20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 122.
#2601 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

What do the other 2 do?

They are part of the warming circuit, this allows a small amount of current to flow thru the bulb filament. Not enough current to light the the bulb, but enough to warm the filament. This makes the bulb light up quicker more light a flash. It also extends the bulb life. When installing led flash bulbs the warming circuit needs to be disconnected otherwise the the small amount of current will make them light all the time.

#2602 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

What do the other 2 do?

I believe they send a small amount of voltage to the lamp at all times so when the bulb gets the full voltage - the flash is nice and bright

#2603 5 years ago

Ramp update... I'm having a local sheet metal company make me a larger stainless steel vat so that I can dye the larger ramps. I've been wanting to try a multi-color ramp for some time so while I'm waiting for the new vat I decided to try it with Pinbot just for fun. Pinbot has a blue side and a red side theme to the playfield so I took a new ramp and dyed the left side blue and the right side red. I will likely offer this theme to the owner of the machine I have on loan (that I've had waaayyy too long!) if he wants it. Not sure if there would be any demand for it.

The blue on the left side demonstrates the color I will be using for the blue ramp.

IMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1391 (resized).JPGIMG_1392 (resized).JPGIMG_1392 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG
#2604 5 years ago

That looks really cool,.. should be a hit with the folks keen on the red/blue theme (like me !!)

#2605 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Ramp update... I'm having a local sheet metal company make me a larger stainless steel vat so that I can dye the larger ramps. I've been wanting to try a multi-color ramp for some time so while I'm waiting for the new vat I decided to try it with Pinbot just for fun. Pinbot has a blue side and a red side theme to the playfield so I took a new ramp and dyed the left side blue and the right side red. I will likely offer this theme to the owner of the machine I have on loan (that I've had waaayyy too long!) if he wants it. Not sure if there would be any demand for it.
The blue on the left side demonstrates the color I will be using for the blue ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great Mark. I'd like one like that for my Jackbot. It doesn't have a flasher on the blue side so it looks like it would work perfect. You should post the ramp in the Jackbot club.

#2606 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You should post the ramp in the Jackbot club.

Will do.

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would buy that multi color ramp...I dig it!!

#2608 5 years ago

I’d buy that one too.

#2609 5 years ago

Posted this first batch photo of the blue/red ramp in the Freeplay40 ramp thread...

IMG_1394 (resized).JPGIMG_1394 (resized).JPG
#2610 5 years ago

you will sell trucks off these...

#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Posted this first batch photo of the blue/red ramp in the Freeplay40 ramp thread...
[quoted image]

They look like super sugar coated candy....gorgeous! Looking forward to them.

#2612 5 years ago

I'm thinking about one of those also - looks great!

#2613 5 years ago

You are going to do all-blue ramps though? Regardless of the subtle red/blue split in the game's color scheme, I'm not too excited about deviating that much from the original ramp. I do think the translucent blue though would look good instead of the solid original. I wonder if anyone is making good reproduction ramp and visor decals? I see Bay Area is out of stock on them currently...

Richard

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

You are going to do all-blue ramps though? Regardless of the subtle red/blue split in the game's color scheme, I'm not too excited about deviating that much from the original ramp. I do think the translucent blue though would look good instead of the solid original. I wonder if anyone is making good reproduction ramp and visor decals? I see Bay Area is out of stock on them currently...
Richard

Yes I intend to make all blue ones as soon as I get a vat large enough to do it. I reached out to Rick at Planetary about the decals and have not heard back yet.

#2615 5 years ago

ok, i know, its quite easy...

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

[quoted image]

a16fce729ecf1c3147dfde7dedb1738b (resized).jpga16fce729ecf1c3147dfde7dedb1738b (resized).jpg
#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, i know, its quite easy...

What? set on 5 ball? Just kidding - nice score

#2618 5 years ago

Any ideas why music would work in test, in attract mode, and in multiball but not when the game starts?

