20240615_215047 (resized).jpg
20240615_215044 (resized).jpg
20240615_215039 (resized).jpg
IMG_0129 (resized).jpeg
roof (resized).jpg
IMG_20240604_171453876 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240604_164659433 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240602_220601383 (resized).jpg
There are 6,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 123.
#6101 37 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

Here's an interesting find, at least to me . This is a Pinbot flyer I just acquired, for a pretty penny, but it's made by Unidesa/Cirsa/Stargame, a Spanish company. Looks exactly like the original to me, can you spot the differences?
https://nypinball.com/flyers/pin%c2%b7bot-pinbot/
Here's what the IPDB says about it:
This is a customized version of Williams' 1986 'PIN·BOT'. Williams supplied some of the Pin-Bot parts in a "kit" form to Unidesa. The documentation in our Files section describes the kits as consisting of "various playfield and electronic parts" and indicates that Unidesa would make their own backglasses. A quantity of 750 kits were ordered by Unidesa, but we do not know if all of them were made into full games. The Williams Daily Production Logs indicate all 750 kits were produced on May 26, 1987 and shipped out that same day.
A couple of differences quickly noticeable to the player are the absence of the mini-post between the flippers, and of anti-return wires on the moulded Vortex (a ball missing the ideal 100,000 hole will run right back over the 20,000 hole and out of the Vortex, into the bumper area).
This Spanish version also has a different backbox insert which folds down rather than being hinged on its left side.

I know someone who had one and there were some electronic differences that caused headaches to fix, also had a chipboard type playfield I think.

They named it El Pinbotto lol

#6102 37 days ago

I wonder if this is a unique-to-Unidesa playfield, since the chest grid looks like round inserts, or if that's a decal that covers the square inserts to make them look round.

I like those flasher domes, they look like Dagmars or '59 Caddy taillights.

#6104 37 days ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I wonder if this is a unique-to-Unidesa playfield, since the chest grid looks like round inserts, or if that's a decal that covers the square inserts to make them look round.
I like those flasher domes, they look like Dagmars or '59 Caddy taillights.

Good eye, didn’t notice the grid or the egg shaped flasher domes!

#6105 37 days ago

All of the circular inserts (except the sun) in @lostcause's link have a concentric circular pattern, instead of the usual starbursts. I'd love to see this thing in attract mode.

#6106 34 days ago

Picked up a cheap $300 fixer upper so I am in the pinbot owners club! Currently the bulbs light up but the numeric display does not but I picked it up to learn about how to work on Pinball machines

20240615_215039 (resized).jpg20240615_215039 (resized).jpg20240615_215044 (resized).jpg20240615_215044 (resized).jpg20240615_215047 (resized).jpg20240615_215047 (resized).jpg
#6107 34 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:

Picked up a cheap $300 fixer upper so I am in the pinbot owners club! Currently the bulbs light up but the numeric display does not but I picked it up to learn about how to work on Pinball machines
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pictures of the boards? If your main MPU board is bad I have a nice original spare.

#6108 33 days ago
20240616_070707 (resized).jpg20240616_070707 (resized).jpg20240616_070719 (resized).jpg20240616_070719 (resized).jpg20240616_070724 (resized).jpg20240616_070724 (resized).jpg20240616_070738 (resized).jpg20240616_070738 (resized).jpg20240616_070745 (resized).jpg20240616_070745 (resized).jpg20240616_070731 (resized).jpg20240616_070731 (resized).jpg
#6109 33 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:

Congrats, that's a great deal. If you don't have a multimeter it's time to buy one. Some common places to start checking on for issues would be your fuses and the power coming out of the power supply (proper voltage).

The connectors on the various plugs also work themselves loose overtime. Take some time to check them, unplug, and plug back in.

You can download the service manual online with a quick Google search.

#6110 33 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:

I was where you were with my PinBot almost 18 years ago.

Yours actually looks pretty clean and there are some parts missing. Looks like the return lane guides are missing for instance. But first you need to get a manual with schematics.

None of the displays light at all? That seems to me to be the place to start. Check all the fuses first of course.

But I am not an expert. Fortunately there are a few here that are. Amazingly expert. So I have one sentence of advice. Listen and do what they say. And learn.

///Rich

#6111 32 days ago
Quoted from coming2u:

Congrats, that's a great deal. If you don't have a multimeter it's time to buy one. Some common places to start checking on for issues would be your fuses and the power coming out of the power supply (proper voltage).
The connectors on the various plugs also work themselves loose overtime. Take some time to check them, unplug, and plug back in.
You can download the service manual online with a quick Google search.

Thanks, I have ordered a new power supply board from xpin, I know that is bad at the moment

Quoted from RichWolfson:

I was where you were with my PinBot almost 18 years ago.
Yours actually looks pretty clean and there are some parts missing. Looks like the return lane guides are missing for instance. But first you need to get a manual with schematics.
None of the displays light at all? That seems to me to be the place to start. Check all the fuses first of course.
But I am not an expert. Fortunately there are a few here that are. Amazingly expert. So I have one sentence of advice. Listen and do what they say. And learn.
///Rich

So as of now I know the Power board is out, I have a new one coming from xpin. I think from what I have read that could be the cause and is a good place to start but, yeah I know some things are missing. I need to "brighten up the plastics and some playfield inserts have started to lift up but I want to get the machine working first and then start on the cosmetics

#6112 32 days ago

Rebuilding the PS (or replacing) is where I’d start too. Will likely fox multiple issues

#6113 32 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:Thanks, I have ordered a new power supply board from xpin, I know that is bad at the moment

So as of now I know the Power board is out, I have a new one coming from xpin. I think from what I have read that could be the cause and is a good place to start but, yeah I know some things are missing. I need to "brighten up the plastics and some playfield inserts have started to lift up but I want to get the machine working first and then start on the cosmetics

With the acquisition at such an amazing price, you could just splurge on a new plastics set from CPR, while experimenting with plastics clean up

#6114 32 days ago
Quoted from dq13:

With the acquisition at such an amazing price, you could just splurge on a new plastics set from CPR, while experimenting with plastics clean up

Yeah, I just may, I do like the aged look though, it may be a tough decision, definitely needs new rubbers and a flipper rebuild

#6115 32 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Rebuilding the PS (or replacing) is where I’d start too. Will likely fox multiple issues

I hope so, the displays don't work, I am keeping my fingers crossed the power board replacement will fix that, if not I may switch to LED's & trace back from there

#6116 32 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:

I hope so, the displays don't work, I am keeping my fingers crossed the power board replacement will fix that, if not I may switch to LED's & trace back from there

They may just need replaced.

Pinbot is iconic. One of my top favorites in all of pinball.

#6117 32 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

They may just need replaced.
Pinbot is iconic. One of my top favorites in all of pinball.

Yeah, I am willing to replace & fix whatever it takes to give this table life again! I agree this table is iconic and I love it as well.

This exact table will always hold a special place in my heart as my daughter & picked it up together and both my daughters are helping me restore it.

#6118 31 days ago

Does anybody have a lead on a new visor plastic?
I’m kicking myself for not grabbing one when Marco’s had them in stock.

Thanks,
Dave

#6119 28 days ago

Anyone have any working old displays they want to sell me? PM me

#6120 28 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have any working old displays they want to sell me? PM me

The amber displays from Wolfpac look pretty close to the originals and aren't expensive, around $160 shipped. They take about an hour to assemble and should last forever.

#6121 28 days ago

+1 for Wolffpac displays!
They’re the best I’ve seen so far.
It’s a bit of a project to assemble them, no way around that, but I *REALLY* like the way they look once installed. His foam bezel is worth the price in and of itself - the individual LED digit units are perfectly masked, making them actually slightly “cleaner” of an install than the originals.

#6122 27 days ago

Now im looking at a Wolffpac display kit for my Pinbot. Has anyone done a different color than orange or blue/red? I was thinking white to distinguish it from the bright orange on the Pulp fiction next to it

#6123 27 days ago
Quoted from alexorear:

The amber displays from Wolfpac look pretty close to the originals and aren't expensive, around $160 shipped. They take about an hour to assemble and should last forever.

Thanks, I just have one that’s out and I like the iorginals. Just figure if someone replaced there’s with LEDs they might sell me the old ones.

#6124 27 days ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks, I just have one that’s out and I like the iorginals. Just figure if someone replaced there’s with LEDs they might sell me the old ones.

I may have one, I think I have three that are out on a project I am working on if you want it I will probably have them all replaced with LED's in a week or two

20240622_160510(0) (resized).jpg20240622_160510(0) (resized).jpg
#6125 27 days ago
Quoted from DudeBromen:

I may have one, I think I have three that are out on a project I am working on if you want it I will probably have them all replaced with LED's in a week or two
[quoted image]

Sound good pm sent..

#6126 25 days ago

So - my google-fu is failing me miserably... Anyone know where one could get the decals for the visor or the large helmet? (and hell, a ramp ADV X too) I see Pinball Center has both, but being in the US, well... I'd rather not if I could avoid it.

I have a hardtop resto project that's nearly completed, but I'd like to refresh the helmet, and the visor/ramp I bought both new to ensure it all really pops.

Also - I noted people talking about Wolfpacc displays above. Mine seem awfully dim compared to stock/other sets I've done. Is there a different resistor value you can use to increase the brightness since their more bare bones implementation doesn't have a brightness pot.

Nearing completion pic attached

Thanks in advance

20240624_224838 (resized).jpg20240624_224838 (resized).jpg
#6127 24 days ago
Quoted from statictrance:

Anyone know where one could get the decals for the visor

Visor decal available at Planetary Pinball....

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-31-2328-7

It's actually for Jackbot but is almost the same as the Pinbot.

#6128 24 days ago
Quoted from alb0711:

I picked up my pinbot for $300, previous owner had started parting it out and I had to buy new score displays and find a translate from another pinsider. Cabinet is in excellent condition and with the exception of one transistor locking a coil, everything worked. This is the favorite machine of my 17 year old son and I. He usually wins, but every so often the old man shows him up!
I recently bought a brand new playfield already clear coated and an unbroken vortex. Photos are of machine as it is now and the new playfield I'll be populating in the next month or two.[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey, where did you get the playfield? But congrats, it looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,128 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 123.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.