20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 122.
#1851 6 years ago

Might as well. I'm done with my Pinbot restoration.

Restoration thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-restoration-underway

Final update:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-restoration-underway/page/4#post-4005594

IMG_6583 (resized).JPGIMG_6583 (resized).JPG

#1852 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

That plastic came with CPR plastic set. What is it for?

It goes on the mini playfield, near the bottom.

#1853 6 years ago

Looks awesome Plumonium

What did you do to make your ramp glow like that?

(And yes, the plastic you asked about is for the mini playfield, left bottom if I recall correctly.)

#1855 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

It goes on the mini playfield, near the bottom.

Oh I see.... how could I miss it.

Quoted from pinheadpierre:

What did you do to make your ramp glow like that?

12v Led strips. It makes a world of difference and makes the back of the game pop imho.

#1856 6 years ago

I like how you made the ramp glow. I think I want to do that too

#1857 6 years ago

I placed an order for LED strips already going to try two strips in the ramp continue the red blue theme.

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

That plastic came with CPR plastic set. What is it for?

Lower left corner of upper playfield:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1859 6 years ago

I'm back in the club!!

A house just wasn't a home without a Pinbot. This game drove me just crazy when I owned it before, but that's largely because at the time, I was craving a different type of game. I wanted ramps and modes and multiball insanity. Now that I can scratch that itch with other games, I have room in my heart to bring Pinbot back in.

Pinbot rules!!

#1860 6 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I'm back in the club!!
A house just wasn't a home without a Pinbot. This game drove me just crazy when I owned it before, but that's largely because at the time, I was craving a different type of game. I wanted ramps and modes and multiball insanity. Now that I can scratch that itch with other games, I have room in my heart to bring Pinbot back in.
Pinbot rules!!

Nice Ryan! Welcome back. Still have your original. Only one other game has been in my collection longer.

#1861 6 years ago

That game's gonna be chained to your collection forever Pinbot's got serious staying power! Even if the game isn't the deepest or doesn't require much strategy, the thrill of collecting the Solar Jackpot is more than justification for it taking up a slot. It's all about the production value: the music, the lights, the choreography.

No game does "theater" better than Pinbot.

#1862 6 years ago

If you install the updated ROMs (and have the game generally set to evil) there's another strategy - Standard/Solar Value as normal or ramp all day to get the vortex skill shot(s) and multiplier up. That second strategy has saved my ass in more than one or two competitive rounds (especially if the one shot visor drop is missed/after first MB)

#1863 6 years ago

Who is doing the updated Roms, are they socketed or do you need to get them soldered in like nvram?

#1864 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Who is doing the updated Roms, are they socketed or do you need to get them soldered in like nvram?

Anyone with a rom burner and roms can make them. They are socketed.

#1865 6 years ago

Anyone in the thread have the roms for sale or a recommendation?

#1866 6 years ago

If you aren't in a hurry, I could burn a set. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a large quantity of EPROMS. I took mine out, removed the label, UV cleared, and burned my set without issue anddon't have any 128s laying around right now.

#1867 6 years ago

No hurry at all, just let me know when and how much.

#1868 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You can also ask Dave Astill Astill in Ontario. From Canada, cheap rates and super quick.

#1869 6 years ago
Quoted from statictrance:

If you aren't in a hurry, I could burn a set. I've been looking for an excuse to buy a large quantity of EPROMS. I took mine out, removed the label, UV cleared, and burned my set without issue anddon't have any 128s laying around right now.

Please PM me when you have a set ready. thanks

#1870 6 years ago

What rom version are you using? How does it differ from stock?

#1871 6 years ago

That shot that hits the 3 drop targets is very satisfying indeed. Hitting 2 drops, then the ball continues up, bounces off the post, rolls down to strike the lower, still standing target, is a fun shot to make.

#1872 6 years ago

Finally got to the Sun yesterday! Ended up earning 6 credits, lol.

#1873 6 years ago

I posted on the forum before but thought I would make my ownership official and ask to join the club.

I picked up my Pinbot this spring for $400 and a 4 hour drive,(definitely well worth it). Unfortunately the Playfield has been re-painted poorly and beyond my abililities to correct.
The cabinet has normal wear for its age but mechanically very sound with everything under the playfield working properly. It had light corrosion on the CPU main board and was causing intermittent problems during game play. I sent the board to Chris Hibler to be serviced, the corrosion addressed and a VRAM installed. The player 4 display was nearly gassed out and I acquired a replacement from Big Daddy's and un-soldered and re-soldered the new one in. I also had a bad trace on the master display board that was causing the d segments to not light up on both the 3rd and 4th player displays but was able to fix that myself.
In the meantime I heard there was a gold CPR playfield stashed away but available on Goggle groups. I had this confirmed by another Pinsider who was nice enough to give me the seller’s name. I purchased the playfield from him as well as a set of CPR replacement plastics from Larry at Starship Fantasy.
My visor is badly damaged and partially melted but I was lucky enough to score a replacement off a parted out Jackpot and now only need the correct decal for it.
Funny thing, I seriously thought about selling this game over the summer because I picked up several more projects and my shop is full. I even offered it to another pinsider but the Pinbot is just to cool and I don’t know when I’ll have another opportunity to do this game again.

I’d like to give a shout out to Vid for his rotisserie plans. This is the second pinball playfield I’ve used it on and they work great.
Lastly to cosmokramer and Plumonium for their well documented Pinbot restorations that have helped me out all ready.

Here we go, T-nuts installed…

012fb3f563074c910ff5dd799327783f99dba17472_00001 (resized).jpg012fb3f563074c910ff5dd799327783f99dba17472_00001 (resized).jpg
019a0992225353db812adc64357cf1f842751f5461 (resized).jpg019a0992225353db812adc64357cf1f842751f5461 (resized).jpg
012a8dca0a2aec5dd4d65a6d999ddae87ea4bf05cc (resized).jpg012a8dca0a2aec5dd4d65a6d999ddae87ea4bf05cc (resized).jpg
0160720a0d0db3916812eb15cafc7c586b668fe69c (resized).jpg0160720a0d0db3916812eb15cafc7c586b668fe69c (resized).jpg
01f5ae260e637c65103acaaeed39ae67c73eff3da1_00001 (resized).jpg01f5ae260e637c65103acaaeed39ae67c73eff3da1_00001 (resized).jpg

#1874 6 years ago

Nice one! Pretty playfield! I know Stu was asking an arm and leg for his remaining 2 Gold. At least you had a good deal on the original game.

Enjoy your game!

#1875 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Nice one! Pretty playfield! I know Stu was asking an arm and leg for his remaining 2 Gold. At least you had a good deal on the original game.
Enjoy your game!

Thanks. I don't mind throwing a little money at these games but the numbers have to be there when you're going this deep at least for me anyways.

Thoroughly enjoyed your restoration and hope to emulate it.

#1876 6 years ago

FYI - I put my order request in for blank ROMs today... I'll ping people once I receive them. Thx.

#1877 6 years ago

Hey guys. I'm picking up a pinbot today and looking forward to fixing it up. Does anyone have a link to a thread or website where someone documented repairing the grid area with a decal? I've searched and searched and can't find anything. I've read vids guide for water slide decals but I'm trying to determine whether I need to clear the playfield before applying the decal. Thanks

#1878 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Hey guys. I'm picking up a pinbot today and looking forward to fixing it up. Does anyone have a link to a thread or website where someone documented repairing the grid area with a decal? I've searched and searched and can't find anything. I've read vids guide for water slide decals but I'm trying to determine whether I need to clear the playfield before applying the decal. Thanks

If you need the decal itself, I have one for sale.

#1879 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

I put that decal on using the wet method. Went on perfectly. Just research the wet method for decals. I used soapy water and not windex. I didn’t clear coat

B15AFAE6-FE93-4C52-9E71-30A8CE3D7165 (resized).jpegB15AFAE6-FE93-4C52-9E71-30A8CE3D7165 (resized).jpeg

#1880 6 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I put that decal on using the wet method. Went on perfectly. Just research the wet method for decals. I used soapy water and not windex. I didn’t clear coat

Yup, don’t use glass cleaner, you’ll be sorry you did

#1881 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Personally I think that sun insert looks kinda cool like that. Sunspots!

Yeah I thin I agree! Thanks

#1882 6 years ago

Haven't been back on here for a while but have been talking about how I needed to. So I have been collecting parts.. rubber kit, posts metal and stars.. and the Mac daddy of them all.. brace yourselves.. after weeks of emailing every company I could find from all sorts of countries.. even using translators to communicate.. Larry from starship fantasy.. dug and found he had 1 full CPR plastic set! Yes.. I about had a heart attack!

I think I will take it and make vector artwork from them. I think I will try and make a duplicate plastic set for practice, I have done extensive research and have waterside decal paper coming and an HP flatbed scanner otw plus I have a 24"x24" sheet of lexan poly-carbonate sheeting. I doubt I'll ever see a new full plastic set again for sale.

Next on my list is a cpr back glass, then led's and legs.

Having any issue my friend was helping me with today with the right side GI's not working. Blowing a fuse so I know it is shorted somewhere. Going to bring my meter home tomorrow and trace it out. Also I have music and sounds but no voice. Kind of hums I spots where he normally speaks. Maybe board issues?

20171021_164459 (resized).jpg20171021_164459 (resized).jpg

#1883 6 years ago
Quoted from Knine:

Haven't been back on here for a while but have been talking about how I needed to. So I have been collecting parts.. rubber kit, posts metal and stars.. and the Mac daddy of them all.. brace yourselves.. after weeks of emailing every company I could find from all sorts of countries.. even using translators to communicate.. Larry from starship fantasy.. dug and found he had 1 full CPR plastic set! Yes.. I about had a heart attack!
I think I will take it and make vector artwork from them. I think I will try and make a duplicate plastic set for practice, I have done extensive research and have waterside decal paper coming and an HP flatbed scanner otw plus I have a 24"x24" sheet of lexan poly-carbonate sheeting. I doubt I'll ever see a new full plastic set again for sale.
Next on my list is a cpr back glass, then led's and legs.
Having any issue my friend was helping me with today with the right side GI's not working. Blowing a fuse so I know it is shorted somewhere. Going to bring my meter home tomorrow and trace it out. Also I have music and sounds but no voice. Kind of hums I spots where he normally speaks. Maybe board issues?

You may want to contact Pinsider Outsidedge before you start on that plastic set, he just reproduced plastic sets for Jackbot so he might have plans of doing Pinbot.

#1884 6 years ago

Selling my playfield. a bit of wear here and there, you can see close ups in pics. Main area of PF is in great shape. Completely removed mylar, please PM or ask for any more details or pics, looking for $300 obo, + shipping.
I also have some more plastics still and a few other parts. I have sold tons to pinbot thread members, please ask around if want any reassurance.
IMG_0783 (resized).JPGIMG_0783 (resized).JPG
IMG_0781 (resized).JPGIMG_0781 (resized).JPG
IMG_0782 (resized).JPGIMG_0782 (resized).JPG
IMG_0784 (resized).JPGIMG_0784 (resized).JPG
IMG_0788 (resized).JPGIMG_0788 (resized).JPG

Added over 6 years ago: PF is SOLD to a Pinsider, THX!!!!

#1885 6 years ago

That playfield is not bad.

#1886 6 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Oh I see.... how could I miss it.

12v Led strips. It makes a world of difference and makes the back of the game pop imho.

Man you did a fantastic job! Makes me even more anxious to get mine started.

#1887 6 years ago

Thanks! Pinbot is such a great game. I'm enjoying it more than ever.

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Selling my playfield. a bit of wear here and there, you can see close ups in pics. Main area of PF is in great shape. Completely removed mylar, please PM or ask for any more details or pics, looking for $300 obo, + shipping.
I also have some more plastics still and a few other parts. I have sold tons to pinbot thread members, please ask around if want any reassurance.

Pm sent!!!

#1889 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

FYI - for the above and anyone else that needs them - I got my ROM order in. Message me if you need a set of the resetting solar value ROMs.

#1890 6 years ago

Have these plastics left. Anyone want a shot on a “bundle” ? PM me

3AE12D57-A1E8-4720-871A-90F86DAB3653 (resized).jpeg3AE12D57-A1E8-4720-871A-90F86DAB3653 (resized).jpeg

#1891 6 years ago

Does anybody have the artwork for the decals? If so I could get them scanned and printed.

GS-PB98L (resized).jpgGS-PB98L (resized).jpg

#1892 6 years ago

If you get those printed PM me plz, would like to get a set.
Thx.

#1893 6 years ago

FYI - for the above and anyone else that needs them - I got my ROM order in. Message me if you need a set of the resetting solar value ROMs.

Just got my custom roms and installed them today. I love finally being rid of the carry over solar value! Now high scores are not so random. If you don't have these installed, I highly recommend getting yourself a pair.

#1894 6 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Just got my custom roms and installed them today. I love finally being rid of the carry over solar value! Now high scores are not so random. If you don't have these installed, I highly recommend getting yourself a pair.

Awesome - I'm glad you like them. I was first turned on to the version playing it at PAPA - they have the same set installed to keep it even for tournament play. Once I got my PinBot earlier this year, I knew I had to get a set and started doing the research. It really keeps the scores even and opens up strategy... Planets early on for the carry over, ramps for multipliers then hope for vortex or inlane to outhole... Especially if you have quicker games because your machine is set for tournament/pure evil (outlanes open, max incline, and rubbers off the inlane posts)

1 week later
#1895 6 years ago

For those who like their flipper buttons lit up really well, I just installed the new BriteButtons kit from Pinball Life for System 11 games. These just came out today. They include an easy to install plug & play 12 volt power tap. So there's absolutely no cutting wires or soldering. They just run a wire from the back box to the base cabinet and screw in with a set of included new, clear flipper buttons. I have them shown here on my Pinbot in red. Also shown, my Swords of Fury with a gold-yellow color. The kit has a wired control that lets you set the buttons to blink or flicker like a candle, if desired. (these also connect to System 9 games like Space Shuttle)

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4801

Photo Oct 04, 4 07 17 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 04, 4 07 17 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Nov 15, 9 02 31 PM (resized).pngPhoto Nov 15, 9 02 31 PM (resized).png

Photo Oct 04, 4 47 48 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 04, 4 47 48 PM (resized).jpg

Photo Oct 04, 4 38 53 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Oct 04, 4 38 53 PM (resized).jpg

#1896 6 years ago

I wounder if they do a red/ blue combo for Pinbot? If they do I might have to get this!!

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I wounder if they do a red/ blue combo for Pinbot? If they do I might have to get this!!

That's an excellent idea! If they don't make one, they should.

#1898 6 years ago

I recently replaced a few lamp sockets mainly the extra ball sockets and the planet sockets. All done correctly...diodes on correctly, etc. Now during the game several of the planet inserts flash or are lightly dim when they shouldn't be on. Any ideas? thnx John

#1899 6 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I will go in on a red and blue set with you...

#1900 6 years ago
Quoted from PapaJohn:

I recently replaced a few lamp sockets mainly the extra ball sockets and the planet sockets. All done correctly...diodes on correctly, etc. Now during the game several of the planet inserts flash or are lightly dim when they shouldn't be on. Any ideas? thnx John

Check the diodes again - I had a similar problem once I got mine home and it was a diode that was correctly installed but shorted out against another diode causing the strobing. Look at the matrix for the lights in common to know the handful to check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.