#2619 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Any ideas why music would work in test, in attract mode, and in multiball but not when the game starts?

Just a guess, but shooter lane switch not registering?

#2620 5 years ago

I have developed a Pinduino board for System 11 games! This opens up another great era of games for interactive lighting (and other mods) controlled by the open source Pinduino platform. The first game I've developed code for is pinbot. Let me know what you think!

Code is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/blob/master/Pinbot/Pinbot.ino

Plug and play kits for Pinbot are for sale in my Pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01860-pinduino-pinbot-interactive-lighting-for-the-ramps

I need to get one of those new ramps as this would look great on that!

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

what you think

A M A Z I N G... makes the rest of the game look somewhat asleep !

-mof

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

What? set on 5 ball? Just kidding - nice score

but you're right... its on my syster house, she wants it with 5 balls... that's how it was here in Belgium when we were young (yep, its long time ago)
so strange, as our neighbours France was with 3, Netherlands with 4...

#2623 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:France was with 3, Netherlands with 4...

The Czechs set their games at 4 too

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:I have developed a Pinduino board for System 11 games! This opens up another great era of games for interactive lighting (and other mods) controlled by the open source Pinduino platform. The first game I've developed code for is pinbot. Let me know what you think!

Code is available: https://github.com/elyons/professor_pinball_pinduino_sketches/blob/master/Pinbot/Pinbot.ino
Plug and play kits for Pinbot are for sale in my Pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1025-professor-pinball/01860-pinduino-pinbot-interactive-lighting-for-the-ramps

This looks great! It’ll pair nicely with the red/blue clear ramps that freeplay40 is working on

#2625 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Just a guess, but shooter lane switch not registering?

No, the shooter switch works fine.

Also I was wrong, it looks like only some of the music is working. In attract mode sometimes I hear five short thumps where the music should play. The game over song plays, in addition to the multiball song.

#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have developed a Pinduino board for System 11 games! This opens up another great era of games for interactive lighting (and other mods) controlled by the open source Pinduino platform. The first game I've developed code for is pinbot. Let me know what you think!

Perfect timing, I just ordered one!

#2627 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Perfect timing, I just ordered one!

Thanks for the order!

#2628 5 years ago

Does anyone use these on pinbot? red or clear? new caps or not? are they good?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3624

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Yep, here's mine with the opaque white caps & red leds-

DSC03599 (resized).JPGDSC03599 (resized).JPG
#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

These need a #555, and your Pinbot will have #44 unless some special mod done. I have asked the Brite mods folks about the evo’s coz I have them in blue on my BoP and the flash react is quite cool. They said no plans for the evo’s for #44.. and pointed to their brite rings

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Yep, here's mine with the opaque white caps & red leds-
[quoted image]

Given my response, and feedback I got from Brite mods,.. did you just get the Ice Brite caps separately, or are they the full evo’s kit,.. if so, have you done some mod to get around the #555 requirement?

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

These need a #555, and your Pinbot will have #44 unless some special mod done. I have asked the Brite mods folks about the evo’s coz I have them in blue on my BoP and the flash react is quite cool. They said no plans for the evo’s for #44.. and pointed to their brite rings

I purchased mine from Pinball Life. I believe they were sold together.

Sorry I forgot to mention the socket issue. But if you have replaced a pop bumper skirt before than it's no big deal. Remove the pop bumper coil & bracket asm, unsolder the wires to the old socket, pull the old socket out. Then install the new socket (use the type with metal strips not flexible wires), solder the new connections and put everything back together.
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#2633 5 years ago

Now one important thing to call out is if you replace your pop bumper body at this time (and it's a good time to do it) - the ones in Pinbot have the top shaved down a bit because of the mini playfield overhead. Just requires some modification.

