you want to buy a new ramp flap (couple bucks) and rivet it on. PM me if interested and I can fire you a pic

OH, just a spring?

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Careful with that...I've seen a lot of mail-sorter machine destruction of small parts in an envelope. It's worth putting into a cardboard mailer to avoid this kind of hassle.

Richard

#2827 5 years ago

It’s just a spring! Sorry wizard_mode just checked and all out! Just got a Marco order today too, doh!

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Careful with that...I've seen a lot of mail-sorter machine destruction of small parts in an envelope. It's worth putting into a cardboard mailer to avoid this kind of hassle.
Richard

I like "living on the edge!" Cheapest shipping on Marco is $7.99. Part is $0.80.

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

I like "living on the edge!" Cheapest shipping on Marco is $7.99. Part is $0.80.

Stock up on other stuff, that is what I usually do when I need only 1 or 2 parts.

#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Stock up on other stuff, that is what I usually do when I need only 1 or 2 parts.

You're playing right into their trap! (I do this too)

#2831 5 years ago
Quoted from AMBoggs:

Been there, done that, just need a spring now, lol... I found a local who is ordering so I think I am all set. The reason I need this is because I just realized I have the wrong spring on my lift ramp mech. Someone put an old flipper return spring (system 9 style) and it isn't doing the trick for lifting my ramp. Looking forward to getting this spring. It's almost worth $8.79!!!

#2832 5 years ago

Add me to the club!

#2833 5 years ago

Welcome, tell us about your pinbot

#2834 5 years ago

Looking for switch 40, Ramp Entrance. Manual says SW-1A-164, but what I can tell that is not available. Anyone know what the replacement number is?

Thanks.

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from DLsmith:

Looking for switch 40, Ramp Entrance. Manual says SW-1A-164, but what I can tell that is not available. Anyone know what the replacement number is?
Thanks.

Mine's a bit flakey as well. The switch only makes a sound and doesn't score any points. For a replacement switch find one with the same length blades and swap those blades into your old switch wafers. Leaf switches are just like a sandwich. The exact part number might refer to that side tab so you should be able to make something work.

#2836 5 years ago

Does anyone have the rainbow visor decal? I just joined the club and I am shopping it out. (Awesome game, it impresses me how awesome a two ball multi ball can be when the game play is awesome). I am looking for one and it seems like pinball center has them but they don't seem to ship to the US? There are work around for that but I was hoping maybe one of the owners would have one or know where I could get one. Thanks!

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Mine's a bit flakey as well. The switch only makes a sound and doesn't score any points. For a replacement switch find one with the same length blades and swap those blades into your old switch wafers. Leaf switches are just like a sandwich. The exact part number might refer to that side tab so you should be able to make something work.

Thanks.

#2838 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

Does anyone have the rainbow visor decal? I just joined the club and I am shopping it out. (Awesome game, it impresses me how awesome a two ball multi ball can be when the game play is awesome). I am looking for one and it seems like pinball center has them but they don't seem to ship to the US? There are work around for that but I was hoping maybe one of the owners would have one or know where I could get one. Thanks!

Here's a link to Planetary Pinball that has the decal in stock for Jackbot...Looks the same as Pinbot's.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2327-7

#2839 5 years ago

Need some wiring help. Putting my pinbot back together and I clipped the knocker wires off to transport. Now I need to solder back and I did not take a pic. Manual says it is a brown black wire in the coil chart. So does this mean the brown black is the ground? And the diode band goes away from this wire? The 2 wires are orange and brown black. Thanks

#2840 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So does this mean the brown black is the ground? And the diode band goes away from this wire? The 2 wires are orange and brown black. Thanks

Orange is power wire, install next to the band of the diode. Brown/black is the ground wire, install away from the band.

#2841 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Orange is power wire, install next to the band of the diode. Brown/black is the ground wire, install away from the band.

Thanks!

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

I made a set of waterslide decals for everything on Pinbot. PM me if interested.

#2843 5 years ago

I inherited a Pinbot in May, and with moving from IN to VA, I'm just now able to get it running smoothly. I have experience working on electronics, which is helpful. This weekend I fixed a few of the easy problems and only really have a couple issues to iron out. My Left Eye Reject tends to stick and think there is a ball still in place, and my Top Jet Bumper only engages intermittently. Other than that its all cosmetic! Where is the best place to order parts for these machines?

I am already loving his addiction!

IMG_2863 (resized).JPGIMG_2863 (resized).JPG
#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaRyanFresh:

I inherited a Pinbot in May, and with moving from IN to VA, I'm just now able to get it running smoothly. I have experience working on electronics, which is helpful. This weekend I fixed a few of the easy problems and only really have a couple issues to iron out. My Left Eye Reject tends to stick and think there is a ball still in place, and my Top Jet Bumper only engages intermittently. Other than that its all cosmetic! Where is the best place to order parts for these machines?
[quoted image]

Congrats on getting the ol 'Bot set up!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/ and https://www.pinballlife.com/ are great for parts. Also, check out http://www.bayareaamusements.com/

You can source new plastics and back glass at https://classicplayfields.com/

Freeplay40 makes some great ramps if you need them. not sure if they're still available but chaskett made a nice lift ramp decal as well.

I also search eBay on occasion as you can find some hard to find game specific parts if you time it right. Hope that helps.

#2845 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

@GRUMPY
This board has been significantly damaged and put back together. Are there any connectors I should leave off on the first powerup, and pins I should test before risking damage?
Thanks in advance.

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from PapaRyanFresh:

[quoted image]

You may want to pull apart the mechanism for the eye ejects and clean them. Mine were so gummed up I was surprised they worked. After a good cleaning they work great now.

#2847 5 years ago
Quoted from chaosrooster:

Congrats on getting the ol 'Bot set up!
https://www.marcospecialties.com/ and https://www.pinballlife.com/ are great for parts. Also, check out http://www.bayareaamusements.com/
You can source new plastics and back glass at https://classicplayfields.com/
Freeplay40 makes some great ramps if you need them. not sure if they're still available but chaskett made a nice lift ramp decal as well.
I also search eBay on occasion as you can find some hard to find game specific parts if you time it right. Hope that helps.

Thanks! I appreciate the references!

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

You may want to pull apart the mechanism for the eye ejects and clean them. Mine were so gummed up I was surprised they worked. After a good cleaning they work great now.

I didn't even think to try that! I'll give it a go this week. Thank you!

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Are there any connectors I should leave off on the first powerup, and pins I should test before risking damage?

You can leave the brown/black wire off then start a game. Then touch the wire to the coil lug, if it doesn't fire shut off the game and solder on the wire. Then test knocker in coil test.

#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You can leave the brown/black wire off then start a game. Then touch the wire to the coil lug, if it doesn't fire shut off the game and solder on the wire. Then test knocker in coil test.

I was thinking more along the lines of mpu connectors. Not sure if I should test anything before fully hooking up and turning on the mpu. Still waiting on 1 ic to come in the mail. I guess I will just be ready to turn it off quickly if anything seems to lock up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.