New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 70838)

Pinbot Fans and Owners Club!

By wayout440

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,390 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by gutz
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0E8E6CB8-5BF1-4CD5-B6CD-A1BC64817942 (resized).jpeg
Pinbot (resized).jpg
D57670BE-7C9C-4C88-8AB0-0A9728F02A3B (resized).jpeg
PXL_20201024_003331285 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201013_031505682 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201013_031526174 (resized).jpg
DSC_2774 (resized).JPG
P1010249 (resized).JPG
P1010223 (resized).JPG
P1010211 (resized).JPG
P1010103 (1) (resized).JPG
P1010111 (resized).JPG
PXL_20201010_041021319 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201010_041029626 (resized).jpg
DSC_2750 (resized).JPG
D292FEA3-81DC-4203-AC2A-FC030A5552D3 (resized).jpeg

There are 4390 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 88.
#2301 2 years ago

Hoping to see Barry Oursler at TPF,.. should be a blast,.. maybe get my PinBot manual signed. May even be cheeky enough to ask why he designed those drains to be so evil .. it must be on purpose, coz it surely can't be me

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

May even be cheeky enough to ask why he designed those drains to be so evil .. it must be on purpose, coz it surely can't be me

Well the game was designed to make money after all.

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

It may be possible to clean it up with retro bright.

As far as I know, retro-bright is to make things white again. Because it's dipped in Peroxide and shined with UV. I would not try on the blue ramp.

#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

As far as I know, retro-bright is to make things white again. Because it's dipped in Peroxide and shined with UV. I would not try on the blue ramp.

The ramp is otherwise in perfect condition, even the original decals are still perfect, so it's not getting dipped in anything. I'll live with the green.

I've been stripping the top of the playfield all week and noticed a couple odd things. One, several of the blue & red plastic posts were tightened down so much that the screw heads actually crushed down the tops of the posts. Two, several posts, mostly on the right side of the pf, had a washer underneath the screw, for no apparent reason at all. This is a very original machine and I don't think the rubbers have ever been changed or the game shopped, so likely this was done at the factory. Anyone else notice either of these on a Pinbot they've shopped?

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Anyone else notice either of these on a Pinbot they've shopped?

Yes, i have seen this on several machines, not just PinBot. I usually put very thin washers on top of the posts A) to prevent further indentaion B) to get the plastics to lay at the same height/plane. I also like to replace all the off-white/dirty nylon acorn nuts with shiny stainless steel acorns to give it that classy EM look.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

So I was watching a few videos tonight on pinbot and heard some sounds/music and programming that I don't think I've ever heard from my game. I checked and I am only running cpu version 3. I saw there is a 5. Is there a significant difference with the newer version. Just wondering if that's my problem and I need to get the new rom.

Anyone have an answer?

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

So I was watching a few videos tonight on pinbot and heard some sounds/music and programming that I don't think I've ever heard from my game. I checked and I am only running cpu version 3. I saw there is a 5. Is there a significant difference with the newer version. Just wondering if that's my problem and I need to get the new rom.

Don't know the answer to the specific question, but I'm wondering what sounds/music you heard that you hadn't heard before? Could you link to the video and pinpoint the time at which it happens? That might be easier to figure out.

Richard

#2308 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with their clear ramp lifting mechanism not staying all the way up? I thought it was my coil being weak so I replaced it, but it still goes up, then goes partially back a bit....enough so the ball cannot go underneath cleanly...

The release coil let's it go back down when it's supposed to.

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Anyone have issues with their clear ramp lifting mechanism not staying all the way up? I thought it was my coil being weak so I replaced it, but it still goes up, then goes partially back a bit....enough so the ball cannot go underneath cleanly...
The release coil let's it go back down when it's supposed to.

I would suspect wear in the fiber link attached to the plunger.

If that looks OK then see where the stud that bolts to the arm - the exposed area right next to the ramp - this is slotted. There's a small amount of adjustment you can make to move the stud higher in the arm so the lifted position of the ramp will be higher. Something you could try, anyway.

