20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 122.
#1401 7 years ago

Thoughts on mirror blades?

#1402 7 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Thoughts on mirror blades?

I think about them all the time, and wish I could find the material without having to go to some pinball specific vendor where it is marked up 1000 percent.

There used to be some good options on Amazon, but the long stock they used to carry doesn't seem to be available anymore. I'd love do have another lead on where to get it.

#1403 7 years ago

I need some help. I have a pinbot pinball machine and love it. Although, the scoring displays are not working at all. I have checked the connections and all seem to be good. What else can I check to see what the problem is?

#1404 7 years ago
Quoted from Spindly22:

What else can I check to see what the problem is?

Check the fuse on the power supply first. Then with an DMM check for the +100 volts and the -100 volts at the power supply.

#1405 7 years ago

I have some concepts for replacement speaker panels. These are mods, made of stainless steel to match the other game trim, to cover the plain black fabric panel of with a higher-end look more akin to the rest of System 11.

Nothing available yet, since I'm seeking opinion on the concepts themselves first. The challenge for PinBot was to integrate it into the art, as opposed to something redundant. Check them out in the thread linked below. Your feedback would be appreciated...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-stainless-steel-speaker-panel-concepts-interest#post-3583022

#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I have some concepts for replacement speaker panels. These are mods, made of stainless steel to match the other game trim, to cover the plain black fabric panel of with a higher-end look more akin to the rest of System 11.
Nothing available yet, since I'm seeking opinion on the concepts themselves first. The challenge for PinBot was to integrate it into the art, as opposed to something redundant. Check them out in the thread linked below. Your feedback would be appreciated...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-stainless-steel-speaker-panel-concepts-interest#post-3583022

All very cool dude.. I'd love to dress up my pinbot...

#1407 7 years ago

I am in search of a playfield if anyone has a lead on one I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks

#1408 7 years ago

#2 is the strongest design IMHO, but the cost is more than I would entertain for a speaker panel cover. Not much to be done about that given material costs though. Nice work.

#1409 7 years ago

I like the first and second ones.

#1410 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

#2 is the strongest design IMHO, but the cost is more than I would entertain for a speaker panel cover. Not much to be done about that given material costs though. Nice work.

I second that opinion.

#1411 7 years ago

Yes that price was way higher than I expected last time, then shipping was another ~$25 per (I included shipping in that $140). Back then I used a distant and pricey (didn't realize *that* pricey) but known and trusted shop to do the work. This time I will shop around closer to home... And hopefully get a better quote!

#1412 7 years ago

Yes that price was way higher than I expected last time, then shipping was another ~$25 per (I included shipping in that $140). Back then I used a distant and pricey (didn't realize *that* pricey) but known and trusted shop to do the work. This time I will shop around closer to home... And hopefully get a better quote!

keep us,posted and sign me up

#1413 7 years ago

Thanks for the comments.

Based on feedback so far, I revised the leading candidate and then tweaked it with a friggin' light-bulb-duh-brilliant idea... check it out there, I think it actually looks awesome now!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-stainless-steel-speaker-panel-concepts-interest#post-3586401

#1414 7 years ago

Thanks for the comments.
Based on feedback so far, I revised the leading candidate and then tweaked it with a friggin' light-bulb-duh-brilliant idea... check it out there, I think it actually looks awesome now!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-stainless-steel-speaker-panel-concepts-interest#post-3586401

Thanks for continuing to keep us updated on this thread. Love the most recent one.

#1415 7 years ago

My Pinbot was missing the topper.

I'm developing an altogether new one:

Antenna (resized).jpgAntenna (resized).jpg

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinbot-topper-his-helmet-antennae

#1416 7 years ago

Tech question on the Pinbot.. On my game when the game is over the flippers still have power. Isn't this strange? Anyone know why this would happen?

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone know why this would happen?

The contacts in the relay on the CPU board may have welded together or the transistor that controls the relay may have shorted. Do you have a DMM or a logic probe? This is a easy circuit to test.

#1418 7 years ago

Hi fellow Pinbot owners, just a curious question if anyone knows the answer. On my Pinbot play field on the left side out lane there is a number 31-1002-549-SP-AP I also have a spare beat up play field that does not have the SP or AP after the numbers. I have also seen in photos of other play fields that have the SP and not the AP after the numbers. Anyone know what the differences are?

#1419 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

The contacts in the relay on the CPU board may have welded together or the transistor that controls the relay may have shorted. Do you have a DMM or a logic probe? This is a easy circuit to test.

Thanks I'll have to check the transistor. Wouldn't it look fried?

#1420 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Wouldn't it look fried?

Maybe, maybe not. Use a ohm meter and measure the outside legs of Q-67. Low reading is bad.

#1421 7 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

I am in search of a playfield if anyone has a lead on one I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks

Your in luck I have one NIB and I'm in Michigan! Shoot me a PM and I'll get you some photos.

#1422 7 years ago

Does anyone have a sticker set I can get measurements from? I have the high quality scan, I just don't have all the measurements for printing. Thanks.

#1423 7 years ago

I have the high quality scan

Hey- do you have a scan of the sticker on the plastic above the mask that goes over the blue ramp? Any chance you can share the files with me?

#1424 7 years ago

I have the high quality scan

I bet we could all use parts of that scan, any chance of making it available @ Dropbox or somewhere?

#1425 7 years ago

I 3rd this. Could use parts of the scan if you threw them on dropbox or somewhere

#1426 7 years ago

I'm happy help, but we need some measurements to make these. Can anyone contribute?

#1427 7 years ago

I'm happy help, but we need some measurements to make these. Can anyone contribute?

Can you be more specific with regards to which measurements you need? If you want to PM me on how to get the scans I can get an idea what you're looking for as well. With regards to my first question- do you the sticker on the plastic above the mask over the blue ramp? I guess its like the visor.

#1428 7 years ago

I'm in! I will be restoring this baby at some point but for now it plays good!

FB_IMG_1487510613203 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1487510613203 (resized).jpg

#1429 7 years ago

My left sling shot isn't working and it looks like Q69 is the problem. What kind of transistor is this?

Will this work as a replacement?

tip 102 transistor work..

#1430 7 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

it looks like Q59 is the problem.

Q-59 is for the lamp matrix.

#1431 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Q-59 is for the lamp matrix.

Q69 I meant.. And I have a tip 102 transistor for it will that work?

#1432 7 years ago

Q-69 is a TIP122 and TIP102 is a good replacement as its 60% stronger.

#1433 7 years ago

Is there a good thread or resource on repairing the top of the red spiral ramp?

#1434 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Is there a good thread or resource on repairing the top of the red spiral ramp?

http://www.stevechannel.com/pinbot.htm

#1436 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

Very nice thank you. Should've known Cliffy!

Yeah, Cliffy! He did a complete restore on a Pin*bot so has first-hand experience of it. Here is the link:

http://passionforpinball.com/pinbot.htm

#1437 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm if you are supposed to be able to backhand the ramp from the left flipper?

Before I rebuilt the flippers, I was able to do this easily, but among the issues necessitating a rebuild, they did not look aligned exactly proper. So when I rebuilt the flippers, I aligned them to match the art on the game - which seems to key with using the little holes and a toothpick against the flipper rubber. But that backhand ramp shot is nigh impossible since, and even the shots to the drops from the right were more aggravating.

I rekeyed them back down a tad, using the toothpick against the flipper base and not the rubber, and the drop shots are fun once again. But lowering the left flipper moves the shot path *further* from the ramp, so it's still basically impossible.

So I can't understand how I was able to backhand that shot so consistently before...?

#1438 7 years ago

Yes, the ramp shot can definitely be made as a left flipper backhand.

#1439 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Yeah, Cliffy! He did a complete restore on a Pin*bot so has first-hand experience of it. Here is the link:
http://passionforpinball.com/pinbot.htm

Wow I went through that write up thouroughly and am mesmerized and inspired! the one thing that confuses me is how he clear-coated that playfield without removing things like slingshot kicker arms, lamp sockets, etc, etc. None of the pics of the clearcoating steps showed that he masked off any of that hardware. I am looking forward to tearing my PF down and restoring it. Mine has full mylar so I will get to tackle that challenge. I hope to be able to touch it up and CC it similar to what Cliffy did. His looks absolutely amazing!

#1440 7 years ago

Can anyone confirm if you are supposed to be able to backhand the ramp from the left flipper?

I would have said no, but I just went and did it (barely). Seems like a really tight shot though. I don't think I'm good enough to make it with any consistency.

#1441 7 years ago

Picked up a brand new repro vortex with un-installed decals and metal flap material to make my own flap. I paid $112 shipped. I think I might've overpaid but it was cheaper than a local guy who had one for sale for $150. Is $112 shipped a decent price for this? Either way, looking forward to putting it on. Now, I just need to find a helmet plastic...

#1442 7 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

would have said no, but I just went and did it (barely). Seems like a really tight shot though. I don't think I'm good enough to make it with any consistency.

Yeah, I was thinking it might have been "too" easy before, owing to the excess coil stop wear and slop.... but then I didn't think it should be impossible either. The ball has only acquired the proper vector to hit the ramp maybe 5 times, and only once with sufficient power to make it all the way up. Something is off.

But opening up that backhand really transformed the game in terms of strategy, flow, and pace. It was soooo much more fun and playable with that backhand shot to me, anyway.

I had to modify the new flipper coil links (to make them tapered like the original ones, so that they would fit), so maybe that's what's wrong... might just have a little bit of binding at the end of the plunge. That would probably be enough to affect a shot from rest - as in backhanding direct from a cradle in this case - as opposed to any other shot where the ball has momentum.

#1443 7 years ago

No way can I backhand the ramp from a dead cradle. From a standstill I would have to bounce the ball off the post, catch it and slap it up the ramp. Not easy for me but it is possible.

#1444 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

No way can I backhand the ramp from a dead cradle. From a standstill I would have to bounce the ball off the post, catch it and slap it up the ramp. Not easy for me but it is possible.

No way to backhand on mine either. Post pass is really safe on my machine though.

#1445 7 years ago

There is another new repro vortex ramp up on ebay for $112 if anyone is looking for one. Probably one of you selling it...

#1446 7 years ago

If it had the flap installed I'd consider it.

#1447 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

If it had the flap installed I'd consider it.

you can get the rivets at ACE hardware

#1448 7 years ago
Quoted from wizard_mode:

you can get the rivets at ACE hardware

I suppose I could try. Do they have the rivet press thing there too? Is the new ramp just going to break that top part off too?

#1449 7 years ago

I'm having a problem with a stuck right eye, any tips appreciated!

Here's the post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-right-eye-wont-eject#post-3613172

#1450 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I suppose I could try. Do they have the rivet press thing there too? Is the new ramp just going to break that top part off too?

They are called split rivets. They are clean from the top view they look like rivets but from the back you can bend the longer legs with a screwdriver. The repro vortex has a reinforced upper piece to avoid breakage but the best prevention is to make sure you have the correct shooter spring so it does not shoot the ball too fast.

1487766950974387612289 (resized).jpg1487766950974387612289 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.