20240112_135811 (resized).jpg
IMG_5901 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5902 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7922 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7923 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7921 (resized).jpeg
541EBD6A-2CA4-43E0-AB4B-B18C7FF31AF0 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7003307_0 (resized).jpg
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 122.
#5501 1 year ago

Problem solved

#5502 1 year ago

Problem solved..

#5503 1 year ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Just don't get too entranced by the music and light or the timer will run out on you entering your initials.

One of the fixes in PEMBOT is that this music is played all the way to the end (it ends in a cool fanfare that is cut off in the WMS code).

#5504 1 year ago

I haven't tried this on all my system 11 games, but I believe you don't have to hit the start button after selecting your third initial. That way you get your initials and still enjoy the full sound/light show.

#5505 1 year ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

or the timer will run out on you entering your initials.

But enter the last initial with your flippers but don’t hit the start button to hear the longest version of the high score music without using Music Test in service menu. It will still pick up the correct last letter of your initials, but you get to hear the whole high score song too.

#5506 1 year ago

It still cuts off unless you have pembot or the tournament ROM.

#5507 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just wanna reach the Sun to being able to say i've done so. And here the cool music and light show.

What do you have your drop target (dt) timer set for? I recently did a lot of work to my machine, and many of the settings changed. I noticed my drop target timer was really low and it was nearly impossible to knock all 3 targets down with more than one shot. I checked the setting and it had reset to only 4 seconds, which is just ridiculously hard. Changed it to 8 seconds. Still not easy, but doable.

#5508 1 year ago

I have settings on hardest and the only change I made to that is to carry on the planets you scored to the next ball. I have a 3 ball game and no post between the flippers either.

I find that I have no issue with the drop target timer being too short.

I like to have the game set up at the most difficult settings possible without it being a pain to play. This way I believe the game stay challenging enough to enjoy playing it for a long time

#5509 1 year ago

Hmmm I’ll check the timer. Boards are currently at coin op cauldron fixing music and sound issues.

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

I have settings on hardest and the only change I made to that is to carry on the planets you scored to the next ball. I have a 3 ball game and no post between the flippers either.
I find that I have no issue with the drop target timer being too short.
I like to have the game set up at the most difficult settings possible without it being a pain to play. This way I believe the game stay challenging enough to enjoy playing it for a long time

So you have the dt timer set for 1 second? That is the lowest, hardest setting. That means you would have to hit all three drop targets with one shot. Personally I think that takes alot of enjoyment out of the game, but to each his own.

#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

What do you have your drop target (dt) timer set for? I recently did a lot of work to my machine, and many of the settings changed. I noticed my drop target timer was really low and it was nearly impossible to knock all 3 targets down with more than one shot. I checked the setting and it had reset to only 4 seconds, which is just ridiculously hard. Changed it to 8 seconds. Still not easy, but doable.

Thanks. I wasn’t aware that you could disable the auto adjust for the drop targets and just pick an active time from the adjustment menu. My targets were resetting quickly after knocking down one target.

#5512 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

So you have the dt timer set for 1 second?

No.. silly.. you are exaggerating now ROMM

These are actually the hardest game settings (see image).. as I said, the only adjustment I made was to change planets memory to yes.

The game is still very enjoyable. Plenty of time to hit the 3 planet targets before they reset. In fact, that’s pretty much the only way I score planets in the game as the advance planet target on the right side is really hard to hit.

77C6C0E1-0B7D-47C4-A171-FEC9B2FD126F (resized).jpeg77C6C0E1-0B7D-47C4-A171-FEC9B2FD126F (resized).jpeg
#5513 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrg50:

I wasn’t aware that you could disable the auto adjust for the drop targets and just pick an active time

You can actually pretty much adjust every setting to your personal likings..

Regardless if you changed settings to make the gameplay easier or harder, Pinbot is always a super fun and enjoyable game to play

#5514 1 year ago

All,
is it still recommended to add fuses on the bridge rectifiers in the back box?

Thanks,

#5515 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

All,
Thanks,

Yes or the bridge board.

#5516 1 year ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

These are actually the hardest game settings (see image).. as I said, the only adjustment I made was to change planets memory to yes.

I can check later but I'm pretty sure the auto adjust code isn't bound by the manual adjustment so it could get shorter until your percentage drops below the setting.

#5517 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

All,
Thanks,

It never wasn't nor will it ever not be a mandatory update.

#5518 1 year ago
Quoted from Vin-bot:

I have settings on hardest

Quoted from Vin-bot:

No.. silly.. you are exaggerating now ROMM
The game is still very enjoyable. Plenty of time to hit the 3 planet targets before they reset. In fact, that’s pretty much the only way I score planets in the game as the advance planet target on the right side is really hard to hit.
[quoted image]

Ah my bad. No exaggeration intended, but I thought when you said you had the settings on hardest, you went and set everything to it's actual hardest setting. You can actually set the dt timer to 1 second, which would be the hardest setting, but I understand what you are writing now.

#5519 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:No exaggeration intended

No worries mate.. I understood you.

#5520 1 year ago
Quoted from RichWolfson:

So I finally got to finish both flipper assemblies upgrading them. Thanks Vid and Grumpy. I was committed to doing it right and even was encouraged to add connectors like HEPP. Tried to get the right color coding on the wires, who knew that banded color coding would be impossible to find, but no similarities other than that. Both coils were replaced about 5 years ago but I rewrapped them and also installed new everything including the coil sleeves and stops which it turns out are a bit different length than the ones originally called for. And of course the switch stacks as well.
So the left one is installed and working.
[quoted image]
And I am proud of myself and will install the right one when I figure out this next question for the collective wisdom assembled here.
This is how I had the flippers before. White with either red or blue rubber.
[quoted image]
I bought blue and red flippers and rubbers and asked my son what he thought. He immediately said that he thought the old white flipper was much more visible. He is right but I was up to that moment thinking blue or red flippers and rubbers. So I also played a bit with blue flipper and red rubber. And now I am conflicted.
[quoted image][quoted image]
What do you think? White? Colored flippers with matching rubber? Or....
///Rich
PS-I know there are mounting screws missing. I put some dowels and glue in there and just waiting for it to dry!

Regular white flippers, same red bands on both.

#5521 1 year ago

I just put comet non ghosting LED into my Pinbot feature lamps. Yet still the amount of flicker is insane. Do you guys just deal with the flicker? I can't even buy an LED OCD board. Sold out.

#5522 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I just put comet non ghosting LED into my Pinbot feature lamps. Yet still the amount of flicker is insane. Do you guys just deal with the flicker? I can't even buy an LED OCD board. Sold out.

Deal with it until they are back in stock?

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Do you guys just deal with the flicker?

I don't really have that much flicker on mine. Maybe go incandescent if it bothers you.

#5524 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I don't really have that much flicker on mine. Maybe go incandescent if it bothers you.

Are you using non ghosting LED or regular LED?

#5525 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Are you using non ghosting LED or regular LED?

I have very basic LEDs in the inserts. I think they are the cheap Pinball Life ones. I really don't notice any flicker, although I'm not overly sensitive to it.
The GI is still mostly incandescent.

#5526 1 year ago

Hello all. Looking for some help/advice regarding some issues my Pinbot has developed…

I originally pulled the MPU board to help out another owner to diagnose their issues with their game…. That never happened as they got it resolved before I got to help them out. Since I had the board out, I installed the NVRAM. So, I reinstalled my board back into my game, and that’s when the gremlins arrived….

First, upping game start, the pinball would not be shot into the shooter lane…. So I replaced the transistor associated with that and it worked again.

So after playing 6/7 games, it started acting weird - the visor no longer went up or down, flashers stopped working and both balls are being launched into the shooter Lane….ugh.

I changed out the transistors for both the relay switcher (to resolve flashers) and the visor motor but still no change. Everything else seems to work fine except for these coil issues.

My power supply is a Xpin, everything else is original.

Is my board bad?

#5527 1 year ago

Since it was working before, I would try to reseat all the connectors with power off. Maybe you have cold joints that showed up when removing the board.

#5528 1 year ago
Quoted from metalkatt:

Since I had the board out, I installed the NVRAM. So, I reinstalled my board back into my game, and that’s when the gremlins arrived….

I'd look for a bad connection in anything that got touched when you (presumably) pulled the non-socketed ram out. A hairline solder crack/broken trace/sneak short. Any previous battery leakage anywhere on the board that might be hidden? Also, maybe your nvram is flaky, do you have any other ram to swap in (either nvram or regular)?

