IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_1351 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1103 (resized).jpeg

There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 122.
#2451 5 years ago

My left side gi lights are out. Any thoughts? Thanks!

#2452 5 years ago

Hey Folks!

I’ve recently picked up my first machine (Pinbot of course!) and I’ve been trying to track down a why the top Playfield flashers are not working. Bulbs are good and replaced, sockets are good.
These lights are on the same switch as the ball trough feeder which works fine. However when I looked at the relay at the back right of the playfield that seems to run the feeder the solder job looks a bit brutal (top relay in picture, the one closer to the front of the playfield).

None of the other relay boards have a COIL connection, and it seems surprising to have GND and +28 connected! Perhaps this was a fix to route around a bad relay board? However I do hear the click when running the flasher test.

Might have to replace this. Could someone please snap a pic of what this should actually look like?

Thanks!

328C607D-679E-4AFB-9DBF-F0B62AE7E089 (resized).jpeg328C607D-679E-4AFB-9DBF-F0B62AE7E089 (resized).jpeg

#2453 5 years ago
Quoted from dmcinnes:

Hey Folks!
I’ve recently picked up my first machine (Pinbot of course!) and I’ve been trying to track down a why the top Playfield flashers are not working. Bulbs are good and replaced, sockets are good.
These lights are on the same switch as the ball trough feeder which works fine. However when I looked at the relay at the back right of the playfield that seems to run the feeder the solder job looks a bit brutal (top relay in picture, the one closer to the front of the playfield).
None of the other relay boards have a COIL connection, and it seems surprising to have GND and +28 connected! Perhaps this was a fix to route around a bad relay board? However I do hear the click when running the flasher test.
Might have to replace this. Could someone please snap a pic of what this should actually look like?
Thanks!

I would start with the warming boards first

#2454 5 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I would start with the warming boards first

Good call, I forgot to mention, all the warming boards look fine, with good connectivity.

#2455 5 years ago

Working on a dead Pinbot. So far I have it up and running. My last issue is with the sound test. I have background music and the music test works. How many sounds are in the sound test and is there a voice on the game?

#2456 5 years ago

Yes, there’s voice , it’s usually a chip on the soundboard, I’m sure someone here can point you in the right direction

#2457 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Working on a dead Pinbot. So far I have it up and running. My last issue is with the sound test. I have background music and the music test works. How many sounds are in the sound test and is there a voice on the game?

If you (or a previous owner) happened to burn the latest ROM set off the IPDB.org site then you'll be missing sounds. One of the sound ROM's is corrupt out there. In the list is another ROM image for that chip with the good image on it. I went around troubleshooting speech issues that were caused by that bad ROM image.

#2458 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

May possibly be the 55536 Cvsd chip. I think it's located at U3. But check the schematic. Common problem on pinbot. Search Google or pinside.

#2459 5 years ago

Another question is, My sound board doesn't have a chip in the U19. After looking at many different pictures on the net I see some have this chip and some don't. Any info on it?

#2460 5 years ago

I went through all sounds with and without U19 and couldn't detect any difference when testing music and speech.

#2461 5 years ago

I think your voice and sound effects come from the MPU. Music comes from the sound board. I *think*.

U21 and U22 are the roms. Check caps in that area.

Edit: The answer is always going to be: it depends. Like this guy here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-u19-speech-chip-whats-it-for

#2462 5 years ago

A better list of the what it is doing and not doing.
1:When game boots up it doesn't make a tone sound.
2:When pressing the SW1 on the CPU board it doesn't make a tone sound there.
3: When entering "sound" test in the test menu it doesn't make any sounds.
4: doesn't have the U19 rom on the sound board.

What it does do is:
1: When entering "music" test in the test menu. It does play music.
2: when playing the game it does play background music.
3: Just for the heck of it. I through the U21 and U22 "sound roms in my Cyclone. When entering the sound test they do play sounds in that game. So at least I know the roms are good.

All roms are original.

#2463 5 years ago

Any one on tonight? I was changing a light bulb when I accidentally disconnected the wires from the top left blue ramp sensor. I’m not sure which wire (the white or the green) goes on the banded side of the diode. Does anyone know?

Thanks in advance!

71274753-CE3B-4BC6-9256-DB2FBD53915D (resized).jpeg71274753-CE3B-4BC6-9256-DB2FBD53915D (resized).jpeg

BEC4CAAD-0C97-413C-AFAB-0F2B35743EE5 (resized).jpegBEC4CAAD-0C97-413C-AFAB-0F2B35743EE5 (resized).jpeg

F9C698A0-E61B-429B-AA0A-33E6372DC2DE (resized).jpegF9C698A0-E61B-429B-AA0A-33E6372DC2DE (resized).jpeg

A80FAA92-6021-495C-9EAA-B6BFA2298DFD (resized).jpegA80FAA92-6021-495C-9EAA-B6BFA2298DFD (resized).jpeg

#2464 5 years ago

Here you go.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2465 5 years ago

Ok I just want to make sure I got it right in the picture. White goes to non-banded side of the diode and green goes to the other connector?

Thanks

1C7F2337-0F4A-45F8-8184-DC3468AF58D2 (resized).jpeg1C7F2337-0F4A-45F8-8184-DC3468AF58D2 (resized).jpeg

#2466 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Ok I just want to make sure I got it right

You got it correct, but when done bend the tab that the green wire is on back down so it doesn't short out to the metal plate and nuts.

#2467 5 years ago

Looks correct, here's a pic of mine.

100_8676 (resized).JPG100_8676 (resized).JPG

#2468 5 years ago

Thanks to both of you! I’ll get the soldering iron fired up.

#2469 5 years ago

Works great!! Thanks guys!!

#2470 5 years ago

Are there any reproduction toppers online for sale? Mine is slightly cracked and has been covered with over spray from somebody painting next to it.

If not, I’ll use mineral spirits and glue it back.

#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Are there any reproduction toppers online for sale? Mine is slightly cracked and has been covered with over spray from somebody painting next to it.
If not, I’ll use mineral spirits and glue it back.

I’ll double up on this request. If anyone knows, I am interested.

#2472 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’ll double up on this request. If anyone knows, I am interested.

I know Scott is looking to make some, but needs a wiring diagram for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-topper-1

#2473 5 years ago

There's a thread, "pinbot topper group buy" where a pinsider made a run of them. I think it's still going. His handle is ibjeepin. Talks was around $100 each.

I'd be interested in getting in on a new batch. I blew out one side of mine unloading it out of my truck

#2474 5 years ago

Joined the club again a few days ago! Picked this up without really looking at it more than 30seconds so thankfully it boots with just some minor issues

Im assuming my ramp is super discolored? Im pretty sure it just came in blue but I thought I would ask since this one looks so solidly green.

All my ramp and visor decals are bubbling pretty bad so I assume the only option is to pick up the jackbot decals or scan and print my own?

Anyway, Im excited to get this project started! I really enjoyed this game when I had it last and I sold it way too soon. My phone takes terrible photos so Im sorry for any damage to your eye holes.

#2475 5 years ago

for the bubbled decals, you can try heating them up with a hair dryer and pushing the bubbles down. It worked for me, though mine weren't that bad. How to die the ramp, get new decals, etc. can be found within this 50 page thread.

#2476 5 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Joined the club again a few days ago! Picked this up without really looking at it more than 30seconds so thankfully it boots with just some minor issues
Im assuming my ramp is super discolored? Im pretty sure it just came in blue but I thought I would ask since this one looks so solidly green.
All my ramp and visor decals are bubbling pretty bad so I assume the only option is to pick up the jackbot decals or scan and print me own?
Anyway, Im excited to get this project started! I really enjoyed this game when I had it last and I sold it way too soon. My phone takes terrible photos so Im sorry for any damage to your eye holes.

Freeplay40 will be producing transparent PINBOT ramps at some point....this looks like the perfect candidate for an upgrade!!

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

for the bubbled decals, you can try heating them up with a hair dryer and pushing the bubbles down. It worked for me, though mine weren't that bad. How to die the ramp, get new decals, etc. can be found within this 50 page thread.

I gave this thread a scan last night, but Ill go through all of it today at work haha

Thanks for the tips!

#2478 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Freeplay40 will be producing transparent PINBOT ramps at some point....this looks like the perfect candidate for an upgrade!!

Pinbot is next. I've already reproduced the complete lift ramp, and working on the molds for the main ramp and the visor. May do the helmet as well.

#2479 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Pinbot is next. I've already reproduced the complete lift ramp, and working on the molds for the main ramp and the visor. May do the helmet as well.

Cool. The ramp i got from you was perfect. Count me in on the other goodies!! And thank you for your contributions!!