Surprised yours is sitting that low, though. I just double-checked mine and I've got like 1/4" clearance above the ball when the ramp is up. Are you you 100% sure the ramp flap is original and not kinked/bent downwards?

Richard

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

I would suspect wear in the fiber link attached to the plunger.
If that looks OK then see where the stud that bolts to the arm - the exposed area right next to the ramp - this is slotted. There's a small amount of adjustment you can make to move the stud higher in the arm so the lifted position of the ramp will be higher. Something you could try, anyway.
Surprised yours is sitting that low, though. I just double-checked mine and I've got like 1/4" clearance above the ball when the ramp is up. Are you you 100% sure the ramp flap is original and not kinked/bent downwards?
Richard

I guess my first question is, when the mechanism raises the slide up, does the pin go all the way to the end of the slide? Mine does not.....

I bought a new arm and pin... I'll rebuild that portion and see if it helps.... there just seems to be too much play after the arm goes up, and spring forces the arm back as far as it will go before the return coil takes charge to drop it.

I did try adjusting the pin on the arm slider but that just made things worse..... back to the drawing board.

#2311 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I guess my first question is, when the mechanism raises the slide up, does the pin go all the way to the end of the slide?

Nope, so look elsewhere. When mine is fully raised there's still probably 1/8" or more of slack at the end of the area the stud could slide in.

Richard

#2312 2 years ago

Would someone mind measuring the height of their ADV “X” ramp sticker for me? I have the width of 1-1/8" but my sticker has a cut or something like it at the bottom, so I can't tell if the correct height should be 25/32" or 7/8". I scanned & recreated the artwork this afternoon and want to have a few stickers reprinted.

Edit: I'm sure I'll have a few extras, and since I see I already have a couple of requests, please PM me with PINBOT STICKER in the subject line if you want one, so I can keep a running tally. Thanks.

Pinbot (resized).jpg

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Would someone mind measuring the height of their ADV “X” ramp sticker for me? I have the width of 1-1/8" but my sticker has a cut or something like it at the bottom, so I can't tell if the correct height should be 25/32" or 7/8". I scanned & recreated the artwork this afternoon and want to have a few stickers reprinted.

I have no sticker at all. Would you be willing to sell a couple when you get it done?

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have no sticker at all. Would you be willing to sell a couple when you get it done?

Count me in for one too if you are selling them. Mine came without the sticker as well. Thanks.

#2315 2 years ago

Here is mine. I didn't realize I had one. It would be something good to refresh since it is faded so much.

Pinbot_ADVX (resized).jpg

#2316 2 years ago

Hey guys. I have the material to make 64 of these ADV X sticker remakes. PM me if you want one.

20180216_143429 (resized).jpg

20180216_161131 (resized).jpg

#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Hey all! Thought this might be of interest to some... that big blue plastic in the back corner that is always broken is being re manufactured by Planetary Pinball for JackBot. Based on the scan I have for pinbot, it looks like it will work, but may need some modification. Also as the back area is clear, it will probably brighten up the ramp and that dark corner. In looking at my game, I don't think missing the rest of the blue is going to matter. Anyways, for $12 I'm willing to be the guinea pig.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2313-4

To follow up on this... i got the Jackbot plastic yesterday. I had to drill a few small holes and cut out one of the larger flasher holes. The whole process took about 45 minutes. For $12 i'd say this is a win! It even makes the ramp glow a little.

20180311_210141 (resized).jpg

20180311_215412 (resized).jpg

20180311_215423 (resized).jpg

20180311_220113 (resized).jpg

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

I guess my first question is, when the mechanism raises the slide up, does the pin go all the way to the end of the slide? Mine does not.....
I bought a new arm and pin... I'll rebuild that portion and see if it helps.... there just seems to be too much play after the arm goes up, and spring forces the arm back as far as it will go before the return coil takes charge to drop it.
I did try adjusting the pin on the arm slider but that just made things worse..... back to the drawing board.

Second question.....when the coil lifts the ramp , does it stay energized and hold the ramp up until the release coil activates to lower the ramp? Or is raised ramp lock in place and lifting coil, not active after it pulls the ramp up?

