8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by wombat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wombat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Need some information regarding the main board capacitors. I'm currently replacing all the capacitors on the sound board and now need to replace the electrolytic caps on the main board. I specifically purchased "audio" caps for my sound board. Should I purchase "audio" caps for the main board as well? It appears that C2 and C3 are related to the amplifier next to it on the top left side (I'm not sure if that amplifier even helps the audio due to it's location to the J15 header.) The capacitors that I'm concerned about are C24, C26 and C29. Should I purchase "audio" caps for these as well? Is there a big difference between audio caps and normal caps? Thanks in advance - I do appreciate it.

#4 8 years ago

It's the dreaded audio hum Chris. It was somewhat noticeable with the original power board. When I changed out the original power board with an x-pin board, it was much worse. Cleaner voltage is actually showing other problems with older boards.

#6 8 years ago

bump

#8 8 years ago

Much appreciated Andrew. This helps. I did purchase the newer amps (TDA2003A) just in case replacing the caps doesn't help. There are 2 amps on a PinBot sound board but only one has a tantalum cap next to an amp leg. I cant read schematics but I can test and replace most items. It's sort of like remolding a room in your house. I plan on taking the main board out to replace older parts but then see another possible thing to replace - and another order

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wombat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-capacitors-for-audio?tu=wombat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.