20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 122.
#1951 6 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Wondering if anybody has ever upgraded Pinbot's speakers and if it made a real difference?

It won't in most cases. But a subwoofer is awesome in this game.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Where can a fella get replacement decals?

Unless you stumble upon a rarity you'll have to make them yourself.

#1953 6 years ago

Where can a fella get replacement decals?

I'm working with a company to make new decals. I haven't seen them yet though. If they workout I could order a few sets.

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

I'm working with a company to make new decals. I haven't seen them yet though. If they workout I could order a few sets.

That would be fantastic! Freeplay40 plans on doing a run of replacement ramps in near future...his latest batch of space station in blue pteg are STUNNING! Would look great on Pinbot and drive demand for stickers

#1955 6 years ago

That would be fantastic! Freeplay40 plans on doing a run of replacement ramps in near future...his latest batch of space station in blue pteg are STUNNING! Would look great on Pinbot and drive demand for stickers

New ramp would be sweet!

#1956 6 years ago

I recently ordered a new face plastic from MAD Amusements: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1971

I'm happy with the quality of it. Of course, it is MAD Amusements, so read up on their lack of international customer service (I ordered from EBay and didn't realize it was MAD).

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I recently ordered a new face plastic from MAD Amusements: http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1971
I'm happy with the quality of it. Of course, it is MAD Amusements, so read up on their lack of international customer service (I ordered from EBay and didn't realize it was MAD).

Ehhhhh I would order from mad amusements within the US without any worry. I have never had a problem with him. I hear bad things about the international shipping and customer service but I and several others I know have had great success ordering from mad

#1958 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

Ehhhhh I would order from mad amusements within the US without any worry. I have never had a problem with him. I hear bad things about the international shipping and customer service but I and several others I know have had great success ordering from mad

That may be true, but the question is, should one support a business that treats some customers so badly? I've ordered from MAD a handful of times, and I've never had a problem, but I'm not so sure I would want to give them any more business after reading about all the nightmares some people have had with them.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That may be true, but the question is, should one support a business that treats some customers so badly? I've ordered from MAD a handful of times, and I've never had a problem, but I'm not so sure I would want to give them any more business after reading about all the nightmares some people have had with them.

My thoughts exactly. I actually ordered it from EBay, not realizing it was from MAD. This was a plastic for which I've been looking for a while, and when I saw it on EBay, I bought it. I didn't realize it was from MAD until it arrived. High quality and well done piece, but wanted people to know it was from MAD.

#1960 6 years ago

Does anyone have some spare 1251 LED flashers they’re able to sell/ship. I’m after 4 total. Cointaker has them, but shipping is $30 USD, pretty steep for a few blinks lights. Fire me a pm if you can help. Thanks guys

#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Does anyone have some spare 1251 LED flashers they’re able to sell/ship. I’m after 4 total. Cointaker has them, but shipping is $30 USD, pretty steep for a few blinks lights. Fire me a pm if you can help. Thanks guys

Your best bet for those with cheap/free shipping are EBay and AliExpress. You can easily find both 12V and 24V on those sites. However, do not use 12V in 24V circuits -- they will melt (personal experience.)

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Your best bet for those with cheap/free shipping are EBay and AliExpress. You can easily find both 12V and 24V on those sites. However, do not use 12V in 24V circuits -- they will melt (personal experience.)

Yup.. I made that mistake.. 1251 are a must

#1964 6 years ago

I think these are a good choice for the 1251.

https://cointaker.com/products/1251

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I think these are a good choice for the 1251.
https://cointaker.com/products/1251

While I agree with you. He is trying to avoid paying the $30 intl shipping rate from cointaker

#1966 6 years ago

Thanks for the options guys!!!

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Thanks for the options guys!!!

You can add a resistor in series with the bulb and then run a #89 led if you have some of that type.

#1968 6 years ago

I've been running 24V that I purchased from AliExpress for well over a year with no problem. Cheap, easy, and almost plug and play. You need to cut the warming resistors to get the flasher to turn off.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

You can add a resistor in series with the bulb and then run a #89 led if you have some of that type.

I thought of this too, what size resistor?
V=IR
Math...

#1970 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

what size resistor?

Williams did the math for you already. Look at the large resistor on your resistor board in the backbox.

#1971 6 years ago

After buying a visor decal for my restoration from a known pinball parts vender and it arriving no where close (wrong colors, wrong shade of blue) to the original decal. I paid a local graphics shop to create one for me. Their minimum was 12 I’m going to keep 2 and will sell the remaining 10 if some other pinbot owner’s are interested let me know and I’ll get a list going.
$15 PayPal shipped USPS with tracking. PM me if you would like one?

8D3CE1C1-EBA2-4BC5-BD02-D6F1D5141FD2 (resized).jpeg8D3CE1C1-EBA2-4BC5-BD02-D6F1D5141FD2 (resized).jpeg

970F7A50-53E9-44A4-A864-0A2A43DCD376 (resized).jpeg970F7A50-53E9-44A4-A864-0A2A43DCD376 (resized).jpeg

#1972 6 years ago

Looks very nice

#1973 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Looks very nice

Thanks 9 left

#1974 6 years ago

I just got all the decals made but need to adjust some colors and sizes. Not to bad for the first run though.

IMG_3208 (resized).JPGIMG_3208 (resized).JPG

IMG_3217 (resized).JPGIMG_3217 (resized).JPG

IMG_3200 (resized).JPGIMG_3200 (resized).JPG

IMG_3207 (resized).JPGIMG_3207 (resized).JPG

#1975 6 years ago

Looks like Jackbot?

#1976 6 years ago

Visor decal’s will ship tomorrow morning and I’ve PMd all the buyers their individual tracking numbers.
I still have a few decal’s left if you’re wanting to freshen up your Pinbot’s visor. Buy one here before I list them on eBay
Here is my visor with it’s original decal to compare the new ones against

Thanks

14778C2A-7A86-4B2B-897A-5A991ADD7E97 (resized).jpeg14778C2A-7A86-4B2B-897A-5A991ADD7E97 (resized).jpeg

#1977 6 years ago

Update on the visor decals. I have 3 left available to sell.
Thanks again for all the interest

#1978 6 years ago
Quoted from waruaki:

Update on the visor decals. I have 3 left available to sell.
Thanks again for all the interest

Got mine in today. Packed great, looks fantastic and went on easy.

Thanks for getting these made and sharing.

If the larger T shaped head decal becomes available - let me know, I would be in for one.

VisorDecal (resized).jpgVisorDecal (resized).jpg

#1979 6 years ago

Looks sharp and thanks for the feedback!

#1980 6 years ago

Got my visor decal in the mail today - really nice packing job, Waruski. I appreciated that.

I won't be busting mine out anytime soon, as I have a major load of restoration work ahead of me. The other item that arrived today was a replacement playfield - not a CPR, alas, but a very good restoration candidate. Has mylar over the great majority of the art, so there is only minimal paint damage, and that is in areas that aren't highly visible. Only inserts that have moved are on the 2-5x multiplier inserts; those shouldn't be too bad to reseat. I'm psyched; I picked up new plastics and new mini playfield over a year ago but realized my existing playfield was just gonna be too much work to restore.

Will document the process once it gets underway...

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Got my visor decal in the mail today - really nice packing job, Waruski. I appreciated that.

Glad to hear you’re pleased and good luck with your restoration.

#1982 6 years ago

Balls keep getting trapped under the ramp. Should the ball search lift the ramp to release balls that get trapped under it???

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Balls keep getting trapped under the ramp. Should the ball search lift the ramp to release balls that get trapped under it???

I wonder if your ramp isn't going down when it should be. Perhaps it has a binding release catch?

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I wonder if your ramp isn't going down when it should be. Perhaps it has a binding release catch?

Hmmm, it seems to happen fairly frequently that the ramp drops as the ball is rolling in or out of it. Then the ball is trapped under the ramp entry flap. I did have problems in the past where the ramp would not open so I adjust the arm mechanism that attaches the ramp lift to the coil. MAybe I will take a better look at that assembly.

#1985 6 years ago

Joined the club today! Pretty happy with the game. Can't wait to get some time on this one.

20180111_200941 (resized).jpg20180111_200941 (resized).jpg

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Balls keep getting trapped under the ramp.

On mine, the ramp only goes down after the ball hits a switch anywhere else on the playfield (guaranteeing the ball is out). Not as soon a energy value expires.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

On mine, the ramp only goes down after the ball hits a switch anywhere else on the playfield (guaranteeing the ball is out). Not as soon a energy value expires.

Mine too. I wonder if wizard_mode has a sticking pf switch? or perhaps it is a software version issue?

#1988 6 years ago

hmmm i will need to investigate. i think the ball goes up without hitting the switch and the ramp comes down after timer expires. but i will try to recreate with glass off...

#1989 6 years ago

Hey All,
I'm a proud new member of the club. Picked up my pinbot a week ago. Unfortunately, I screwed up big time. I had to unhook the head to bring it downstairs. When I hooked up the wires I connected two incorrectly. I have started a thread in the tech-alphanumeric section. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-goes-pop-and-lose-all-but-gi#post-4174914

Chris K

#1990 6 years ago

I joined the club last week! I have read all 40 pages of this thread... whew. What an awesome resource! I remember playing this game when i was 10 and just getting destroyed drain after drain. Since then its only been via Wii and TPA.

Its my third machine and the youngest in my collection (first was 1975 "300" second was 1978 Mata Hari). I feel like i am traveling through time of pinball history in sequential order!

The machine is dirty as hell, but is in great shape. Player 1, 2, 4 displays were out and once i got it home noticed the "big blue" top left plastic was badly reproduced. Vortex and playfield look good. New rubbers have already arrived from PBR and Pinscore LED display is on order.

I want to mod for LED and continued a thread here document the process:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-led-advice

20180109_214927 (resized).jpg20180109_214927 (resized).jpg

#1992 6 years ago

Are there red lamps in place of the 1251s? This is kinda cool.

openhead_pfield (resized).jpgopenhead_pfield (resized).jpg

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Are there red lamps in place of the 1251s? This is kinda cool.

They look normal incandescent to me. Red is probably from the translucent ball lock "saucer"

#1995 6 years ago

Now here's some dedication to the game

DJyod9IX0AAlH3L (resized).jpegDJyod9IX0AAlH3L (resized).jpeg

#1996 6 years ago

I can confirm that once the ramp goes up and the timer expires, nothing happens until a switch closes and then the ramp goes down... If there is a stuck switch - that would explain why the ramp is coming back down prematurely. I feel like Pin*Bot has a ball search function too - which would also fail to kick in if a switch was stuck closed.

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from chaskett:

Now here's some dedication to the game

And I thought I was fan of the game. No doubt you are dedicated!

#1998 6 years ago

Any source for this decal?
The tax sticker is not coming off without damage.

Thanks.

HelmetPic (resized).jpgHelmetPic (resized).jpg

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Any source for this decal?
The tax sticker is not coming off without damage.
Thanks.

Is the tax sticker paper? If it is let it soak in water till it softens.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is the tax sticker paper? If it is let it soak in water till it softens.

I wish it was paper, its actually several years worth of plastic stickers stacked on top of each other.
The bottom one has a 1987 date and it is practically melted to the original decal.

I do not see these coming off without damage.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.