I'm just trying to understand the scenario with the coils and switches to help me troubleshoot why my lifting arm drops back from spring tention once the ramp had been lifted......

#2319 2 years ago

Lift coil only energized to lift the ramp, then it's held in place by the mechanism. You can do this by hand with the power off to see how it works.

Richard

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

To follow up on this... i got the Jackbot plastic yesterday

Well done!

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Second question.....when the coil lifts the ramp , does it stay energized and hold the ramp up until the release coil activates to lower the ramp? Or is raised ramp lock in place and lifting coil, not active after it pulls the ramp up?
I'm just trying to understand the scenario with the coils and switches to help me troubleshoot why my lifting arm drops back from spring tention once the ramp had been lifted......

So, after taking the lift section apart and examining things better, I'm still in the same dilemma when I started. I've included pics to help my description of the problem. There seems to be a little play, which is causing the arm to go back a bit, thus causing the ramp to go down too much. I'm not sure if my arm is just worn asst the pointed part, where it catches? Both pics shoe the gap, play, in the lower side of the arm.

20180312_212928 (resized).jpg

20180312_212937 (resized).jpg

#2322 2 years ago

Can you loosen that screw and raise up the "stopper"?

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Can you loosen that screw and raise up the "stopper"?

I tried that, not enough play. I was thinking of maybe getting longer screws along with adding a washer under each screw might raise the stopper enough so that it bites the arm better......? I'm willing to try anything at this point as it shouldn't be this difficult....

20180312_212928 (resized).jpg

#2324 2 years ago

Remove both screws holding part # 23b L Crank Lock in place and oval the holes in part #23b. Reinstall and adjust it further up. If it still isn't enough then bend it so that it's @ 80 degrees instead of 90 degrees. Other wise you need to buy new parts so that there is less play.

#2325 2 years ago

Pretty solid 1st ball. Never played a game like that in my life!

20180313_214851 (resized).jpg

#2326 2 years ago

Sweet!!! Crazy score

#2327 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

8250 isn't very impressive

#2328 2 years ago

Was the glass on?

#2329 2 years ago

Someone's been hording a jackpot value.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

The ramp is otherwise in perfect condition, even the original decals are still perfect, so it's not getting dipped in anything. I'll live with the green.
I've been stripping the top of the playfield all week and noticed a couple odd things. One, several of the blue & red plastic posts were tightened down so much that the screw heads actually crushed down the tops of the posts. Two, several posts, mostly on the right side of the pf, had a washer underneath the screw, for no apparent reason at all. This is a very original machine and I don't think the rubbers have ever been changed or the game shopped, so likely this was done at the factory. Anyone else notice either of these on a Pinbot they've shopped?

I would use some blue RIT fabric dye. I have had good success with dying white drop targets red. I got the idea from Steve Young and it works I tell you!

pasted_image (resized).png

#2331 2 years ago

United States Space Robot (U.S.S.R.)

20180314_152509 (resized).jpg

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I like the looks of those 2 plastics on Pinbot, I wish they would have done the same thing on Jackbot.

#2333 2 years ago

Taking a picture and still on ball 1 impressive.....

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Hey - That must be the Space Force I've been hearing so much about these last few days!

#2335 2 years ago

This is why I wanted to be at TPF,.. for a Pinbot tragic,.. autographs by Barry Oursler !!

AAF323CD-B78A-474F-A457-501B86D72032 (resized).jpeg

F8AEA026-60F6-461B-91F1-4BB7ED3010F5 (resized).jpeg

7D9801B9-F97B-467E-AA20-D80F28AAACE1 (resized).jpeg

3C01949D-E87A-434B-97F5-7D2DC4E78B1F (resized).jpeg

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

If that score is 10,008,250. Then ya great ball! If that is 8,250 points, that is a lot like the 3 ball games on my Pin*Bot. 3 balls played, not even getting to use the left flipper.

#2337 2 years ago

Let's discuss bagatelle playfield differences: the one circled on the left in the pic below has mini-post rubbers on the two red plastic posts in the circle. The vast majority of Pinbots I've seen are set up like this. The example on the right is taken from Williams Pinbot flyer, and shows a rubber ring of maybe 1" - 1.25" between the same two posts. Aside from the flyer, I've seen this setup on maybe 2-3 other games, and on mine. Pretty sure it's factory correct on mine because the ball wear pattern on the plastic playfield shows no wear between those two posts.

