20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 122.
#2251 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Actually it's not that hard, took me about 3 hours and was really fun to make.

Looks awesome!

#2252 6 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Ok, I’ll research a little more…but you recommend clearing before detail work?

All I recommend is you follow up on the info I directed you to so that you can make an informed and comfortable decision.

Try this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club

#2253 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Thanks. I did not replace the sleeve. I'll do that.Should that give the spring a bit more power? The Vortex is already broken but I have a new one for when I swap the playfield. I don't want to bust that one.

It will help the shooter rod slide better.

#2254 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

That looks amazing!! Where did you get the parts for that? I’d like to replace that ramp too!

Actually hit a bit of luck on eBay, as they don't show up much if at all. His id is blazing_blazier and he's in the USA,.. seems to have old pinball parts now and then. This one is from a parted out Pinbot he said,.. but it was in very good condition so don't know,.. but I didn't much care when I got it.

#2255 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I’d probably do that, except when playing on your own it would a bit like a game of twister with the glass hence the plunge..

True!

#2256 6 years ago
Quoted from dontfeed:

All I recommend is you follow up on the info I directed you to so that you can make an informed and comfortable decision.
Try this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-spraymax-2k-auto-clear-in-a-can-club

+1

#2257 6 years ago

New to the club as I just got a Pinbot. Anyone have a good fix to the lifting pin setup that lifts the ramp, or know of anyone that makes or sells them? Mine had a broken pin so the arm works but no pin attached to raise/lower the clear ramp.....

#2258 6 years ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

New to the club as I just got a Pinbot. Anyone have a good fix to the lifting pin setup that lifts the ramp, or know of anyone that makes or sells them? Mine had a broken pin so the arm works but no pin attached to raise/lower the clear ramp.....

This part?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4268

#2260 6 years ago

I had noticed my visor 5 bank drop target was uneven and when I touched it, it wobbled quite a bit. I pulled the whole visor motor assembly and found the two black plastic pieces have been broken and glued back together several times. I've glued the whole thing back together with Locktite Professional Super Glue (which is amazing, by the way, and you should own some) for now, but have created some 3D models of the two pieces to recreate the unobtanium parts with a 3D printer. I'll let you all know how it turns out...

Visor 5 Drop Model (resized).JPGVisor 5 Drop Model (resized).JPG

2018-02-27 11.02.27 (resized).jpg2018-02-27 11.02.27 (resized).jpg

#2261 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I had noticed my visor 5 bank drop target was uneven

Mine rises on the right side first and pushes the rubber on the adjacent post up, I've given up putting the rubber back and haven't disassembled the mech to look into it yet. These parts may be the fix. I'll be curious to know how it works out for you. Is this a design that you would put on Shapeways for purchase?

#2262 6 years ago

Which parts are unobtainium? Might check with James see what he has in stock: https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=34_100

Richard

#2263 6 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Which parts are unobtainium? Might check with James see what he has in stock: https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=34_100
Richard

Interesting... well now that i've drawn them up i'd rather print them.

Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Is this a design that you would put on Shapeways for purchase?

Maybe. I will have to look into how it works... I'd like to be compensated on my drafting time and don't know how i feel about someone else making a profit on a model I created.

#2264 6 years ago

I also have this light baffle for the visor and mouth in the back box ready for printing. "Pinbot circuits activated!" I wanted to incorporate the eyes into pinball life's baffle:

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3928

Baffle Model (resized).JPGBaffle Model (resized).JPG

#2265 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I also have this light baffle for the visor and mouth in the back box ready for printing. "Pinbot circuits activated!" I wanted to incorporate the eyes into pinball life's baffle:

If you post this anywhere, please link to it. If I get access to a printer I would definitely send you a tip.

#2266 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Cool! If I need them when I start fixing my game up I’d like to buy a set possibly!

#2267 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I had noticed my visor 5 bank drop target was uneven and when I touched it, it wobbled quite a bit. I pulled the whole visor motor assembly and found the two black plastic pieces have been broken and glued back together several times. I've glued the whole thing back together with Locktite Professional Super Glue (which is amazing, by the way, and you should own some) for now, but have created some 3D models of the two pieces to recreate the unobtanium parts with a 3D printer. I'll let you all know how it turns out...

Is this the same assembly as in Jackbot?

#2268 6 years ago

Gogojohnnyquack

Wolfmarsh just posted one of the pieces to shapeways.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZBV2NZAFQ/pinbot-part

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is this the same assembly as in Jackbot?

I would imagine so, though I don't have a jackbot.

#2269 6 years ago

Hey All! Just finished putting in LEDs on my Pinbot. This was my first attempt at LED-ing a machine. I had alot of fun researching and working this out and am really pleased with the results. I'm not a fan of the washed out Blue/Red schemes. I tried adding a few Red/Blue GI's above the playfield and didn't like it, with the exception of 1 red and 1 blue under the slingshot plastics to make the thumbs pop.

This scheme assumes no flasher #89 and #1251 incandescent bulbs will be replaced, so no modifications to your machine are needed... just put in the LEDs and play!

Attached are the diagrams I created if you don't want to spend an extra $100 on a kit. The only thing I did differently was to add 3 purples under the left 3 bank drop target 41,42,43 inserts (to counter-balance the purple feme-bot in the backbox) and I went the cheap route without using non-ghosting bulbs. There is a faint flickering in the bayonet underplayfield bulbs, so I've updated my schedule accordingly. Regular wedge bulbs in the matrix worked just fine for me, so I didn't change those to non-ghosting.

Also, I want to call attention to the 2 red towers below the vortex ramp as they really make the thing glow! Additionally, the slow color change bulb in the back box between "Pin" and "Bot" works well with the color bleed into the red and blue.

Hope this helps people out there...

20180228_094040 (resized).jpg20180228_094040 (resized).jpg
BACKBOX LED (resized).jpgBACKBOX LED (resized).jpg
PLAYFIELD LED (resized).jpgPLAYFIELD LED (resized).jpg
LAMP SCHEDULE (resized).jpgLAMP SCHEDULE (resized).jpg

#2270 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Hey All! Just finished putting in LEDs on my Pinbot.

Nice diagrams,.. its a good pin for leds to brighten it up. I also went and did blue/red matrix post lights from Comet pinball to jazz up the playfield a bit more. Probably not to everyones taste but can post a pic if interested.

#2271 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Nice diagrams,.. its a good pin for leds to brighten it up. I also went and did blue/red matrix post lights from Comet pinball to jazz up the playfield a bit more. Probably not to everyones taste but can post a pic if interested.

I'd be interested in seeing. I'm currently a bit on the fence on whether to do this or not.

#2272 6 years ago

This had me doing a double-take. Some pharma ad during a TV show I was watching last night.

rps20180301_111903_451 (resized).jpgrps20180301_111903_451 (resized).jpg

#2273 6 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

If you post this anywhere, please link to it. If I get access to a printer I would definitely send you a tip.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Cool! If I need them when I start fixing my game up I’d like to buy a set possibly!

Here's a video of my LED installation. At the end you can see how my light baffle mockup works.

#2274 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Here's a video of my LED installation. At the end you can see how my light baffle mockup works.
» YouTube video

Is it just me, or is the vid messed up on YouTube? The video keeps pausing, but the audio and tracking keeps moving

#2275 6 years ago

Just finished a teardown. Replaced all plastics with new ones, replaced all the rubber and replaced posts with blue/red on the proper sides. It had all blue/red LEDs when I got it, but it was too much. Swapped out some of the colors with white bulbs and I feel it's much better now. It's not dark like it was and still keeps the blue/red theme with a nice balance.IMG_20180301_165256820 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165256820 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165308907 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165308907 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165246049 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165246049 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165231907 (resized).jpgIMG_20180301_165231907 (resized).jpg

#2276 6 years ago

Oh yeah, anyone-else have this dude inspect your Bot?

IMG_20180227_200359197 (resized).jpgIMG_20180227_200359197 (resized).jpg

#2277 6 years ago

Duplicate post. Please delete.

#2278 6 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

I'd be interested in seeing. I'm currently a bit on the fence on whether to do this or not.

Here are some pics of my PinBot with Comet Matrix post leds. The Blue is white leds, the Red is Red leds. I actually prefer the white for the posts,... as the Red is a bit bleached out. I have these on ALL the posts that are visible. Did White under Blue posts on BoP and that came out nicely as well. As I say, not something everyone will like, but it has jazzed up the Red/Blue theme somewhat. The mirror blades show you the theme across the playfield. iPhone doesn't take the best of pics unfortunately. The mod hasn't helped my game play ability one little bit though!!

IMG_0715 (resized).JPGIMG_0715 (resized).JPG

IMG_0719 (resized).JPGIMG_0719 (resized).JPG

IMG_0717 (resized).JPGIMG_0717 (resized).JPG

#2279 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Here are some pics of my PinBot with Comet Matrix post leds. The Blue is white leds, the Red is Red leds. I actually prefer the white for the posts,... as the Red is a bit bleached out. I have these on ALL the posts that are visible. Did White under Blue posts on BoP and that came out nicely as well. As I say, not something everyone will like, but it has jazzed up the Red/Blue theme somewhat. The mirror blades show you the theme across the playfield. iPhone doesn't take the best of pics unfortunately. The mod hasn't helped my game play ability one little bit though!!

Are those from that German company, I forgot their name. I like those cuz they fit inside the post so they don't raise the post.

#2280 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are those from that German company, I forgot their name. I like those cuz they fit inside the post so they don't raise the post.

Comet are in the US, http://www.cometpinball.com/4-SMD-6-3V-LIGHTED-POST-LIGHT-p/mtxpost.htm

#2281 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is it just me, or is the vid messed up on YouTube? The video keeps pausing, but the audio and tracking keeps moving

Not just you. It worked when first uploaded, but seems to have gone corrupt. I re-uploaded the link above.

#2282 6 years ago

I know Comet sells the ones that the post sit on top of them, I don't care for those but the price is waaaay better.

#2283 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

The mirror blades show you the theme across the playfield.

Ooh! Where did you get the mirror blades or how did you make them?

#2284 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Man I really like that look. I’m a little confused though, are those leds mounted beneath the Star post somehow? Or behind or is there a different post you ordered? Can you derail your setup for us?

#2285 6 years ago

Regards the Comet matrix set up for the posts, there is a very thin round led mount under each post. The #44 comes either empty, or you can get a white led on a stalk, ..with a matrix connector. You need a mix of both because there is a tab that sticks out, so in tight spots the empty one allows the tab to sit over it a bit. Follow that link I posted,.. Comet has a video that shows you how it all works. You will need a #44 mount with connector, then a 2 or 3 way splitter, then the led mount. It is all daisy chain. The system does led strips as well, so you can light up other areas like crazy.

Quoted from paynemic:

Can you derail your setup for us?

I’ll see what I can do. I’m getting ready to head off for TPF soon, so a bit pressed for time. Brisbane to Dallas is a long way to go. I will be wearing my black Pinbot tee shirt.

#2286 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

I bought them on eBay, from a guy in Brisbane (20 minutes from me),.. he runs a bike shop but does it on the side. While he does courier them,. being in the States it would be cost prohibitive.
Maybe try these guys, price is similar...
http://www.pinballdecals.com/MirrorBladesPage.html
Bally/Williams cab shape. Mind you, I had to cut a notch in each blade, where the playfield is mounted on the cab. Ugly. But that is below deck, out of sight.If there is a way to avoid the need to cut the notch, I couldn’t work it out.

#2287 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

pinballsidemirrors.com has them for $79.95 but I don't think they are the thin ones.

#2288 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Man I really like that look. I’m a little confused though, are those leds mounted beneath the Star post somehow? Or behind or is there a different post you ordered? Can you derail your setup for us?

See pics,.. I managed to pull the plastics off the sling below the 3 bank drop target. The mount is about 1 mm thick and goes under the post - in old money that's,.. um,.. very thin. The tab sticks out where the wires go to connect to a 2 or 3 way splitter (a matrix component), which connects to the #44 matrix connector. In the pics I have a blue led to the left, 3 white matrix posts leds under 3 blue posts, a 3 way matrix splitter, the a matrix #44 base with a bendy white led attached. The pic with the lights on
On the other closeup pic is the sling by the drain. The matrix #44 is just the base with matrix connector. This allows the tab to sit over the base 50%,.. so the tab doesn't stick out on the playfield.
Last pics show the light show you get,. subject to wash out due to the iPhone not taking great pics with glaring leds. The post lights go on and off with the light the GI lamp would switch. Hope that gives you an idea of the set up.

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg

image4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpeg

image5 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpeg

image7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpeg

#2289 6 years ago

goingincirclez was this your Pinbot at the louisville arcade expo? Looks nice!

IMG950132 (resized).jpgIMG950132 (resized).jpg

#2290 6 years ago

Can anyone tell me which size bulbs go behind the visor? 2 spots under the blue ramp.... they are 89 or 1257 but not sure, as it doesn't seem to be shown in the manual. Thank you for any help.

20180307_160630 (resized).jpg20180307_160630 (resized).jpg

#2291 6 years ago

They are 1251 bulbs. These are 28 volt bulbs.

#2292 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

They are 1251 bulbs. These are 28 volt bulbs.

Thank you. I thought so but didn't want to waste a pair 89's to find out.

#2293 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-visor-keeps-going-up-and-down#post-4266630

putting a link to my other post to see if any pinbot enthusiasts have any assistance for me fixing a visor issue in the machine I just purchased. Cant wait to get this game going properly and play it some

thanks!

#2294 6 years ago

I'm cleaning up my blue ramp and it's discolored in spots to a greenish-blue, likely from exposure to sunlight because it's on the same right-hand side of everything. Polishing isn't removing it so I'm guessing that nothing's going to bring it back to the proper blue, unless there's something one of you other Pinbot owners knows that I don't.........?

#2295 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I'm cleaning up my blue ramp and it's discolored in spots to a greenish-blue, likely from exposure to sunlight because it's on the same right-hand side of everything. Polishing isn't removing it so I'm guessing that nothing's going to bring it back to the proper blue, unless there's something one of you other Pinbot owners knows that I don't.........?

Yeah...New ones coming!

#2296 6 years ago

So I was watching a few videos tonight on pinbot and heard some sounds/music and programming that I don't think I've ever heard from my game. I checked and I am only running cpu version 3. I saw there is a 5. Is there a significant difference with the newer version. Just wondering if that's my problem and I need to get the new rom.

#2297 6 years ago

Hey all! Thought this might be of interest to some... that big blue plastic in the back corner that is always broken is being re manufactured by Planetary Pinball for JackBot. Based on the scan I have for pinbot, it looks like it will work, but may need some modification. Also as the back area is clear, it will probably brighten up the ramp and that dark corner. In looking at my game, I don't think missing the rest of the blue is going to matter. Anyways, for $12 I'm willing to be the guinea pig.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2313-4

Big Blue Full Scan (resized).jpgBig Blue Full Scan (resized).jpg

Planetary Jackbot replacement (resized).jpgPlanetary Jackbot replacement (resized).jpg

#2298 6 years ago

Also, I have an autocad drawing I did from the scan I have (still need to match the colors and confirm size with machine). I was going to remake this piece, but may scrap the project if this works.

EDIT: Just realized i forgot to include the clear part under the ramp.

Big Blue Remake (resized).JPGBig Blue Remake (resized).JPG

#2299 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

It may be possible to clean it up with retro bright. I've heard people have had great results with the plastics for old computer cases. Worth trying on an old broken ramp first to see if it really works.

#2300 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Hey all! Thought this might be of interest to some... that big blue plastic in the back corner that is always broken is being re manufactured by Planetary Pinball for JackBot. Based on the scan I have for pinbot, it looks like it will work, but may need some modification. Also as the back area is clear, it will probably brighten up the ramp and that dark corner. In looking at my game, I don't think missing the rest of the blue is going to matter. Anyways, for $12 I'm willing to be the guinea pig.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2313-4

They have had that plastic and the complete set for Jackbot available for about 2 months now. I have both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/46?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.