20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 122.
#1351 7 years ago

I wonder why they are so off on the colors. Is this common with CPR repros?

#1352 7 years ago

I'm interested in a backglass myself.

If pinheadpierre or JeffZee want to sell, let me know.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I wonder why they are so off on the colors. Is this common with CPR repros?

Seems like I saw some comments elsewhere about some of the blue in their repro space shuttle plastics being way too light also. Odd. I have no complaints with the colors on the repro pinbot playfield or plastics. CPR is feeling a bit hit or miss to me at this point though. I will be proceeding with greater caution with them in the future.

#1354 7 years ago

I NEED HELP !! I just broke my topper for pinbot! The base is fine but the bubble is in pieces... looking everywhere for one (internet), can anyone help?

#1355 7 years ago

As I alluded to in my previous post, I think it's all relative. Some people weren't happy with CPR's Elvira backglass. I was happy since my Elvira translite was poor. In this case the backglass was very much an improvement although not exactly colored like the original translite. Many years ago I bought a Cyclone Backglass (not CPR). I held it up to my translite, couldn't tell the difference and ended up just hanging the glass on the wall. So I guess my advice would be to not just buy a backglass for the sake of buying a backglass. First evaluate what you already have.

#1356 7 years ago

Good advice. I just thought from the description that it would look a lot better than it does (to me).

1 week later
#1357 7 years ago

Just finished adding a https://www.playfield-protectors.com/ to my Pinbot. Was easy to do and makes the PF look great. These things are great for older playfields with raised/cupping inserts and wear that affects ball travel.

20161227_131908 (resized).jpg20161227_131908 (resized).jpg

#1358 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Just finished adding a https://www.playfield-protectors.com/ to my Pinbot. Was easy to do and makes the PF look great. These things are great for older playfields with raised/cupping inserts and wear that affects ball travel.

I have a flash that could use this... 6 or 7 cupped inserts
. This makes a big difference yes ?

#1360 7 years ago

I have a Pinbot that is now mechanically working well. Only thing left is the lower orange flashers are not firing but I found one of the 330 ohm resistors is registering about 30 ohms in testing while all the others or in the 300+ range. I've ordered a replacement so that should fix that issue. I hope.
Next is on to cosmetic fixes. I have not done any playfield repairs before and the trouble areas I have are the chest grid and the shoot again area in front of the flippers. I have come across the chest grid decals (laminated and non-laminated). I searched and didn't find any pros or cons of using them. Does it cause ball issues? Difference in laminated or not. Is it considered a hack? I'm relatively new to the community and I want to do things the right way. I don't want to try it if it's not an acceptable repair. If it's not then I'll attempt going through Vid's playfield guide and try not to destroy things.
Sidenote: The chest wear was from the inserts being sunken in. I used the hair dryer/nut driver method and was able to bring them to level.
Thanks.

IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPGIMG_0449.JPG

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I have a Pinbot that is now mechanically working well. Only thing left is the lower orange flashers are not firing but I found one of the 330 ohm resistors is registering about 30 ohms in testing while all the others or in the 300+ range. I've ordered a replacement so that should fix that issue. I hope.

I had some missing cement resistors on my Pinbot, I found that at least one of the flasher boards on Pinbot only uses one half of the resistors so I desoldered the unused resistors and resoldered where some where missing. For me it was a quick fix given I would have to wait at least 2 weeks for a delivery to New Zealand.

#1362 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

I had some missing cement resistors on my Pinbot, I found that at least one of the flasher boards on Pinbot only uses one half of the resistors so I desoldered the unused resistors and resoldered where some where missing. For me it was a quick fix given I would have to wait at least 2 weeks for a delivery to New Zealand.

I was wondering about that since the boards have two sides to them. Are each set of resistors for a side each? I didn't follow the traces to check. I was already placing an order for some other stuff so added a few resistors since they are pretty cheap just to have. The board I'm looking at for the lower flashers does have the lamps on one side and the other is unused. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

#1363 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I found one of the 330 ohm resistors is registering about 30 ohms in testing

This is the warming resistor and will only make the bulbs last longer. The larger 10 watt 5 ohm resistor is the one that would cause the bulbs to not flash. Unless you have a different issue with this circuit.

Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:Are each set of resistors for a side each?

Yes they are.

#1364 7 years ago

I just replaced the 24V flashers in the visor with these LED Bulbs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-LED-Car-Bulb-1156-S25-Ba15s-P21W-7443-7440-T20-27SMD-27-SMD-5050-Backup/32591289278.html

Nice tall towers that just fit and look quite nice. If anyone is looking, I recommend these. Note: I had to switch the wires on 3 of the 4 sockets to get them to work (orange wire goes to the top tab when look at the back of them.)

IMG_6609 (resized).JPGIMG_6609 (resized).JPG

IMG_6613 (resized).JPGIMG_6613 (resized).JPG

#1365 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just replaced the 24V flashers in the visor with these LED Bulbs: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2Pcs-LED-Car-Bulb-1156-S25-Ba15s-P21W-7443-7440-T20-27SMD-27-SMD-5050-Backup/32591289278.html
Nice tall towers that just fit and look quite nice. If anyone is looking, I recommend these. Note: I had to switch the wires on 3 of the 4 sockets to get them to work (orange wire goes to the top tab when look at the back of them.)

I think its funny in the description that they say if they don't light, spin them 180 degrees to reverse the polarity. You have to switch the wires on this style of bulb....

#1366 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I'm actually looking for something a little more compact like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-24V-BA15S-truck-led-1156-24v-led-goods-van-lamp-BAU15S-PY21W-truck-24v/32655409683.html

Ideally you could use the smaller bulb and replace all the 1251s including behind the backglass.

#1367 7 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm actually looking for something a little more compact like this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-24V-BA15S-truck-led-1156-24v-led-goods-van-lamp-BAU15S-PY21W-truck-24v/32655409683.html
Ideally you could use the smaller bulb and replace all the 1251s including behind the backglass.

Those would work well in the backglass, but for the playfield, I wanted something with side mounted LEDs for more spread of light. In fact, for the backbox, I used these: ebay.com link: 1156 13 SMD 5050 LED BA15S Car Auto Backup Fog Signal Tail Rear 24V Durable YU

They work very well for lighting up the face.

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I have come across the chest grid decals (laminated and non-laminated). I searched and didn't find any pros or cons of using them. Does it cause ball issues? Difference in laminated or not. Is it considered a hack? I'm relatively new to the community and I want to do things the right way. I don't want to try it if it's not an acceptable repair. If it's not then I'll attempt going through Vid's playfield guide and try not to destroy things.

I have a PinBot with the laminated decal installed. It looks pretty good. I don't think it really affects ball travel, but one corner is slightly lifted and is probably going to stay that way (wax on the adhesive...). Lately I have been considering pulling the decal and switching to the non-laminated one, then getting the playfield cleared. Seems like a good solution to me, until A) PB replacement playfields go back into production, and B) I can afford to buy one.

The "Shoot Again" area looks tricky...probably will require a waterslide decal? Post that photo to the Vid's Guide thread!

#1369 7 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

The "Shoot Again" area looks tricky...probably will require a waterslide decal? Post that photo to the Vid's Guide thread!

That area on mine needs help as well and I'm looking forward to a decal being available.

#1370 7 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That area on mine needs help as well and I'm looking forward to a decal being available.

It's not in this set?

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-PB778NL

#1371 7 years ago

Thanks, but no, "Shoot Again" is not in that set.

GS-PB778NLL (resized).jpgGS-PB778NLL (resized).jpg

#1372 7 years ago

Re:SHOOT AGAIN - somebody on Pinside must have high-res scans (or could made some) of a PinBot playfield - or would be willing to make a hi res scan of that detail for you, from which you could make a waterslide. The art around the insert seems harder to reproduce, but again, Vid's thread might be helpful on that.

#1373 7 years ago

About those decals, anyone who bought a set would be willing to spare his "Adv X" decal? That's the only one I need.

Thanks!
-G

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

About those decals, anyone who bought a set would be willing to spare his "Adv X" decal? That's the only one I need.
Thanks!
-G

Ditto- mines very faded. Replicated one myself but don't have a printer capable of printing white ink at my disposal to print it.

#1375 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Thanks!
-G

Mine's gone and I might redo the ramp as part of my restoration. So anyone wanting to be part of it will get a big shout out!

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Mine's gone and I might redo the ramp as part of my restoration. So anyone wanting to be part of it will get a big shout out!

Me too. If someone here could scan one, I would like to try cutting a stencil on my cameo silhouette to airbrush it on the underside of the ramp.

#1377 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Interesting (and ugly) addition to Pinbot. I guess the previous owner was having ball hang ups here.
Hopefully it will come off without damaging the plastic.

That metal piece is correct. It deflects balls from the arm of the lifting ramp. It was originally held down with 2 sided tape. The adhesive is under those 2 tabs on the metal part. Not like in your pin with what looks like hot glue.

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That metal piece is correct. It deflects balls from the arm of the lifting ramp. It was originally held down with 2 sided tape. The adhesive is under those 2 tabs on the metal part. Not like in your pin with what looks like hot glue.

I hunted back through this thread and saw that this part is missing on many Pinbots, so lots of photos without the piece. On my game the hot glue came off cleanly and then I used double sided tape to hold the metal onto the plastic. Looking much nicer now.

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

I hunted back through this thread and saw that this part is missing on many Pinbots, so lots of photos without the piece

There is a great photo on this Thread, post #484 by Chipleader. This metal part falls off easily as the adhesive they used originally, dries out and fails. Some Pinsiders have also suggested that the part has a second function of helping to strengthen that blue playfield plastic.