#5529 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Which lamps are the "feature" lamps? under playfield or above?

I'm looking to do LED conversion on my recently acquired PINBOT, it has LEDs above playfield (except the flashers) and on back box (except flashers here too), but I want to add LEDs to underplayfield, flashers and topper flashers...been reading up on this (I know I would need to disconnect warming resistors for LED flashers)....but I'm not sure if I should be using LEDs with bulb top or flexible type for under playfield particularly for replacing the horizontal mounted lamps.

#5530 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

I'm looking to do LED conversion on my recently acquired PINBOT, it has LEDs above playfield (except the flashers) and on back box (except flashers here too), but I want to add LEDs to underplayfield, flashers and topper flashers...been reading up on this (I know I would need to disconnect warming resistors for LED flashers)....but I'm not sure if I should be using LEDs with bulb top or flexible type for under playfield particularly for replacing the horizontal mounted lamps.

I did all led lights everywhere except the flashers, led flashers can be too bright in my opinion and less work to keep them original. The fire led on the back glass for the sun is a nice touch to do.

#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Don't do LED flashers on this game, & maybe all system 11. They don't work right without certain modifications that probably aren't worth it. I've LED's system 11 before but its been a while & I do recall that I used LED OCD to smooth out the flicker. Looks great with that but they are out of stock. Feature lights are the computer controlled lights, the ones that are mostly (sometimes completely) under the playfield to light up the inserts. I always use flex LED for horizontal. On pinbot there are only 3 (the drop target lights). The LED's will flicker. I'm preparing this game for somebody else but if it were mine I would likely find it unacceptable. I'm just going to tell my guy if this bothers him that we'll wait for led ocd to be in stock. Those are worth it for these system 11/data east era games.

#5532 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:I did all led lights everywhere except the flashers, led flashers can be too bright in my opinion and less work to keep them original. The fire led on the back glass for the sun is a nice touch to do.

Yeah, I hear you about the flashers being too bright but I'd like to try for myself, but at minimum the topper I will convert to LED flashers. What types of LEDs did you use under the playfield?

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

Yeah, I hear you about the flashers being too bright but I'd like to try for myself, but at minimum the topper I will convert to LED flashers. What types of LEDs did you use under the playfield?

So for me, I use the Comet led flashers (not the retro ones) and I think they are great. I found it works well when you color match the led to the flasher cover. I have only blue and red covers now on my Pinbot, with a same colored flasher. I put a normal white led flasher under a blue cover and found it too bright, and even out shines the flasher cover and still looks white and not blue.

#5534 1 year ago

I'm trying to set pinbot for free play. Adjustment 23. However, there is no YES or NO displayed on the lower displays. Very strange & nothing happens when I press start. In fact, most of the adjustments up until like 30 have no options for me to change. However when I get higher up I'm able to change some things like score thresholds, drop target timer & other things. I'm at a loss. Please help!

#5535 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

I'm trying to set pinbot for free play. Adjustment 23. However, there is no YES or NO displayed on the lower displays. Very strange & nothing happens when I press start. In fact, most of the adjustments up until like 30 have no options for me to change. However when I get higher up I'm able to change some things like score thresholds, drop target timer & other things. I'm at a loss. Please help!

Are all of your score displays working?

#5536 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

Are all of your score displays working?

Yes. Even if it was a display issue nothing happens when I press start on these settings. No noise or anything. Yet some settings do have a display on the lower displays and I can change those settings. Very confusing.

#5537 1 year ago

Do an install factory to clear everything out.

#5538 1 year ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yes. Even if it was a display issue nothing happens when I press start on these settings. No noise or anything. Yet some settings do have a display on the lower displays and I can change those settings. Very confusing.

That is weird. If you go into switch test, is your start button switch working well and not registering other switch closures?

#5539 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

That is weird. If you go into switch test, is your start button switch working well and not registering other switch closures?

Yeah start switch is fine and it does what it should on the settings that I am able to change

Quoted from slochar:

Do an install factory to clear everything out.

Tried this. Same issue. Also all the displays are good.

