20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 122.
#1001 7 years ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

It's on the flipper mech.

Thank you! Found the problem, diode broke off on one leg!

#1003 7 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Selling some Pin•Bot compatible boards and displays. Let me know if you have questions:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-working-system-11-mpu-driver-board-free-us-shipping

Good luck, but I think you may find that MPU board hard to sell at that price, its very high. You can get a brand new Rottendog for $40 more (plus $25 shipping), which gets you rock solid current technology and NVRAM just for starters. Versus a 30-year-old used board with a ton of obsolete technologies and IC's that are no longer even made? Unless all the numbers match game-wide, there's no real advantage to using ancient OEM boards as replacements. If someone actually does pay that price and finds even ONE board repair on it when they get it, they're gonna be MEGA pissed!! Most used Sys11 MPU's sell around here for about $200... Which is the most I would ever pay for one.

#1004 7 years ago

Thanks. I looked around and couldn't find any under $425 on the net. Plus shipping. Again this is for a system 11. More than happy to lower the price if a system 11 is available. And that was just what I put up. Knowing well id negotiate. I have it at $300 shipped. Which considering there aren't many available....
I'm not aware of a system 11 (not a,b, or c) repro available. You need to modify a system 11a.
Like I said here is how I based my price. I could be wrong.
System 11 ( refurbished)
https://ksarcade.net/williams-system-11-cpu-d-10881.html
System 11 ( refurbished)
https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-mpu011a-for-williams-bally-system-11.html
Thanks for pointing this out. If you could show me somewhere that has the system 11 available for sale I'd be happy to base my price off that. Lower of course. Thanks for the help.

#1005 7 years ago

Oh and again, this is for the pin bots that were system 11. Which there were only a few Early ones. Anyways. Sorry if I'm way off mark.

#1007 7 years ago

My bad, your post didn't actually say this was an 11 or 11A board... I just assumed it was an 11A since you posted it in here.

#1008 7 years ago

Yeah. I guess some pin bots have 11, most have a. I should have been more clear. My mistake

#1009 7 years ago

Found some NOS Plastics while cleaning up. Would be willing to make some trades for xenon sling plastics. Make offer if you see anything you need.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1010 7 years ago

Just joined the club. Machine is every bit as fun and brutal as I remember from location play in the 80s!

#1011 7 years ago

Welcome! It is brutal, outlanes are just the worst. The angles on this game are so well thought.

#1012 7 years ago

The outlanes are tough but not unbeatable, one you learn the game a well timed nudge can save 70% of outlane drains

#1013 7 years ago

Thanks! My older son played it 2 years ago at the Pacific Pinball Museum and loved it. first few days at home were tough but now he is nudging more aggressively and getting much better at it.

#1014 7 years ago

Heres one thing i noticed with pinbot, if I'm having an extra crappy game and draining right away, by the 3rd ball it seems that Extra ball is always lit. If i'm playing well, this doesnt seem to happen, and I only get the extra ball award based on certain high score (over 1 million or 1.2 million or whatever), or by getting it lit by hitting the eject hole on the top left when light extra ball is lit. Is this a setting that i can change to turn on or off, or change the threshold for awarding the extra ball on lower scoring games?

#1015 7 years ago

It's a game feature. Don't remember if it can be adjusted.

#1016 7 years ago

Xball_(resized).JPGXball_(resized).JPG

#1017 7 years ago

Excellent, that makes sense now! Thank you sir for digging that up!

#1018 7 years ago

We call that feature Obama ball! As in, I can't work for it, so the game gives it to me anyway! (Go ahead and flame me, I'm only mildly political...)

#1019 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

We call that feature Obama ball! As in, I can't work for it, so the game gives it to me anyway! (Go ahead and flame me, I'm only mildly political...)

Sounds more like a welfare ball, or a section 8 ball!
And please spare Pinside the political BS, this is one of the only websites left on the net where I don't have to read "head up your ass" political opinions from clueless morons who actually believe themselves to be brilliant experts on how government works.

#1020 7 years ago

(edited)

#1021 7 years ago

Ok, something weird happened... I think some moderator must have edited my post?? My original post had a sentence at the end where I said that my comment was not directed at you, my statement was about everywhere ELSE where I deal with those kind of people! You actually didn't even say anything offensive or really even political, I just don't want any of my club forums to evolve into any of that... Pinside is my "escape" from election season!

#1022 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don't claim to know everything on politics but I have every right to say what I want where I want.

Uh...no, you don't. Read the Pinside community guidelines:
Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere.

#1023 7 years ago

Haha. No problem. Not upset at all. I can take it and I'll keep any politics to a minimum. Have a good one.