#2480 5 years ago

I might be selling a CPR gold playfield with new mini playfield and compete Cliffy set. Please Pm me if interested. I think that I might be backing out of this restoration.

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Freeplay40 Very interested in the main ramp and visor,.. are you doing coloured or clear for the main ramp?

#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'd be interested for sure!

#2484 5 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Freeplay40 Very interested in the main ramp and visor,.. are you doing coloured or clear for the main ramp?

The main ramp will be a transparent color. Blue for sure and someone else thought maybe red would look good. Visor can be smoked or another color.

#2485 5 years ago

Freeplay40 I would be interested in some of these parts!

Does anyone make the stickers to go on top?

#2486 5 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

freeplay40 I would be interested in some of these parts!
Does anyone make the stickers to go on top?

I alerted Planetary Pinball that I would be making the pieces and asked if they would supply the decals. Believe I got something along the lines of "We'll see" as a response. I have a Pinbot in the house but I also purchased a Pinbot main ramp to use for making that mold. I successfully removed the existing decals pretty easily and they can be reattached to a new ramp. I wish I was more artistically endowed as I think a redesign of the stickers could be very cool given the piece will be made with transparent plastic. Could leave areas in the decal open to allow the light to show through.

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

The main ramp will be a transparent color. Blue for sure and someone else thought maybe red would look good. Visor can be smoked or another color.

Freeplay40 is it possible to do a smoked visor plastic with glitter in it to give it a shimmering effect ?? I seen an old PINBOT restore thread on here where someone did this.

#2488 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

freeplay40 is it possible to do a smoked visor plastic with glitter in it to give it a shimmering effect ?? I seen an old PINBOT restore thread on here where someone did this.

Don't think I'll try that.

#2489 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Don't think I'll try that.

Ok. I'm wondering if a different transparent color would work. I guess we will see a couple test ones when you get these done.

#2490 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Red ramp was something I mentioned in the other thread,.. It would look great as a mod,.. but transparent blue would be too cool as well. Looking fwd to seeing this !!

#2491 5 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I alerted Planetary Pinball that I would be making the pieces and asked if they would supply the decals. Believe I got something along the lines of "We'll see" as a response. I have a Pinbot in the house but I also purchased a Pinbot main ramp to use for making that mold. I successfully removed the existing decals pretty easily and they can be reattached to a new ramp. I wish I was more artistically endowed as I think a redesign of the stickers could be very cool given the piece will be made with transparent plastic. Could leave areas in the decal open to allow the light to show through.

I can reproduce vector artwork if you have examples of the stickers you need. I’m not any great artist, but I can mimic things pretty well .

#2492 5 years ago

will join soon.. even if i know the pin, i'll read these last 50 pages...

#2493 5 years ago

I read that Williams didn’t put fuses between the transformer and the power supply the way some of the other brands did.

Has anyone done this for their Pinbot or other Williams pins? If so what Amps did you use for the fuses? Thanks

#2495 5 years ago

Thank you! It looks like it’s a little more complicated than adding a few fuses. I plan on owning my Pinbot for my lifetime so it seems like a good investment.

#2496 5 years ago
Quoted from Pintor:

Thank you! It looks like it’s a little more complicated than adding a few fuses. I plan on owning my Pinbot for my lifetime so it seems like a good investment.

No, I've done 3 of them... piece of cake to install.

#2497 5 years ago

I splice in a couple of fuses and keep everything else as is...

fuses-01 (resized).jpgfuses-01 (resized).jpg

fuse-02 (resized).jpgfuse-02 (resized).jpg

#2498 5 years ago

Just ordered 3 myself from big daddy. So with this plus a new power supply I should be covered for the next 10-15 years from any power related burn outs?

Any other places you recommend placing new fuses?

Thanks

#2499 5 years ago

Quick question gang, the flashers in the upper left hand and the single flasher in the upper right hand back of game.. are these 12 or 24v? Mine are super dim and I think I put 24? In when I put this thing back together... is that right? Are all the flashers on the topside of the playfield 12v? I know everything in and under visor is 24

#2500 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Quick question gang, the flashers in the upper left hand and the single flasher in the upper right hand back of game.. are these 12 or 24v? Mine are super dim and I think I put 24? In when I put this thing back together... is that right? Are all the flashers on the topside of the playfield 12v? I know everything in and under visor is 24

They are 13v, #89 flashers. I recently picked up a box from Marco:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-0089

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
There are 6,055 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.