20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 122.
#1051 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Outlane drainage fest. Very common

Seriously, visor not getting up/down in proper position is probably the biggest issue around. Would need adjustment.

#1052 7 years ago

I had an incorrect rubber mounted on the left side of the visor which was intermittently rubbing causing issues with the visor going up/down. Lots of reasons for this thing to act up.

#1053 7 years ago

Pinsider ZeldaOoT is now the proud owner of my Pinbot! Congratulations, and thanks for a smooth transaction. Good luck and happy travels. I guess he is now the club president?

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Also, I tell people at every opportunity, if you back out wood screws, remember to "find" the original thread cut by turning them back until you feel the screw click into place - you should be able to easily start it back into the wood by hand. Otherwise you're cross-threading into the plywood, which you don't want.

Best Advice I've seen on Pinside for quite some time.

#1055 7 years ago

Pinbot recently followed me home...

IMG_20160903_094722 (resized).jpgIMG_20160903_094722 (resized).jpg

#1056 7 years ago

And is now in line.. just ordered the new led display plug and play kit..

IMG_20160905_135822 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_135822 (resized).jpg

#1057 7 years ago

How do you guys feel about this pinbot for sale? orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Looks to be in poor condition. I'm thinking about picking it up but maybe it's better to just pay more for a better example?

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

How do you guys feel about this pinbot for sale? orangecounty.craigslist.org link
Looks to be in poor condition. I'm thinking about picking it up but maybe it's better to just pay more for a better example?

I don't know what you are specifically seeing as poor condition, as it is really tough to see in the photographs. That said, I sold mine just a few days ago for $1500...mine was most certainly in better condition than that one is, on just a hunch.

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I don't know what you are specifically seeing as poor condition, as it is really tough to see in the photographs. That said, I sold mine just a few days ago for $1500...mine was most certainly in better condition than that one is, on just a hunch.

I'm seeing a cabinet in poor condition, faded playfield, and beat up rails?

Maybe it's worth it to buy to revamp at a discount of the asking price but I don't really know anything about restoration.

#1060 7 years ago

That one is a little rough for the price. One a lot nicer, tampa.craigslist.org link Little distance involved. I would be happy to check it out for you, but I not able to help with shipping. I got lucky and fond one for a lot less, a couple hours away, working 100%. They are out there, you just may have to wait a bit.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I'm seeing a cabinet in poor condition, faded playfield, and beat up rails?
Maybe it's worth it to buy to revamp at a discount of the asking price but I don't really know anything about restoration.

What I interpret from what you are saying is you really are not interested in doing restoration. If that same game were in better exterior condition, it would likely be priced a little higher too. IMHO is this example priced high for its condition? Yes, but not extremely. My advice would be to wait for another example to cone around that better suits you.

I'm kind of in the same boat, as I am looking for another game myself. I have also passed on examples that were not quite what I am desiring. Even though I want the titles badly, I am not going to rush in to buying something that I can't be happy with. Sometimes you just need to walk away.

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

What I interpret from what you are saying is you really are not interested in doing restoration. If that same game were in better exterior condition, it would likely be priced a little higher too. IMHO is this example priced high for its condition? Yes, but not extremely. My advice would be to wait for another example to cone around that better suits you.
I'm kind of in the same boat, as I am looking for another game myself. I have also passed on examples that were not quite what I am desiring. Even though I want the titles badly, I am not going to rush in to buying something that I can't be happy with. Sometimes you just need to walk away.

That's good advice. I'll just wait for one that meets my standards. I don't mind paying more for a quality table.

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

So i ground down the screw, no better. Here is a pic, not sure if you can tell, but the angle isn't touching the wood. If i push it forward, it does. The arms for the visor, where they go through the target bank, are slightly bent, wonder if that is pulling on it. also thought about drilling small holes in the brackets and screwing down. Also i manually spin the motor and at the lowest point, the targets still sit above the pf. I do have the small sleeve on the motor shaft. Wonder if i could shim under the motor plate to move it down slightly to pull the targets down more?

Anyone see any reason I can't put a screw through, or over the metal bracket to square up the mechanism, it is sitting tilted in the machine and I cant see any physical reason why, unless the plastic is slightly bent.

#1064 7 years ago

Just added Pinbot to the line up, it needs some TLC but is playing. Found some corrosion damage at SRC3 and SRC5 which i believe is causing 2 segments (B and D) in the alpha display to stay lit when there is a character displayed. Have some NVRAM coming then I will start looking for any more corrosion. Has some wear at all 3 kick outs and under the vortex ramp but the rest of the PF was protected by the mylar. Will need to get another vortex ramp to replace the already black ramp that is broken.

IMG_20160905_204700 (resized).jpgIMG_20160905_204700 (resized).jpg

#1066 7 years ago

Just posted a thread about my target bank not lowering all the way, if anyone can help. It is greatly appreciated..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-target-bank-not-lowering-all-the-way#post-3344886

#1067 7 years ago

Do any of you pinbot owners know if and where I can get red and blue rubber rings for my pinbot? I know about Titan pinball's silicone rings and they do make a kit like I am looking for, but I am not wanting to spend 280.00 plus dollars on rings, I am sure they are great and all, just not what I am wanting spend! Regular old rubber rings in red and blue is what I am looking for!

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Do any of you pinbot owners know if and where I can get red and blue rubber rings for my pinbot? I know about Titan pinball's silicone rings and they do make a kit like I am looking for, but I am not wanting to spend 280.00 plus dollars on rings, I am sure they are great and all, just not what I am wanting spend! Regular old rubber rings in red and blue is what I am looking for!

There are no such thing as colored "regular old" rings, those regular old polyester rings only come in white and black. And you're looking at something all wrong, there's no way in hell a set of Titans for your machine will cost nowhere near even HALF of $280!! I did my whole machine using my own custom setup (including the red/blue) and I think I spent like $60-$70, and I always order 1 or 2 extra of every size!!
Make a list of what you need, fill your cart on Titan and see what you end up with, forget their "kits" section.

FYI, I just went to Titan and dumped the first Pinbot kit I saw into my cart, the total was $56.62... I dunno what the hell you were lookin at!

#1069 7 years ago

Yep. Just like LED's....

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

There are no such thing as colored "regular old" rings, those regular old polyester rings only come in white and black. And you're looking at something all wrong, there's no way in hell a set of Titans for your machine will cost nowhere near even HALF of $280!! I did my whole machine using my own custom setup (including the red/blue) and I think I spent like $60-$70, and I always order 1 or 2 extra of every size!!
Make a list of what you need, fill your cart on Titan and see what you end up with, forget their "kits" section.
FYI, I just went to Titan and dumped the first Pinbot kit I saw into my cart, the total was $56.62... I dunno what the hell you were lookin at!

I apologize for my ignorance on the standard rings, I was unaware that black and white were the only colors available! Also for the mistake about the titan rings, I just rechecked the website and you are right 56.62! I don't know what happen the first time I looked, but the price listed in my cart was 283.56! I must have clicked something, (i hate this new laptop) !

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

I apologize for my ignorance on the standard rings, I was unaware that black and white were the only colors available! Also for the mistake about the titan rings, I just rechecked the website and you are right 56.62! I don't know what happen the first time I looked, but the price listed in my cart was 283.56! I must have clicked something, (i hate this new laptop) !

Glad you figured it out! Would have been funny to see what was delivered to you if you HAD paid the $283.56!!

#1072 7 years ago

I am betting enough kits for several pinbots!!! lol

#1073 7 years ago

That works out almost exactly to five sets of rings.

#1074 7 years ago

Always good to have a few spare sets around!

#1075 7 years ago

If you are going to do red and blue rubbers. Just remember that the flipper rubbers need to be red. Look at the plastics and pinbots fingers on the playfield and backglass. Otherwise it will look weird.

#1076 7 years ago

What he ^ said... Stay consistent with the artwork.

#1077 7 years ago

Hey Pinbot fans, I'm still having troubles with my skill shot. Stumbles before the ramp and randomly (50%?) goes up to the top. From a full plunge. Anyway, I've read a ton on this topic and spent a couple hours trying some of the suggestions. Here's a couple questions:

How does your shooter housing connect to the cabinet? My cabinet has a big triangle cutout. The housing doesn't bolt to the cabinet. It has a plate that sandwiches the cabinet to hold in place. It has a TON of movement in any direction. Maybe 5mm up down left right. Is that normal for Pinbot?

I read about loosening back screws of something to make skillshot better. I swear it was the vortex. Do I have to remove the ramp and mini playfield to get to that? I was confused.

Finally, I was getting 80% full plunges reaching the top hole (I know that's not the goal, but it's my benchmark for "fixed") on two separate occasions tonight. I thought, "fixed!!" And then realized that the left "hanger" from the apron that settles down into the slot to fully seat the playfield was not down. Once I seated it all the way down again, skillshots were broken again! It was hard to get that hanger to line up with its slot. Could my whole can be warped or twisted?

Help!

Thanks.

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey Pinbot fans, I'm still having troubles with my skill shot. Stumbles before the ramp and randomly (50%?) goes up to the top.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've noticed that issue a bit on mine recently as well, maybe about 20 percent of the time. I'll have to take a peak at the housing you're asking about and report back. If you find a fix in the meantime please let us know.

#1079 7 years ago

There are SOOO many subtle things that can affect the skill shot. IMHO this makes it a true skill shot. On mine, even when everything is tuned well, gradual wear to the plunger rubber or a slight warp/misalignment of the plunger can be the difference between hitting the middle or top hole vs never making it up the ramp. The thing I have found that helps most if you cannot make it up the ramp ever is to put a much smaller rubber on the posts for the shooter lane part of the bumper nest and making sure the shooter lane gate is free and easy. I see stretch marks on my lane rubber it's so tight. Also, if at all in doubt, totally rebuild the plunger.

#1080 7 years ago

I'm restoring my Pinbot and will install a new vortex ramp. I foresee a few problems getting my skill shot right... Thanks guys!

Worst thing is that it is flawless now.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Finally, I was getting 80% full plunges reaching the top hole (I know that's not the goal, but it's my benchmark for "fixed") on two separate occasions tonight. I thought, "fixed!!" And then realized that the left "hanger" from the apron that settles down into the slot to fully seat the playfield was not down. Once I seated it all the way down again, skillshots were broken again! It was hard to get that hanger to line up with its slot. Could my whole can be warped or twisted?
Help!
Thanks.

This makes me think that your playfield might not be level. Have you leveled it right to left with a clinometer?

If it's hard to get the hangers to line up with the slots in the lockdown bar receiver, you may need to adjust the pivots underneath the playfield.

#1082 7 years ago

Been messing with different led combos.. added a black rubber kit.. plays fast and perfect... stil messing with combos.

IMG_20160919_122634 (resized).jpgIMG_20160919_122634 (resized).jpg

#1083 7 years ago

I intend to LED my newly acquired Pinbot in the blue/red scheme. Has anyone found flasher lamp housing in blue and red that match that can replace the amber ones? I think blue on the blue side and red on the red side would pop!

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I intend to LED my newly acquired Pinbot in the blue/red scheme. Has anyone found flasher lamp housing in blue and red that match that can replace the amber ones? I think blue on the blue side and red on the red side would pop!

I'm not sure if you've taken a moment to look yet, but the Amber flasher housing is actually a part of the plastics in this game. I haven't seen new plastics without amber for this game.

#1085 7 years ago

Since we are talking red and blue leds and pinbot, here is mine...

IMAG0048 (resized).jpgIMAG0048 (resized).jpg

IMAG0041 (resized).jpgIMAG0041 (resized).jpg

#1086 7 years ago

Wow dave, that looks awesome.

I really regret not putting leds in my chest plate (?) inserts. I found ghosting on those inserts on my recently new repro playfield! Made me sad...

Anyway, skillshot is a mess for me. My playfield is level with my iPhone and the pinguy app. It really feels like when the playfield is leveled, it doesn't want to settle into the lockdown bar receiver. Makes me think my cab is warped or my floor!