#5540 1 year ago

The plastic and flaps were looking a little time-worn on my lift ramp, so last week I made a new one from 1/8" lexan and blue spring steel, and polished & reused the original bracketry. I had made a similar one for Jackbot a few years ago so was able to avoid a few of the mistakes from that one (like, don't rivet the bracket underneath until you've blown all the dust off of the lexan).

Also scanned in and recreated the ADV "X" decal to be as close a copy as possible to the original faded one. Same font, same size, printed on clear vinyl, it's a nearly exact match. I have several extra decals available for sale, PM me if you're interested.

100_3904 (resized).JPG100_3904 (resized).JPG100_3905 (resized).JPG100_3905 (resized).JPG

#5541 1 year ago

I have some PEMBOT rom chips heading my way! Will provide feedback once I get them installed and played a few games!

#5542 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

It never wasn't nor will it ever not be a mandatory update.

All,
Regarding adding fuses for the bridge rectifiers:

So the fix is to add two 8A slow blo fuses? or one of them is 2.5A? As I'm reading/seeing different info out there.
Thanks in advance.

#5543 1 year ago
Quoted from Cariba:

So the fix is to add two 8A slow blo fuses?

YES!

#5544 1 year ago

Custom translite for my upcoming build...

318215621_884939306259373_6567446712520103212_n (resized).jpg318215621_884939306259373_6567446712520103212_n (resized).jpg
#5545 1 year ago

Hi, just got a Pinbot. Had a Jackbot for many years and sold it a few years ago, prefer the OG.

It has an issue with raising and lowering the ramp, both solenoids are working but the ramp doesn’t quite sit flat on the playfield until a ball rolls over then it stays flat and when raised it goes up but drops back down a bit and enough for the ball to touch the flap when it goes under.

The pivot pin on the arm underneath was a bit gummed and moving stiffly and have fixed that so nice and free now.

Does the lift crank lock plate and lift crank lock arms wear on these to cause the issue I’m having?

I had similar issues on a Dialed In I had with the Bob trap door but that was normally just adjusting the tab you can bend.

Only looked at it and pulled the lift coil off so far as just want to play it, trying to get a heads up before I strip the mech off for a look.

Thanks

357603E5-A5DA-4ED4-B82C-15D77082BEEF (resized).jpeg357603E5-A5DA-4ED4-B82C-15D77082BEEF (resized).jpeg

#5546 1 year ago

Lift crank lock plate has a groove worn into it but bending it about and adding a washer fixed it, now locks high and right down.
Will order one, easier than I thought

#5547 1 year ago

If anyone would like to check out PEMBOT and needs ROMs programmed, PM me!

#5548 1 year ago

MRS switches installed on the ramp! Great product!

4D94471C-3157-4644-AC32-4B8A843C0E8C (resized).jpeg4D94471C-3157-4644-AC32-4B8A843C0E8C (resized).jpeg64338B61-21ED-461A-82C5-D1B595C0DA47 (resized).jpeg64338B61-21ED-461A-82C5-D1B595C0DA47 (resized).jpeg
#5549 1 year ago

Just started a restoration and I’ll need to replace some switches.
Are the diodes on the switches 1n4004?

#5550 1 year ago

I originally posted this in the wrong place. I hope I am not breaking any rules by putting it here now.

+++++

Pin•Bot is my only pin and it never fails to perform. It's the first thing my grandchildren say hello to before me. They ask PinBot if his circuits are ready!

But I never fail to think of a way to tinker or redo something that is working just fine. To that end, I am lighting the flipper buttons, blue on the left and red on the right.

I have all the parts and figured I would grab the power from the GI on the coin door. The coin slot light sockets were corroded and CLR really cleaned both of them up nicely. But rather than solder the wires to the light sockets I looked at the Molex connector going to the door with a plan to re-pin one side adding the tap.

I am sure it was not pulled apart for 25 years or more but the plan was to re-pin the yellow and yellow/white pins tapping off power to both buttons. But when I took it apart, here is what I see. One of the connectors does not have a socket, and two pins facing each other. Could it possibly have come from the factory this way?

I can easily fix it but something things are done and I am not sure why. I am just asking if I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

///Rich
3DCBAE60-87A1-4A75-AD7F-734DB86D1F5C (resized).jpeg3DCBAE60-87A1-4A75-AD7F-734DB86D1F5C (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 122.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-fans-and-owners-club/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.