You owners that have the two separate mini-post rubbers on yours, were your games always like this or did you change from the larger ring over to the mini-post rubbers at some point? Obviously the larger ring makes it more difficult to drop the ball back into the shooter lane, I'm wondering which setup was more widely used at the factory. I'm trying to decide whether to keep mine as I bought it, or switch to the two mini-rubbers. I can't tell the size of the large ring either, it's has an "ABC" logo on it, and the number 240, which is obviously a part number but I can't find a chart anywhere that has listing of ABC rubber part numbers. Anyone know how to decipher those ABS numbers?

pinbot (resized).jpg

#2338 2 years ago

jibmums, my Pinbot is set up like the left picture. The rings on the top are connected to the metal posts. Since the circled area are plastic posts, it looks correct to me to have the mini-post rubber. The picture on the rights looks like all the posts are metal? They are not red like the plastic ones.

#2339 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'm trying to decide whether to keep mine as I bought it, or switch to the two mini-rubbers.

When I received mine machine it had the larger rubber like the right pic. I would think with the smaller rubbers the odds of a shooter lane return is too high and you could just focus more on ramp - shooter lane - vortex shots for bigger score.

Be interesting to see how most are setup.

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from matt1999:

The picture on the rights looks like all the posts are metal?

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=319

Those might be the clear plastic ones and the usual metal mini posts. ??

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=319
Those might be the clear plastic ones and the usual metal mini posts. ??

Yeah, I think those are the posts in the flyer too. They have a thicker, tapered body like these. Haven't seen any metal posts that look like that, and you can see the thinner girth of a real metal post in the upper right corner.

Quoted from Impzilla:

When I received mine machine it had the larger rubber like the right pic. I would think with the smaller rubbers the odds of a shooter lane return is too high and you could just focus more on ramp - shooter lane - vortex shots for bigger score.
Be interesting to see how most are setup.

Did you keep the larger ring or convert to two mini-rubbers?

#2342 2 years ago

I set mine up the same as the right hand pic, and I believe I did that based on either pictures of how it was setup before I shopped it or swapped the playfield...and probably also on the ring chart supplied by Marco. Returns to the shooter lane are very rare, but they do happen from time to time.

Richard

#2343 2 years ago

My game has one ring around two posts. From least rare to most rare my balls go...

to the jet bumpers

to the inlane

to the shooter lane

directly to the playfield

0020 (resized).jpg

#2344 2 years ago

Put together the first Pinbot lift ramp assembly today. Will put it in the machine tomorrow morning for testing.

IMG_1340 (resized).JPG

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Put together the first Pinbot lift ramp assembly today. Will put it in the machine tomorrow morning for testing.

Nice,.. having recently just installed a replacement ramp with nice clear plastic and bright adv X decal,.. it freshens up the pin nicely,.. and you can really see the lighting inside,.. well worth what ever it takes to do

#2346 2 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Did you keep the larger ring or convert to two mini-rubbers?

I kept the one large ring.

#2347 2 years ago

Anyone know where to get a light cover for the topper?

#2348 2 years ago

I'm looking for the metal protector that goes over the left ramp lifting mechanism. Anyone know where I can get one of those?

#2349 2 years ago

Also in the in the 'does anyone know' category, does anyone have an alphanumeric display they'd be willing to sell? My top right one isn't working right, and I could sure use another one. Used is fine as long as it works.

#2350 2 years ago

ADV X (resized).jpg
Hi all! I was able to make a batch of ADV. "X" decals this week and just put together letters for all the paid orders which will be mailed out Monday. If you have PM'd me and requested a decal, I will have that amount of decals reserved for you, but will not mail until payment is received. Below is a list of current requests. Thanks to everyone who has been interested!
If you are interested in a decal, but have not contacted me, I still have several left from the batch I have weeded. PM me for more details.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mullica Hill, NJ
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.00
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 4390 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside