You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190613_194358 (resized).jpg
20190613_191546 (resized).jpg
20190613_181522 (resized).jpg
20190613_181554 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebman80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My pinbot was working great and I turn it on today and the left flipper tilts and ends the game. The game says "all data lost" when the left flipper is hit and everything ends until the ball is sunk. The right flipper works fine but some sort of bonus triggers each time the flipper is hit. I have no Idea whats going on the switch test says no switches are bad.

Is this a CPU issue or a Diode issue?

I was was in the middle of having this game up for sale and was getting emails about the game when this BS started happening so any help with this would be greatly appreachieated since I'm basically in panic mode with this thing.

#3 4 years ago

I replaced the diodes on the left flipper already and when in switch test mode I hold down the flipper button and one switch randomly triggers each time I press and hold down the flipper button. The switches that trigger are 02, 10, 18, 26, 34, 50, 58, but just one of these switches each time the button is pressed. I also replaced the diode on the roller tilt switch with the ball.

The right side I didn't do the diodes yet on the flipper if you hold down the flipper button in switch mode it continually cycles through all these switches never stopping. unlike the other left flipper where its one at a time then stops. It cycles through 3, 11, 19, 27, 35, 43, 51, 59 endlessly.

Also the left flipper I just wanted to double check the banded side of the diode that points towards the grey wire on the coil?

#5 4 years ago

This just occurred out of nowhere game was 100% working. The game was sitting in the center of my workshop for a few weeks not plugged in or touching anything so it was noting I did to it.

#6 4 years ago

Ok here's where I'm at as of right now.

Switch 02 (ball roll tilt), 18 (Ball trough #2 (center)), 26 ((Right eject) right eye), 34 (right 5-bank), 50 (left drop target (mid))

All tested fine but replaced diode anyways since I had it half removed already.

Switch 10 (left lane change) where is this? Is it the switch that's on the flipper assembly? If it Is I replaced all the diodes on both flippers coil and switch.

Switch 42 and 58 not used so irrelevant.

Next row

Switch 10 (advance planet), 35 (right 5-bank center), 51 (left drop target (lower)), 59 (10 point)

All diodes tested fine but replaced anyways

Switch 3 (credit button) Is that the start button on the front of the game? If so diode tested fine but replaced anyways.

Switch 11 (Right lane change) again where the hell is this one? If it was the leaf switch with the flipper coil assembly then it was replaced.

Switch 27 and 43 not used so irrelevant.

Tested and replaced all these switch diodes and all the diodes on the flipper assemblies. All were testing good and after replacing all of them the game still has the issues nothing has changed.

#8 4 years ago

Ok so take a jumper to either pin 7 or 8 of well both one at a time of 1J10 and touch to 1-8 of 1J8. And see if the correct switch comes up matching the Switch matrix chart. So I'm guessing if it's all coming up correct then its a board issue then.

20190613_181522 (resized).jpg20190613_181522 (resized).jpg20190613_181554 (resized).jpg20190613_181554 (resized).jpg
#9 4 years ago

Ok I couldn't get anything to happen when I removed the row and column connectors from the cpu and tried to jumper. When I left them connected to the CPU and jumped either switch row 3 pin 7 or switch row 2 pin 8 to 1-8 on the Column connector all tested fine to the correct switch but both did not test fine when jumpered to pin 2 on 1J8. When either row 2 or 3 were jumpered to column pin 2 on 1J8 they would cycle through all the switches on their corresponding row.

So row 2 column 2 is switch 10 (Left lane change) and row 3 column 2 is switch (Right lane change)

So I not sure If I did that right or not it wouldn't work when one or both connectors were off the CPU only when both connected.

The thing that has me is where are 10 and 11? the diagram shows them under the playfield.
20190613_191546 (resized).jpg20190613_191546 (resized).jpg

#10 4 years ago

So I'm going to guess this was something on the CPU that failed and the parts I have circled in red are what pin 2 passes through.

20190613_194358 (resized).jpg20190613_194358 (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago

The switches wont work when the connectors are removed. They only register when connected to the CPU. Since they both went wonky when connected to pin 2 of 1J8 that basically confirmed that the CPU had an issue. I pulled the CPU and my first thought was to pull the 3904 transistor Q49. Transistors always seem to be the things I find bad on pins so I figured it was the best place to start. I tested the part when I pulled it off the board and it was bad. I reinstalled a new 3904 and now the game works again. I did have another issue when I turned it on the left flipper didn't work after I jiggled the small 1J19 two pin connector it started working again so I'm going to repin the 1J19 connector and that should fix that.

#14 4 years ago

Thanks that really was a pain and I'm so happy that it's working again. Also repined that 1J19 connector on the CPU made it all one connector instead of a separate 2 pin plus a 7 pin. Game has been working good now and better stay that way lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thebman80.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-both-flippers-causing-errors?tu=thebman80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.