20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 122.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Looks good, but why not do it 4 color? It would look way better with the grey, yellow and orange bands/outlines, and white stars on the black background, and the white stripes on the planet.

I do cut vinyl, not screen printing. There would be a lot if waste and a lot of man hours to cut and align multiple colors.

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am re-doing the stencil on the front of Pinbot around the coin door.
Does anybody know the paint codes for the yellow and red on the cabinet?
Thanks,

If only redoing the front, you gonna have a hard time matching whatever cors you have left on the sides and head.

A few of us just used painter's touch red and yellow.

The factory red was more orangey for sure.

#2653 5 years ago

The more i look at it i don't think you're missing much leaving out the yellow and gray. Assuming the new ramp would glow, any color on top of it would most likely be silhouetted anyway.

20180815_195658 (resized).jpg20180815_195658 (resized).jpg
#2654 5 years ago

Ah, I see. So 4 color is out.

But I've been thinking, I'm not sure black will show up very well against the dark transparent blue. Very poor contrast.

How about light/medium blue? If the surface of the planet were the deeper blue seen on the plastic to the right, you could leave the 'sky' on the upper left without a decal. The deeper blues on the decal and the NASA lettering could then be empty, too, letting the transparent blue come through beneath. Much better contrast, much truer to the original IMO.

#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

What does everyone think?

I think I need to see the new ramps in place with the flashers working. My fear is the flashers are going to shine through the transparent blue and red portions too much.
The vinyl black out portions might need to be bigger around the flashers to cut down any bleed though. ???

Really need to see one installed to be sure.

#2656 5 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I think I need to see the new ramps in place with the flashers working. My fear is the flashers are going to shine through the transparent blue and red portions too much.
The vinyl black out portions might need to be bigger around the flashers to cut down any bleed though. ???
Really need to see one installed to be sure.

Totally agree. I am anxious to see video of one installed in a game situation.

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

But I've been thinking, I'm not sure black will show up very well against the dark transparent blue.

Don't forget that the vinyl is opaque so its more of a play between light and shadow / positive and negative space than color hues. Any vinyl color will read as black when backlit in a dim setting. I really think black is the best choice in this situation.

To get the effect you are looking for you might be better off transfering your old sticker temporarily onto a cutting surface, cutting out any blue/red areas with an exacto knife, and them transfering the sticker to the new transparent ramp.

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Don't forget that the vinyl is opaque so its more of a play between light and shadow / positive and negative space than color hues. Any vinyl color will read as black when backlit in a dim setting. I really think black is the best choice in this situation.
To get the effect you are looking for you might be better off transfering your old sticker temporarily onto a cutting surface, cutting out any blue/red areas with an exacto knife, and them transfering the sticker to the new transparent ramp.

Oh, will it be underlit? I'm working on my Pinbot right now and I can only see one GI under the ramp, and that's under an opaque plastic.

I guess I'd have to see it installed.

#2659 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Oh, will it be underlit?

That is the assumption i am working on. I have the jackbot replacement big blue plastic installed in mine and it really brightens up this corner. With a blue transparent ramp, it should really glow.

#2660 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

If only redoing the front, you gonna have a hard time matching whatever cors you have left on the sides and head.
A few of us just used painter's touch red and yellow.
The factory red was more orangey for sure.

This one for the red?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This one for the red?[quoted image]

I'm not sure actually. I have left over at home I should check both colors for you.

Should end up looking like this:
IMG_3469 (resized).JPGIMG_3469 (resized).JPG

IMG_3814 (resized).JPGIMG_3814 (resized).JPG

Do you plan on re-doing the black as well?

#2662 5 years ago

Do you an on re-doing the black as well?

Yep.

#2663 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Do you an on re-doing the black as well?
Yep.

Great. Good luck sir.

#2664 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Great. Good luck sir.

Thanks.

If you find out your colors that would be awesome. I love the way yours turned out.

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks.
If you find out your colors that would be awesome. I love the way yours turned out.

Here you go buddy :
1534465178467-1000390962 (resized).jpg1534465178467-1000390962 (resized).jpg

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Looks good, but why not do it 4 color? It would look way better with the grey, yellow and orange bands/outlines, and white stars on the black background, and the white stripes on the planet.

Not the effect he's looking for and registration of the colors might be a problem.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Here you go buddy :
[quoted image]

Thanks!!!

#2668 5 years ago

Does anyone else have trouble getting the blue ramp exit switch to activate consistently? The switch is clean and gapped correctly and works when I use my finger every time. I'm thinking I need to maybe adjust the wire which sticks up through the ramp. Maybe bend it out towards the outer sidewall of the ramp.

#2669 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Does anyone else have trouble getting the blue ramp exit switch to activate consistently? The switch is clean and gapped correctly and works when I use my finger every time. I'm thinking I need to maybe adjust the wire which sticks up through the ramp. Maybe bend it out towards the outer sidewall of the ramp.

Be careful bending the wireform, it can make things worse. Speaking from experience. But yes, this can help.

#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Can you test with a ball in several places like in the center and sides of the ramp as it goes over the switch. I've always heard that can be a better test.

#2671 5 years ago

Restore done! Removed mylar from playfield. Didn't do touch-ups, put on a playfield protector. Redid pops, flippers, etc. I have some used parts. If you are interested, send me an offer. A big thanks to GRUMPY for answer all of my questions during this rebuild!

Photo Aug 19, 1 01 32 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 01 32 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 02 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 02 25 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 13 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 1 13 06 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 37 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 44 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Aug 19, 4 06 44 PM (resized).jpg
#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Restore done! Removed mylar from playfield. Didn't do touch-ups, put on a playfield protector. Redid pops, flippers, etc. I have some used parts. If you are interested, send me an offer. A big thanks to grumpy for answer all of my questions during this rebuild!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done.

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I have some used parts.

Wow, that is one dirty start button. Looking good now!

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Wow, that is one dirty start button. Looking good now!

It sure is, I've never seen one that bad.

#2675 5 years ago

Somebody thought it was a good idea to use touch-up with black spray paint without masking or removing parts, lol.

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I measured IJ7 and got these values:
1: 5.1v
2: 5.2v
3: 5.2v
4: 5.1v
6: 7.8v
7: 5.7v
8: 11.2v
9: 5.1v

Obviously one of these is not like the others. You have some problem on column 7 (pinAll bulbs should effectively "see" around 6VAC as they are pulsed. This problem is usually caused by a short between two columns, the column driver staying high or a shorted/reversed diode. Best to start by isolating the problem to MPU or playfield
See "Testing the Lamp Columns" at http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wms11/index2.htm#lamp

1 week later
#2677 5 years ago

I have a chance to join the club. I love system 11's and now I have a Pinbot lined up. Price is very reasonable (significantly less than 500) and it's a 6 hr round trip. Going to buy sight unseen with very few pics. Lady seems very trustworthy and it worked until a move. Assuming battery damage to the board but hoping not. This is the best I have to go on. Am I crazy?

image3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpeg
#2678 5 years ago

That is stupid cheap. I paid 1,500 for mine little over a month ago and I just replaced 2 pia chips because of the battery damage. It played fine when I got it for the first 12 or so games then boot issues. But now it is good. I installed the nvram chip to never have to worry about batteries again.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I have a chance to join the club. I love system 11's and now I have a Pinbot lined up. Price is very reasonable (significantly less than 500) and it's a 6 hr round trip. Going to buy sight unseen with very few pics. Lady seems very trustworthy and it worked until a move. Assuming battery damage to the board but hoping not. This is the best I have to go on. Am I crazy?
[quoted image]

500 is incredibly good. 1500 is what a working one is worth. a damaged one would be less.

#2680 5 years ago

Less then 500.00 is a steal!!!!!

#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

... Am I crazy?
[quoted image]

You are crazy for posting the details BEFORE you made the pick up.

#2682 5 years ago

I agree. Even though it is not working I still think it's a good deal. I actually meant 12 hours round trip though.

#2683 5 years ago

Less than $500? There are some folks that would pay that for a trashed Pinbot with no boards in it.

Quoted from gutz:

Yup

#2684 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

I am a little crazy, but there are no for sale ads on this one. This person contacted me and wants it to go to a good home to be restored.

#2685 5 years ago

Do the drive - you will be glad you did.

#2686 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Price is very reasonable (significantly less than 500)

Shit...I paid like $2k for mine and it needs some work to be really nice.

#2687 5 years ago

I hope your posting from your car on your way to get this. That is a great price.

#2688 5 years ago

Pinbot/Jack Bot ramp update. I had quite a setback with the first batch of blue/red ramps with a couple spots that did not accept the dye. It has taken me a week just to resolve the problem and am now finishing up the dye process on the first dozen of these made. Typically when I discover flaws I discard all the bad ones. With the amount of work that goes into these I plan on offering the "seconds" at a discounted price. I will post photos of the flaws. There are a couple spots right at the entrance where the blue did not take, but are partially hidden from view and another spot on the outer wall of the red towards the exit. The red flaw is parallel with line of sight when playing the game so not terribly noticeable. So much work went into making these, just seems a shame to toss them.

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinbot/Jack Bot ramp update. I had quite a setback with the first batch of blue/red ramps with a couple spots that did not accept the dye. It has taken me a week just to resolve the problem and am now finishing up the dye process on the first dozen of these made. Typically when I discover flaws I discard all the bad ones. With the amount of work that goes into these I plan on offering the "seconds" at a discounted price. I will post photos of the flaws. There are a couple spots right at the entrance where the blue did not take, but are partially hidden from view and another spot on the outer wall of the red towards the exit. The red flaw is parallel with line of sight when playing the game so not terribly noticeable. So much work went into making these, just seems a shame to toss them.

Yes, a shame to waste. I'm sure plenty of us will be happy with them, especially at a discounted rate.

#2690 5 years ago

Getting quite a few inquiries on the blue/red "seconds" so I thought I would post a couple photos. They are pretty much all the same. I think I have 12-14 of them. These are still close to the original forming.....not cut out at all. I've circled the problem areas on both. The blue will be partially hidden once in a game. The red problem is towards the exit on the outer sidewall so looking straight on you probably won't see it. I will be selling the new perfect ones for $130. As far as price on the seconds....thinking $90-$95. I can make these up in either Pinbot or Jack Bot and yes I will still offer free riveting of the 2 switch plates on the Pinbots.

IMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1398 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPGIMG_1399 (resized).JPG
#2691 5 years ago

Are the switch plates that need to be riveted on available to purchase on any of the usual pinball siites?,.. given I am in Australia, taking mine off would mean I’d be without my Pinbot for ages,..

#2692 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Are the switch plates that need to be riveted on available to purchase on any of the usual pinball siites?,.. given I am in Australia, taking mine off would mean I’d be without my Pinbot for ages,..

I've looked a couple times and I cannot find them anywhere. There are ways to manually rivet without special tools. I think Todd Tuckey even posted a video of first using a center punch to flare the rivet then a flat punch to spread it. The trick is to have something very solid to support the head. I often use a 3/8" bolt with the bottom ground a little concave and then placed in my vice. I could include some rivets for you.

If by chance you can find them here in the US, you could have them shipped to me to put on a ramp.

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I've looked a couple times and I cannot find them anywhere. There are ways to manually rivet without special tools. I think Todd Tuckey even posted a video of first using a center punch to flare the rivet then a flat punch to spread it. The trick is to have something very solid to support the head. I often use a 3/8" bolt with the bottom ground a little concave and then placed in my vice. I could include some rivets for you.
If by chance you can find them here in the US, you could have them shipped to me to put on a ramp.

I’ll see if I can track them down,. Otherwise I will look at my test rig clunker Pinbot and see what state they are in on that ramp, and maybe look at a sacrifice. While I am hopeless with tools in general, I have the kit to drill out the old rivets, ... there has to be a way,.. coz a clear blue/red ramp is gonna be too good to pass by.

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Do the drive - you will be glad you did.

I am making the trip on Saturday to pick it up. Money is already in her hand and I have a receipt. Just 6 hrs each way and I am in the club. Gonna combine with a Caribou hunt so now it is more like 6 hours out of my way.

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am making the trip on Saturday to pick it up. Money is already in her hand and I have a receipt. Just 6 hrs each way and I am in the club. Gonna combine with a Caribou hunt so now it is more like 6 hours out of my way.

Good luck with the pickup. It is a great machine and I think the high score music is the best of any pinball machine.

#2696 5 years ago

Robotworkshop I do think Pinbot high score is good, however, space station is way better. Check it out:

#2697 5 years ago

I just joined the club last week, picked up a Pinbot

It has the standard damage to the spiral ramp, that was fixed with metal. I would like to replace it, seems like ebay is the only spot I can find an replacement, any better options then that one?

Also the helmet is missing part of its decal, looks like this part is harder to find. Anyone have an extra one or know where to get a replacement helmet or decal?

IMG_20180827_2316266 (resized).jpgIMG_20180827_2316266 (resized).jpg
#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Good luck with the pickup. It is a great machine and I think the high score music is the best of any pinball machine.

Thanks. Price is cheap but could have a multitude of issues. At least the little bit of playfield that is visible looks good and not beat up. Hoping for the best but expecting issues and a lot of work. I will post a couple pics once I have it.

#2699 5 years ago

ranman2001 I have a used ramp that still has top piece intact. I did remove the metal flap to use on new eBay one. I posted a picture a little ways back in here. I also have waterslide helmet and ramp decals I didn't use. I tried to spray them with clear coat and they got foggy, so i used the standard set. Maybe more clear would fix the fog?

#2700 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

ranman2001 I have a used ramp that still has top piece intact. I did remove the metal flap to use on new eBay one. I posted a picture a little ways back in here. I also have waterslide helmet and ramp decals I didn't use. I tried to spray them with clear coat and they got foggy, so i used the standard set. Maybe more clear would fix the fog?

PM sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/54?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.