#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I purchased mine from Pinball Life. I believe they were sold together.
Sorry I forgot to mention the socket issue. But if you have replaced a pop bumper skirt before than it's no big deal. Remove the pop bumper coil & bracket asm, unsolder the wires to the old socket, pull the old socket out. Then install the new socket (use the type with metal strips not flexible wires), solder the new connections and put everything back together.
[quoted image]

I may revisit looking for the ice caps,.. they do look v cool,... the socket mod,... maybe one day

#2635 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

VERY cool stuff! Finally System 11!!!!

Thank you for making this... do you have one of those handy diy guides like the bop ramps??

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Now one important thing to call out is if you replace your pop bumper body at this time (and it's a good time to do it) - the ones in Pinbot have the top shaved down a bit because of the mini playfield overhead. Just requires some modification.

Hey thanks for the heads up! I’m about to rebuild all my pops.

#2637 5 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Hey thanks for the heads up! I’m about to rebuild all my pops.

Give Zitt a shout he has colored transparent or clear bodies and skirts.

#2638 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help about the pop bumpers, I'm going to get the Evos and new #555 sockets and use Vid's guide to help me with stripping my pop bumpers down. The bodies look clean I think the pops must have been rebuilt before so I won't bother with that part.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

#2639 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Thanks for all the help about the pop bumpers, I'm going to get the Evos and new #555 sockets and use Vid's guide to help me with stripping my pop bumpers down. The bodies look clean I think the pops must have been rebuilt before so I won't bother with that part.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

Plz post some pics when done so some extreme jealously from Qld can flow toward Tas

#2640 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I use something similar. Not the same brand but the same idea. with red caps though. And black skirt.
6b14c9b7c7fecafec56ba4edb588e981ca81dca9.jpg6b14c9b7c7fecafec56ba4edb588e981ca81dca9.jpg

Used these 555 base wired socket:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/24-8776-1

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

I use something similar. Not the same brand but the same idea. with red caps though. And black skirt.

Where did you acquire those bottom two plastics on your upper playfield? Those obviously aren't original.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Where did you acquire those bottom two plastics on your upper playfield? Those obviously aren't original.

Yeah they are, it's just the reflection from the backglass.

That's what a shiny game does.

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yeah they are, it's just the reflection from the backglass ...

LOL! That reflection really makes it look like the artwork is on the plastics. The score display on the left one should have been a dead giveaway.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Yeah they are, it's just the reflection from the backglass.
That's a a shinny game does.

Somebody should do them though, they look beautiful

#2645 5 years ago

Any advice for chasing down lamp columns that are connected?

Each lamp on column 3 is coming on when the corresponding lamp on 4 is lit and vice versa, e.g. Uranus and Yellow 2 both coming on when either is lit.

#2646 5 years ago

I measured IJ7 and got these values:
1: 5.1v
2: 5.2v
3: 5.2v
4: 5.1v
6: 7.8v
7: 5.7v
8: 11.2v
9: 5.1v

#2647 5 years ago

Is there any interest in a new minimalist decal mod for the transparent blue/red pinbot ramp that Freeplay40 is making? I have an idea to do something in black vinyl that pays homage to the original design, but allows light to shine through. I've aquired some high resolution scans of the original stickers in order to do this.

#2648 5 years ago

I am re-doing the stencil on the front of Pinbot around the coin door.

Does anybody know the paint codes for the yellow and red on the cabinet?

Thanks,

#2649 5 years ago

Here's what I was thinking for the new custom decal for the freeplay40 translucent blue/red ramps. This would be large transfer decal in glossy black vinyl. Therefore all the stars and everything white would be the blue ramp. I'd do something similar for the right which would glow red. What does everyone think?

Left Draft 2 (resized).jpgLeft Draft 2 (resized).jpg
#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Here's what I was thinking for the new custom decal for the freeplay40 translucent blue/red ramps. This would be large transfer decal in glossy black vinyl. Therefore all the stars and everything white would be the blue ramp. I'd do something similar for the right which would glow red. What does everyone think?
[quoted image]

Looks good, but why not do it 4 color? It would look way better with the grey, yellow and orange bands/outlines, and white stars on the black background, and the white stripes on the planet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/53 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.