Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Blender
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

This is driving me crazy. Checked all transistors, nothing shorted. Values seemed fine. Going through the system 11 guide.

Hard to figure out as it instantly blows f2 fuse.

But still plays...Freaky. I don't know what to test if it won't hold power to test...And it's high voltage so dangerous. It's at a barcade, I'd redo all the connectors if it was private, but with no guarantee of that fixing it I'm kinda stuck. Any help appreciated. Ty

#2 7 years ago

It also blows my 10 amp multimeter fuse if I try and see a spike, and then blows the main 8 amp. Sigh

#3 7 years ago

Measuring current draw with the DMM won't really help you find the issue.

I would be isolating sections that use the solenoid B+ to locate where the short is. ie... unplug the playfield solenoids and see if it still blows the fuse.

#4 7 years ago

Agreed, I saw something where perhaps seeing which one drew a spike in test or attract would at least narrow it down. So, special solenoids from the CPU j18 does not change anything. solendoid connector to the power supply does not do anything, but power input does (duh?)

so doubtful GI right now. Ill have a more specific and directional report tomorrow, ty for the suggestion. I feel like I need to make a harness just for isolating specific solenoids...that or because it still blows after jp? removed from the PS (the left lower one, solenoid and GI power) will have number tommorrow, but it still blows a fuse. which makes me suggest a new PS to owner, which is pricey...but so is replacing huge cap and so on.

Surprisingly, or not, its a Pinbot without fuse protection put in between the bridge rectifiers. So maybe this is why it plays but poorly despite no F2 fuse

ty

#5 7 years ago

the problem is after the bridge since it blows on the dc side.

bridge or before would be blowing hte line fuse.

2 weeks later
#6 7 years ago

I think it might be the bridge. unplugged most everything, keeps blowing fuse. only one dc out to the solenoids, from the power board, even registgers and its at 24v, where the schematic shows 34v, from 6 + outputs, while I have just 3. and only one shows voltage. going back to the bridge, I am getting a lot of different readings but it was the last thing I did. on diode test, it seemedI had very high resistance instead of .4-.6, more like 1.2. and a short. the connections are soldered in, i suppose I could swap them and see. ordering new ones. am i on to something? also, this is right where 11a should have a fuse on the AC in, and this one doesnt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinbot-blows-f2-fuse-instantly-still-plays-but-ac-relay-goes-bonkers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.