#1087 7 years ago

Thank you! I have not done the LEDs in the chest plate yet, but planning on it soon! My skill shot is about 50-50, sometimes I plunge it all the way to the top and sometimes I can't even make it up the ramp! I can make the shot, just not every time!

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

I'm not sure if you've taken a moment to look yet, but the Amber flasher housing is actually a part of the plastics in this game. I haven't seen new plastics without amber for this game.

They're just standard domes that are riveted to the plastics, you can change them to any color you want. New plastics don't come with the domes, just big holes for you to rivet (or nut/bolt) them in. All my domes are < Blue or Red >.

IMG_3404.JPGIMG_3404.JPG

#1089 7 years ago

I obviously did not. Thanks

Quoted from ZeldaOoT:

#1090 7 years ago

May I ask where you got your domes? Are they a standard size?

Quoted from TheOnlyest:

They're just standard domes that are riveted to the plastics, you can change them to any color you want. New plastics don't come with the domes, just big holes for you to rivet (or nut/bolt) them in. All my domes are < Blue or Red >.

#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

May I ask where you got your domes? Are they a standard size?

I believe these are correct:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=309

You can mount them with small nuts/bolts too.

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Wow dave, that looks awesome.
I really regret not putting leds in my chest plate (?) inserts. I found ghosting on those inserts on my recently new repro playfield! Made me sad...

I have been using LEDs since I got my playfield from CPR, and I still got a ghosted insert in the chest grid. It happens. Just don't do what I did and try to tap the insert back up. My theory was that I could eliminate the bubble between the insert and the clear by doing so. Oops.

In the first pic, you can see I used a clear pen to conceal the crack. It already looks a little better. The second pic was taken after the initial damage.

The pin isn't at home, so the next time I get a crack at it (maybe this weekend), I'll wet sand the clear flat, touch up the paint and cover with Mylar. Hopefully it will be passable after that.

20160909_092635 (resized).jpg20160909_092635 (resized).jpg

20160909_113946 (resized).jpg20160909_113946 (resized).jpg

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I did the red/blue flasher domes in mine but did red on the blue side and blue on the red side of the game.

20150904_182600 (resized).jpg20150904_182600 (resized).jpg

20160309_153930 (resized).jpg20160309_153930 (resized).jpg

#1094 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Thanks for the correction and my apologies on the misinformation. I was just looking at one of mine this last week and I'm not sure how I missed it. I think the red and blue look nice!

#1095 7 years ago

Any idea what led bulbs will replace the 28v flashers in the eyes ect.. 2 under playfeild and for under the visor..

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Any idea what led bulbs will replace the 28v flashers in the eyes ect.. 2 under playfeild and for under the visor..

I was told not to replace those with led as they will burn unless you do some diode modifications.

#1097 7 years ago

Makes sense.. I c no 28v led that size at all any were.. bummer .. it's the only non led on the feild ..

#1098 7 years ago

I don't believe the game is actually supplying 28v to those 1251 bulbs, my understanding is that Williams used a higher voltage bulb to reduce the brightness. When I got my machine, it had 89 incandescent's in it and they worked fine. most operators had no idea those bulbs were 1251's, they look exactly the same. I'm using Comet Red & Blue 89 8-SMD LED flashers in all those spots and they work just fine too, no modifications, nothing is burning, and they look badass alternating red-blue when the visor opens!!

#1099 7 years ago

Drool! Looks beautiful!

Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I did the red/blue flasher domes in mine but did red on the blue side and blue on the red side of the game.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I don't believe the game is actually supplying 28v to those 1251 bulbs, my understanding is that Williams used a higher voltage bulb to reduce the brightness. When I got my machine, it had 89 incandescent's in it and they worked fine. most operators had no idea those bulbs were 1251's, they look exactly the same. I'm using Comet Red & Blue 89 8-SMD LED flashers in all those spots and they work just fine too, no modifications, nothing is burning, and they look badass alternating red-blue when the visor opens!!

That is a badass idea using red and blue LEDs in the visor! I love it!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.