I miss my Pinbot (he's on loan at my brothers house...)

Anyone know where to get that sticker for the visor drop down that makes the arrows look continuous when the visor is open? I love that mod. When you put a decal like that that gets rolled over, do you clearcoat it or Mylar it somehow?

Thanks

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Uh...no, you don't. Read the Pinside community guidelines:
Discuss Politics and religion: Each to their own when it comes to these hot-button topics, but they have absolutely no place in the world of pinball. Please discuss them elsewhere.

Fair enough. Guess I didn't read that part. Not sure I was in violation, but possibly. I certainly had no intent of getting "political". Just making a comment on that particular pinball feature. I'll be more careful in the future.

#1025 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Haha. No problem. Not upset at all. I can take it and I'll keep any politics to a minimum. Have a good one.
I miss my Pinbot (he's on loan at my brothers house...)
Anyone know where to get that sticker for the visor drop down that makes the arrows look continuous when the visor is open? I love that mod. When you put a decal like that that gets rolled over, do you clearcoat it or Mylar it somehow?
Thanks

I got mine from this guy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball_customs

It's vinyl, and you shouldn't need to protect it with Mylar or clear. It is a great addition. I love mods that look like they should've been put there from the factory.

#1026 7 years ago
Quoted from floyd1977:

I got mine from this guy:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball_customs
It's vinyl, and you shouldn't need to protect it with Mylar or clear. It is a great addition. I love mods that look like they should've been put there from the factory.

Thanks for the link. Generally, that's the only type of mod I like. Don't like them to be too gaudy

#1027 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ok, something weird happened... I think some moderator must have edited my post??

Your post has not been edited by a moderator. As best as I can tell, your post has not been touched since you originally made the post.

Marcus

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know where to get that sticker for the visor drop down that makes the arrows look continuous when the visor is open?

I have one I can throw in the mail to you for $10.

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I have one I can throw in the mail to you for $10.

That would be awesome!! Pm me your PayPal and I'll send right away! Thanks!

#1030 7 years ago

Gang,

CPR has apparently did a re-release of the plastics or they found some more:

http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-plastics.html

Mine confirmed shipping today.

Mike V.

#1031 7 years ago

I got mine a little while ago. A must have

3 weeks later
#1032 7 years ago

I'm thinking of leaving the club to freshen things up a bit, so I am looking for a local trade for a game on my wishlist, if anyone would like to work something out PM me.

#1033 7 years ago

Quick question, I am putting the pinbot that I have been working on for a while back together. I noticed that the mini pf seems to bow slightly to be installed. The 5 points where it bolts on, are all fixed points, no adjustment. is this common. not a lot, but does bow up in the center slightly.

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm thinking of leaving the club to freshen things up a bit, so I am looking for a local trade for a game on my wishlist, if anyone would like to work something out PM me.

I'm not sure that's allowed. Section 2.3a of the pinside code of conduct clearly states that, "the originator of a club thread shall from that moment forward and forever own said fanned game in his or her collection."

I hope we don't have to send a squad out for enforcement.

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

"the originator of a club thread shall from that moment forward and forever own said fanned game in his or her collection."

He's right, I read that somewhere.

#1037 7 years ago

My wife wanted to know, if I delete the thread does that make section 2.3 rule null and void?

#1038 7 years ago

Even if you delete the thread, you'll never be able to sell or trade your Pinbot. Once you start a club thread, pinside sends a tech to your place, disguised as one of your buddies. When you are off getting snacks or beers or something, the tech fits your machine with a little device that causes the game to malfunction if you attempt to trade or sell it. Sorry, I thought you knew.

#1039 7 years ago

Wait a second. I just found a sub-rule (2.3b) which states that creators of threads can sell or trade for qualified medical reasons. Fun deficit disorder is on the list of eligible conditions. Apparently this is a common "disease" caused by repetition and long term exposure. You might need a note from a qualified fun expert to get pinside to remove the anti-trade/sale device referenced above, though.

#1040 7 years ago

i also am having an issue with the target assembly. It doesn't seem to go all the way down. I checked the adjustment screws, and its not hitting them. i can manually push it down the last little bit. After the ball rolls over it a couple of times, it gets pushed down. Also it seems to tilt a little bit front to back, so when its flush at the front, its still up a little at the back. suggestions?? Do i need to somehow shim under the back to try to adjust for the tilt?

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

i also am having an issue with the target assembly. It doesn't seem to go all the way down. I checked the adjustment screws, and its not hitting them. i can manually push it down the last little bit. After the ball rolls over it a couple of times, it gets pushed down. Also it seems to tilt a little bit front to back, so when its flush at the front, its still up a little at the back. suggestions?? Do i need to somehow shim under the back to try to adjust for the tilt?

