(Topic ID: 209342)

Pinbot - balls not always lockin in visor - Normal?

By Barakawins1

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Barakawins1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Just shopped out a pinbot. Seems like when I shoot the ball locks under the visor they pop out frequently rather than locking. Is this normal? any fix for this?

#2 1 year ago

Make sure your game is level. Bend the scoops slightly. You also might have some wear at the front of the locks which could cause the balls to pop out. Make sure the visor plastic is tight, as well.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Spagano314:

Bend the scoops slightly. You also might have some wear at the front of the locks which could cause the balls to pop out. Make sure the visor plastic is tight, as well.

There is a little wear at the front of the locks. Can you build this up somehow?

#4 1 year ago

To be clear, the balls fail to stay put in the eye sockets, not the machine is kicking them out? If it's the prior, and you've bent the scoops/deflector plates back to a workable angle and still have an issue, then you've lost a fair amount of material off the front of the socket. Rebuilding is an option, but it gets hammered in that location so it may be a short lived solution. You can also try shimming the plastic eye socket cups down with one or a couple of #6 or 8 washers.(between bottom of pf and plastic cup) If this works, I would also clear coat(s) the front of the sockets to slow the future erosion.

Great game...., miss mine

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from lpnsocal:

You can also try shimming the plastic eye socket cups down with one or a couple of #6 or 8 washers.(between bottom of pf and plastic cup) If this works, I would also clear coat(s) the front of the sockets to slow the future erosion.

That's a pretty good idea. It will lower enough to let the ball sit down. I ordered some Wood epoxy putty. I heard that this can form very nicely and harden
well. Once I rebuild I'll clear it and should be pretty good for a while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Stafford, VA
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Merrick, NY
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Sale Pending!
Crofton, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside