My Pinbot broke down a while ago after a period of giving warning signs on the displays and later backing it up by “pop” sounds every time the machine was turned on.
I never found out what that warning was that was shown on the display.. as we were on our honeymoon and my father in law was always playing on it while we were away. He never told me anything about these signs until the machine wouldn’t start anymore.
I fixed up my Pinbot (did a playfield swap and fixed the cab). Replaced the GI wire, all of the GI sockets and replaced all bulbs for LED except for the #1251 bulbs. I made no other changes to any of the electrical systems.
When I turn it on it does the following:
The machine makes 1x a “pong” sound
The back box GI lights are on and only the GI lights on the left side of the playfield are on.
The top 2 displays repeatedly show a gibberish text that blinks 10x. The CPU board repeatedly shows a 7 and then a 8, both blinking 10x. There is a light “humming” noise coming from both the cab speaker and the left hand side speaker in the head box.
What I checked:
- all bulb sockets with a battery before putting the pf back into the machine.
- all connections and plugs, making sure they are clean and properly pushed back together.
- checked the ground bead, making sure it makes contact on the parts it’s connected with.
- made sure the processors/roms are properly attached to the CPU.
- Checked all fuses with a Ohms meter
- Replaced the batteries in the holder. The old ones did not leak/corrode
I have no idea what could be wrong..
Hopefully someone here has an idea