Sounds to me like the guide brackets are bent a little bit. I'd suggest the guide "forks" that mount the assembly to the playfield (indicated in the diagram) need to be bent down slightly in a vise to get the assembly straight. Then test to see if that makes it level, if it is but still isn't going down all the way perhaps the stop switch is being activated a little too soon? Just a guess.

untitled (resized).JPGuntitled (resized).JPG

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Sounds to me like the guide brackets are bent a little bit. I'd suggest the guide "forks" that mount the assembly to the playfield (indicated in the diagram) need to be bent down slightly in a vise to get the assembly straight. Then test to see if that makes it level, if it is but still isn't going down all the way perhaps the stop switch is being activated a little too soon? Just a guess.

thanks wayout, you're the best. will advise..

#1043 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Brackets aren't bent, looks like the post on the one side is slightly proud of the wood, going to dremel it down to see if that fixes it.

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

Brackets aren't bent, looks like the post on the one side is slightly proud of the wood, going to dremel it down to see if that fixes it.

Ah, that might do it as well. Let us know

#1045 7 years ago

So i ground down the screw, no better. Here is a pic, not sure if you can tell, but the angle isn't touching the wood. If i push it forward, it does. The arms for the visor, where they go through the target bank, are slightly bent, wonder if that is pulling on it. also thought about drilling small holes in the brackets and screwing down. Also i manually spin the motor and at the lowest point, the targets still sit above the pf. I do have the small sleeve on the motor shaft. Wonder if i could shim under the motor plate to move it down slightly to pull the targets down more?

IMG-20160831-01666 (resized).JPGIMG-20160831-01666 (resized).JPG

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

the tech fits your machine with a little device that causes the game to malfunction if you attempt to trade or sell it. Sorry, I thought you knew.

You guys absolutely jinxed me...or you are telling the truth.

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from Insane:

So i ground down the screw, no better. Here is a pic, not sure if you can tell, but the angle isn't touching the wood. If i push it forward, it does. The arms for the visor, where they go through the target bank, are slightly bent, wonder if that is pulling on it. also thought about drilling small holes in the brackets and screwing down. Also i manually spin the motor and at the lowest point, the targets still sit above the pf. I do have the small sleeve on the motor shaft. Wonder if i could shim under the motor plate to move it down slightly to pull the targets down more?

Have you removed the assembly outright? Sometimes that can reveal weird issues that weren't obvious with everything in place. Little broken bits of stuff that have fallen into weird spots and cause problems, for example. Kind of grasping for something to try and give helpful advice, sorry I can't think of anything concrete. I'd try to get the assembly to work as installed just for the fact that it is only held in by wood screws and there's a fair amount of weight to it - want those threads to have good purchase.

Also, I tell people at every opportunity, if you back out wood screws, remember to "find" the original thread cut by turning them back until you feel the screw click into place - you should be able to easily start it back into the wood by hand. Otherwise you're cross-threading into the plywood, which you don't want.

If you do end up removing the assembly, it's a real good time to pull the post and t-nut next to the targets, and bump it up to the next larger size. That post broke clean off on my game; the thicker (#10, I think?) post and t-nut fit pretty easily and seems much stronger.

Next time I open up my PinBot I'll take a look and see if anything jumps out at me that could be helpful.

#1048 7 years ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

Have you removed the assembly outright? Sometimes that can reveal weird issues that weren't obvious with everything in place. Little broken bits of stuff that have fallen into weird spots and cause problems, for example. Kind of grasping for something to try and give helpful advice, sorry I can't think of anything concrete. I'd try to get the assembly to work as installed just for the fact that it is only held in by wood screws and there's a fair amount of weight to it - want those threads to have good purchase.
Also, I tell people at every opportunity, if you back out wood screws, remember to "find" the original thread cut by turning them back until you feel the screw click into place - you should be able to easily start it back into the wood by hand. Otherwise you're cross-threading into the plywood, which you don't want.
If you do end up removing the assembly, it's a real good time to pull the post and t-nut next to the targets, and bump it up to the next larger size. That post broke clean off on my game; the thicker (#10, I think?) post and t-nut fit pretty easily and seems much stronger.
Next time I open up my PinBot I'll take a look and see if anything jumps out at me that could be helpful.

I had it all removed from the game. Both the motor assembly and the target assembly. Nothing strange there...

#1049 7 years ago

I'm going to pick up a pinbot tonight.. I love this game... anything that's a common issue I should look for ?

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

I'm going to pick up a pinbot tonight.. I love this game... anything that's a common issue I should look for ?

Outlane drainage fest. Very common

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.