I can remember seeing one in the bottom of my PinBot, but at that time I was not sure what it was for. Hopefully I never tossed it out, and just put it a storage bin.

#1380 7 years ago

Very interesting. I did not know that about that piece of metal. It's not factory but rather something they added after, probably sent to the distributors and operators to install at their will as so few games still have this bracket.

The Pinbot flyer images do not have it.

#1381 7 years ago

Ok so still bringing back a pinbot from the dead... most everything's working now except a couple flashers.. the damn game smells like something's gonna burn up if you play it for more than a couple games so I'm going over it and looking for ground shorts and I stumbled onto this.... is this somebody's accident or is it supposed to be this way? It looks like the ground is soldered to the 28v power? Can someone confirm this for me please on their game

IMG_3281 (resized).JPGIMG_3281 (resized).JPG

#1382 7 years ago

If I remember it is the way it's suppose to be. I'll check tonight.

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Ok so still bringing back a pinbot from the dead... most everything's working now except a couple flashers.. the damn game smells like something's gonna burn up if you play it for more than a couple games so I'm going over it and looking for ground shorts and I stumbled onto this.... is this somebody's accident or is it supposed to be this way? It looks like the ground is soldered to the 28v power? Can someone confirm this for me please on their game

This is correct. This is the A/C solenoid relay. I know it looks wrong but there should be a bridge of solder between the connections.

#1384 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Any chance any of your coils are getting extremely hot when its on? One of my flippers started doing that at one point, and smelled similar to what you mean. All it came down to was some cold solders- I reheated the one's on the flipper coil and on one of the boards that power the flippers. One of the wires had lost connection from a pin that should have completed the circuit in that connector. (Also, I'm not super savvy with electrical so I apologize if any terminology is off, but it was an easy fix). My point being- if any coils are hot and smelling perhaps follow the wires to where they go on the board- the schematics helped wonderfully for that.

#1385 7 years ago

It's coming from the backbox mostly... feels like a lot of those cement resistors are getting pretty warm. Thanks for confirming on the board there is indeed a bridge of solder... I just saw it and though ah-ha!

#1386 7 years ago

I'll just have to keep hunting I guess. Man pinbots got alotta shit shit going on as far as wiring n such I feel like my wpc games are easier to work on lol

#1387 7 years ago

Hey guys, should I add a backbox latch to my under restoration Pinbot or would that be a total crime as it's not factory.

Any of you guys have a latch installed?

#1388 7 years ago

I have a latch on mine ans quite sure it was factory....

#1389 7 years ago

The one I did had a latch as well. Looked like it as there from the beginning.

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from Chnillapoil:

I have a latch on mine ans quite sure it was factory....

Quoted from Insane:

The one I did had a latch as well. Looked like it as there from the beginning.

Funny, I asked a well known restorer an he said there were none factory and I should not install one.

#1391 7 years ago

I ordered and installed the PBR maze decal only to find out it's too small. They claim they've never had this issue before.

20161230_184816(1) (resized).jpg20161230_184816(1) (resized).jpg

20161230_184808(1) (resized).jpg20161230_184808(1) (resized).jpg

#1392 7 years ago

It's probably a "normal size or fit to page" problem while they print it........hope you'll get your money back.

#1393 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Funny, I asked a well known restorer an he said there were none factory and I should not install one.

HUO, all-original, and no bracket. As long as you're going to bolt down the head anyway, why add holes to the cabinet?

100_5835 (resized).JPG100_5835 (resized).JPG

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

why add holes to the cabinet?

Exactly.

#1395 7 years ago

Mine came without a bracket but it has holes from a bracket. I plan to add one since the upper cabinet wobbles more than I would like it to.

#1396 7 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

HUO, all-original, and no bracket. As long as you're going to bolt down the head anyway, why add holes to the cabinet?

Owner just never installed it.

#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from shesmovedon:

Mine came without a bracket but it has holes from a bracket. I plan to add one since the upper cabinet wobbles more than I would like it to.

Just want to make sure you have bolts in there now. The latch is only supposed to hold the head in place while you are putting the bolts in. It should be pretty solid and not wobbly with the bolts snugged down.

2 weeks later
#1398 7 years ago

Anyone with a used/some missing insert decal set for Pinbot? Please PM

Thanks!

#1399 7 years ago
Quoted from shesmovedon:

Ah, I think she should be rock solid with the head bolts fastened securely. The latch does next to nothing to stop wobble, it's only used to temporarily hold the head while you install the bolts. I didn't know there were even supposed to be head bolts on the very first game we had, a Cyclone. The latch came out (really short wood screws!) during game play. Scare the bejeezus out of us. Dented the front rails and blew out the mystery wheel and knocked some other parts out. Everything was repairable. I've been an expert in securing heads and replacing side rails ever since.

#1400 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Anyone with a used/some missing insert decal set for Pinbot? Please PM
Thanks!

I'll have a look at my stock tonight.What do you need exactly ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.